Queen Bee Syndrome

By spacemermaid

"So much for great standards, you'd never get him anyway," Nash sneered, and I frowned. "You think I can't?" ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Nash Fucking Grier
Chapter 2: Hot Teacher Alert
Chapter 3: We Have a Bet
Chapter 4: Call Me Max
Chapter 5: Lord, Give Me Strength
Chapter 6: Jolie 1 - 0 Nash ... Maybe
Chapter 7: Not Who I Wanted to See
Chapter 8: Nobody Messes with Jolie Copeland
Chapter 10: That Wasn't Supposed to Happen
Chapter 11: Way to Get a Girls Attention
Chapter 12: Two Weeks with Nash Grier, Aren't I Lucky?
Chapter 13: Not Appropriate for the Dinner Table
Chapter 14: That's What's Wrong with Me
Chapter 15: Who's up for a Party?
Chapter 16: No Point in Sitting around Moping
Chapter 17: Here's to Having a Good Fucking Time
Chapter 18: I Think I Love You
Chapter 19: Hangovers Suck
Chapter 20: Hello Douchebag, Long Time No See
Chapter 21: A Dip in the Lake
Chapter 22: Just for Tonight
Chapter 23: A Bet's a Bet
Chapter 24: One Less Person to Ignore
Chapter 25: Someone to Rely On
Chapter 26: Wanting vs. Doing
Chapter 27: Poodle Hair

Chapter 9: Thanks Mr Edwards or Thanks Nash?

2.1K 39 0
By spacemermaid

Have you ever been so angry that your head hurt, and your body ached and you could almost feel the steam emitting from your ears? Because that’s how I felt after Nash tricked me like that.

Sure, to some it would seem like an overreaction. Why let one little thing bother me so much? Well, I let it bother me so much because it’s never happened to me before. I’d never been manipulated and controlled like that, and it was horrible. I was the one always in control, always manipulating the situation. But, back in that supply closet with Nash, he was the dominant and I had been powerless. I hated that.

Anger radiated from me as I stormed through the school hallway. I had originally intended on finding that cocky piece of shit and ripping him a new one, but instead, my body pushed me towards the exit of the building. I stomped outside into the cool air and sucked in a deep breath. Nope, didn’t help. It didn’t help at all.

I quickly stalked towards the parking lot, not a single rational thought going through my head. Actually, there wasn’t any comprehensible thoughts going through my head. I just felt this need to run, to run away until I forgot about it and everything went back to normal.

I reached my car, and dug my hands into the pockets of my shorts to get my keys, only to realise they weren’t there. And I had left my bag inside the school building. Rather than biting my tongue and going to retrieve my things, I let my rage get the better of me and I started beating my fists against my car.  I screamed over and over again as I did so, ignoring the seering pain that was spreading up my arms from the force I was putting into each punch.

After a few minutes of letting my frustration out on my car, I turned around and placed my back against it and slid onto the cold ground. I then let the tears fall.

It was ridiculous how upset I was over this. It was one incident, with one boy. One stupid boy who I hated.

It could have been because I didn’t want to lose face, or because I didn’t want to sleep with Nash, or anything for that matter. I was upset and angry because of this whole situation that had gotten myself into.

My face had been buried in my hands when a voice spoke to me, “Jolie? Are you alright?”

I looked up through blurry eyes at a male figure standing over me. I wiped the tears from my eyes, and focused on the person.

"Mr Edwards?" I sniffled, confused as to why he was here.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He asked, kneeling down in front of me, concern lacing his voice. I suddenly felt very self-conscious. I probably looked like a hysterical mess.

"I’m f-fine," I told him, unable to prevent myself from stuttering. I wiped my face with my hands, in the faintest hope that it would make me feel better.

"You’re clearly not fine," He said, shaking his head, "What happened?"

"It’s nothing," I told him, "It’s stupid, really. I don’t want to bother you."

"You’re not bothering me, Jolie," He sighed, "I just want to know if you’re alright."

I didn’t know how to respond. I felt very vulnerable. I mean, he’d just seen me crying like a crazy person, and now he seemed worried about me. I didn’t know if I liked that or not.

"Honestly, Mr Edwards, I’m fine," I said, trying to compose myself. I pulled myself up off the ground and Mr Edwards followed suit.

"Your face says otherwise."

I felt like rolling my eyes at him, but refrained. Didn’t he get it? I did not want to talk to him! I was about to tell him this, when a thought came to me. Maybe I could use this to my advantage.

I tried to put on an innocent look and stared down at the ground, “If I talk to you, do you promise not to tell anyone?”

"Of course I won’t tell anyone," He spoke, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I nodded, then looked up at him and bit my lip.

"Well," I sighed, "I had this horrible fight with my boyfriend."

"Your boyfriend?" Mr Edwards raised his eyebrows at me.

"If that’s even what I should call him," I shoke my head as I spoke, "I don’t know what we are. I mean, we’re not official or anything. But.. it’s complicated."

Mr Edwards nodded knowingly and sighed, “I understand.”

"You do?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound as sweet as possible, which was difficult as it was still hoarse from screaming.

"Yes. I’ve been in my fair share of complicated relationships," He chuckled some, "Well, one.

"I’m sorry, sir," I said, shaking my head, "I shouldn’t be bothering you with this."

"Jolie, it’s fine," He said, flashing me a warm smile, "I really don’t mind talking."

"Are you sure it’s not too personal?" I questioned.

"Jolie, I’ve bought you maxi-pads. I’m not sure we can get much more personal than that."

I surprised myself by laughing at the memory. Memory.. it literally happened yesterday.

"Thanks, Mr Edwards. I appreciate you caring enough to talk to me," I smiled at him.

"A teacher can’t help but care when it comes to their best student," He grinned, and I tried very hard to not smirk at the comment.

"I guess I should get back to class," I spoke again after a moment of silence.

"I don’t know about that, Jolie," Mr Edwards said, and I raised my eyebrows at him, "You were pretty upset when I found you. Maybe you should go home and rest."

I thought about it for a moment, then nodded in agreement, “That would probably be best.”

Mr Edwards walked me to the school office and signed me out, then walked me back to the supply closet so I could retrieve my bag.

"So, you were arguing in the supply closet?" He asked as we made our way to the school exit.

"Um, yes," I mumbled, trying not to think about what really happened in there.

"Oh, I’m sorry," He said, noticing my uncomfortable expression, "I didn’t mean to pry."

"It’s fine, Mr Edwards, honestly," I assured him. We made our way back to my car in silence, and stood there awkwardly.

"Thank you again, Mr Edwards," I muttered, though I knew he could hear me.

"No need to thank me, Jolie," He smiled softly at me, "And please, call me Max."

"I thought I was only supposed to call you that outside of school?" I inquired.

"Well, if it’s just between us two then I guess we’re fine," He whispered, smirking at me. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.

"So, I’ll see you in school on Monday?" I opened my car door and threw my bag in, watching Mr Edwards as I did.

"More likely than not."

I nodded and hopped into the car, but as I was going to close the door a hand stopped me.

"Just one more thing," Mr Edwards said, leaning down so we were eye-level, "If you ever need to talk, I’m here."

"I thought that was what the guidance counsellor was for," I chuckled, shifting in my seat.

"Well, yes," He blushed some, realising I was right (he was quite adorable when he blushed), “But, that’s a guidance counsellor. They’ll just tell you what they think is right and move on. I’ll just listen.”

"So if I never somebody to listen to me," I began, and Mr Edwards finished the sentence, "I’m right here."

I nodded once again, and he stepped away from the car. I closed the door and buckled myself in. Before pulling out of the parking lot, I gave Mr Edwards a small wave. He smiled back at me in response.

Once I knew he couldn’t see me anymore, I smirked to myself.

Nash may have tricked me, but he might have just helped me with Mr Edwards as well.

I drove home smiling, with many ideas forming in my head about what to do next with Mr Edwards. Unfortunately, there was another thought, a disgusting thought, that creeped in and pushed them all aside. I couldn’t stop picturing Nash’s lips on my neck. And even more disgustingly, I kinda liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 6.6K 42
Nicole is just a normal girl with only 2 best friends. She is in love with magcon (old) but she knows that she is just a fan. Her parents don't even...
25.5K 838 37
"Why are you so distant?" he asked me. His eyes seemed to be starring a hole right through me. "I don't know. It was easier than letting people in ju...
1.5K 29 31
Taylor Webster was just a 16 year old girl. But her life was a little different. She was diagnosed with Leukaemia and was also born with only one ar...
16.3K 365 73
What is Nash Grier trying to do to Rose Griffin's love life? What does Rose think he wants, why is he still after her even if he has a secret that wo...