Here and Gone

By lacedangel

in which a girl and boy are in the perfect relationship while his brother loves her from afar. what will happ... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
epilouge

20

30.9K 1.5K 2.4K
By lacedangel

ONE WEEK LATER...
[ ADDISON'S POV ]

"A camping trip?" I raised my eyebrow trying not to let out a laugh.

"I know I know, we never do stuff like this, but Lisa has been noticing how distant Grayson is from everything and thought this would be a good idea for our families." My mom put the last dish into the dishwasher.

I've always loved camping. Sitting by the fire, roasting marshmallows. Then in the morning you go jump in the lake and eat fruit all day.

"Yeah I'll go." I push myself off the counter and went into our pantry scouting the food.

"Great! We leave tomorrow but it's just down at Prairie Lake. Only a ten minute drive." My mom shrugged.

I nodded signaling I understood. I grabbed some Doritos from the cabinet and walked upstairs to my room.

Honestly, if we are going to be spending a whole weekend together, I need to get things back onto track.

Clearly both Ethan and Grayson are hiding something but I'm not going to pressure it out of them anymore. It's their decision to tell me whenever they are ready.

I'm tired of not knowing what I am with them either. Grayson and I are on an awkward foot right now while Ethan and I agreed to just let everything rest right now. I just need my best friends back.

It was so much more simple but I do own up to the fact that everything that's happened has been my fault. The accident was my fault.

I went home with Ethan to make sure he was okay instead of going home with Grayson. He would have never of went out to go get my favorite roses if it weren't for me.

Them fighting has been my fault, or at least I think it has. They won't tell me what's going on so it's a mystery to me by this point.

I felt my phone buzz on my dresser and it was a message from Claire.

CLAIRE: Huge party this weekend!! Go with me

I texted her back,

ME: I can't :( going on a camping trip down to the lake with the Dolan family

CLAIRE: you guys all good now?

ME: no but I'm hoping this will settle things. I miss the way things used to be. All three of us cuddled on the couch having tickle fights UGH

CLAIRE: well tell me how that goes! On the other hand, no one can go to this party! Matt is out of town, Maggie is grounded and Shay is going to a football clinic.

ME: I gotchu next weekend boo, sorry

After that, she didn't answer.

I began to pack my bag with warm clothes dude the the fact that it's December and freezing outside.

____
MORNING OF TRIP

"That's the last thing!" I shut the back of the black Range Rover. Obviously it's not mine, it's Ethans and we decided to take it so we could actually fit everyone.

The front seats were my mom and Lisa, Cameron and I in the back seats and in the very back it was Grayson and Ethan.

"Aren't you guys excited! It's gonna be just like old times!" Lisa smiled aiming her eyes to the back seat directly at Grayson.

"I actually am excited. I can't wait for the s'mores." Ethan chuckled.

"I'm just excited for the camping part. I love the woods." Grayson smiled at his mom causing me to smile.

He's actually excited for something.

"I just can't wait for you two to be drunk and fall asleep." Cameron laughed making the whole car laugh except my mom and Lisa.

"Oh shut it, Cam." Lisa turned back to face the wheel and we started driving.

The whole car ride we just talked about a bunch of random stuff and the twins seemed to be getting along which made me really happy.

Once we got there we all hopped out of the car and grabbed our bags and the cooler from the back of the car.

We walked down next to the lake where there was a perfect circle of trees for a camp. My mom and Lisa were gonna share a tent, Grayson and Ethan were gonna share, Cameron and I had our own tents.

My mom and Lisa got theirs up fast from past experience. "Nice!" My mom high-fived Lisa.

"Let's go for a hike and let the kids do whatever." My mom told Lisa and she agreed.

"See ya later kiddos! Set up a fire while you're at it!" Lisa giggles before they scatter off.

"That's code for alcohol." Cameron went into her tent and zipped it.

Grayson and Ethan got theirs tents up in no time while I was over here struggling to get the stick into the ground. "Ugh!" I threw my hands up getting frustrated.

Grayson chuckled, "you want help with that?" He walked over next to me putting his hands on his hips.

I nodded, "please!" I practically begged while running my hands through my hair.
He grabbed the sticks out of my hand and put up the tent in less than two minutes.

"There you go." He sent me a smile before walking off to grab the cooler. He really does love nature. It has always seemed to put him in his best moods.

After Grayson helped me set up my tent, I went inside to lay out my blankets and put my bags inside.

After a couple of minutes of getting everything together I crawled out of my tent and stood up straight adjusting my clothes.

I look around becoming confused when I don't see Grayson or Ethan. My eyes scan the woods but don't see them. "Guys?" I call out but the only response I got was from a couple of birds chirping.

I hear leaves crunching and turn around to see Grayson and Ethan both tackle me onto my back. We fell onto a huge pile of leaves. "Holy shit!" I mumbled to myself trying to get my heart rate back on track.

"Haha!" The both laugh to each other with their arms pissing me down.

"Rude!" I whined.

"What? Did you think we got hurt? Or vanished?" Ethan stuck out his bottom lip mocking me.

"No but I wish you did!" I giggled pushing them off of me.

"Awh don't be butt hurt Ad." Grayson sits on his knees.

I walked to my tent grabbing a white beanie from inside.
"Are you guys gonna help me get some wood or what?" I laughed placing the beanie on top of my head.

They looked at each other then laughed agreeing to help me.

We searched the woods for logs and giant sticks until we gathered enough for a fire.

By the time we got back it was around sunset.

"You guys have been gone forever!" My mom complained as her, Lisa and Cameron sat in a circle with blankets set out.

"We just got side-tracked and played tag for a while." Ethans cheeks turned red getting embarrassed.

"Let's get this fire started!" Cameron completely ignored the fact that Ethan just admit we played tag as the 16 and 17 year olds that we are.

Grayson and I started stacking the wood together while Ethan poured gas over the wood. I stood close to the fire as I bent down to light it with my hand lighter. The wood went up into instant flames almost hitting me.

"Addison!" Grayson's stern voice shouted while I felt two hands pull me back from my waist.

"Oh my god!" My mom screamed at the fact that I almost caught on fire.

I turned around to face Grayson being inches away from his face, "thank you." I swallowed.

His hands were still tight around me as he stared deep into my eyes, "Yeah." He whispered as he nodded his head.

After a while he cleared his throat blinking a couple of times letting go of me. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

I looked over to Cameron who had a smirk on heir face but she tried to cover it with her hand.
My mom and Lisa looked at each other then to us.

This is so awkward.

"Do you wanna go get the s'mores stuff?" Grayson pointed to his and Ethans tent.
I nodded and we walked into his tent grabbing a couple boxes of crackers.

"Thank you, Grayson." I softly said to him.

"You already said that." He chuckled grabbing the chocolate and marshmallows.

"I know-" I pause when I see the white journal that I got his sitting on his blankets. "but.... just thank you." I finished.

"Well come on, let's make some s'mores." He held open the tent for me and we both walked out.

Ethan was sitting in one of the chairs wrapped in a blanket. Grayson and I sat onto the blanket that was on the floor while he grabbed another throw blanket that was sitting off the the side.

Without me even asking he instantly wraps it around me trying to make me warm. I gazed at him with a really small smile on my face.

He nodded his head and turned back towards the fire.

"Sticks for everyone!" Cameron threw us each a stick from the ground and we all stuck marshmallows on top of them.

I stuck mine out into the fire letting it slowly roast to the perfect temperature while Grayson did the same.

Ethan hooked his phone up to the speaker and started playing really chill music that set the mood perfectly.

Watching the flames go into the thin air and everyone smiling and talk about random thugs made me really happy. This is all I wanted. Just to be friends with everyone again. This feels like old times.

I leaned my head onto Grayson's arm keeping my head aimed to the fire but I watched him with my eyes.

He was just staring at the fire but a very small smile started to appear on his face.

I smiled to myself knowing that he was happy.

Ethan got up from the chair and walked over to sit by Grayson and I. I lifted my head off of Grayson's arm and looked to the other side of me where Ethan say there cross-cross. He held the stick and melted marshmallow in his hand.

"Wanna give me a damn cracker before this sticky marshmallow ruins my clothes." He chuckled pointing to the box of crackers.

I laughed to myself while grabbing the box. I readjusting myself to where I was sitting cross-cross and opened the box grabbing two gram crackers.

"Here." I held out the cracker and Ethan put the marshmallow on top of it.

"Where's the chocolate?" Ethan looked around to see if he was sitting on it.

We both look over at Grayson and see him with a guilty look on his face while he breaks into laughter. Beautiful.

"Grayson you ate it all!" I whined.

"No! But let me just have one more bite!" He begs holding the chocolate away from us.

Ethan and I give each other a look then look back to Grayson. He pauses not knowing what we were thinking.

We jumped on top of him fighting him for the chocolate. "Give it!" I giggled grabbing it out of his hands.

Ethan quickly got off of Grayson and opened a piece off chocolate.

Grayson and I slowly stop play fighting as we stared at each other. I could feel his hand was on my lower back while the other was gripped onto my wrist.

"Oh my god this is so good!" Ethan moaned being satisfied of the taste.

Grayson and I both look over at him and laugh at him while I get off of Grayson, but he doesn't let go of my lower back. As we both sit up he keeps his hand wrapped around the back of my waist causing me to lean into him just a little bit.

I feel a little uncomfortable knowing Ethan was right there and that I just need them as my fiends for right now.

But I soon realized that we didn't his kind of stuff all the time when we were all just fiends.

I finally got my best friends back.

_____
(Sorry for all the spelling errors)
500 votes + 300 comments for next chapter!
comment your thoughts!
I love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.9K 25
In which a teenage girl sits out on her porch every night to admire the stars, and finally has some company when twin boys move in next door. ...
309K 10.8K 40
In which a young woman's life turns around for the better when she walks into a bar and has a connection with an older man. An Ethan Dolan...
1.4M 79.6K 28
"do you love him again?" "I never stopped." sequel to Bad Taste. highest rankings: #9 in fan fiction
3.4M 126K 43
in which a boy gets into an accident at a party and ends up falling in love with the girl he used to bully. highest rankings: #4 in fan fiction