28

If you flipped to this page, that means you still love me. I can't wait to find out.

But first of all before I see you, I want you to promise me something.

Flip to the last page of this journal....

I did as instructed and flipped to the last page.

My breath hitched as I saw a rounded golden ring with the words 'PROMISE ' written across it.

"Oh my god." I whispered to myself. I removed the tape from the ring and put it onto my left hand ring finger.

I gazed at it feeling so warm and gushy inside.
I looked back down to the paper and kept reading.

Now flip back to the original page.

I did as I was instructed once again and flipped back.

This is a promise ring for not only you, but me. I have one too. I can show you when I see you.

This ring holds so much meaning to me and I hope it will too now that you have put it on.

This ring is a promise to love each other no matter what happens.

This ring is a promise to never let anyone get in between us.

This ring is a promise to never love anyone but each other.

This ring is a promise to always be open and listen to each other's sides of the story when we argue.

This ring is a promise to always put each other first.

This ring is a promise to love each other endlessly until the day we die.

If you've backed down, I understand, Addison. Its a lot of commitment.

But, you've been my day one and I want you with me till all my days are used up.

If you are still in with me on this, come see me.

If not, just come over and explain to me and I promise I'll understand.

No matter the outcome... I will always and forever love you with every part of me.

Love,
Grayson

I felt my heart beating out of my chest. My face had dried tear stains and my nose was stuffy.

I slowly closed the journal and held it into my hands. I looked at it for a little while then finally decided to get up.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of my front door and quickly walked across my lawn to Grayson's house.

[ GRAYSON'S POV ]

I sat on the couch while I waited anxiously for Addison's arrival. Today I was either getting my heart completely torn out of my chest or it was finally going to be healed.

I tapped my foot on the ground repeatedly while my fingers rubbed against each other.

The only sound here was going throughout my house was the sound of the clock ticking in the kitchen and my heavy slowly breaths breathing in and out.

Three light knocks on the door caused my head to shoot in the direction of the front of my house.

I got up and walked to the front door putting my hand on the knob. I took a deep breath then opened it.

There stood the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

She had red cheeks. Her eyes were puffy and blood shot. She had been crying... a lot.
She had the journal in her hand.