39

[ ADDISON'S POV ]

I pulled up to the cliff that over looked the lake; where we usually would go when we had a lake day.

Grayson's car was parked as he was sitting inside of it, looking down onto his phone.

I took a deep breath knowing that this could go either way; bad or good. I have a feeling it's going to go the way I think it is.

I opened my car door and saw him look up at me. He put his phone down and opened his door.

I shut mine slowly walking towards his car. He shut his car door and walked towards me.

Once we got close I could feel that he was going to hug me so I crossed my arms nonchalantly.
"Hi." He spoke.
"Hi." I almost whispered.

He shifted from heal-to-for anxiously, "wanna go sit? The view is beautiful today." He pointed his thumb behind him I the ledge.

"Yeah." I agreed and we walked over to the rock. Carefully we both sat down on the edge of the rock as let out legs hangover the ledge that was above the water.

We sat there for a couple minutes taking in the peace that flowed through the air knowing this conversation was going to be rough.

He broke the silence, "I've missed you." He hesitantly spoke his mind. I could feel my heart rate pick up in pace.

I looked down to my hands that were in my lap. "I missed you too." I looked back up to him seeing a small smile on his face, but I could tell he was uncomfortable that we were so distant mentally.

"But it hurts, Grayson." I turned my head looking back down to my hands.

"I know. I ruined everything." He brought his knees up towards his chest while his arms folding on top of them.

"I have one question." My voice was getting weaker and weaker by the second.
He nodded his head preparing for what I was about to ask.

"Did you mean to do it?" I raised my eyebrows as hope filled though out my whole body.

His eyes looked out to the lake then slowly fell to his hands. He bit his bottom lip as his face scrunched a tiny bit, then he nodded his head. "I did."

There it was. The two words that made my whole body crumble and feel like I was slowly falling into pieces.

Instantly my mood changed, all the hope I had left in me was gone. My body was filling with regret and loneliness.

I rubbed my lips together looking away from him.

"I'm never going to lie to you. Ever." His voice became shaky which caught me off guard. "In the moment something came over me. Every bone in my body was telling me not to kiss her, but I did. I didn't stop it."

My face became tighter as I still refused to look in his direction. I can't even describe how deep the pit in my stomach is.

"I kissed someone else, Addison. I broke everything. I broke our promise, I broke the meaning of our rings, I broke you. I even broke myself." He put his hands into his hair.

I stayed quiet for a while. "Maybe I was just dumb for this, but I truly had no thought in the world that even came close to the thought of you cheating on me. I actually believed that it would only be us. For now and forever." There it was, the tear slipped down my face.

"So did I. It was supposed to be us in the end. It was supposed to be us against the world. We were supposed to get matching tattoos. We we're supposed to create jokes that only we understood while everyone else thought we were just weird." He started smiling to himself as he over looked the lake."

"We made a pact, and I broke that. I never planned that one day I'd be loosing you, but I guess today's the day." A tear slid from his eye as a painful smile fell onto his face.

"Look at me." My hand held onto his chin making him turn towards me.

His glossy; puffy eyes looked me directly in the eye while he sniffed his nose.

Another tear fell from my face as I slowly let go of him, "I'm going to love you till I take my last breath in this world. I don't have a single doubt about that." I state causing a weak smile to appear on his face.

"But, maybe this is just a sign that it's the wrong timing for us." I continued. "I think we should just.... let go." My heart fall to my feet just hearing the words come out of my mouth.

My whole body felt super heavy.
He closed his eyes and while his facial features fell.

"If we ever find our way back to each other, then we will be together. I think it's time for us to stop making such hard decisions and let life take us where we need to be." I put my hand onto the back of his head while running his finger tips lightly through his hair.

"I love you so much." His arms wrapped around me tightly.

"I love you too." I closed my eyes while hugging him back, taking in his scent for the last time.

We both stood up and walked back towards our cars. He stopped me from walking though.

"Addison." He held my hands onto his.
"Yeah?" I turned towards him looking up into his huge hazel eyes that made me even more hurt just by looking at them.

"Don't forget about me." He tried to smile.
I laughed softly, "I don't think I could ever forget about you."

He pulled my wrists causing me to move closer to him. He put his hands onto my face; cupping my cheeks. He leaned down and slowly kissed me.

Fire moved through my system just by the touch of his warm lips. He kissed me so passionately and deeply. His warm lips took over mine the finally departing.

I opened my eyes and looked back into his eyes, "I'm sorry I broke our promise. We will find our way back to each other. I trust our love is strong enough." He sent me a very sensitive wink.

I laughed softly, closing my eyes. "Goodbye Grayson." I kissed his soft cheek one last time before walking back to my car.

Goodbye, love.

THE END.

VOTE IT UP IF YOU WANT AN EPILOGUE!!!

All of your comments make me laugh so hard and make me happy know you can truly feel what the characters are feeling in this book.

Trust me, I see EVERY single comment haha. You guys are too funny.