10

[ GRAYSON'S POV ]

"Good morning man." Ethan opened the fridge with a wide smile on his face.
I glanced at him then back down to my phone while taking another bite of my cereal.

"Or not?" He narrowed his eyebrows. I kept staring down to my phone trying to ignore him.

"Grayson?" Ethan sat down at the stool across from me.
I didn't respond and he finally caught on. "The silent treatment?" He was confused. "Oh shit." He mumbled to himself seconds after.

"Is this about Addison?"

I glanced up at him then back down to my phone.

He put his hands down onto the table. "Shit Gray, I'm sorry man okay?"

"Shut up, Ethan. Don't act like you aren't on top of the world right now." I shook my head glaring at him. "You knew how hard I was trying to remember her and work for her."

"Yeah welcome the the club. I've been working for her for six years." He rolled his eyes.

"There's no point in going for her, she's never gonna care for you how she does for me." I said cockily.

"Fuck you man." He stood up walking towards the door and slamming it on the way out.

[ ADDISON'S POV ]

My head shifted towards the door when I heard four knocks it. I put down my bagel and went to open it.

There stood a tall ethan with grey joggers and a black hoodie. "Hey." His eyes glowed looking down at me.
I cleared my throat, "hi." I sent a soft smile.

"Can we talk?" He looked a little concerned.
"Um" I thought for a second. "Yeah." I opened my door letting him inside.

"My parents aren't awake yet, lets go up to my room." I grabbed his arm moving him in front of me then pushing him up the stairs.

Once we got into my room I shut my door. Ethan sat down onto my bed putting a pillow into his lap. I sat down next to him getting a little nervous.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked him.
He chuckled, "last night..."

I took a deep breath in, "Ethan... last night." I gently grabbed onto his hand as I started playing with it. I stuttered on my words not knowing what to say and what not to say.

His eyes gazed into mine waiting for me to speak. "It was a one time thing." My eyes shifted up towards him.

"What?" He narrowed his eyes brows beyond confused.

"We need to pretend like last night never happened." My heart was aching just telling him this.

"Did you not feel anything?" He clinched his jaw getting confused and frustrated.

"I- i don't kn-" I hesitated.
"Did you feel anything!" His voice raised.
"It doesn't matter whether I did or not! This doesn't change the fact that you deserve better than me!" I could feel my face getting red.

"Don't deserve you?" He scoffed over dramatically.

"You deserve someone who isn't gonna love your brother, Ethan." I let go of his hands.

He nodded slowly, "You're in luck." He fake smiled getting off of the bed.

I raised my eyebrow confused. "Grayson saw us kiss last night. He was so fucking jealous and we got into a fight about it this morning. Why don't you just hit him up." Ethan started walking out but I grabbed his wrist.

"Ethan stop." I asked.

"No. Clearly you two are meant to be so go to him." He walked out of my room and slammed my door.