15

MONDAY
[ ADDISON'S POV ]

"So how's Grayson taking all of this?" Claire, Maggie and a couple of the girls leaned in putting there full attention on me.

"He's been more quiet." I lowered my voice as I took a bite of my apple.

They all stayed quiet as they looked at each other with sad looks, "okay don't look at each other like I'm not right here." I chuckled sarcastically.

"Sorry Addy, it's just weird for everyone ya know? Like it's been you and Grayson for as long as anyone can remember." Claire shrugged.

"Seeing girls actually go for him is weird because when y'all were together, people knew that they didn't have a chance with him cause his eyes were all on you." Maggie chimed in.

I felt that hit my heart like a blade.

"It's weird for me too. Seeing him like this..." I looked down at my food playing with it.

They were about to answer but hesitated. I felt two hands around my eyes and a voice, "guess who?"

"Hmm." I pretended to think, "ethan?" I giggled.
He moved his hands from my eyes and I turned to look at him. His precious smile and big hazel eyes stared down at me like I was his world. "You got it!" He chuckled.

"What's up?" I put my hands onto my knees as I sat on the bench.
"Come over after school so we can study for that math test you have tomorrow." He grinned.

"What math- oh yeah gotcha." My cheeks flushed red in realization.
Ethan blushed, "see you tonight Ad." He put his fingertips on my chin and bent down leaving a kiss on my lips.

I bit my bottom lip as I watched him walk back to his friends. I turned back to mine and all of their mouths we're dropped.

I rolled my eyes, already knowing what they were thinking.

"I don't know about y'all but I ship it already." Claire ate a chip and shrugged.
"Awh! Me too!" The rest of the girls said.
With them supporting Ethan and I makes me really happy. Things change and they understand that.

I looked over to Maggie who just sat looking down at her food and ate. She said nothing and had no expression on her face.

____

I knocked three times on the front door. I saw a body through the faded glass expecting it to be Ethan-I was surprised when I saw Grayson.

I froze up a little feeling awkward, "hi."
He took in a lot of air as he tensed up, "Hey."
"Is Ethan here? He said he was gonna help me study for my test." I rubbed my lips together.

"Oh. He should be home soon, he probably stopped for food on the way home." Grayson opened the door and sat into the living room couch.

I closed the door behind me and set my stuff onto the ground.

I bit my lip being hesitant on talking to him.
"How've you been?"
He looked up at me and had a weak smile on his face, "I'm fine Addison."

No he's not. Nothing about the way he just said that shows that he's fine.

"Grayson, you don't have to lie to me. I know we aren't at the best spot right now but you're still the kid I've always known. You can talk to me." I sat down on the couch next to him.