21

[ ADDISON'S POV ]

My mom yawned widely as the hours have pasted us by.

"We should get going to bed, tomorrow's gonna be a fun filled day!" Lisa tried to have excitement in her voice but she just comes off as tired.

"Yeah I'm beat." Ethan wipes his hands off then standing up.

We all stand up, collecting our blankets.

"Cameron and I will be cooking some bacon tomorrow morning on the grill down closer to the water, there's also yogurts on the coolers so just grab what you'd like when you wake up." Lisa tells us all before her and my mom walk off to their tent.

"I'll see you guys in the morning, goodnight." Cameron pulls Grayson into a hug, then Ethan.

When she gets to me I hug her and she walks off to her tent.

Ethan starts to pick up all of the crackers and left over chocolate-putting it onto the table.

"I'll see you guys in the morning, see you in a few Gray." Ethan speaks while grabbing his blanket, "goodnight Addison." He smiles at me then walking into his tent.

Grayson turned towards me, "goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow."
Unexpectedly, he leans down kissing my cheek softly.

I blush looking down to my feet, "Goodnight." I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

We both split ways and I crawl into my tent wrapping myself in all the blankets that I had. Shit it's so cold.

After thirty minutes of laying down listening to the woods outside of my tent, I heard a couple of sticks breaking.

My eyes quickly opened but I didn't move. I heard shuffling around outside and my worst fears were getting to me.

If I die right now, Jesus know I love you.

I tired to ignore it but I couldn't. It's one in the morning? What is outside of my tent at one in the morning.

Being the dumbass I am, I decided to check it out. I took a deep breath in then slowly unzipping the tent. I peaked my head out but it was really dark. All the shuffling stopped and the only thing you could hear were the crickets that talked in the trees.

I stuck my head back inside and recovered myself fast. I stacked all the blankets on top of me as if they could protect me and sealed my eyes shut.

I sat there for ten minutes realizing I wasn't gonna be able to fall asleep. The cracking noise from earlier officially woke me up.

I let out a huff and grabbed my flashlight deciding to just go for a little walk.

I put on my hoodie and put the hood on to try to be warmer. I unzipped the tent again and crawled out. When I stood up I adjusted my wrinkled clothes.

A light caught me off guard causing me to look up.

Grayson was sitting in a hammock that overlooked the lake. The wind swept him back and forth slowly. He had his hood on as he looked down.

I was quiet relieved knowing who it was breaking the sticks and we weren't gonna get mauled by a bear.

I quietly walked over to him standing beside the hammock but he was so deep into writing that he didn't even notice me.

He was focused down on his journal, writing away. His hand movements were fast as the pen wrote down his thoughts. He held a tiny flashlight in between his teeth that was aimed down onto the paper.

"Can't sleep?" I asked him.

His head jumped; shooting up to look at me. He quickly put the pen in his lap then closing the book.