4

[ ADDISON'S POV ]

"Oh my god did he just miss the pass?" A couple of the cheerleaders whispered to each other. The whole crowd gasped as the opposite team cheered.

I swear I felt my heart clinch when I saw Ethan rip his helmet off and quickly walked off the field angrily.

He pushed opened one of the metal gates that led to the darkness of bleachers.

I quickly looked around then dropped my pom poms onto the ground as I jogged to the gate.
I wrapped my hand onto the gate as I paused looking into the darkness of the bleachers.

"Ethan?" I started slowly walking.
I began to see him. His back was facing me while his hands tightly gripped a poll.

He didn't say anything, just small pants left his body.

I walked closer to him then putting my hand onto his shoulder, "ethan." I repeated.
I tugged lightly on his shoulder causing him to turn towards me.

"Go away Addison." His stern voice directed me. His eyes avoided coming into contact with mine.
His face was a flushed red while his hair was messy and his whole face drooped.

"Hey." I sent his a soft smile letting go of his shoulder. "It's just a rough game okay?"
"No." He snapped. "It's not. I suck at football." He put his hands onto the back of his head.

I bit my lip nervously as I thought to myself making sure not to say anything that would effect him.
"E..." I gently grabbed his wrist sitting him onto the ground with me. "You know you can talk to me about anything right?"

His head turned towards me as his eyebrows narrowed. "Are you implying something?"
I let out a sigh looking down at his feet then back up to his face.

His eyes filled almost with hope that I would say the right thing. "I know you and Julia didn't work out."

He scoffed shaking his head looking disappointed.
"What?" I questioned.

"You just wouldn't understand, Addison." His head faced straight forward completely dodging my presence.

"I can't understand unless you tell me." I put my hand onto his back rubbing it up and down.
A fake soft laugh escaped his lips as his head turned towards me again.

"Ethan please." I looked into his eyes trying to get something out of him.
"No Addison." His face went straight as his voice got angry.

His body stood up as he started walking away. I quickly got up jogging after him. I got in front of him stopping him in his footsteps. "I'm not letting you leave." I put my hand on his chest to hold him back.

"Addison move." His tone was almost dangerous as he tried to walk again but I stopped him.
"Ethan I want to help you!"

"God just stop!" He yelled causing me to pause. "You don't know what it's like loving you while you're in love with my twin brother! It's hell, Addison!" He threw his hands into the air.

It's the most horrible intense feeling and I have to live with it!" He yelled directly into my face.

I felt choked up. My heart felt like it was slowly breaking for him.
"Ethan.." I blinked a couple times while my eyes looked down.

He calmed down, "knowing you won't ever feel the same way back is the worst part." His hand gently touched my arm sliding down to my hand, holding it lightly.

"Have you really never felt anything between us?" His eyes looked deep into mine.
I felt like i was choking on my own throat, "I-" I hesitated not wanting to hurt him.

He let go on my hand looking down. The corner of his mouth frowned downwards, "that's what I thought."
He walked past me leaving my speechless.

I turned around to look at him; he ran his hand through his hair. I heard the sirens and drums playing our school song signaling the game was over-we won.

I started jogging back to the gate trying to comprehend what had just happened. I'm the reason Ethan was so upset. I'm the reason he played horribl-

"Addison!" Grayson yelled for me as he held the trophy up while everyone cheered around him and patted his shoulder congratulating him.

I sent him a soft smile as I started jogging towards him. His arms quickly wrapped fast around my waist. "I'm so happy for you!" I closed my eyes taking in his presence.

"I love you so much." He whispered into my ear. As I opened my eyes, Ethan stood by the gate holding his helmet in his hand lookin at us. His head looked down then he turned around walking away.

My body froze as I watched him but once I could no longer see him I put my attention back to Grayson. "I love you too babe." My cheeks became flushed at how happy I was for him. I know how much the game meant to him.

He let go of our hug, "Do you wanna drive home with me or get a ride with your friends?"

I looked back to the gate where Ethan went, "I think I'm gonna go back with my friends." I turned my head back to Grayson. "But I'll be over tonight!"

"How about we go on a date? Get some food and bring it to that grass field and watch the stars?" He grinned down at me.

I blushed deeply to myself, "sounds like a plan."

____

350 votes for next chapter!
comment your thoughts!
I love y'all!