20

ONE WEEK LATER...
[ ADDISON'S POV ]

"A camping trip?" I raised my eyebrow trying not to let out a laugh.

"I know I know, we never do stuff like this, but Lisa has been noticing how distant Grayson is from everything and thought this would be a good idea for our families." My mom put the last dish into the dishwasher.

I've always loved camping. Sitting by the fire, roasting marshmallows. Then in the morning you go jump in the lake and eat fruit all day.

"Yeah I'll go." I push myself off the counter and went into our pantry scouting the food.

"Great! We leave tomorrow but it's just down at Prairie Lake. Only a ten minute drive." My mom shrugged.

I nodded signaling I understood. I grabbed some Doritos from the cabinet and walked upstairs to my room.

Honestly, if we are going to be spending a whole weekend together, I need to get things back onto track.

Clearly both Ethan and Grayson are hiding something but I'm not going to pressure it out of them anymore. It's their decision to tell me whenever they are ready.

I'm tired of not knowing what I am with them either. Grayson and I are on an awkward foot right now while Ethan and I agreed to just let everything rest right now. I just need my best friends back.

It was so much more simple but I do own up to the fact that everything that's happened has been my fault. The accident was my fault.

I went home with Ethan to make sure he was okay instead of going home with Grayson. He would have never of went out to go get my favorite roses if it weren't for me.

Them fighting has been my fault, or at least I think it has. They won't tell me what's going on so it's a mystery to me by this point.

I felt my phone buzz on my dresser and it was a message from Claire.

CLAIRE: Huge party this weekend!! Go with me

I texted her back,

ME: I can't :( going on a camping trip down to the lake with the Dolan family

CLAIRE: you guys all good now?

ME: no but I'm hoping this will settle things. I miss the way things used to be. All three of us cuddled on the couch having tickle fights UGH

CLAIRE: well tell me how that goes! On the other hand, no one can go to this party! Matt is out of town, Maggie is grounded and Shay is going to a football clinic.

ME: I gotchu next weekend boo, sorry

After that, she didn't answer.

I began to pack my bag with warm clothes dude the the fact that it's December and freezing outside.

____
MORNING OF TRIP

"That's the last thing!" I shut the back of the black Range Rover. Obviously it's not mine, it's Ethans and we decided to take it so we could actually fit everyone.

The front seats were my mom and Lisa, Cameron and I in the back seats and in the very back it was Grayson and Ethan.

"Aren't you guys excited! It's gonna be just like old times!" Lisa smiled aiming her eyes to the back seat directly at Grayson.