18

2 updates in one day?? COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS OK I PUT A LOT OF TIME INTO THIS :)

[ ADDISON'S POV ]

I sat in the corner of the couch waiting for my mom to come home from grocery shopping with Lisa. It's only nine in the morning but I'm wide awake and honestly have no idea why.

I sit, watching Lemonade Mouth while putting the tiny Cheerios into my mouth.

I hear the front door open and what sounds like shuffling from all the grocery bags. I quickly hit pause so I don't miss anything and stand up, "welcome back."

Lisa and my mom both smile, "we could have used your help ya know!" My mom places the bags onto the island counter.

"I didn't feel like waking up at six in the morning, maybe next time." I joke putting my bowl into the sink.

"Well to make up for it, help Lisa put the ice into the freezer in the garage." My mom points to all of the ice bags.

I nod and we both grab three bags. Once we reach the garage, Lisa speaks up. "I know it's only been a couple of days, but have you been watching over Grayson?"

I smiled lightly to myself remembering giving him his gift, he seemed thankful. "Yeah actually, I have been." I tell her.

"Thank goodness. How was he at the party last night?" Her calm voice asked while she stuffed the ice into the freezer.

"He was a little..." i squinted my eyes, "distant I guess." I sighed thinking back on how he wasn't talking to anyone.

Lisa looked disappointed.
"But I gave him my gift." I smiled putting another ice bag into the freezer.

"What did you get him! You never told me." She picked up and ice bag and held it in her hands as she waited for my answer.

"A journal." I told her, "but instead of a regular journal that people can read, it has a lock and key. I wanted him to know that his thoughts are for him. Hopefully he starts to write again knowing it's private." I shrugged.

"Oh honey!" Lisa put the bag down. "That's perfect. I know he will love it, especially if it came from you." She smiled pulling me into a warm hug.

Her last couple of words hit me. Even with his memory gone he still appreciates me. I let out a huff of air. "I hope so."

"Hopefully that gets him to start writing things down again, you know? Knowing that it's only open for his eyes. When he used to write, he was a little more unstressed." She let go of the hug and closed the freezer.

"I do too. It would help him out a lot." I admit my feelings.

"Will you still check up on him every now and then? It's just been rough for him. Ethans been trying to comfort him but it's just not working. It's starting to hurt Ethan too... even if he doesn't admit it, I can see it." Lisa looked a bit let down.

So that's why Ethans been a little off.

"Of course I will. I always will be there for both of them." I sent her an honest reassuring smile.

"Thank you darling. And by the way, don't feel guilty for going from Grayson to Ethan." Her words surprised me.

My stomach dropped a little hearing how conceded she must think I am.

"They are both amazing boys, I understand how it must be. Either way, they love you to death. They would never be mad with whatever you choose." Was the last thing she said before walking back into the house.