7

"Good morning sweetie. Did you get any sleep?" Lisa asked me putting some eggs and bacon onto a bunch of plates.

"Not a lot, but I got some." I sat down onto a bar stool.
"I'm so sorry, Addison." She stopped what she was doing. "I know how tough it's going to be on you."

"I just can't believe it's real. Like he actually doesn't know who I am." I fake laughed.

"Here." She handed me a plate with some eggs and bacon on it. "Why don't you go up there and give this to him. Try having a talk with him."

"I don't think I can talk with him right now." A pit of nervousness hit my stomach.

"Then just see him. Trust me, it will be good for you." She turned around before I could say no.

I've never seen or talked to Grayson when he hasn't known who I am. It's always been us. A majority of his life is missing right now because I've been in most of it. I don't know what his personality is gonna be like.

I walked up the stairs seeing Ethan start walking down them, "where are you going?" He glided his hand through his hair.

"Giving this to Grayson." I told him. A almost hurt look came over his face. "Your mom insisted." I let out a huff.

I kept walking up the stairs and down the hallway until I approached his door. My whole body started beating in fear. I put my hand on the door handle and twisted it lightly.

When I opened the door I saw Grayson's hazel eyes shift from his phone to me. He was wearing an orange sweatshirt with black joggers and a grey beanie.

His eyebrows raised as he blinked a couple times softly. "Hi." He spoke.

"Hi.."I closed the door behind us. "I uh, I brought you breakfast." I handed him the plate.
Before I pulled away his hand latched onto my wrist, "Addison."

My heart dropped at the sound of his voice saying my name. I was speechless not knowing what to say.

"You're Addison. The girl from the hospital last night. Previous girlfriend." He let go of my wrist. "And you're wearing my sweatshirt." He chuckled.

His chuckle made my whole body weak. I slowly pulled my arm back, "Yeah. Previous girlfriend." I felt a tear slide down my face but I quickly wiped it away.

"Sit down." He patted the bed. I hesitated but sat down on the bed next to him.

His eyes traveled around my face, scanning every part of it. "How do I not remember you? My mom told me I've known you since I was practically born."

Another tear slipped from my eye as I looked down to my hands. My heart can't handle this. I've never known Grayson when he doesn't love me.

"Hey..." he lifted my chin with his fingers. "Don't cry." His thumbs wiped away my tears. Making me look directly into his eyes. "You're way too pretty to cry." His hazel eyes looked into mine.

Even a life without me hasn't changed him. He's still the sweet and sensitive boy that I love.

His words flowed through me and it was almost painful to hear his voice say that. I quickly got up making him loosing his grip on my face. "I'm sorry I can't." I left the room and shut the door behind me.

I walked downstairs seeing Ethan sitting on the bar stool. Once I got to the end of the stairs I stood still looking at him. When he realized I was crying he rushed over to me, "Addison what's wrong? Is it Grayson?"

I nodded wrapping my arms around Ethan. His hand stroked my hair as he hugged back. "He's never gonna remember me." I cried into his shoulder.

He let out a sigh, "lets get you mind off of things. Let's go get lunch! My mom isn't a very good cook anyways." His hands rubbed my arms.