Idol Manager

By TheWritingPikachu

Despite a dark past, Marcus has had a pretty perfect school life and has graduated from the best college in K... More

A/N
New Job
Manager
Appeal
Dinner
Workout
Bath
Breakfast
First Day of Work
Stage Fright
A/N
Snow Day
Skiing Gone Wrong
Snow Day (Pt. 2)
Question
Check Up
Surprise
1K
Sad Past
Sixteen
Morning Routine
2K
Cover
Rankings?
Check Up (pt. 2)
4K
5K
Late Night Fun
6K
Morning Routine (Jihyo)
11K
Wake up call
Substitute
Meeting
Home Sweet Home
Cover 2
Rush Hour
Ramen
Filling In
21K
Lunch Delivery
Freaky Friday (Oneshot)
Freaky Friday (Pt. 2)
Date (Jeongyeon)
Maintenance
Thank you all
New Cover!
Discharged
Change of Plans
Mafia(Mini Series)
Mafia (Pt. 2)
Mafia (Pt. 3)
Long Ago (Oneshot)
Event
Reality TV

Job Wanted

10.3K 145 20
By TheWritingPikachu

"Really? I'm so happy for you, dude! You've been wanting that job for a while," I say to a friend on the phone.

"I know, I'm sorry that you couldn't get in, though," says my friend.

"No, it's okay" "Are you sure?" he said, making sure.

"I'm fine," I say.

"I'll make it up to you someday," he said as he hangs up.

I lightly throw my phone on my bed and sit down. I let out a big sigh

"Let's find a job Marcus come on you can do this," I said.

I pack my laptop, put on a coat, and head out to a cafe near my house. I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed up my hair.

'Well... I wouldn't say that I'm handsome, but I'm not half bad. Maybe I should become something like an idol or an actor,' I said to myself.

I open my door and wait for the elevator.

'No, it's too late for those things. I need to find a job fast,' I said in my head.

While I was walking, I noticed a girl with her friends, just chatting and having fun walking in front of me. There was a man in a suit who looked a little smaller than I was (humble brag) behind them. I assumed he was a bodyguard because he was wearing sunglasses and had a walkie-talkie on his belt. The more surprising thing was that they were going to the same cafe I was. I sat in one of the singular tables as the girl sat in a large table across from me.

An hour or so passed by, and I filled in a couple of job applications and had just sent them. I look across to see that the girl was still there, but I was the guy that looked like a bodyguard come in, and it looked like they were talking. At first, I thought it was just talking, but I realized that they were arguing. I assumed that the girl wanted to stay and talk with her friends, and the man wanted them to go somewhere else. I wish I could do something about it, but there simply was no reason for me too. Well, until the bodyguard/manager looking guy forcefully grabbed the girl by her wrist and tried to drag her out. That was my signal to do something.

"Hey!" I shout at the man.

"What do you want you, runt," he said.

"Well, I don't know who neither of you is, and I know your relationship, but this is getting out of hand," I said.

"This isn't your problem, so mind your own business, you little runt," he said again.

The guy takes the girl forcefully, but I stopped him by getting a hold of the girl's wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" I said.

"Getting out of here, you runt," he said.

At this point, I'm a little pissed at what's happening and this guy calling me a runt.

"Okay, first of all, what your doing is not what this girl clearly wants, and second of all, I'm freaking taller than you" I make the distance between us as our noses almost touched.

"Or how you would say it... you little runt," I said.

The guy was going to counterattack with something, but I guess with what I said, and my intimidating looking face right now was getting to him. The guy stepped a few steps back, but as soon as he turned around, bumped into another man. The guy turns his head and looks to see who it was. I felt like I've seen him from somewhere, but I just couldn't figure out who.

"I think we need to talk," he said as he takes the bodyguard/manager looking guy out of the building.

The room went silent, but it was very long until people started to talk again as if none of this really happened. I realized that I was still holding the girl's wrist, and I quickly let go feeling 

embarrassed as I say sorry.

"It's okay, no worries," she said with a very cheerful smile.

She went back to her friends, but she tripped and almost fell face flat, but I was luckily there to catch her fall.

"Well, I hope one of those applications got through," I said, rubbing a towel on my head to dry hair.

I sit on my couch and look at the website for the jobs I applied to.

"Just one of those, and I'm set for life," I said.

I close my laptop and lie down to go to bed, but I kept on thinking about what had happened earlier today.

"I just hope she's okay," I said as I slowly doze off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 472 26
"We're a mistake, but sometimes perfect isn't always the best" Y/N, a friend of TWICE, a typical ONCE and an easy-going person is faced with the...
2K 45 10
" Out of a billion faces, why is yours my favorite? " Y/N, a depressed student who lives a normal life, suddenly becomes Dahyun's brother and Nayeon'...
8.3K 158 18
Random oneshots. Warning! Grammatical errors ahead. Will update according to my mood. Doesn't accept requests. Other idols will also appear in this b...
2.8K 233 19
L/n Y/n, one of the best professors in a university meets Im Nayeon a professor the same age as him. What Y/n doesn't realize is that they've met yea...