The Bad Boy Stole My Diary

By _neanea_

"I love how innocent you act, but I know you're not." **************************** My dad had given me a simp... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17 - part 1
17- part 2
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

52 [last chapter]

75.9K 3.4K 1.5K
By _neanea_

"It smells familiar." I sniffed a few times as I walked into my house.

I just got off from my job. A nice old lady that runs a pet shop needed some help around the place and I couldn't say no. Especially since it was summer and what else could I do?

It was about 4 pm in the afternoon and my mom was in the kitchen. Christopher was yelling at the TV and moving around wildly with his game controller in his hand, and for a second it felt normal in the house.

Even without Dad there, it still seemed as if he was sitting on the couch next to Chris, yelling at the TV with him, or in the kitchen with mom, flirting with her as she cooked.

"It smells familiar because Im making your favorite meal." My mom beamed.

"Mmm chicken Alfredo!" I clapped my hands like a child, causing my mom to laugh.

"You just brought back memories of when you were 7 or 8, and I told you I was making chicken alfredo and you would do exactly that; jump around and clap your hands."

"I am still a child at heart." I said.

"Are you freaking serious?! I killed that ship! I shot it and its back-oh my god ah!" Chris' voice echoed sharply throughout the house as he screamed at his video game.

"Lower your voice or im pulling the plug!" My mom threatened.

"Jeez mom, sounds like you're going to kill him." I giggled.

"If I wanted to kill him over something it would be because of that horrid bedroom of his, not the game." She turned back to stirring the pot.

"Are you and Dillon still talking?" She said out the blue.

My face warmed.

"Well I-"

"-because your children would look adorable!"

"Mom!" I scolded her.

"I guess we are a thing. We actually made it official yesterday." I smiled.

"I knew it was going to happen! See mothers always know. Chris, you owe me two dollars!"

My mouth dropped open.

"I can't believe you guys betted over it! Wow. I'm actually very shocked." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry hun. The meals almost done and once again I want to bring the Taylor's some pasta because they really liked it the last time." My mother sprinkled in some more ingredients

"I'll be happy to bring the pasta to them this time." I chucked at the memory of me hating the idea of delivering the pasta.

My phone pinged with a text and it was Dillon. I smiled before I even read what he wrote. In two simple words the text wrote "come over"

I texted him back "okay"and that I was bringing casserole too.

"I'll be late for dinner." I told my mom.

"To your favorite meal? Why?" My mom seemed shocked.

"Dillon wants me to stay for a bit. It won't be too long."

***

My mom wrapped up the dish of casserole and I started my small journey to their house.

What are the odds that this family moves across from me and end up being a very important part of my life?

I knock on the door.

No answer.

I knocked again and, again get no answer. Strangely enough, I bumped into the door a bit and it opened.

Now, I was starting to get worried. This isn't like the Taylors. They never leave their door open, even when they're home.

Where is Dillon? He told me to come over but he didn't even greet me downstairs.

I walked in a bit more and thats when someone basically tackled me- football style- in my side. It was so fast I couldn't even figure out who it was.

"Oof!" I cried out in shock- and pain. I fell to the ground hard.

"What the f-" I turned around sharply and was met face to with a heavy breathing Joanna.

"Remember me?" Joanna smirked. She pushed me down further to the ground.

"Bring back any memories?" She asked after she hit me.

"Where is the family?" I asked lifting myself up, only to have Joanna pushed me back again, and I landed on my ass.

"Aw thats all you care about right now? I want to reconnect with you Cait! We were such good friends in middle school." She smiled- it made my skin crawl.

I felt my anger rising. This girl is crazy! What did she do to this family?!

In a quick movement I swung my foot quickly and made her fall-hard. She fell to the ground with a loud thud.and I darted up the stairs.

"You bitch." I heard her say.

I guess I wasn't going to figure this out without a fight. And I wasn't a scrawny little eight grader anymore.

"Hello?!" I screamed as I barged into Dillon's room.

No one.

As I reached for Michelles door knob, Joannas hand was on my shoulder.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." She said in a threatening tone.

With all my might, I swung my fist and it clashes with Joanna's jaw. I honestly don't know where that strength came from but she whimpered and  slumped to the ground, her eyes closing on the way down.

I opened the door and my heart dropped in shock when I was the whole family, hands tied behind their back and tape on their mouth, looking extremely terrified.

By the looks of their faces, Joanna was behind me, and I was about to be on the ground.

I groaned in pain as her fist slammed into my back.

"You really thought you could win? Huh, Cait? I didn't invite you over here to save the day." She said in a annoyed tone.

Blood was dripping from her mouth and I saw Michelle bury her head into her mothers chest in fear.

"What is your goal here Joanna?!" I screamed at her. "You are terrifying them!"

"My goal?" She snickered coldly.

The her face twisted into a sickening smile.

"I want what you have." She said, and then her attention when towards Dillon.

"I want your happiness...I want that." She started to angry.

"I want Dillon."

I knew it. I had a feeling in me. I knew Joanna couldn't be trusted. I wanted to believe Dillon, but I knew Joanna was hiding something.

_________

Dillon POV

I was so close.

Almost there... she didn't tie these knots very well. My wrist easily slid out of them with a bit of tugging. I had to be careful not to make much movement, but I sighed in relief when I was free.

I had to think of a plan. I had to save my family, myself, Cait.

"And I will have him...Once you're out of the picture of course." She said it as if it was going to happen in the next second.

I wasn't letting go of Cait that easily.

"What do you mean 'out of the picture'?" Cait asked, her voice kind of shaky.

"When I ruin your relationship of course. I mean, I'm doing pretty good right?"

At that moment I slowly got up.

"How did you get loose?! Get back down!" Joanna reached into her pocket and got out the small black gun she took from my dads closest.

Cait immediately cried out in fear, but I knew how to outsmart Joanna.

"Jo, it's okay. You're right." I held up my hands in surrender. I slowly walked towards her.

"Listen to me, you're right. I should have noticed it from the beginning. I belong with you and only you." Saying those words to someone who is not Cait, kind of stung.

"Do you think I'm an idiot? I know you're just tricking me! Stay back!" She aimed the gun right at my chest.

"No, I swear. Joanna, what I said before, I was just being hard to get. I had to figure it out in this moment that I actually want you." I pleaded.

Hopefully those acting classes in 9th grade were actually worth it in this moment.

I saw her lower her gun a bit, but then her face hardened again.

"Back up." She said sternly.

"What do I have to do to prove it Joanna?" I asked.

She paused and scanned Cait's face.

Cait looked absolutely distraught and scared.

"Shoot her." Joanna ordered.

I heard my family react behind me. Even with tape over their mouths, their muffled cries were heard loud and clear.

"Shut up!" Joanna screamed at them.

"Shoot her. Prove it to me." She said.

Then I got another idea.

I held out my palm and the whole room was silent.

If my family didn't just understand that Joanna handed over the only weapon she had to control us, then they must have just disowned me entirely. 

And Cait, if Cait didn't understand it either, she was already dead. Just not physically. I just broke her heart.

I felt the weight of the gun my hand.

I slowly turned towards Cait, just to throw Joanna off when I get ready to pounce and I couldn't even look at Cait's face. I already knew I wasn't shooting anyone today, especially Cait, but just in this position I felt myself slowly melting away.

"Fucking do it!" She screamed.

In a quick movement I aimed the gun at Joanna.

Her facial expression could have made me laugh if we weren't all in the situation we were in.

"Don't move." I said, keeping my eye on her.

"You won't shoot me." She split her eyes at me.

"Make any movement towards me, my family, or Cait and I'll be the one to make that decision."

"Cait, call the police." I ordered.

I saw her go into her pocket and pull out her phone.

After she informed the police she untied my family and my father took over my place and I we went downstairs.

My mother held Joannas hands behind her back and was scowling her the whole way into the living room.

My mind wasn't fully in tact so I didn't hear most of the things she said. It was along the lines of "I thought we could trust you" and "this is the last time you'll see anyone of us".

I walked over to to Cait and intertwined my fingers into hers and I immediately felt okay again.

***
Cait POV

Once the madness went down, we all sat on their couch, shaken up by the insane, crazy Joanna Parks. My mother held me tightly in her arms.

"How did she even managed to tie all you guys up?" I asked.

"That girl is insane. She lied about her mother. She stole Greg's gun, and made us stay here, tied and bound." Mrs. Taylor said, clenching onto her husbands hand.

The cops came and got Joanna, they dragged her away as she screamed about how one day she'd be back. A restraining order was filled out happily to all of us.

"You must have been bringing pasta over. I see a dish of it on the ground by the door." Mr. Taylor said.

"Yes I actually was. And then Joanna tackled me."

After a few hours of us all talking and finally feeling like we could breathe freely, my mother and I started to walk back to my house.

"Cait!" I heard Dillon jogging after me, causing my mother and I to stop.

"Can I talk to her for a moment?" Dillon asked with a pleading face.

I could see my mother wanted to say no and lock me in my bedroom forever so nothing bad ever happens to me again, but she nodded her head and kissed my cheek before heading towards the lawn.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey beautiful." He replied.

"Today was...crazy."

"You can say that again. I should have listened to you about Joanna. I just didn't want you to worry about a girl living in our house who was interested in us." Dillon explained himself.

"It wouldn't have mattered if all you cared about was me." I wrapped my arms around him.

"Exactly...Cait... We've been through so much. The police have came over here twice and let's not forget about the time I had to beat that guy up for an idiot. knows what we have down the road."

I chuckled, "let's just wait and see."

We hugged in between our lawns and I felt so warm and happy.

"Cait..."

"Huh?" I lifted my head up and my eyes met his beautiful dark ones.

At first they were scary and mysterious to me, but now I know every part of them and fear isnt what I see when I gaze into them.

"I think this is love." He said.

My body froze. Of course its love.. Ive never felt closer to anyone than I do Dillon.

"You're so right Dillon."

I kissed him softly.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said and smiled.

"And the next time any person just randomly comes into my life, I'm going to make sure they're not psycho first." Dillon chuckled.

"You and me both."

________________

Well thats the end of The Bad Boy Stole My Diary! This is a very long story and if you've been here since the beginning (when my writing was absolute crap) then you're fucking awesome! Ive had SO MUCH FUN writing this book, I cant even describe how happy you guys make me because you're supporting my book and all your comments, positive or negative- you're all great. Thank you for being on this journey with me. I love you all and I am not through with Wattpad. See you soon :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
245K 5.5K 55
I woke up with the biggest hangover ever. I felt something heavy over my chest, so I looked down. Sure enough, it was him. Trey Parker. School bad bo...
762 43 18
[First Book to the "The Hot Douche" Trilogy.] **UNDER HUGE REVISIONS** "He couldn't resist, as he put his firm hand on my upper thigh, while still c...
12.9K 334 21
Should I go to Travis? "I can't go to him no matter what? He can't find out my weakness or he'll use it to tease me" I said. Suddenly, a clap of thun...