Hidden Beneath the Scars [Com...

By simplysherry

This is your typical girl meets boy story, that's not too typical. Isabelle Wilson moves to a completely new... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 Part I
Chapter 43 part II
Chapter 44 Part I
Chapter 44 Part II
Chapter 44 Part III
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 Part I
Chapter 48 Part II
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 Part I
Chapter 50 Part II
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Ashton POV
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2

Chapter 64

29 2 0
By simplysherry

School was almost over. 15 more days till graduation. All the seniors were excited about the graduation.

"I'm mad at Steven." Nora jumped next to me.

I was sitting on the bleachers waiting for the 2nd half start. It was the last match of the season. Well technically, the last match has already ended. This was just a friendly match between the two most competitive teams in the state, just as a going away present to them. Both teams looked like they were upset about it being the last game. Hell they weren't even in the mood to taunt each other. They were being awfully nice.

Ashton blew a kiss my way before kicking the first ball.
Me and him had been doing so good since we had dinner with my dad. Dad loved him so much.

When I told him that, he answered with, "I didn't know I was capable of getting fathers to love me."

Dad was impressed with his perfectly made plans for his future. He likes a guy with a plan.
But for poor Nora, dad didn't dislike her. But didn't quite like her too much. Although he was surprised Steven lasted that long with he, he was still not convinced that it was going to last.

"Are you listening to me?" Nora snapped me out of my though bubble.

"What?" I asked. "I mean, why are you mad at my brother?"

"Look what he gave me?" He took out a card from her pocket and showed it to me. It was Steven's extra.

"That's real." I told her.

"I know its real, izzie." She said.

"Then what's wrong?" I asked. She stared at me before groaning.

"You rich people are idiots. Why the hell would he think i need this?" She asked.

"He doesn't think you need that. He just wants you to have it so that you can have fun and stuff." I said.

"Why would he want that?" She asked.

"Because he loves you." I said.

"Why can't he just buy me stuff when i want them instead of just giving me this?"

"He won't be around all the time."

"Yeah. He will. You keep forgetting that he's getting his business degree at Havard." Nora had finally talked to her parents about Havard and they were so pissed at her for waiting that long.

"Speaking of love. You still haven't said it back to him?" Nora asked.

"How'd you hear?"

"Heard him telling Nate. I also, finally, know that it was him who beat Jeremy up. So whats holding you back? I think you love him." She said.

"I do. Just, I'm not sure if its enough." I told her.

"If what's enough?"

"If I love him enough."

"Why would you think that?" She asked confused. I didn't bother to say anything for the rest of the game.

"Hey." I ran to Ashton once the game ended. Nora left after punching Nate's shoulder saying her congratulations on winning the game.

"Hey babe." He said kissing me, and lifted me up. I laughed and kissed him back.

"Um the teams going out for drinks afterwards. Everyone's supposed to go. See you later? Like a lot late?" He asked apologetically.

"Yeah. Ofcourse." I said grinning.

"Hey Westbrook." We turned around and saw the captian of the opposing team walking upto us.

"I don't want no trouble." He said in peace, seeing the defensive look on Ashton's face. "I just came here to say that it's a shame that this is the end. We had a good run."

"We did." Ashton smiled and extended his hand out. They then did the bro handshake/hug thing.

"This your girlfriend?" He asked.

"Don't push it Miller." Ashton said defensively.

Once he left, Ashton faced me again.

"Tell you what? Tommorow morning, let's go practice on your driving skills some more?"

Over the few months, Ashton made me start driving again. True that i was a little rusty when i started. But with his help, i was an excellent driver now.

I went home, planning to keep a surprise waiting for Ashton when he came back.
But i was the one who got the surprise.
I went upstairs to prepare for the time he'd arrive.
When i opened the door, i found Kyle sitting on my bed.

"Kyle."

"Sorry. I didn't know where else to go." He said.

The last time he said that, he was beat up and bleeding from everywhere. I took a good look at him, there was absolutely no wounds. No fresh marks. In fact, he'd never looked better.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I came home to celebrate my birthday with Syl as usual. But mom won't let me see her." Kyle had never told me when his birthday was.

"It's your birthday?" I asked.

"Yeah. Were you busy?" He asked.

"No. No, I'll clear my schedule." I said grinning.

"Thank God." He said. "Spend the rest of he night with me then? Not like that, geez Wilson." He said laughing.

"Well how the hell would i know. Last time you were in this room like this, that was what we did." I said and immediately regretted it.

His eyes went dark with desire, just for a second and was back to normal.

"I know just what you need." I said running into my closet and changed into new clothes.

It kind of felt like he never left.

"You shouldn't undress, with me in the room." He said when I came out.
I stuck my tounge out at him and winked.

"Give me your keys." I held my palms out.

"Why?" He asked.

"You're the birthday boy. You do what I ask you to do." I said.

"I think that's really the other way around."

"Its however way I say. This is your night. And i will decide everything that happens until it's midnight." I said quirking my eyebrows. He stared down at me for a while before letting out a puff of air, and smirked.
"I'm driving."

"When did you start driving?" Kyle asked, looking closely at me.

Trying to get a read on me. And he really was the only person who can. We were at the mall, getting Kyle a birthday makeover. We had already gotten his hair cut and styled.

"Hold this." I pushed the 4th shirt on him. "A few weeks now. Ashton kept nagging about how no grown woman should be chaperoned around."

"Oh. So you and Westbrook." He said.

"What about me and Westbrook?" I asked teasingly.

Somehow I didn't want him to know about me and Ashton just yet. That reminded me of Ashton.

"Crap. I gotta make a call. Go try these jeans." I said pushing him into the dressing room.

"Hey Princess." Ashton picked up his phone on the 3rd ring.

"Hi." I said. "When will you come to my place?"

"Uhh..." Ashton said.

"Dude, no girlfriends tonight!" I heard one of the boys yell at him.

"I'm not sure yet. Around 2 maybe. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Um...maybe. you don't have to come tonight. Have fun with the team okay?" I said.

"Oo-kayy." He said.

"Miss you." I said into the reciever.

"Aw. I miss you too." He replied.

"Tommorow night, expect a very special gift from me. In the bedroom." I whispered into the phone.

"Hey. Isn't this too...you know?" Kyle opened the door and spoke.

"Who was that?" Ashton asked.

"No one. I gotta go. See you." I hung up the phone before he could figure out it was Kyle.

Speaking of kyle, he was in the dressing room in nothing but jeans and it was a good look. Man oh man, was it a good look.

"Try the shirts now." I told him. After making him wear all the shirts at least twice, we settled on a plain white one, that went well with his white shoes.

"Best for last." I said taking a jacket that I've had my eyes on since the moment we walked in there.

"I don't feel very good in these jeans." Kyle said getting out of the car and into the Baskin Robbins.

"You look so hot in that outfit, i needed the ice-cream to chill me." We sat at a small table in there.

"Wow nice." He said throwing his head back and laughing at me.

"Shut up. Okay. Birthday hat or medal?" I asked.

"Uh...hat?" He asked.

"Medal it is. Your hair is too pretty to ruin." I said taking out a huge confetti medal that had 'happpy birthday' written on it.

"Why did you even ask?" He asked as I put in around his neck.

"Formality sweetheart, formality. Duhh."

"Oh silly me." He grinned.

"One last thing before we leave to the next destination." I said after we got in the car.

We had 45 minutes more to go till midnight.
I pucked up the shopping bag on my seat and took out the little paper box.

"When did you do all this?"

"When you were choosing ice-cream for the both of us." I said without a minutes hesitance.

"This isn't what i define making a call as." He said. I got out after making the 'call to make' excuse on him.

"Whatever. Lighter?" I asked. He handed me his lighter.

"Close your eyes." I said. Then I took out the cupcake from the box, put on a candle and lit it.

"Make a wish." I said.

He opened his eyes and smiled. With teeth. That reached upto his eye. He blew the candle and took a bite of the cupcake and made me take one.
Then I handed him the little gift that i bought for him.

"Happy birthday, Kyle." I said. "I would have gotten something better. But, somebody gave me a short notice. About minus 21 hours or something."

"This is perfect, Wilson." He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

Then he put on the necklace. It was urgent, and I got him the first one that I found acceptable enough.

"Now can I take the medal off?"

"Nope. We have the last stop." I said driving.

I let Kyle park the car as I tried to get into the club before midnight. I had no success at all.

"It's my friends birthday. Please help me out here." I told the bouncer.

"I'm sorry maam, unless you are on the list, you have to get in line." He said politely.

Then he looked behind me and opened it. I looked behind me to find Kyle smirking at me.

"I used to practically live here every night till sunrise. They know me really well." He explained before tipping the bouncer.
They exchanged a couple words and we hurried back into the club.

"13 more minutes Kyle." I said checking my phone.

"Give me that." He snatched my phone and put it in my purse.

"Josh my man!" He greeted the bartender. Apparently they knew each other too. He handed my purse to him for safe keeping and ordered shots.

"First one to finish wins?" He asked once Josh placed 5 shots for each of us, along with a plate of lime.

"Oh Kyle. I always win." I said.

"You never played me, baby." He said just as dramatically. "Josh buddy, can you time us?"

"What does the winner get?" I was practically yelling over the music.

"Whatever the other person says." He shouted into my ear. I nodded my head.

"Okay. Start!" Josh said staring at a stopwatch.

"Done!" Kyle and I yelled at the same time.

"Sorry kid. Kell won by half a second." Josh said.

I noticed that he called him kell, just like Damian and people from Xavier's gang called him.

"Ohh i love this song." I forgot what I wanted to ask when a remix of lady gaga's Telephone came on.

"Come dance." I said sitting up on the counter.

Josh left another guy to bartend and drove us home instead. We were not sober enough to drive, even after Josh's many efforts.

"Good night, Wilson." Kyle said before letting me go.

"Good night." I watched them walk to a car kept a little further away.

_____________

"Where the fuck have you been?" It was the first thing i heard when i entered my room.
People's got to stop just getting into my room without permission.

"Princess its 2:30 already." He said.

"Sorry. I went clubbing with a friend." I said sitting on his lap. "You can't say no to someone on their birthday."

Ashton didn't look at me for a while. I placed both hands on either of his cheeks and leaned closer. He still didnt look at me. But he had his hands on my waist to stop me from falling off. I turned my face towards his and touched the tip of my tounge with to his lips. Ashton turned the other way. So i did the next best thing. I kissed his neck.

"Stop it." Ashton pulled me away from him. And stood up.

"Why? Whats wrong?" I asked.

"You went clubbing with a friend. And you just got home. You couldn't tell me that when I called you?" He asked.

"Sorry. I didn't want to worry you." I said.

"Oh, so you did know that I would be worried."

"Ashton!" I said touching his biceps.

"Who?"

"What?" I asked.

"Who'd you go with." He asked again.

"It was just a friend. I'm here with you aren't I? I'm with you." That cooled him for a little while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 131K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
61.4K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
17K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...