Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lov...

By darrelswonderland

A 17 year old Jedi Padawan named Darrel Pullie, trains to be a Jedi Master. Then he meets an old childhood fr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Master
Chapter 2: Battle of Sullust
Chapter 3: Heroes On Both Sides
Chapter 4: A Spark of Love
Chapter 5: Overlords
Chapter 6: The Altar of Mortis
Chapter 7: Ghosts of Mortis
Chapter 8: The Citadel
Chapter 9: Counterattack
Chapter 10: Citadel Rescue
Chapter 11: Padawans Lost
Chapter 12: The Wookie Hunt
Author's Note
Chapter 13: Date at Dex's Diner
Chapter 14: Water War
Chapter 15: Gungan Attack
Chapter 16: Prisoners
Chapter 17: A Death in the Family
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Slaves of the Republic
Chapter 20: Escape from Kadavo
Chapter 22: The Lust
Author's Note
Chapter 23: A War on Two Fronts
Chapter 24: Front Runners
Chapter 25: The Soft War
Chapter 26: Tipping Points
Chapter 27: The Gathering
Chapter 28: The Test of Strength
Chapter 29: Bound for Rescue
Chapter 30: A Necessary Bond
Chapter 31: Sabotage
Chapter 32: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 33: To Catch a Jedi
Chapter 34: The Wrong Jedi
Chapter 35: Knight of the Republic
Chapter 36: Visiting Barriss
Chapter 37: Orders
Chaper 38: Old Friends Not Forgotten
Chapter 39: The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 40: Shattered
Chapter 41: Victory and Death
Epilogue

Chapter 21: A Friend in Need

1.1K 17 8
By darrelswonderland

Divided by war! In an effort to end the galactic conflict, the first ever sanctioned meeting between the Republic and the Separatists will be held and Mandalore is chosen as neutral ground for these precarious meetings. Tensions run high as many hold hope for these important negotiations....

The first meeting between the delegates from both sides is held in the throne room of Duchess Satine Kryze, where Padmé Amidala, accompanied by Ahsoka, Darrel, Senators Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, and R2-D2 is hard-pressed in negotiating mutually acceptable terms as the Separatists, the Separatist Senators, Voe Atell, and Bec Lawise, argue for the legitimation of the Separatists' government before peace can be found.

"The Republic recognizes the tragedy of war. But there is nothing we can change that has already occurred." Padmé said.

"Say it aloud before this gathering, as representative for Chancellor Palpatine, that you declare without reservation the Separatist State legitimate." Voe said.

"I have something to say about the legitimacy of the Separatists." Lux said as he entered the meeting room.

Lux came forward towards the senators, the senators were mumbling about Lux's presence.

"Why is Lux Bonteri here?" Voe asked.

"What could he possibly have to say?" Bec asked.

"He was not invited." Voe said.

Ahsoka and Darrel were also surprised that Lux Bonteri was at the meeting.

"You didn't mention that Lux Bonteri would be here." Ahsoka said to Padmé.

"I didn't know." Padmé replied.

Lux bowed in respect before Satine, then went to the podium, facing the senators.

"I stand before you, son of Mina Bonteri, loyal Separatist, a patriot, a friend." Lux said.

Lux looked over at Ahsoka and smiled at her, she smiled back at him. Then Lux turned his attention back to the senators.

"It has come to my attention that my mother was murdered by Count Dooku in cold blood!" Lux yelled.

Then Bec stood up in anger and glared at Lux.

"That is a lie! Remove that traitor immediately!" Bec said as he pointed at Lux.

Two Commando Droids came towards Lux and grabbed his arms, Lux attenpted to free himself from the droid's grip, but to no avail.

"I will not be silenced!" Lux said.

"Stop this!" Satine yelled.

"Duchess, we would ask you to respect that we deal with this matter ourselves." Voe said.

The Commando Droids started escorting Lux out of the meeting room.

"No! Dooku is deceiving you. You will all be betrayed just like my mother." Lux cried.

Once the Commando Droids left the meeting room with Lux, the negotiations resumed.

"I apologize for such a rude interruption. Please let us continue." Bec said.

Ahsoka came towards Padmé's ear.

"We can't just let them take him. He'll be killed." Ahsoka whispered.

"Do what you can, Ahsoka, but be discreet." Padmé replied.

"I'm going with you, Ahsoka." Darrel said.

Lux was taken to a Separatist vessel which brought the Separatist delegation to Mandalore. The Commandos brought Lux to the meeting room inside of the vessel, there was a holographic projection of Count Dooku, waiting for Lux.

"Those are some rather strong accusations you have levied against me." Dooku said.

"You know what you did, Dooku." Lux growled.

"I've done a lot of things, young man. And choose to remember them in order of importance. The death of your mother seems to have escaped me." Dooku replied.

Lux put his hands behind his back and activated his holo-tracer, to trace Dooku's hologram origin.

"I will have my revenge." Lux said.

Dooku's hologram image turned around to face the Commandos.

"I think it is time we reacquaint the young senator with his mother." Dooku replied.

Lux gasped at Dooku's cold words, the Count was going to have him killed.

"Execute hin!" Dooku ordered.

Dooku's hologram image faded, then the Commandos were about to assassinate Lux. At the last minute, Lux is saved by Ahsoka and Darrel, the Padawans were deprived of their lightsabers for the duration of the negotiations. Darrel used the force to crush the two Commando Droids, and looked at Lux.

"Good to see you again, Lux." Darrel said.

"Likewise." Lux replied.

"Lux, I think it's time to go, don't you?" Ahsoka asked.

Lux nodded and left the Separatist vessel with the Padawans, but they were pursued by Commando Droid. When the Padawans and Lux arrived at a Republic transport, and there was muitple Senate Commandos guarding the ship. The Padawans alerted the Senate Commandos that there were sereval Commando Droids following them, the Senate Commandos provided cover fire as the Padawans and Lux boarded the ship and left Mandalore. The Padawans and Lux sat down in the cockpit, then a hologram image of Anakin appeared.

"Ahsoka, Darrel, Padmé just contacted me. She told me the peace negotiations have all but collapsed." Anakin said.

"So much for a peaceful solution to the war." Darrel replied.

"Where are you?" Anakin asked.

"We're en route to Coruscant, Master. We have Lux Bonteri with us." Ahsoka replied.

"Master Jedi, I'm sorry if I've caused you any trouble." Lux said.

"It's nothing. You will be safe now with the Republic." Anakin replied.

"Indeed, it'll be ok, Lux." Darrel said.

"Alright. Bring Bonteri to Coruscant immediately. We'll discuss giving him amnesty." Anakin said.

"Yes, Master." The Padawans replied.

Anakin's hologram image faded away, then the Padawans turn to face Lux. Lux drawed a blaster on the Padawans, while he has renounced the Separatist cause, he would not join the Republic either.

"I can't go with you two." Lux said.

"What?" Ahsoka asked.

"I told you, I have a plan." Lux replied.

"Lux, calm down. Just put the gun down." Darrel said.

Ahsoka quickly took the gun from Lux's hand, and pointed it at him.

"Shooting us is not going to be a part of your plan." Ahsoka said.

Lux sighed and regret pointing his weapons at the Padawans.

"What are you doing with a gun anyhow?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yeah, you're not a fighter." Darrel said.

"I'm no longer a Separatist, either. I won't join the Republic." Lux replied.

"What other options do you have?" Ahsoka asked.

"There is a different way." Lux replied.

"We understand everything that you've been through. We understand you feel alone. But the Republic will help you." Ahsoka said.

"Like they helped my mother?!" Lux yelled.

"Settle down, Lux. Please. There's no need to raise your voice at her." Darrel said.

"I'm sorry, but I've already made contact with a group on Carlac who are noble and are allied with my cause." Lux said.

"And what cause is that?" Ahsoka asked.

"To kill Dooku." Lux replied in a stern tone.

Darrel and Ahsoka both had shocked looks on their faces, and looked at Lux.

"The only one you're going to get killed is yourself." Ahsoka said.

Lux rolled his eyes and looked away from the Padawans.

"I'm sorry, but we're taking you to Coruscant." Ahsoka said.

"Yeah, let's get going." Darrel replied.

"Your plan hasn't exactly been well thought out, Lux." Ahsoka said. "Without us, how did you think you were going to escape those droids?" Ahsoka asked.

"Like this." Lux replied as he pulled out a taser and quickly zapped the Padawans unconscious. Then Lux took control of the ship and plotted a crouse to Carlac.

Ahsoka and Darrel awakened inside the ship on the wintery surface of Carlac, bereft of their lightsabers. Seeing Lux lingering outside, the Padawans put on snow outfits joined him outside, only to be surrounded by Mandalorian Soliders from the group known as Death Watch. The leader of the welcoming committee, Bo-Katan Kryze, approaches Lux.

"You're late, kid." Bo-Katan said.

"I know. My apologies." Lux replied.

"Did you get us what we need?" Bo-Katan asked.

"Yes, I have the information with me." Lux replied.

Then Bo-Katan turned her attention to the Padawans.

"Who are they?" Bo-Katan asked.

Ahsoka looked over at Darrel and tried to think of a good excuse. Then Darrel had a good excuse.

"This beautiful girl is my betrothed." Darrel replied as he gestured to Ahsoka.

Ahsoka blushed and smiled as she winked at Darrel, then she blew a kiss to Darrel, making him blush.

"And how do you know Lux?" Bo-Katan asked.

"I'm a dear friend of Lux and I'm a former Separatist, when I heard that Lux's mother had been killed by Dooku, me and Lux renounced the Separatists." Darrel replied.

Then R2 came out of the ship with the Padawans' weapons, Ahsoka gave R2 a signal which told him to hide the lightsabers in his compartments.

"We leave now, the snow is coming." Bo-Katan said.

Bo-Katan and the other Mandalorain Soliders walked towards a few land speeders. Lux followed them, but the Padawans stopped him.

"What have you gotten us into, Lux?" Ahsoka whispered.

"It's all under control." Lux replied.

"Define 'under control'." Darrel whispered.

"Lux, these are the Death Watch. They're Mandalorian terrorists. They'll kill all three of us." Ahsoka whispered.

Then a Mandalorian Solider approached Lux and the Padawans.

"Are you coming?" The Mandalorian asked.

Lux nodded and sat in a land speeder.

"Me and my betrothed should stay with the ship." Ahsoka said.

Ahsoka turned around and start to walk towards, Darrel followed her. But a Mandalorian Solider came in front of the Padawans.

"No, you're coming too." The Mandalorian replied.

Then two Mandalorian Soliders picked up R2 and put him on the top of the land speeder. The Padawans had no choice but to accompany the Death Star, Ahsoka got on a seperate speeder with another Mandalorian Solider driving it, and Darrel also got on a separate speeder. As for the rest of the Mandalorians, they ignited their jetpacks and flew the Death Watch base, the speeders followed. They soon arrived at the Death Watch base, the Padawans saw a few Mandalorian Soliders shooting at unarmed Battle Droids. Then all the speeders stopped in front of a tent, the Padawans and Lux got off the speeders as Bo-Katan walked over towards the tent.

"The boss will see you inside." Bo-Katan said.

Lux and the Padawans nodded, then they entered the tent and waited.

"Don't ruin my plan." Lux said.

"Plan? What plan?" Ahsoka asked.

"This is a Holo-Trace device." Lux said as he pointed to the device on his arm. "It can identify the origin of any holo transmission. I knew if I accused Dooku of murder, I would be brought to face him. Well, it worked. And I now know Dooku's exact location. If Death Watch moves quick enough we can destroy him." Lux added.

Ahsoka sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Is that enough of a plan for you?" Lux asked.

"But Lux, killing Dooku won't bring your mother back." Darrel replied.

"Darrel's right. And this is not some idealistic political group! They will take the information and kill you." Ahsoka said.

Lux sighed and looked away from the Padawans.

"I knew you wouldn't understand." Lux replied.

"The Death Watch are murderers! Sworn to destroy Jedi. You don't know what you're doing." Ahsoka said.

Before Ahsoka could say anything else, Darrel pulled her towards him for kiss. Ahsoka deepened the kiss and smiled. Then three Mandalorian Soliders came one the tent. One of the three soliders was the leader of the Death Watch, his name was Pre Vizsla.

"Am I interrupting something?" Vizsla asked.

Then the Padawans broke off their kiss and looked at Vizsla and the two other soldiers.

"No, sir." Darrel replied.

Vizsla removed his helmet and looked at Lux with his own eyes.

"It's time to talk business, Lux. Tell your friends to leave us." Vizsla said.

Lux nodded as Bo-Katan came inside the tent and escorted the Padawans out the tent. Meanwhile, R2 has been recruited by the Death Watch to repair their batch of Battle Droids, whom they use for both target practice and cruel sport, while Ahsoka and Darrel entered another tent,
Bo-Katan pushed the Padawans inside the tent and laughed, then Bo-Katan left the room. Inside of the tent were a number of young female natives who were kept by the Death Watch as slaves. One of the natives helped the Padawans off from the floor.

"Are you both ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're fine." Darrel replied.

"Those soldiers are far from rational." She said.

"Believe me, you have no idea." Ahsoka replied.

"Indeed, they're quite irrational." Darrel said.

Then the Padawans sat with the natives.

"What's your name?" Ahsoka asked.

"Tryla." She replied.

"I'm Ahsoka." Ahsoka said.

"And my name's Darrel." Darrel said.

"Where are you from, Tryla?" Ahsoka asked.

"We were kidnapped from a nearby town, we are a simple people. We trust easily, and we were betrayed." Tryla said.

A Mandalorian Solider came into the tent and glared at the natives and the Padawans.

"We feast! Prepare the food, your masters are hungry." The Solider said.

Then Mandalorian Solider left the tent, leaving the natives and the Padawans there. Later, in another tent, the Death Watch Soliders were celebrating about their victory of locating Count Dooku. The natives and the Padawans were serving soup to the Death Watch Soliders, the Padawans went over to Vizsla and Lux to give them soup.

"Hungry?" Ahsoka asked as Lux took the bowl of soup.

Lux smiled and took the bowl.

"Careful not to choke on your stupidity." Ahsoka said as she smiled and walked away.

Darrel gave Vizsla a bowl of soup and walked away with Ahsoka.

"I see your woman has fit in well. Now, how will you fit in?" Vizsla said.

"All I want is Dooku dead." Lux replied.

"Vizsla!" A man yelled.

Three men entered the tent and glared at Vizsla. Vizsla stood up and smirked at the man.

"Chieftain Pieter, I don't remember summoning you." Vizsla said.

"You have taken our women, stolen our food and threatened us for too long." Pieter said.

"Brave for you to come here with such bold words." Vizsla replied.

"You are no longer welcome here!" Pieter yelled.

"Well, if our presence here isn't welcome, we'll make ready to leave." Vizsla said.

The other Mandalorian Soliders were laughing at Pieter, but Pieter ignored them.

"And you'll return our people to us?" Pieter asked.

"Yes, sunrise tomorrow. You have my word." Vizsla replied.

"Very well. We'll be waiting." Pieter said.

Pieter and the two other natives left the tent, Vizsla and the other Death Watch Soliders laughed. Lux came over to Ahsoka and leaned in towards them.

"You see? They're not the butchers you make them out to be." Lux whispered.

The next morning, the Death Watch, the Padawans, and Lux came to the village with the women. Pieter and all the villagers came outside to see them arrive, Vizsla came down to the ground from the air to greet Pieter. The other Death Watch Soliders landed on the rooftops of the village.

"You have kept your word, Vizsla. We are very grateful for your understanding." Pieter said.

Vizsla grabs Tryla's arm and walks her to Pieter.

"I am a man of my word. Here is your granddaughter!" Vizsla said as he pushed Tryla to Pieter.

"As promised." Vizsla added as he ignited his Darksaber and stabbed Tryla.

Tryla yelled in pain as the Darksaber went right through her, then Vizsla pulled his blade from her body. The Padawans ran towards Tryla as she fell on the ground, Pieter glared at Vizsla with anger in his eyes.

"Kill them. Kill them all!" Vizsla growled.

Then the Death Watch Soliders ignited their flamethrowers and started burning the houses. The villagers looked in terror that their homes were being burnt to the ground.

No! Our village!

Run for your lives!

The villagers started fleeing the area, along with Pieter. The Padawans held Tryla close as she tried to say her last words.

"Save them, guys. Save them. Save my people." Tryla said weakly.

Then Tryla died. Lux looked in fear of what was happening.

"Vizsla, What are you doing?" Lux asked.

Vizsla smiled under his helmet and put his arm around Lux.

"Never let the weak tell you what to do. Welcome to Death Watch." Vizsla replied.

Ahsoka and Darrel couldn't just let this cruelty happen, they decided to act. Ahsoka used the force to call a small pole to her, and she threw it at a Mandalorian Solider. The Solider yelped in pain and fell to the ground. Then Vizsla charged at the Padawans with his Darksaber, but the Padawans were able to evade his attacks.

Just then, a cable was wrapped around Ahsoka's hand, Ahsoka looked and the cable came from a Death Watch Solider, and a few others locked cables onto Ahsoka and Darrel to keep them restrained. Vizsla came up towards the Padawans, and knew straight away that they were Jedi.

"I think we've caught ourselves a pair of Jedi." Vizsla said.

Lux walked towards the Padawans but a Death Watch Solider stopped him from approaching the captured Jedi Padawans.

"Drag them back to camp." Vizsla said.

Later at the Death watch camp Darrel and Ahsoka were held down in the middle of the floor on both knees with the cables still attached to him, while Lux watched as R2 entered the tent but stayed hidden.

"Now, Lux Bonteri. This does not look good. This does not look good at all. I asked you to join us in good faith and you bring two Jedi into our camp." Vizsla said.

"They wasn't meant to be here. Please let them go." Lux said.

Vizsla sighed as he pulled out his Darksaber, and glared at the Padawans.

"I'm afraid that's not an option." Vizsla replied.

"I believed you had honor, but you're just murderers. No better than Dooku." Lux said.

"You call us murderers?" Vizsla asked. "And yet it was your own lust for revenge that made you seek us out." Vizsla said.

"I wanted justice for my mother's death." Lux replied.

"And you shall have it. But the Jedi are no different from Dooku, and this two shall pay in part for their crimes against Mandalore." Vizsla said.

Vizsla ignited his Darksaber and raised it up. Darrel and Ahsoka looked down and closed their eyes.

"So you see it's not murder at all. It's like you said, it's justice!" Vizsla said.

Before Vizsla could kill the Padawans, R2 drew up a diversion, freed Ahsoka and Darrel. R2 returned their lightsabers, allowing them to take up a proper fight against Vizsla. The Padawans ignited their lightsabers and broke free and the cables, and decapitated the Mandalorian Soliders that restrained the Padawans.
Bo-Katan drew her blaster and pointed it at the Padawans.

"No, the Jedi are mine." Vizsla said.

"Lux, Darrel, get to the ship." Ahsoka said.

"I'm not leaving you." Darrel protested.

"I'll be right behind you." Ahsoka replied.

Darrel and Lux nodded left the tent with R2. Outside, there were sereval droids waiting for the Mandalorian Soliders to come outside, they were all armed. Then Ahsoka literally kicked out of the tent, Darrel helped her up, Ahsoka looked at the droids, wondering what they were doing.

"I guess Artoo made some friends." Lux said.

While the droids kept the renegade Mandalorians busy while Ahsoka, Darrel, and Lux escaped on a speeder. Even though put under tenacious pursuit and attack by Bo-Katan and two of her men, Ahsoka, Darrel, and Lux managed to get back to the ship, took off and escaped the planet. Ahsoka, Darrel, and R2 went inside the cockpit.

"No one followed us. God job, Artoo." Ahsoka said.

R2 reported to Ahsoka that the escape pod was activated.

"What do you mean the escape pod has been activated?" Ahsoka asked.

R2 reported to Ahsoka that Lux is attenpting to leave.

"Lux! Artoo, the ship is yours." Ahsoka said.

Darrel and Ahsoka went down to the escape pod and knocked on the window.

"Lux, what are you doing?" Ahsoka asked.

"I can't go with you guys. You know that." Lux said.

"But we can all try to change things together." Ahsoka replied.

"We make a pretty good team, don't we?" Lux asked.

"Indeed, Lux." Darrel replied.

"Don't worry. We'll meet again. I promise." Lux said.

"Be careful, Lux." The Padawans said.

Lux nodded and his escaped pod detached from the ship, the Padawans watched him leave, then they both went back to the cockpit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...
55.4K 866 27
A young jedi embarks on a great adventure throughout the galaxy what will this adventure entail? find out here
324 14 3
In one universe, after the Temple bombing and the chaos that ensued, Ahsoka Tano chooses to stay in the Jedi Order, with the prompting of a strange v...
56.6K 1.3K 21
An Ahoska x Reader fanfic, You are Y/N, a FEMALE character. Takes place at the Jedi temple, before Ashoka was expelled. You are Master Plo's Palawa...