Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lov...

By darrelswonderland

A 17 year old Jedi Padawan named Darrel Pullie, trains to be a Jedi Master. Then he meets an old childhood fr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Master
Chapter 2: Battle of Sullust
Chapter 3: Heroes On Both Sides
Chapter 4: A Spark of Love
Chapter 5: Overlords
Chapter 6: The Altar of Mortis
Chapter 7: Ghosts of Mortis
Chapter 8: The Citadel
Chapter 9: Counterattack
Chapter 10: Citadel Rescue
Chapter 11: Padawans Lost
Chapter 12: The Wookie Hunt
Author's Note
Chapter 13: Date at Dex's Diner
Chapter 14: Water War
Chapter 15: Gungan Attack
Chapter 17: A Death in the Family
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Slaves of the Republic
Chapter 20: Escape from Kadavo
Chapter 21: A Friend in Need
Chapter 22: The Lust
Author's Note
Chapter 23: A War on Two Fronts
Chapter 24: Front Runners
Chapter 25: The Soft War
Chapter 26: Tipping Points
Chapter 27: The Gathering
Chapter 28: The Test of Strength
Chapter 29: Bound for Rescue
Chapter 30: A Necessary Bond
Chapter 31: Sabotage
Chapter 32: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 33: To Catch a Jedi
Chapter 34: The Wrong Jedi
Chapter 35: Knight of the Republic
Chapter 36: Visiting Barriss
Chapter 37: Orders
Chaper 38: Old Friends Not Forgotten
Chapter 39: The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 40: Shattered
Chapter 41: Victory and Death
Epilogue

Chapter 16: Prisoners

792 12 0
By darrelswonderland

A last gasp of hope! After the assassination of his father and the fall of his kingdom beneath a planetary civil war, Mon Cala Prince Lee-Char has gone into hiding with Padawan Ahsoka Tano, and Darrel Pullie as his only protectors. With his armies captured and friends imprisoned, the situation seems hopeless for the prince. Count Dooku commands his sinister agent Riff Tamson to use any means necessary to bring Prince Lee-Char out of hiding, for he knows that hope does remain as long as the prince is alive. Meanwhile, in the depths of Mon Calamari,
Lee-Char, and his Jedi protectors were hiding to evade droid and Quarren patrols.

"We can't hide forever." Lee-Char said.

"The Gungan Army was the last of the Republic's reinforcements. There won't be any more." Ahsoka said.

"So we're on our own." Darrel said.

"The failure is mine, not the Republic's." Lee-Char replied.

"No, you shouldn't blame yourself, Your Majesty." Darrel said.

"He's right, none of this is your fault, Lee-Char." Ahsoka said.

"If my father were here, he could unite with Nossor Ri and the Quarren. The Quarren and Mon Calamarians have always had a difficult relationship, but it was respectful, until Riff Tamson arrived. Once that Karkarodon got inside Nossor Ri's head the alliance between the Mon Cala and the Quarren fell apart." Lee-Char said.

"Well, we have to do something." Darrel said.

"I know what I must do. The Mon Cala and Quarren people must be reunited." Lee-Char replied.

"Okay. I like your thinking, but what's the strategy?" Ahsoka asked.

"Count all the prisoners, Mon Cala, Gungans, Clones. If we all fought together we would outnumber the droid army." Lee-Char replied.

"Let's hope your plan works." Darrel said.

"But if this is going to work, we'll need to let your people know, Your Highness. They'll have to be ready to fight." Ahsoka said.

"We need Captain Ackbar and I think I know where to find him." Lee-Char said.

"And where would that be?" Darrel asked.

"The prison camp. Follow me!" Lee-Char replied.

Lee-Char and the Padawans followed a column of prisoners to an underwater cave used as a prison camp. The Mon Calamarian people and soliders watched Lee-Char swim past them, they smiled knowing that there was still hope knowing that the Prince was still alive. Then the Prince and the Padawans found Ackbar resting on Senator Till's leg.

"You're alive. Captain, you were right." Tills said.

Ackbar woke up to see Lee-Char and the Jedi Padawans.

"Prince, I knew you would survive the battle." Ackbar said.

"Captain, I need your help. I have a plan. I know how we can win this fight."

"But the battle is over, young Prince. And it appears that we have lost." Ackbar said in disappointment.

"No. In truth, we now outnumber our enemy. We can overwhelm them." Lee-Char said.

"But we are prisoners. If we revolted, thousands would die." Tills said.

"Not if the Quarren struck first and aided in our attack." Lee-Char said.

"Prince, how can you say this? The Quarren betrayed us. They assassinated your father!" Ackbar yelled.

"No, Captain, Riff Tamson murdered my father. Of that, I am sure." Lee-Char replied.

"The Quarren are being used, me and Darrel seen it happen before. Count Dooku has deceived them." Ahsoka said.

"So, where do we go from here, Your Highness?" Darrel asked.

"We'll find Nossor Ri. He was my father's friend. I know he will listen." Lee-Char replied.

"How can you be certain of this?" Tills asked.

"I can't, but it's time for me to lead. And this, I feel, is my only course of action." Lee-Char replied.

"I will ready our people, Prince." Ackbar said.

"But, Captain, you're injured." Tills replied.

"I'll be ready to fight with our future king." Ackbar said.

Then Commander Monnk overheard the conversation and came to chime in.

"I'll marshal the remaining Clones and Gungans. What will your signal be?" Monnk said.

"When a Quarren attacks our enemy, that will be your sign." Lee-Char replied.

But an Aqua Droid spotted them, and the Jedi, and Lee-Char were surrounded by Aqua Droids.

"You are under arrest!" said an Aqua Droid.

Ahsoka and Darrel ignited their lightsabers, getting ready to attack. But Lee-Char came in front of them.

"No, stay your blades, my friends." Lee-Char said.

Ahsoka and Darrel nodded and shut off their lightsabers. Then Lee-Char turned his attention to the droids.

"I am Lee-Char, leader of the Mon Cala people, and I demand to speak to your superiors!" Lee-Char said.

The droids escorted the Prince, and the Padawans away from the prison camp to meet with Riff and Nossor Ri.

Later, in the Mon Calamari Throne Room, the Jedi Padawans, and Lee-Char was escorted by three Karkarodon Soliders. Riff and Nossor saw the Prince, and the Padawans enter the Throne Room.

"Greetings Prince, we meet again. I must admit, you were more difficult to capture than I anticipated. You have my respect as hunter to his prey." Riff said.

"I do not seek, nor do I want your respect. I have come to demand the freedom of my people." Lee-Char replied.

Riff laughed mockingly.

"Your people? You're mistaken, Prince. They are my people and under my rule." Riff said as he stood up from his seat and swam over to the Prince, and got into Lee-Char's face. "They, like you, are nothing more than slaves." Riff said.

"Your rule is not recognized here, Tamson! My people are all those who live in these seas, whether they be Mon Cala or Quarren." Lee-Char replied.

Nossor Ri looked over at the Prince and sighed, Lee-Char smiled at Nossor, then looked back at Tamson. Riff knew what the Prince was trying to do.

"Surely you have not come here seeking the aid of Nossor Ri." Riff said as he swam away from Lee-Char, and swam around the Throne Room. "Do you really think he would trade his position to join you?" Riff asked.

"The Quarren are already slaves, though they may not see it." Lee-Char replied.

"The Quarren are blinded by the Separatists." Darrel said.

"Nossor Ri, you knew my father. Whatever differences our people had in the past, surely you must know we can work together to make Mon Cala whole. Dooku and Tamson want only to exploit us, and leave our cities broken and our resources depleted. What will then be left for the Quarren?" Lee-Char said.

Nossor Ri looked down in regret and disappointment. Then Tamson swam over to him.

"Well, Nossor Ri, would you like to join this pitiful little fish and his dead father?" Riff asked.

Nossor Ri didn't respond, he looked away from Tamson.

"There, you see. What good will their help be anyway, Prince? The Quarren are more gutless than your people, are they not?" Riff asked.

"As long as I live, I shall give all people of Mon Cala hope to fight another day." Lee-Char said in a brave voice.

Riff holded his arms and chuckled.

"Hmm. Hope? We are of the same mind, Prince. That is why I have scheduled your public execution. Take them away!" Riff said.

The three Karkarodon Soldiers escorted the Jedi Padawans, and the Prince out the Throne Room.

"Nossor Ri, there's still time! Unite and we will defend our home." Lee-Char said.

The Karkardon Soliders took the prisoners to an arena. One of the soliders took Lee-Char in the middle of the arena and cuffed him. The other Karkardon Solider cuffed Darrel and Ahsoka. Then the Karkardon Soliders swam around the Prince, guarding him. Soon the other prisoners came to Lee-Char's execution. Anakin and Kit came as well, but they were cuffed to Eels.

"Good job protecting the prince." Anakin said sarcastically.

"It's all part of the plan, Master." Ahsoka replied.

"I was hoping you were going to say that. Anything I can do?" Anakin said.

"Unfortunately, this time it's out of our hands." Ahsoka replied.

"I'm not sure I like this plan after all." Anakin said.

Then Nossor Ri and Tamson arrived at the execution.

"For crimes against the Separatist state, I command the execution of former Prince Lee-Char." Riff said.

Then a Quarren Solider swam behind Ackbar and a few Mon Calamarian Soldiers.

"Captain, Nossor Ri and the Quarren are with you." the Quarren Solider said.

Ackbar nodded, the other Quarren Soliders started to give the soliders, and Ackbar, their weapons. Then, it was time for Lee-Char to be executed.

"Kill him!" Riff yelled.

The Karkardon Soliders swam away from Lee-Char and turned back around to attack him, but Nossor used his tentacles to create ink, and he swam towards the Prince and grabbed him before the Karkardons could kill him. The Karkardons were clouded in the link. Nossor Ri freed Lee-Char from his cuffs, and gave Lee-Char a blaster.

"Fight, Quarren! Fight for Prince Lee-Char!" Nossor Ri yelled.

Lee-Char shot down the three Karkardon Soliders. the Quarren, Mon Calamarian Soldiers, Jedi, Gungans and Clones unite under the Prince, engaging the Separatist droid forces in battle. Lee-Char prevents Tamson, who cruelly confesses to be the one who killed his father, from fleeing, engages him, and kills him with one of his own explosive knives that he took from Riff's belt.

Later, Lee-Char enters the Throne Room to see everyone there, even the Jedi. Senator Tills and Brother Lemcke came before Lee-Char with a big clam.

"Your father would be so proud." Tills said.

"I know." Lee-Char replied as he knelt before the clam.

"May the blessings of the water keep you. The might of your ancestors, give you strength." Lemcke said.

Lemcke opened up the clam. It contained the King's crown. Nossor placed the crown on Lee-Char's head. Then Lee-Char looked at Nossor Ri and smiled at him.

"As representative of the Quarren people, I pledge our loyalty to you." Nossor Ri said.

"And as your king, I pledge my loyalty to all people of Mon Calamari." Lee-Char replied.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present King Lee-Char!" Lemcke said.

The Mon Calamari and Quarren people clapped and began cheering for their new king.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 144 31
The Clone Wars had come to an end, and after the Jedi Order fell, the Republic became an Empire. Ahsoka and Darrel went into hiding after the Battle...
66.7K 1.8K 89
Taking on a Padawan Learner was at the very bottom of Anakin Skywalker's bucket list. No, scratch that - it had never been on there to begin with. Ye...
10.2K 293 34
Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano is selected to be the Padawan of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, while her friend, Aden Voss is selected as the next Padawan o...
15.7K 392 50
Every decision has long reaching consequences. When Ahsoka Tano is taken to the future, she joins Luke Skywalker as he attempts to rescue his friends...