ELPIDIOS: The Heir Must Survi...

By Sky_Baharudin

Previously titled END: The Decision is in Her Hands . Rule 1: The richest in Elpidios ruled the future land... More

The Dream is the Warning
CHAPTER 1: The first sign
CHAPTER 2: A Hint
CHAPTER 3: Violet and Warehouse
Chapter 4: The rules cannot change entirely
Chapter 5: Headaches or Signs
CHAPTER 6: I wish this is the end
CHAPTER 7: Finding Help
CHAPTER 9: Fight or Sacrifice
CHAPTER 10: Help or Journey to Death
CHAPTER 11: Journey to Death Indeed
CHAPTER 12: A Glimpse of Hope or Hell?
CHAPTER 13: A break for the Night
CHAPTER 14: Preparing for Survival
CHAPTER 15: Friends or Foes
CHAPTER 16: My Worst Nightmare!
CHAPTER 17: Lost and Found
CHAPTER 18: The End of My Good
CHAPTER 19: Playing With Wave
CHAPTER 20: Red like Blood
CHAPTER 21: Towards Diandre
CHAPTER 22: The Silent Has Been Broken
CHAPTER 23: What a Mess?!
CHAPTER 24: A Zombie Parade
CHAPTER 25: Dark and Kemble
CHAPTER 26: He is called A Monster
CHAPTER 27: The Boring Stuff
CHAPTER 28: The Lost
CHAPTER 29: Gliding Up the Bums
CHAPTER 30: The Museum
CHAPTER 31: Violet, Museum and Charlie
CHAPTER 32: Monsters and Zombies in Museum
CHAPTER 33: I'm Here.
CHAPTER 34: My Fight Out
CHAPTER 35: Escape
CHAPTER 36: Olivia
CHAPTER 37: Olivia and Mysterious Man
CHAPTER 38: The Burns in My Chest
CHAPTER 39: Trap and Truth

Chapter 8: The Coming Threats

9 0 1
By Sky_Baharudin

"There's something weird going on." He drenches with sweat and his pupils dilated. "You really need to see it." Concern to his behaviour, we follow him to the highest floor in the Warehouse and guided to the North side. The moment I walk in this corridor, my nausea kicks in hard, making me feel disoriented. A thick vibe tingles at the back of my neck and my bones shiver.

"Do you feel that?" I whisper to McCoy; to which he answer with a confuse face. When we enter in a storage room at the end of the corridor with a single window, my body weighing; almost made me stumble. I feel extremely disturb, my head start to get dizzy and the more we enter into the room, my head feels so heavy, if someone told me right now, there's someone put a 12kg barbell on head; I will believe him with a heartbeat. I lower my head and reach my hand to press the crown. We move to the window and the worker asks me to take a look.

Honestly, I don't want too. But I heavily walk towards it, trying not to alarm the outsider. In this region infamous pitch black, I was to stare in it, hoping for something to show up. "What do you want me to see?" I squint.

"Straight ahead. Can you see it?" He sounds jitterish. "Or him?"

I barely able to open my eyes with the headache, I squint my eyes to take a better look. I wait for a few seconds to let my eyes adjust the dark but I flinch when I see it. He or it, slowly move to the Warehouse direction. "What is that?" I lean forward to the window and wait to let it come closer. The moment my eyes find the moving figure's eyes, I jerk and fall backwards with a sharp pain piercing through my head. I let out a silent scream and rustle with it. I clench my head with my hands and my legs kick in the air. My head feels so pain, it's like you had your hand caught in a grinding machine. McCoy jumps beside me and held me tight. He scrabbles in his pockets to find painkillers.

"You, see what's out there..." McCoy orders to the worker before returning to me. "Hey, hey," he calls. "I'm here." he tries to console. He finally finds the painkiller and quickly opens the cover. He shoves two capsules into my mouth and asks me to swallow.

"It's a man, and I think he's injured." the worker claims. At that moment, Mr Usha finds us and runs towards me.

"What?" he puzzles to my condition. "What is going on?

"There's an injured man outside, sir." the worker inform the foremen. Mr Usha takes a look outside and witness the injured man heading towards the Warehouse.

"He's telling the truth. Should we let him in?" Mr Usha finds McCoy's eyes to seek permission.

"You," I try to find strength despite the excruciating pain, "open the door," I pause again, "we all die." I barely create a complete sentence before the painkiller reduces the pain. I turn my body facing the floor, bracing myself with my knees and elbows. Forcing myself to stand up, I push away the pain to the back of my mind notwithstanding I rather die than moving at this moment. McCoy reaches to prevent me but I push him just like I did to Violet. This time not because of my ego, but because people's life depends on it.

"Don't!" He hissed. "Don't push my hands away!" he scolds as he reluctantly helps me get up since I insists on. I struggle my way to get on my feet and almost dive headfirst if McCoy doesn't hold me. I shake my head to clear the pain but just like ocean wave, it keeps coming back. And it feels like a tsunami hits me when I manage to stand on both of my legs. I mumble curse words before I stop to one knee abruptly. All men rush to catch me from falling hard on the ground.

"He's injured. We ought to do something."

"Are you deaf?" It comes out rudely. I reach out my hand for Mr Usha and he brings down to me. I grab his collar and pull in. "Don't you dare open the doors in any circumstances."

"DK..." McCoy tries to persuade me.

"Take another look." I order painfully. Mr Usha follows and take a second look, this time he isn't sure if we should consider his suggestion. "He," Mr Usha stutters.

The worker changes place with him and take another look as well. "He's weird."

"He's dead." I correct. The men look at me with shock and disbelief. I rub my temple and run my fingers down to my neck.

"How can he be dead?"

I shake my head again, but I start to blank out due to the excessive pain. I hear McCoy calls my name repeatedly and gives me a little slap on the shoulder. I manage to blurt out few words hoping that they make sense out of it. "The eyes?" They all say it in sync. The nearest one goes back to the window and peak.

"Whatever the reason on how they can still walk, despite being dead, I think we have a bigger problem." the worker claims.

"What do you mean?" McCoy questions.

"There's more than one." he answers.

Pressing my palms on the floor, I make another attempt to stand and this time McCoy doesn't against me. He helps me stand and I press the speaker button my micro, sending a message to all workers. "They are currently outside the Warehouse. Don't let them know we're in here." The foremen nods to my instruction and orders the workers to be silent and calm. Sudden move may cause further consequences and prevention to the safety of all.

McCoy wraps his arms around me with concern eyes. "DK, are you really alright?

I stop him to return to the window for a last look. It's still dark and yes, then number of dead people is increasing but the strange and big movement in it, give me a panic. I curse under my breath, pressing the speaker button again. "I need everyone to leave whatever you're doing and find cover." I scream. "Now!" I ignore the pain, I sprint out the room. I can no longer hear McCoy chasing behind me. I get myself downstairs, bumping with workers and yelling to them to take cover, to hide. "HIDE! EVERYONE HIDE!" I scream, on my way back to the office.

I slam the door open, alarming Violet. Confused, I grab her on the wrist and drag her out. She pulls in to grab her bag before follows me. "What's going on?" her voice trails. I start screaming for everyone to hide. To take cover.

"Get to the engine room or the steel room. Lock the door behind you now." I instruct. My grip on Violet's wrist tighten and I begin to run. We run inside a corridor below the office, a long corridor before we meet a junction. We collide with few workers as corridors met. I keep yelling and instructing the workers to get to the engine room or the steel room. A crash shaken the building and screams echoed. "DON'T GET KILL." My last word to those that can't leave their workplace.

Aim for the head!

It starts to swim in my mind. Frown, I continue running towards the steel room with Violet behind me. We reach the steel room filled with metals, supplies, equipment for engineering, motors and even a dumping truck is place deeper inside the room.

"Oh, my heavens god, DK!" McCoy jumps at me. "You can't just leave me like that." He startles me so bad, I nearly give him a punch on the face.

"You'd just left me, now you want to punch me?" he yelps.

"Don't jump on me like that." I rub my chest to ease the shock.

"What was that crash?" Violet looks behind her.

"Truck." I answer simply.

Men begin to gather around me; looking for an explanation. Yes! We were under impression that the Warehouse is safe. But right now, it seems to all of us, Warehouse 12 is under attack by unknown threat with a truck.

"Didn't you see the truck from the window?" I ask McCoy who is catching his breath at a corner.

"If there's a truck," his press his palm on his thighs. "I wouldn't know because I was busy chasing you." his shouts at me. I puck my lips inward, shrugs at him.

"The enemy has penetrated the premises." Someone report through the micro. "I repeat, the enemy has penetrated the premises."

"A truck, there's a truck crash in section 4." he adds. "It seems that there's no survivors."

"Hide, and barricade yourself." I remind. "Keep the volume down. We don't want to alert them."

"Wait," he stops. "The driver is moving." he reports. "I'm going closer."

"NO!!!" I yell into the micro. "Don't go nearer." I beg.

"Trate is going near," another reports. "He takes off his techno."

"He... he looks weird." Trate's voice echoes.

"Please, I beg you. Don't..." before I can finish my sentence, I hear a scream from the line. The men pluck out their micro or techno as the scream is high-pitching. Trembling, my heart beats fast and my palms sweat. I start to feel dizzy again and my breathing become rapid. After a short moment, I collapse again. Over the micro, I keep hearing people screaming over rattling sounds and growling. They're screaming in pain and my head start throbbing again.

"Get off! Get off me!" Trate shouts in the line. The others are either screaming in fear or in pain. While some shout for help, some are making threats to hurt the attackers.

"What do we do DK?" I hear McCoy's voice drowning in my pain. "WHAT SHOULD WE DO?"

In daze, I try to look up to him. His face pale and his expression is exactly I hope it he wouldn't make. Full of fear. Violet's voice is the one snaps me out from my dizziness.

"Shut the door!" I say. "We need to shut the door before they get into this room."

"We still have people out there." A middle age man steps forward from the crowd. His arms cover in tattoo and he has a small scar across her left temple.

"Listen to me! You don't see what I saw." I point out my index finger to him. "Close the door NOW! That's an order." My veins burst and pumping hard. I can't risk anymore life. It's a decision I have to take. Whether I hate it or not.

_______________________________________

I'm going to have my examination in 2 weeks time. Sorry if I don't update any sooner than I should. I really need to focus on my revisions. Hope you guys understand.

I hope you like the story. Do vote for it. This is my baby.

Look forward for the next chapter.

Keep reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...