All For The Game || Corey Sea...

Oleh xox_toni

Childhood friendship at first, but could it be more? Corey and Andrea have been friends for as long as they c... Lebih Banyak

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-seven

twenty-six

1.2K 22 1
Oleh xox_toni

It had been about a month since I last seen Corey, which was on our birthdays, and I was missing him like crazy. But today I had to put that in the back of my mind. We had made it to play offs once again and today we were facing Auburn in the elimination game. I found myself in the hotel room starring at myself in the mirror before braiding my hair. Time and time again our team falls short, but this year i wanted it to be different.

We were staying in Oklahoma City, it was about 20 minutes away from Corey's apartment but they had a road trip and wouldn't be home til later tonight. I went to put my workout clothes on before getting ready to leave to the stadium.

I walk to the restroom once more to apply some mascara and make sure I look presentable considering I just rolled out of bed. I walk to the elevator and to the lobby where the rest of the girls were. I dropped my duffle bag off with the rest of the teams' bags and headed to the dining hall where the team was scheduled to have breakfast.

~~~

When we arrived to the stadium it was about 3 o'clock and we were changing into our uniforms. Just as I placed my phone down I heard a ding signaling I got a text.

I smile at the text and finishing getting prepped for the game. I pull off the ring Corey bought me and grab my thin gold chain from my locker and place the chain through the ring. I went out and bought the necklace before season started, I didn't want to risk an injury but I also never wanted to take off my ring. I'd like to think of it as my good luck charm and tonight I was gunna need all the luck I can get.

I grab my glove and visor and head out to the field. We start to stretch and do our warm ups as people start filling the stadium. I get lost in my thought, slowly but surely becoming a nervous wreck. I was so out of it I almost got knocked out by a ball I didn't see coming.

"Torres, get over here!" I hear Coach Perez yell. I apologize to Michelle for not paying attention and run over to the coach.

"Yes coach?" I say as I approach her.

"What's gotten into you, kid! I need you on your A-game.. I can't have you getting knocked out by the ball in warm ups," she says laying her arm over my shoulder.

"I'm sorry coach, I'm just really.. really nervous. This an important game, if I don't perform at my best I feel like I'm letting everyone down." I say fidgeting with my hands.

"Listen, babe. You have nothing to worry about. So shake it off and get ready to get out there," she says smiling, "Just remember this: turn nerves into excitement."

~~~

Here we were in extra inning, down by 2 with 2 outs. My palms were sweating as I stood in the warm up circle. I could hear the crowd getting louder as the pitcher got a 3-2 count on Jojo. I watch intently as the pitcher throws her next pitch. I somehow blank out as she walks her and the crowd goes quiet.

I look back at the dugout as Madeline walks out to where I was. I realize I have to go up to bat and slowly walk up to the box. For some reason I stare out to the crowd looking for someone, I'm not sure who because my parents nor Corey could make it. I just need a familiar face to find a sense of comfort, but so far I've failed.

I step into the box, and feel more pressure than ever. I lean back on my heels before the wind up, the ball flashes past me for a strike. I back out of the box again and stare off into the crowd as a pair of blue eyes meet mine and I would swear it was Corey but I'd sound crazy. I shake it off and step into the box, digging my back foot into the ground.

The next pitch practically hit my face mask as I lean back before getting hit. I step back out of the box and look back at the same spot I met those beautiful blue eyes and I see him. Sitting in his Nike dri-fit tee shirts, OKC hat, and fidgeting with his hands as nervous as I am. He sees me starring at him and he smiles while giving me a dorky thumbs up. I laugh to myself as I realize that was it.. my sense of comfort.

I step into the box and everything around me goes quiet. I lock eyes on the pitcher and focus on the ball as she releases it. It was right in my sweet spot and I put all my power into my swing. I dropped my bat and jogged around the bases after watching the ball clear the fence. I look out to the stands as I rounded third and there he was with the cheesiest smile on his face. I couldn't help but feel on top of the world as all the girls crowd around me at home plate. Little did I know it would fade away..

~~~

I walk off the field in silence, the crowd's cheers behind me rings in my ears as tears burn in my eyes. I run into the locker room and throw my glove in anger. "Hey babe, nice hit. We did everything we could," Michelle says. She was one of my bestfriends next to Addison and Bella. I thank her and hug her as she tries to talk some sense into me.

Soon the other girls start to come in and I begin to change as Coach Perez starts talking. I didn't really care for what was happening, but the summary of it was that she was proud of us no matter the out come and she praised us for the fight we put up. It was one of those "we did good but not good enough" talks. If you play softball you know what I mean. All I know is that all I wanted to do was go back to the hotel and get ready to leave back to LA.

We only had a week left of school and I'd be back here with Corey. We went back to the hotel and started loading everything up getting everything prepared for tomorrow morning. I was getting my outfit for the next morning along with some other things in my duffle bag when I heard a knock on the door. I place my headphones down in the bag before walking to the door. "Who is it?" I say before opening it.

"Hey bab-" I see him and my first instinct was to kiss him. I pull away and pull him inside before shutting the door. "Hello to you too," he said with a smirk.

"I missed you so much," I say latching on to him. I feel the tears sting my eyes and let out a small sniffle hoping he wouldn't hear.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?" He says pulling away. I shake my head and sit on the bed. "You did great babe, it's just how the game goes. You did everything in your power to win," he says sitting next to me.

"I know but you know I hate losing, especially when we had a chance," I say curling into his chest. He plays with my hair as we lay there, "I really did miss you, how'd you make it to the game?"

"I missed you too," he says kissing my forehead, "I had Barnes drop me off on the way home, luckily they let me in. I got there around the 6th inning, I was gunna suprise you but you seen me."

"Well I'm glad you could make it, if you hadn't come I probably wouldn't have hit that homerun." I say laughing.

"No you had it in you, you just needed someone to cheer you on." He says kissing me, he pulls me into his lap before asking, "Need any help, you know with taking your stuff down stairs?"

"Let me finishing packing my backpack before we go. Hey babe?" I say turning back to the bed where he still sat.

"Yes, my love?"

I smile at his words before I respond, "Can you stay with me tonight, please?"

"Of course, but we have to Uber to the apartment so I can get my car. Then maybe go for froyo?" He says smiling.

"You know me so well," I smile before kissing his cheek.

"That's kinda my job babe," he says winking. I laugh at him before going back to pack my stuff. I quickly finish after laying out my outfit tomorrow along with my backpack full of whatever I needed for the flight back home. "You ready? The Uber's here."

I nod as I grab my key for the room and my phone before we walk out. Corey places his hand on the small of my back as we walk to the elevator.

The bell signalled we were at the lobby so I grabbed Corey's hand and walked out. He laid his arm over my shoulder as we to the front door. "My lady," he says as he hold the lobby door open for me. I laugh at his dorkiness and kiss him on my way out.

When we got to the apartment he quickly grabbed some clothes to take a shower before we went back to the hotel. "I'll be back in a minute, love you," he says kissing my forehead before running off. I laugh at him and lay down on the bed. I could feel myself dozing off and didn't bother to fight it.

I was woken up by a strong hand shaking my shoulder, slightly confused at where I was. "Babe let's go, I think we should just go back to the hotel. You seem too tired for anything," Corey says as he helps me off the bed.

"Sorry babe, I forgot how comfortable your bed is," I say with a laugh, "We'll just pick up some food, I know you haven't ate." He nods and I grab my phone off my bed as we walk out the door.

We decided to pick up some food from a burger place Corey likes and went back to the hotel. Once I was finished with my chilli cheese fries I changed and the two of us fell asleep instantly. It had been a long day but it couldn't have ended any better, there's no better place to sleep than in this boys arms.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

33.4K 247 72
High school and college best friends go on a summer trip to California to escape the stress of school back home in Colorado. Sarah is very outgoing a...
49.5K 1K 77
Luna Packard, girlfriend of Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop, Corey Seager has been given the opportunity of a lifetime to work back in her home state o...
37.3K 648 17
" i don't know how not to live my life with you in it" a short sequel to my previous Corey Seager fanfiction, Baby Bellinger.
59.3K 828 49
One sometimes finds what one is not looking for - Alexander Fleming Completed February 25, 2017 ✓