four

Today's the day I knew I would dread the most. I always put it in the back of my mind, I wanted to enjoy our last moments together. The thought of him leaving me killed me, but I knew this was what he wanted so I would support him. He finishes putting his last bags into the car and turns to me. I just sit there and watch him. My mind was all over the place, I was just sitting here thinking how much diffrent everything would be with out him. "Ready, beautiful?" He says catching my attention.

"Yeah babe, let's go" I said faking a smile. Inside I wanted to cry, this was too much for me. I get up and make my way to my car and get into the backseat with him. He called for his parents and they got into the car. The car ride there was pretty quiet. I just held onto his hand while looking out the window fighting my tears. Every once in a while he would squeeze my hand and I turned to look at him and he'd give me a smile. He would silently try to reassure me that everything would be fine. But I knew what this day meant. It was the end. The end of every moment we had together, the end of our forever, the end of us.

*last night*

"What are you talking about Johnny?"

"I don't want you waiting for me, once you drop me off I want that to be it." He says looking me in the eyes.

"I can't do that.. you know I can't." I could feel myself stating to choke up.

"You have to Dre, it's for your own good." he says looking at the floor, "you've got your whole life ahead of you. I want you to be happy, you have a bright future.. but it's not with me. I'll be gone, serving our country. And you'll be in California doing great things. I just want what's best for you beautiful." By this point I was in tears. I sat there on his bed looking at the floor, tears streaming down my face. He walks over and sat next to me, and just held me in his arms as I cried. "I love you, okay? Never forget that." He says kissing my forehead and wiping my tears. For the rest of the night we just laid there, not a single word was said. We laid there, enjoying our last moments together before it was all gone.

*end of flashback*
"Here we are.." his mom says. I feel my heart skip a beat as my chest tightens. They park the car and I forever myself out of the car. This is the last thing I wanted to do.

"Come on babe" I say trying to hide my choked up voice. I grab onto his hand as he leads me to stop. I look to see families saying good bye to their loved ones, fathers saying goodbye the children, friends sending off their friends.. I feel my eyes begin to water as we reach his bus. He turns to us and begins to give his parents a hug. I can hear them crying as his mom begins to sob. I begin to get lost in my thoughts just as I hear them say their last goodbye. This meant it was my turn, it was time to face this. I look to the floor as I hear him come over.

"Hey, look at me" he says picking up my head, "remember what we talked about okay?" I just nodded, knowing that in this moment I couldn't rely on my voice. "You're gunna do great things, promise me you'll move on."

"I can't promise you that.." I say shaking my head.

"Please Andrea.. I need you to do what's best for you. I love you to much to put you through this." He says with tears forming in his eyes. I hated this, this wasn't us.

"Okay.. I promise. You're still my everything. Please just be careful. You have to promise me you'll be careful." I say sobbing at this point.

"I promise, I love you so much Dre. I'll see you soon beautiful" he says as we share one last kiss. It felt like it lasted forever, but this was it. This was the end.

"Goodbye Johnny.. I love you" we stay there with our foreheads pressed against each other. Finally it was time he had to go. And just like that I said goodbye to my first love..