fourteen

"So where are we going babe?" I ask as he back out of the drive way.

"Well babygirl, that's for me to know and you to find out," he says with a smirk. Knowing I wouldn't win this fight I just sit back as he drives. I reach for the knob on the radio to turn it up as we continue to our mystery location. Corey reaches over and places his hand on my lap as I lay back, relaxing for the rest of the ride. We made random conversation, sang a few songs, and just sat in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a peaceful silence of us just enjoying each others company. "Alright beautiful, we're here," he says as he pulls into a dirt lot.

"So where is "here" exactly?" I say as he opens my door. He grabs my hand and helps me off the truck.

"You'll see in a little bit, we just gotta walk down the path. I just thought we could hang out for a while." he says smiling.

We start walking along the trail hand in hand. "This places feels so familiar.. where are we?" I ask. He comes to a stop and turns to me.

"You'll remember soon, it's just a little bit up the trail," he says, "But we're almost there so you have to close your eyes and let me lead you. I promise this isn't a joke or anything." I nod and close my eyes as he grabs my hand and continues up the trail. "Oh I almost forgot," he says, and just as I was about to open my eyes I felt a pair of lips on mine. We pull apart and he continues to lead me up the trail. "Okay, we're here open your eyes."

"This is the gazebo that looks out over the lake!" I say in awe as I open my eyes, "I remember seeing this when your dad would bring us out here during summer."

"And you always said 'I want to have my first date with someone up there', so here we are," he says with a smile. I couldn't help but smile at him as my heart melted, thinking of how he remembered that from 5 years ago. He had it set up beautifully, there was a round table with 2 chairs, a vase full of roses, and a basket sitting on the table. "Shall we?" He says as he holds his hand out.

"This is amazing, I mean.. wow Corey. I love it." I say as we sit in the gazebo, "I can't believe you remembered."

"Only the best for my babygirl," he says, "I'd never forget anything you said, plus if I'm being completely honest, I've had this planned since we were like 13," he laughs nervously as he begins to turn red. I smile at how cute he is. I got up from my seat and I grabbed his hand. I led him to the edge of land in front of the gazebo.

"You wanna know why I wanted to come here?" I ask, he nods and stares out over the lake, "I figured that this was the perfect way to tell if I could actually connect with the person. It's so far away from everything and there's no distractions, just the two of us." I say say smiling up at him. I lay my head on his shoulder and stare out over the water with him, "But I don't think it'll work like that now, because I already know we do. It's always been there"

"I've just waited to long, and before I knew it you belonged to someone else," he says chuckling, "But now you're mine, and I intended to keep it that way as long as you let me."

"I'll always be here babe, even when we're miles apart." I say, "This view is truly beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," He says kissing my forehead, "Well, we should probably eat now before it gets cold. Mom packed lemon-pepper chicken and white rice, Justin brought it when he came to set up."

"When did he do that?" I say raising an eyebrow at him.

"He left the house about 10 minutes before we did," he says smiling proudly.

"You really did have it all planned out, huh?" I say laughing. He nods as he bites into his chicken. We sat there and ate and talked until the sun eventually went down. We began walking to the truck hand in hand, "Thank for everything Corey."

"Anything for you Dre," he says smiling. It was now about 8 o'clock and he started to drive back to my house. The drive was about an hour so we got to my house around 9, "I don't want you to go," he says making a pouty face.

"Babe you can see me tomorrow," I say laughing at how cute he was. "You need rest anyways."

"It's just been such a good day I wanna keep you with me." He says, "Do you have to do anything tomorrow?"

"Nope, just to see you," I smile, "Why?"

"Okay you can stay with me then," he says placing his hand on my thigh, "I'll bring you home later." He leans in kissing me, which quickly got heated til he pulled away, "So you're coming back with me?"

"Okay okay, I'll go over," I say. He smiled at me and kisses me again. Once we get to his house we make our way to his room. "So what did you want to do?"

"Well I figured we'd play Madden," he says with a smirk, "unless you're scared to lose."

"You're on Seager." I say grabbing the remotes.

"Okay before you start getting crazy competitive, let's go grab some snacks from downstairs." He says after he turns on the Playstation. I nod as I get up to follow him out of the room and to the kitchen. We grab a bag of chips and Gatorades and went back to the room to start our game. Obviously I kicked his ass, and by that I mean I only won by a field goal, but hey a wins a win. "Wanna watch New Girl?" he says smiling.

"Of course," I say knowing it was his favorite show. We lay there and watch the show until I notice what time it was. "Corey it's already 12!" I say as I turn to him. I look at him and I hear his slight snoring. I didn't want to wake him so I decided to see if his brothers were up so one of them could take me home. As I began to open the door, I hear him moving around.

"Where you going, babe?" He asks rubbing his eyes.

"I was gunna see if your brothers were awake to take me home, I didn't want to wake you," I say walking back to the bed.

"Kyle went out with Julie and Justin went out with his friends," he says yawning. "I'm gunna change and I guess I'll take you home."

"No babe, it's fine you're tired. I'll call my mom." I say as he walks to his closet.

"Or you could just stay the night," he says shrugging.

"What about your parents?" I say.

"Julie used to stay here all the time when Kyle used to live here, and Amanda is here like every other day. I don't think they'd mind if you did. Plus it's not like we're gunna do anything. That is, unless you want to," he says winking as he walks off.

"Corey Drew! Go change and give me a shirt while you're at it. I'm tired of wearing this." I say laughing. He smiles and walks into his closet and tosses me his old baseball shirt. He walks to the bathroom to change and I go ahead in his room. I lay in the middle of the bed on my phone waiting for him to come back. 

"My God, you're just perfect aren't you," He says as he stares me up and down. "You're beautiful you know?"

"Thank you baby," I blush as he walks over and lays next to me. He places his hand on my cheek and kisses me. It soon turns into a make out session as he likes my bottom lip begging for entrance. His hand roams up and down my leg, caressing my thigh. After a few more seconds, he pulls away and presses his forehead to mine. "We should get some sleep babe" I say kissing his cheek. He laughs and nods as I get off the bed to fold my clothes. He pulls the blankets up so we can get into the bed and we lay down. As soon as I lay next to him, he pulls me close to him and kisses my forehead.

"Good night babygirl." He says as we both begin to drift off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- I'm so sorry my updates are taking longer than I hoped. I'm gunna try to get 2 up each week. School and softball have just been taking up most of my time, so I'm sorry for that my loves. Hope you enjoyed, don't forget to comment and let me know what you think or even to give me ideas.
                     Much love xx 💙