seven

"Wait you what!?" I say laughing. Corey sits across from me and we eat our froyo.

"I swear. She was like "No Corey, we're not breaking up" He says mimicking Mady, "and then I was like "well you really have no choice because I'm dumping you" and she started yelling and I ignored her. Then she started chasing me down the stairs and when I got to the front door I slammed it behind me, and it closed on her face"

"You're too much," I say chuckling, "But at least you did it. As long as you're happy, you can enjoy college, or the minor leagues" I look at him as he smiles. My best friend was going places and I couldn't be more proud of him.

"And you'll be at school preparing to be my trainer," he says smirking.

"That's why I chose UCLA, one of the best in sports medicine" I say. This was always our deal because I loved the sport as much as he did. I wanted to support him always so we promised we'd do this together. "I'm gunna miss this, I'm gunna miss you"

"Don't worry Dre, you'll always have me," he says ,"when are you moving out there?"

"I'm supposed to finish packing up tomorrow and ship it to Bella's so that it's there by Friday. Then this weekend I'm flying out there to go put my apartment together. But I don't know if I'm gunna stay out there after this or come back til school starts. It wouldn't start for another month and a half." I explain.

"Come back! Come back! You have to!" I laugh as he jumps up and down in his seat like a 5 year old. "I'll fly with you to LA and help you move. Then you HAVE to come back. Promise?"

"We'll ask your mom if you can go with me this weekend. But why do I HAVE to come back?" I say mimicking him.

"I have drafts, I need you to go with me. Promise?" He asks.

"Of course I'll come back, I wouldn't miss it for the world" I say standing up getting ready to leave. When I turn back from throwing away my cup I feel 2 large arms wrap around me.

"I swear you're the best." Corey says squishing me.

"I try my best" I laugh. We start to walk to the car and then make our way to my house. "Hey can you come by tomorrow and help me pack?" I say as I unbuckle my seat belt.

"Yeah, what time?" He asks.

"Whenever, I'll probably be up at like 8 or 9, so just come when y I u want." I say.

"Alright Dre, see you tomorrow." He says hugging me from the drivers seat. I hop out of the truck and head to my room.

*Next morning*

I got dressed since Corey was coming over and started to pack

I got dressed since Corey was coming over and started to pack. I was playing music when there was a knock on the door. "Come in"

"I've come to help," Corey says flexing. I burst out laughing and he picks me up and throws me down on my bed, on my way down my foot hit his head. I started laughing harder as he falls on the bed next to me rubbing his head.

"Okay, play time is over. We have to put the last of these boxes in the car and put the rest of the stuff into more boxes so I can ship it to Bella's by the end of today." I say standing up with a stern face.

"Sir yes, sir." Corey says jokingly as he begins to grab already packed boxes and takes them to the car. I started to pack up my desk area and placed all my pictures into the box. The last picture on there was a picture of me and Corey when we were little. It was from when he had his championship and I went to watch. I've always been so small compared to him it was cute.

"Hey I remember that picture!" Corey says startling me. We both look at it and laugh. "We've come a long way, and our hairs gotten a lot darker." He laughs, "how many more boxes?"

"Ummm, this one and I have to get my boxes from the garage," I say. We start to take more boxes to the truck and finally finish. I had about 15 boxes and 4 more still at the house with clothes but I would be taking them when we went to LA for good. "You want to stop for food on the way back?" I say smiling at him as he drives.

"Yeah, I'm thinking.."

"IHOP" we say in unison. We laugh and head to the UPS office. It took about half an hour to get all the boxes labeled and ready to ship at the office. We would have to be in LA by Friday because the estimate date for them to arrive was Saturday. "So did you ask about this weekend?" I ask as we walk into the restaurant.

"Yeah, my mom said it was fine as long as I called her everyday." He says as we walked to get seated. I sit there and scroll through the flights to find one for the two of us. "Aren't you going to look at the menu?"

"Worry about yourself momma's boy, I already know what I'm getting" I say laughing, "plus I'm booking our flights"

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a mama's boy. But aren't the tickets gunna be expensive, it's like 3 flights to get to LA" He says looking worried.

"They're pricey but my parents said they'd pay what I couldn't. I saved up a lot of money from work. So don't worry about it." He nods knowing not to fight me in this. We order and begin to make random conversation. "How you feeling?"

"Im fine, what do you mean?" He says confused.

"I'm taking about everything with Madisyn"

"Ohh, I'm good honestly. She kept calling so I finally answered. She kept crying but I told her it would be better to see other people. She finally agreed and then that was it. I'll be fine, you're helping me through it anyways. Plus I know it's what's best for me and her." Just then our pancakes came and he got the cheesiest smile on his face. I decided this was a perfect moment to snap, he was so lame it was adorable. I took the picture and captioned it 'lunch date with this loser 💙' and then he notices. "Excuse me Dre, no pictures please I'm trying to enjoy my meal" and I burst out laughing.

"To late, it's already posted" I say sticking my tongue out at him. We eventually finish our food and head to the car.

"Is there anything else you need help with?" He asks as we get into the car.

"You've helped alot, don't worry about it. You can just drop me off at home so I can get my car. I'm gunna go to the mall." I say slightly shrugging.

"I'll take you, it's only a few blocks away. Plus I don't feel like being home I get bored." He says driving off.

"Are you sure?" I say being slightly hesitant. He's been driving me around for the past 2 days I felt bad.

"Anything for you." He says flashing me a smile.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A/N - I'm working on the next couple of chapters at the moment and thought I'd share these so that I could get feedback, leave your thought and suggestions in the comment, I can use all the help I can get 💙 lost of love xx