twenty

I woke up in the morning with Corey's giant arms wrapped around my waist. I didn't want to move but I had to get up and make him breakfast before his day game. I slowly lift his arm off my body and walk to the restroom to wash up. I throw my hair into a messy bun and begin to cook. "Good morning Andrea," he says sitting at the kitchen counter. "Smells good in here"

"Well you have to eat something before your game and you have to leave soon so I made you something quick," I say walking to the guest room. I go in to grab my laptop and check my emails on the couch in the living room. "So Corey I know you're still upset about the whole thing but I leave tonight at 4, so after your game maybe we can go to lunch and then I'll say goodbye."

"Okay, you're coming to the game right?" he says while eating his food.

"Yes I will be there, it's at 11 right?" I say cleaning the dishes before sitting across from him to eat. "So about yesterday, what's going on?"

He looked at me and sighed, "It's just been hard not having my best friend around. I miss you all the time Dre. When I get good hits I look for you in the stands and you're not there. If I have a bad day you're not here to cheer me up. When I go to sleep your side of the bed is always empty and it's hard. It just hurt that the one time I get to see you it's cut short by an amazing opportunity for you. I don't want you to go because I'm selfish. I know I acted like an ass yesterday and I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself." He says looking down at the floor. I hop off the couch and walk to where he was. I wrap my arms around him and kiss his cheek.

"I'm sorry too, I should have told you as soon as I found out. I wish I could have stayed longer but I promise you once I'm done with school, I'm all yours. I'll be there for you everyday, we've been there for each other all our lives." I say and he smiles.

" I'm also worried about the Cubs wanting you back after you graduate, I'll be in LA in you'll be in Chicago," He says seriously.

"Don't worry about that right now. If I can get a job closer to home, I'll take it. Maybe some of the schools will hire me." I trail off.

"But you want to work the big leagues babe. I know you do, it's been your dream." He says looking at me.

"Yeah, well we can worry about it later okay? I can settle if it means being with you," I say kissing his cheek, "I've got to start getting ready, let me know when you're leaving. And make sure you do your dishes." I went to the room and grabbed my toiletries and walked to the restroom.

Once I get done showering I throw on some Nike shorts and a shirt just to get ready in. I start my makeup and I hear Corey come to the room, "Okay beautiful, I've got to go. I'll see you out there, I love you."

"Okay, don't forget extra clothes we're going to eat after. I love you." I say before kissing him. He nods as he grabs his keys and walks out.

About an hour later I was finished getting ready and packed all my things back into the bags, I had everything ready by the door except my laptop which was charging for my flight. I had already called for a cab so once I finished I ran outside to head to the game.

 I had already called for a cab so once I finished I ran outside to head to the game