twelve

Corey and I have been home for about a week now and we've yet to tell anyone about us. It kind of felt like weight on my shoulders because I didn't wanna hide it from our parents but we thought we'd announce it after the draft. Today was the last day and Corey was pretty nervous. He stood up all night worrying about it, "What if they don't pick me? What if I didn't do good enough? How do you think I did? What round do you think I'll get picked if I do get picked? What if it's a losing team? What if it's far from you?" Are all he seemed to say for the last couple of nights. He stood up til about 2 in the morning worrying until I made him go to sleep.

It was about 6 in the morning right now meaning I had to get ready because we were leaving at about 7:30. I got up grabbed my clothes, my speaker, and headed to the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and started to play the Weeknd's new album as I got ready. I was finished at about 7:15 so I just sat in the kitchen waiting for Corey and the Seagers to come pick me up.

 I was finished at about 7:15 so I just sat in the kitchen waiting for Corey and the Seagers to come pick me up

I had dress a little nicer then I did the last couple of days because we were all going to dinner after. Lately I would just wear workout clothes because we would just sit and watch him at the games. But tonight was when Corey and I decided we'd tell his family about us. As for me I didn't know when I would tell my mom, I knew she wouldn't mind because she usually always supported me. Plus she loved Corey. I was just scrolling through my phone as my mom came down stairs,

"Morning momma, why are you up so early?" I say smiling at her as she came over to me.

"Oh nothing, I have some things to get done today. Where are you off to?" She asks.

"Today's the last day of Corey's draft, so the Seagers are coming for me. They should be here any minute actually." I explain to her.

"You two have been spending quite some time together.. So what're you dressed up for? You've been in exercise clothes for the last couple of days." She says, "What's the occasion?"

"I can't just dress up, there has to be and occasion?" I say laughing.

She looks at me and raises her eyebrow at me, "C'mon cough it up, I know you too well."

"Umm okay, we're going to lunch after," I say. She stares at me and I begin to hesitate, "and Corey has an announcement so I just thought I'd dress nicer."

"Uh huh, and what's this announcement of his?" She says. She knew me too well for me to get away with it.

"So while me and Corey were in LA we kind of.. sort of started dating.. don't be mad! I wanted to tell you but I didn't know how" I say nervously.

"Aww baby, I'm not mad," she laughs, "I do wish you told me earlier.. but Dre are you sure you can handle that?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You two are both very busy.. and very far apart."

"Yes mom, we've talked about it. I think it'll really workout, plus we care a lot about each other. Maybe if we were stranger it wouldn't work.. but we've know each other for how long?" I say.

"You're right baby," she says opening her arms, "I just don't want you taking on more than you can handle. But I'm always here for you, you've got my full support." She kisses my forehead as she releases me from our hug. "By the way, I was always rooting for you two to get together. I just thought you guys were too blind to see how right you were for each other."

"Mommmm," I yelled at her as she walks back upstairs. Just then I heard a honk and I figured it was the Seagers. "Bye mom, love you."

"Bye baby girl, love you too. Let me know how it goes!" She yells from upstairs. I smile and shake my head as I walk through the door. I head towards their car as Corey jumps out of the car and opens the door for me.

"Good morning," I say to him as I walk in. Once I settle in, he jumps in too. "Good morning Jeff and Jody," I smile to them as they turn back to look at me.

"Good morning sweetheart," Jody says to me. "Looking lovely as always."

"Aww you're too sweet." I say slightly blushing. They begin to drive off and I feel my phone vibrate:

From Corey 💙:
She's right, you look beautiful, babe. Are we still on for later? After lunch with my parents?

To Corey 💙:
Of course, what's the plan babe?

From Corey 💙:
How about a movie, or we can stay at the house, anything to get my mind off this draft.

I look up at him and smile, slightly nodding at him. "Where's your brothers?" I ask him.

"Oh they didn't want to get up so they're just going to meet us for lunch." He says.
The park was about half an hour away so the drive wasn't too bad. We made conversation amongst each other, talked about LA, listened to some music as Corey and I were texting each other back and forth. When we pulled up I got his last text

From Corey 💙:
Meet me by the empty field, tell my parents you're going to the restroom. I need a good luck kiss from my baby girl.

I look up at him and blush. He begins walking to the field as his parents grab stuff out of the car. He turns back to me and winks. I laugh as I nod at him and turn to help his parents. "I'll take these to the field and then I'm going to make a trip to the restroom," I tell Jody as I grab a chair and an umbrella.

"Okay go right ahead, honey." She says. I walk towards the field and set up the chair. I look up to see Corey finish up putting on his cleats as he talks to his coach. He nods and begins to walk to the other field as he watches me, signaling me to follow. Once I finish setting up my things I walk over to where he was.

"Took you long enough," I hear as I turn the corner. He wraps his two arms  around my waist and pulls me closer to him. "I've been so tempted to do this since you got into that car." He whispers to me just as he connects his lips to mine.

"I think you have enough good luck, now go before you're late." I say as we pull away. "You got this baby, I believe in you" I say as I press my lips to his once more. I hug him before he walks back towards the field.

"Thank you, beautiful." he says as he lightly smacks my ass before walking to the field. I decide to hang around the field for a couple minutes so that nothing seemed suspicious to Jody and Jeff.

Once I make it back to the field I watch their warm ups and soon the game started, watching this boy play gave me happiness. They ended up beating the Centeral draft class 5-3. Corey went 3-4 and one of those were an RBI triple. He did so well no matter how much he questioned himself, I couldn't wait to see who drafted him, he has so much to offer. He was even told he had the best swing of his draft class. I was so proud of him and everything he accomplished, and I couldn't wait to see what he did in the future.