twenty-one

"We're going to Wrigley right now, they want you to get familiar with the team and staff." David says as we get into the car.

"Already? I thought I didn't start until Monday," I say as the driver merges onto the freeway. He nods looking through his phone.

"Didn't you get the email this morning? They want you to start tonight" he explains.

"Oh, I don't have my laptop, I forgot it at Corey's.. that reminds me I need to call him." I say dialing his number. It rang for a while but there was no answer, I figured he'd be taking his post game nap.

"The stadium is just around the corner, I'll walk you into the clubhouse, after that you're in Joe's hands. I will betaking your things to your suite, do you need anything from your bags?" he asks. I grab a change of clothes, some shoes, and my phone charger. "Alex will meet with you once he's done with his tapping session."

"Alex?" I say confused.

"Alex Tyler," He says laughing as I make an 'oh' shape with my mouth. We park in the players lot and hop out of the car. "Joe's office is right this way." We walk down the hallway until David turns into a room. "Here's your new trainer, handle with care," he says jokingly. I shake Joe's hand as David leaves.

"Its nice to finally meet you, shall we?" he says holding the door open. I nod and walk through door and follow him as he passes me. As we walk through the hallway he tells me what each room is as we pass them. Soon we get to a door and walks into it, "Are all of you boys decent? I need you guys to meet someone before BP" I wait outside and eventually he drags me inside. "Boys, this is Andrea Torres, she's gunna be our intern trainer, I'll let you know who's hers later" he says to them. They all go outside, some wave at me making me laugh and Joe takes me to a few more places.

"They seem very sweet" I tell Joe as we walk toward another room.

"They are, they're all very kind so you shouldn't have many problems. But I must warn you they're goofballs," he says chuckling. "This is the- Rizzo, Bryant what are you doing in here, batting practice started 10 minutes ago!" He yells as we step into, what I'm assuming was the batting cages. They put their bats down and walk toward us.

"Sorry Joe, we were just getting reps in," an extremely tall, blue eyes man says.

"While I have you two here, this is Andrea. She's gunna be the trainer for the next month. I have her working with you two, Addi and Baez. Andrea this is Kris Bryant, our rookie 3rd baseman." The tall man stuck his hand out to shake mine.

"Ah yes, I heard very good things about you. Very nice to meet you," I say shaking his hand.

"Pleasure is all mine, this is Anthony, he's our first baseman." He says letting go of my hand.

"I've heard great things about both of you, trust me I follow baseball. I can't wait to work with you two." I say smiling.

"You make us sound like celebrities, we're just a couple of guys who play ball," he says laughing. "Stick with us kid, you'll be fine" Anthony wraps his arm around my shoulders and we look at Joe for his approval.

"I'll show you your office before game time, go meet the rest of the guys," he says as they lead an to the field.

"Wow." was all I could say as we stepped into the field.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Anthony says as he grabs his bat from inside the dugout.

"I watch the games on tv but it's nothing like this," I say laughing.

"Yup, well we have a while before our turn to take bp.. so tell us about yourself," Kris says smiling.

"Well what do you wanna know?" I ask leaning against the rail of the dugout.