twenty-six

It had been about a month since I last seen Corey, which was on our birthdays, and I was missing him like crazy. But today I had to put that in the back of my mind. We had made it to play offs once again and today we were facing Auburn in the elimination game. I found myself in the hotel room starring at myself in the mirror before braiding my hair. Time and time again our team falls short, but this year i wanted it to be different.

We were staying in Oklahoma City, it was about 20 minutes away from Corey's apartment but they had a road trip and wouldn't be home til later tonight. I went to put my workout clothes on before getting ready to leave to the stadium.

I walk to the restroom once more to apply some mascara and make sure I look presentable considering I just rolled out of bed

I walk to the restroom once more to apply some mascara and make sure I look presentable considering I just rolled out of bed. I walk to the elevator and to the lobby where the rest of the girls were. I dropped my duffle bag off with the rest of the teams' bags and headed to the dining hall where the team was scheduled to have breakfast.

~~~

When we arrived to the stadium it was about 3 o'clock and we were changing into our uniforms. Just as I placed my phone down I heard a ding signaling I got a text.

I smile at the text and finishing getting prepped for the game

I smile at the text and finishing getting prepped for the game. I pull off the ring Corey bought me and grab my thin gold chain from my locker and place the chain through the ring. I went out and bought the necklace before season started, I didn't want to risk an injury but I also never wanted to take off my ring. I'd like to think of it as my good luck charm and tonight I was gunna need all the luck I can get.

I grab my glove and visor and head out to the field. We start to stretch and do our warm ups as people start filling the stadium. I get lost in my thought, slowly but surely becoming a nervous wreck. I was so out of it I almost got knocked out by a ball I didn't see coming.

"Torres, get over here!" I hear Coach Perez yell. I apologize to Michelle for not paying attention and run over to the coach.

"Yes coach?" I say as I approach her.

"What's gotten into you, kid! I need you on your A-game.. I can't have you getting knocked out by the ball in warm ups," she says laying her arm over my shoulder.