twenty-seven

I woke up to a knock on the door and a snoring man next to me. I tried to move Corey's arm without waking him up. I swing my legs over the bed before going to the door. I open the door and before I could even get a chance to see who it was Michelle walked right past me. "Hey do you- woah. Wait did you!?" She asks, implying that we did "it".

"What!? No. I just wanted him to stay, why am I even explaining myself to you. What happened?" I say in a whisper yell, trying not wake Corey.

"Damn what a shame, I would have done it. He's a cutie," she says laughing as I shoot a dirty look her way, "I was going to see if you wanted to get breakfast, but I see you have your hands full."

"Oh yeah I told him we go eat before checkout, have to be back by 12 right?" I ask as I see Corey stirring in bed.

"Hey babe, who are you talking to?" He said groggily. He realized someone was in the room and started blushing before trying to put a shirt on.

"Don't worry, sweetie. I'm Michelle. You must be Corey, it's nice to finally meet you," she says putting her hand to his, "I've heard a lot about you." I roll my eyes and smile at her.

"It's nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you too.. all good things" he says smiling and shaking his hand. "I'm gunna get in the shower babe." He leans down and kisses my cheek before walking over to the restroom.

"He's even cuter in person!" She says as the bathroom door closes. "Well I guess I'll let you go, have fun with lover boy. Tell him I said bye"

"I will, I'll see you later" I say chuckling as I close the door behind her. I grab my phone from the night stand and put on my playlist as usual and began to wash my face. I was just about finished with my hair when Corey came out of the shower.

"Well don't we look good today," he says as he stands behind me with nothing but a towel on.

"Hmm yeah I do look good huh, you could use some work" I say as I wink at the mirror.

"I was talking about myself, I bulked up nicely, you should appreciate these abs!" he yells as I walk into the main room. I laugh to myself as I grab my clothes for the day.

"Don't worry baby, I do. You do look good" I say as I pass him while walking to the restroom. I got changed into my outfit for the day then came back out. "So baby, where to?" I ask and smile at him.

"Wanna go to Denny's? It'll be quick so you don't miss check out.." he says while he scrolls through his phone.

"Or do you want to just order in and we can spend time here" I say as I take my ring from my necklace and place it on my finger.

"Yeah that sounds good," he says as he pats the side of the bed signaling me to lay down with him. We sat there and talked about nothing and also everything. We talked about our plans for me staying here once my semester is over. And we talked about his chances of moving to LA. Just wasting time together, not wanting to be separated again.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
At about 12 we said our goodbyes in the lobby in the whole bus ride the girls wouldn't stop talking about him. But I mean I am pretty lucky. It was kind of early when we got back to the school so Michelle and I decided we should go out to eat.

I went home and quickly changed before she came to get me. We decided to go eat at a pizza parlor not too far from my house. "Oh no way, the Cubs are in town!" I say as we look up from our table to the TV.

"That is one beautiful man," Michelle says as she watches Kris Bryant bat. "We should totally go to the game tomorrow, we both have early class anyways."

"Oh my gosh, you're right! I'll see if the guys can get us in" I say as I grab my phone.

"The guys?" She asked kind of confused.