twenty-five

"Hey babe wake up," Corey says as he lightly shakes me.

"What happened?" I say sitting up, rubbing my eyes.

"You're cute when you wake up," he says with a little chuckle. "Get ready I wanna take you somewhere," he says kissing my forehead.

"Ima jump in the shower and then we can go where ever you want," I say grabbing my bag and heading to the restroom. I quickly shower and brush my teeth before going back to the room. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a suprise, just get dressed babe," he says smiling.

"Casual or?" I say going through my bag.

"Umm kinda casual, kinda fancy," he says. I go dry my hair and did my makeup before getting dressed.

"Is this okay?" I asked. I had on a black shirt with blue ripped jeans and some grey strappy heels. I did a little spin and turn back to see him smile.

"Perfect, now go do your hair so we can leave," he says kissing my forehead and spinning me to face the restroom

"Perfect, now go do your hair so we can leave," he says kissing my forehead and spinning me to face the restroom. I quickly use my curling wand to wave my hair and look at the mirror once more before walking back to the room. "You look as beautiful as always, now my love.. Will you join me on this date?" He says reaching his hand out to me. He was wearing a navy blue button up shirt with black jeans.

"I'd love to babe," I say grabbing his hand. "Where are we going?"

"Its a suprise babe, I promise I'll make it worth your while" he says holding up his pinky.

"I hope you take pinky promises as serious as you did when we were kids." I say hooking my pinky around his.

"Psh, of course I do," he says rolling his eyes as we drive to our mystery destination. We talk about everything and nothing, sing to our country music, and make jokes with each other. "Alright we're here," he says pulling up to a resturant.

"What's this?"

"Steak house, I asked some of the guys where they take their girls. It's supposed to be really nice so I got reservations." he says smiling.

"You didn't even know I was coming, how'd you do all this," I say smiling.

"Why do you think I was up so early, I'm not a morning person for just anyone. I texted them yesterday and then called for reservations today," he says with a smirk as we walk in to the restaurant. We sit at the table until the waiter to came to get out drinks. The restaurant was really nice, it had a fancy look but a laid back vibe.

We were talking for about 20 minutes before our food came. "So when do you think we'll be together again?" I ask him just to start up another random conversations.

"As fast as I can babe. Mattingly really seemed to like me at spring training but they still have Rollins. But the good news is that he said 'It's not a matter of if but when'.. so I'm hoping it'll be sometime this year." He says smiling before going back to his food.