twenty-three

"So any ideas?"

"You should just go out with him.. let him down easy. You guys were high school sweet heart, I don't expect you to never speak to him again. You need closure, especially after how you two ended. He was your past, and I'd like to think that you and I are your future," Corey says through the phone.

"You and I forever kid, if you can stand me that long," I say laughing.

"I'd want nothing more than that," he says, you can hear the smile in his voice. The fact that I was the reason behind that perfect smile meant the world to me.

"Good, well you should text him back. Go out and catch up, you can't hide our relationship forever. Eventually he's gunna find out and I don't want you to hide things, you guys were friends before then." He said, I knew he was right I was just nervous at how this could go.

"You're right, I'll see if he can go out in an hour for coffee, I have to be at the park by 4 and tomorrow's an early game but it's a travel day," I say planning out to myself but talking to Corey.

"Just go, but if he tries anything call Kris or Anthony to get you. Also text me when something happens.. I'll talk to you later babe, I gotta go to the stadium. I love you."

"Alright babe, text me when you're done. I'll let you know how it goes. I love you too," I say before hanging up the phone and calling Johnny.

After a few rings he finally answered "Hey Andrea, I didn't think I'd get you to answer me," he said with a little laugh.

"Oh yeah I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, as you seen I was out late and we had a couple of drunk friends to take care of. But anyways, I uh.. I wanted to see if you wanted to go get coffee or somethjng before I go in for work," I ask nervously.

"What time would that be, it's already 9?" He says laughing.

"I don't have to go in til 4 this afternoon, so anytime before then," I say.

"Well aren't you lucky, I'd love to go in on your hours," he says laughing.

"It's only my second day but it's pretty great. So can you make it today? If not we can do it in like a week because I'm going out to LA and San Diego for work.."

"Yeah, we can go when I get out for lunch.. I'll meet you at the Starbucks by Wrigley Field.. Say at like 1:30, do you need a ride?" He says sounding more nervous then I was.

"Oh yeah, that's perfect I can go in early for work before it gets packed, I'll send you the address to the hotel I'm at, my boys can get me after so we can go in," I say. We say our good byes and I call Kris to ask him if he can get me after I go meet Johnny. Of course he agrees, he's too nice to me.

I laid in bed for about another half hour until I decided I should probably start getting ready. I laid out my uniform, minus the god awful khakis. I asked Joe if it's okay for me to wear my Nike tights instead because I had plenty of pairs. I pull out a blue windbreaker with the Cubs logo on it and place it with my clothes.

Once i was finished taking a shower I lazily throw my hair in a bun so that it's not a mess when it dries. I put of some mascara and a little bit concealer, it was about 1 so I got ready to head out. I grabbed my duffle bad with my other things I needed at the field and grabbed my cubs sweater as I got a text.