fifteen

Today's the day the MLB Draft pick was announced. I was getting ready to go to Corey's house to get the news with the rest of the family before the party. I had just finished my hair and went to get dressed. 

I walked up to my parents room to tell them I was leaving, "Bye guys, I'll see you later

I walked up to my parents room to tell them I was leaving, "Bye guys, I'll see you later. Love you," I say poking my head through the door. 

"Bye baby, let us know how it goes, and tell him we said congrats. Just in case we don't make it to the party" my mom says smiling. I nod and head downstairs, grab my keys and my jacket and head to my car. I turn up the radio as I drive to the Seager household. Once I get there I knock on the door.

"Oh my, Andrea, honey what am I going to do with you? Do I have to give you a key so that you know to just come in," Jody says laughing as she opens the door. I smile and shake my head as I follow her inside. 

"Sorry Jody, its a natural reaction," I say as I follow her to the kitchen. 

"Its okay, Honey. Kyle and Justin went to the store to get some things for the party. Jeff took Corey to buy a new dress shirt because he wanted to look nice." She says stirring the food. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course, what do you need?" I say placing my things on the counter. 

"Can you run to the Deli and pick up the sandwiches for me, please?" she asks running around the kitchen. 

"Yeah of course, ill go put my things in Corey's room and then I'll go." I say grabbing my things. 

"Thank you, the order is under my name," She says. i nod and ran upstairs to Corey's room. 
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"It's about to start," Jeff yells. Me and Corey walk to the living room from the kitchen, as he pulls me back.

"Dre, I can't watch. I'm too nervous," he says looking at the floor. I take my hand and place it under his chin to lift his head up.

"Babe, you did great out there, I promise. You can do this." I say. He leans down and kisses me, "Now come on, lets go watch." We sit next to each other on the couch as the draft picks began. 

With the 18th selection of the 2012 first year player draft, the Los Angeles Dodgers select Corey Seager. A short stop from Northwest Cabarrus High School, Concord, North Carolina.

"COREY YOU DID IT!!!" I yell in excitement as I jump off the couch. All of us were screaming in celebration. I turn to see Corey still sitting on the couch. I grab his hand and pull him off the couch.

"I can't believe I did it," he says still in shock. "I did it.. I'm going to be a Dodger!" he says hugging me. 

"I'm so proud of you," I say smiling up at him as he kisses me. "I told you, you could do it." He smiles at me and everyone continues hugging him and celebrating. 

"I'm so proud of you, baby," Jody says as she hugs him.

"You did good son," Jeff says with a huge smile on his face. They all continue to congratulate him until Jeff spoke up, "Alright let's get set up for this party."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
About 2 hours later the house was full of people. They invited his family, his coaches, his baseball team, and a lot of our friends from school. Corey and I were up in his room making sure we were presentable before heading back downstairs. He had changed into his new shirt and dress pants. I decided to change into a dress just to fit the occasion. "Everyone's here, we should go down, babe." he calls as he puts his shoes on. 

"Okay, babe

"Okay, babe. Let's go." I say walking out of his bathroom. "We don't want to keep your guests waiting." 

"Wow, you're stunning." Corey says smiling. I feel my cheeks heat up and I smile. He grabs my hand and opens the door for me. As soon as we walk out of his room I feel all eyes on us. I didn't know how to react so I just hid behind him a little. 

"There's our future Dodger, ladies and gentleman !" Coach Joe yells. Everyone erupts in cheer and begins to crowd around him. I let go of him and motion to him that I'd be in the kitchen once he was done. I made conversation with my friends Allison and Grace, I haven't seen much of them but we were all on varsity softball since freshman year. We were talking about the schools they were going to, Allison committed to University of Michigan and Grace was committed to Oregon State. I also caught up with Coach Joe who told me to make sure i keep Corey on track through his career. Once he mentioned Corey, I looked around the room to see if i could find him but I didn't. So I decided to go around and look for him. 

Corey's POV
I decided to step outside for a while, with all the people surrounding me, I felt like I could use some air. I was sitting alone out back when I hear the door open, "Congrats, babe. I knew you could do it." I hear from behind me. I knew that voice anywhere.

"Don't call me that," I say tensing up as I feel her hand on my shoulder. She leaves her hand there as she sits next to me.

"Oh come on, you used to love it. I just thought I'd stop by and congratulate my favorite baseball player." she says caressing my jaw. I push away from her and scoot over.

"Stop Madisyn, we aren't together anymore. I've moved on, you should too," I say sternly. 

"Oh come on, Corey. You know you miss me." She says placing her hand on my thigh. 

"I don't need you or miss you. I have Andrea now." I say grabbing her hand and lightly placing it back on her lap. 

"Oh that whore, she was just waiting for Johnny to ship off so that she could have you. She talked you into dumping me, she's probably just going to use you," she says. As soon as those words left her mouth I was furious. 

"Don't you ever talk about her like that, again. You don't even know her, so never talk about her like that," I yell at her and before i know it she kisses me. I hear the door open behind us as I push her off me. 

"Looks likes she's over you," Madisyn says smiling with satisfaction. 

"Screw you, Madisyn," I say as i push past her. I walk in and rush to my room knowing that was the first place she'd go. "Andrea, let me in please," i say as I pull on the door knob.

"Leave me alone, Corey. I-I don't want to make a scene. Just go back with everyone there here for you, go be with them." She said with her voice cracking. 

"Please don't cry, let me explain Dre" I say trying to open the door. As soon as I say that the door is yanked open, she basically ripped it of the hinges. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room and slammed the door. 

"Don't tell me not to cry, Corey. This fucking hurts, you can't tell me what do." she says tears streaming down her face.  I felt my heart sink knowing i was the one responsible for putting her through this. 

"Dre, please listen to me. She kissed me, I pushed her off the second she did. She means nothing to me, I have you. You're all i need, all I ever wanted. I.. I love you Andrea," I say hugging her. 

"Y-You what?" she says looking up at me. 

"I know, this wasn't the circumstances that I should've told you this," I say slightly embarrassed, "But I do mean it, I love you."

"I love you too," She says smiling at me. I pull her into a kiss, this one different than all the others. This one was full of passion, love. She was everything to me, I was finally able to call her mine, and I planned to keep it this way forever. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- I felt like I owed it to you guys to update again, thanks for your support.

Mad love xx💙