✓ | SHATTERED CHANCES ➸ PETER...

Od wickedivory

━ 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒. ❛ what a tragic fairytale ❜ in which a princess falls in love with a si... Viac

o. disclaimer
o. trailer + more
o. introduction
o. extended summary
o. epigraph
o. cast list
o. playlist
one ; a different fairytale
two ; royalty: a prison
three ; lies led to confrontation
five ; making history
six ; the girl who forgot
seven ; fish food
eight ; who stole the glory
nine ; cravings for the wicked
ten ; back to you
eleven ; motherly instincts
twelve ; it's called true love
thirteen ; such a softie
fourteen ; the forgotten times
fifteen ; never again
sixteen ; questions yet no answers
seventeen ; daydreaming
eighteen ; forever, promise?
nineteen ; greatest hero of all time
twenty ; memories lost
twenty-one ; oh dear, how silly are you...
twenty-two ; darkness rising
twenty-three ; right here
twenty-four ; love me better
twenty-five ; heroes destroy love, yes they do
twenty-six ; wish you were here
twenty-seven ; new neverland's secrets
twenty-eight ; how the mighty fall
twenty-nine ; shattered chances
thirty ; epilogue
thank you!

four ; think lovely thoughts

9.3K 410 151
Od wickedivory

iv. think lovely thoughts

━ ❝ straight on till morning ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

WAS THIS WHAT it felt like when you were in love? Because while it did feel overwhelmingly wonderful, it kinda sucked at the same time. All Arabella wanted was to actually sleep the night she and Malcolm shared their first kiss. That was a far stretch considering that she lied in her bed for hours just thinking about him. She knew their relationship could only end badly due to the fact that in time she was to marry another man. The Princess scoffed to herself. Alistair was hardly a man. In her mind, he was nothing but a mindless prince who wanted the power she would be forced to give him.

But this did not change her mood as she sat in her bed early the next morning, listening to the birds singing on her balcony. A smile adorned her face as she traced the simple design of the sheets. The girl brought a finger to her lips and continued to smile. Her mind was plagued with the memories of her and Malcolm. She dreamed of them having a life together in the future. It, unfortunately, wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Her life seemed like a curse. Arabella was forever trapped in the future her mother wanted for her. Dark waves fell in front of her face as she lowered her head down to stare at the sheets. Why couldn't she just live the life she wanted? If the Princess was ever given the choice, she would give her magic up, she'd give her royalty life up if it meant her being with Malcolm. However, it was too early in their relationship and a big leap like that frightened her. Never had she been in love before.

During breakfast, only an hour later, Arabella tried to contain her joy. Ivy and Leo both noticed. Her mother seemed skeptical because the look in her daughter's eyes she felt like she knew all too well. Love. Love was weak in the eyes of their long line of powerful beings. And if Arabella were to be the first to screw it up, the legacy would crumble with her. Ivy would fall with her as a result.

Arabella felt the burning gaze from her parents and looked up at them to see the looks they were giving her. "Is there a problem?" she asked them, her hands nervously wringing in her lap.

Ivy forced a smile, putting her hand on her cheek. "No dear, it's just....did something happen yesterday while you were in the village?"

The nice way she asked her was her way of demanding her to tell her the truth. Ivy wasn't always so forceful and upfront, especially when Leo was around. They still had a reputation as the kind and generous Queens and Princesses so she fought hard to keep that title. However, it did break whenever rules were broken and the villagers were punished by them making the soil unfertile until they pleased their rulers once more. It was the sickening yet undeniable truth.

Even if her fear of her mother was prominent, Arabella still shook her head and lied straight through her teeth. "No, the people were just very kind to me that's all. May I go again this morning?"

It didn't seem like Ivy caught her in the lie but she was still suspicious, giving her daughter a firm look of disapproval. Leo, on the other hand, was gracious, smiling. "Well, I don't see why not. Of course, you can go." The same shimmer was in his eyes.

"Thank you," Arabella said before she cleaned her mouth with her napkin. The girl stood and then kissed both of her parent's cheeks before grabbing her cloak from a nearby maid and walking to the front gate.

Queen Ivy continued eating, not shaking off the feeling she had while King Leo watched his daughter leave with a smile on his face.

———

The idea of someone having a six sense didn't ever actually seem true to her. But having magic can give you advances, some being that you know when something's wrong. Much to her dislike, this had happened multiple times since Arabella met Malcolm. And it usually had to do with his father. His pathetic excuse for a father was always behind it.

Arabella stepped out of the carriage and onto the stone floor of the village, making her way to the blacksmith. When she reached her destination, she saw the same man as always that was there and walked up to him, she saw the faint look of sadness on his face.

"Excuse me, sir, is something wrong?" Arabella asked him.

He looked up at her. "Princess, I'm afraid Malcolm does not want to see you today. He requested that I tell he doesn't wish to see you."

She tilted her head and nodded. "Oh. I'll just be on my way then." Arabella turned around and walked away. The sun beat down on her fair skin, a sneer escaping her lips. Malcolm's father was behind this, no doubt. Once again, the thought of crushing his heart in her bare hands surfaced in her mind. But she couldn't help it. This man was the reason why the boy she cared about deeply was hurting.

"Did you hear about what that man who works at the blacksmith did to his son?" a woman questioned nearby.

Arabella stopped, turning her head to see an older looking women talking with another older looking women. The two of them were huddled as if they were telling secrets. With her magic, the Princess easily listened to the conversation.

"What boy?" the other asked.

The other one looked around before replying, "Malcolm. His father, they work at the blacksmith, I heard that his father sold him to the blacksmith owner and he told them to make him work long hours and work by the fire."

Arabella tightened her fist in anger. Her magic burned in her veins with every step she took towards the blacksmith. She used her magic to teleport to the back and peeked through the window. There he was, by the fire. Malcolm poked it with a stick, wiping the sweat and grime off his face with the other hand. It only made it worse but he didn't seem to care.

The boy turned to grab a sword from the table so his green eyes were visible to her. Arabella flicked her wrist and appeared in the room. Malcolm did not notice her as he put the tip of the sword in the fire.

"Malcolm," she spoke up.

He whipped around and saw her. Red eyes and no smile looked back at her. Arabella felt her magic flare up again because this was his father's fault. She closed her eyes for a moment, then she opened them back up. "You shouldn't be here. I told them that I didn't want to see you," he told her emotionlessly.

"Please, love. You know you can talk to me."

More steps toward him and he wasn't caving. "Just go Aria," he growled through clenched teeth. He wanted her to stay. He really did. But they couldn't ever be together. And he didn't want to go through that pain of losing her to a Prince, even after he fell in love with her. Yes, he was in love with the girl he met only weeks ago and he felt stupid for it. Malcolm couldn't help himself.

"Why? Did that kiss mean nothing to you?" she asked.

"Even if it did, we can't be together anyway."

Arabella walked to him, took the sword from his hand, and set it on the table. "I know you don't mean that. That kiss meant something. You can't just let it go to waste," she said to him softly. But he wouldn't look at her. She took his hand and put it in hers as she held it close to her. "This means something. And I'm willing to fight for it. And I don't care if I'm marrying a Prince in two months. We'll figure something out because I don't care about my crown. I love you."

He finally looked at her and they just stared at one another for a moment before he kissed her passionately. Arabella kissed him back, not caring that all of the dirt that was on him now coated her dress. Malcolm pushed her so her back hit the table. She put her hands in his sweaty hair, pulling. His hand went to her back, keeping her to his chest.

They pulled away, breathing heavily. Malcolm sighed, touching her face. "Why is it that I want something I can't have?"

"You have me, Malcolm," she told him.

The boy shook his head. "No, I don't. I don't have all of you, and I never will." A frown crossed her face. "But I'm going to fight for this Arabella. Because I love you. Even if we only met each other three weeks ago, I feel like we've known each other for forever," Malcolm confessed.

Her frown disappeared and was replaced with a smile. "I love you too."

They kissed again with just as much passion, if not more. At that moment, everything felt complete. Everything felt perfect. Life was not easy, so love wasn't easy. Not every love story was as swift as others. And theirs was no exception. Their obstacles were their parents and their status. Somehow, someway, they found each other anyway and fell in love faster than expected.

———

Night had already begun to appear in the sky, peaking through the window of the blacksmith. They were forced to part ways and Arabella - knowing that she would not be able to rest - was hesitant to leave despite her knowing that she had too.

"I wish that I could just stay with you," Arabella told him as the two stood hand in hand outside of the blacksmith.

She was holding onto his hand tightly and Malcolm could tell what she was feeling. "Maybe you can."

"What?"

He clarified, licking his lips. "Tonight, when you fall asleep, I want you to tell yourself, think lovely thoughts. And then you'll see me."

The words seemed oddly put together, almost unreal. However, the way Malcolm said it made them seem like so much more. Whatever he was getting at was important to him. And if it would allow her to see him, then she'd do whatever it took.

Arabella raised an eyebrow. "That sounds rather odd."

Malcolm gave her a playful look and tugged on her hands. "Please Aria. For me," he whined, making a pouty face.

She sighed, deciding to give him what he wanted. The boy had been kind to her and had treated her like a normal person even if that was clearly not the case. Malcolm did not act differently around her and that made her more determined that she could be more than just a Princess: she could be just like any other girl in the village.

"Fine. I will," she agreed, smiling.

He grinned. "I'll see you tonight."

Arabella quickly stole a kiss and then bid him farewell, walking to the carriage that was right around the corner. Malcolm went to his room located in the blacksmith, lying down and repeating the line in his head.

Meanwhile, the girl was doing the same in her bedroom. Sneaking around her parents was awfully easy considering they were too busy with other matters anyways. Ivy was suspicious of her and Arabella knew it. Deep down she could only hope Malcolm wouldn't pay the price for her feelings for him.

Think lovely thoughts

She had only repeated the line twice, her eyes closed. Feeling the change, Arabella opened her gentle eyes to find herself on a beach. The sun shone high in the sky, making her confused. Why was the sun out when at home it was pitch black dark?

"Aria!"

The said female turned and saw Malcolm racing towards her. Arabella hurried up and ran to meet him, grabbing his hands to make sure he was real. "Wher-where are we? Am I dreaming? How is this possible?" she asked confused.

Malcolm chuckled. "This is Neverland. You can do whatever you want here. You can even fly," he told her with an excited smile.

"But flying's impossible."

"Not here. Come on, we just need to get some pixie dust. Then I'll show you around."

Malcolm kept their hands intertwined and led her along the shoreline. Waves rolled up on the sand only to retreat at their presence. The trees swayed in harmony with the wind. And the sun did not seem to be moving and stayed right where it was in the clear, blue sky.

"You better not be lying to me," Arabella said with a smile.

He smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist as he chuckled. "I promise. I'm not lying to you."

"Ok, then show me this pixie dust you speak of."

Malcolm often forgot how different the two spoke. Arabella spoke more formally while he just talked how he would with anyone else. But this was probably because they were taught by other people. In a way, it made him smile because the way she spoke was gentle and soft, melodic.

"Take off your shoes."

Arabella raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because you're not going to run into those heels are you?" Malcolm asked as he pointed to her shoes.

She knew he had a point and took off both of them. Chucking them to the ground, Malcolm tightened his grip on her hand and sprinted off. Arabella laughed in glee, following him. She was completely and helplessly in love with this boy. There was no denying it.

———

We have one more chapter of their past together and then we'll be getting to season 3. I'm thinking about incorporating what they did in the past during those chapters to make them longer because otherwise, they'd be very short.

Thoughts?

Remember To Vote On This Chapter

Comment Your Thoughts

And Follow Me For Updates!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

868 130 9
❝ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ?❞ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪɴǫᴜɪʀᴇᴅ, ᴀᴅᴊᴜsᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ɢʟᴀssᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ɴᴏsᴇ ᴀs sʜᴇ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴊᴏᴜ...
207K 8.4K 124
❝I WOULD DIE FOR YOU.❞ In which the girl known as the dark princess goes to great lengths to get her happy ending. or In which all magic com...
33.8K 749 26
Enchanted forest evilcharming fanfiction
8.5K 228 24
"Y/n L/n I've transported you here because you're heart has a true belief in fairytales. You have a destiny to fulfill, but first you must learn magi...