Love & Hate and Friends & Lov...

By Alice_Novelland

Louis is in his last year of high school. He needs to get through this year without his group of friends. Lou... More

Love & Hate and Friends & Lovers
1. Masters of Hardcore
2. First week of school
3. Hazza
4. The Assignment
6. Project China
7. Kiss or fight
8. Confusion
9. Love & Hate
10. In love?
11. Truths and lies
12. The necklace
13. Zayn
14. Outsider
15. Lovers
16. Preparing a birthday party
17. Nialler
18. Awakenings
19. Birthday Party
Note/not an update
20. Guilty pleasure
21. Apologies & forgiveness
22. Mr. & Mrs. Malik
23. Family
24. The moment of truth
25. Love Hurts
26. Happiness
27. Introduction
28. Bitch
NOTE/NOT AN UPDATE
29. Date
30. Zayn's Friends
31. Diary
32. Decision
33. Breaking up
34. Heartbreak
35. Exams
36. Prince Charming
37. Celebrating
38. Final chapter

5. Liam

1K 43 5
By Alice_Novelland

AN: Thank you Munii for your comments on my story. I hope other people comment or vote on my story (if you like it). and if you don't like it, tell me why :)

That's it for now. Hope you enjoy this (Liam) chapter. 

 -----

“Tom, leave me the fuck alone!” I hiss at my little brother. I know that you might think I have anger issues, but really I don’t. People are just in my way, that’s all. Just like my brother Thomas. Why does he always have to bother me at the most awful times?

Thomas ignores my needs as he jumps on my bed. “Nooo,” he whines. “We play!”

“MUM!” I scream from my bedroom. “How can I stop him?”

“Louis, stop! He is not an object that you can command,” she yells from the bathroom.

“I know that! I wasn’t doing that! AHHH!” I scream frustrated. “I just want him to leave me alone, I want to sleep.”

“You can’t expect him to understand that, he just wants to play,” my mother says as she walks inside my room.

I sigh deeply. “I know, but it’s just freaking annoying.” He always has to wake me up in the early mornings with his exciting little voice. I hate early mornings. So technically he is the problem for my temper, because I can’t have a normal night of sleep.

“Lou?” Thomas begs as he shows his superman doll at me. “Play?”

“Why don’t you play with him?” my mother suggests. “It’s not like you have to get up for school or anything.”

“Okay fine,” I groan.

Thomas jumps excitedly and somehow I feel a small smile appear on my face. My little brother can be a little piece of shit, but all he wants is to play with me. He wants to spend time with me. And just like my mother said so casually a minute ago; it’s not like I have to go to school or anything.

This is my second week of suspension. I have 6 more days to go before I have to go to school again. Six more days before I have to work with Zayn on our assignment. I don’t want to admit it, but I’ve been thinking about it a lot. Most of the time I fucking hate it and I think about ways to get out of it, but there is also a very small part of me that is actually looking forward to it. I’m definitely not going to tell anyone about that little part of me that seems a bit excited. I’ve discussed it with myself and have come to the conclusion that I’m only slightly thrilled about it because I like to fight and get furious. I like to argue and Zayn is the perfect candidate to lash out to and yell at him. Besides, he probably feels the same way. So in a weird was this is a win-win situation.

-----

As it turns out, Liam has stopped his study Economics. He didn’t like it and he just didn’t feel like it was the right path for him. Or so I’ve heard from Harry.

Liam is a regular guest at the sport club and they offered him a job. Lucky bastard! He will start next week. So that leaves Liam a week at home. Just like me.

I’m on my way to his house. I asked him if I could come over and he happily agreed. It will be weird, because in all those years that we have been friends I’ve never been along with him. He is the only one in the group that I haven’t hung out with by myself; we were always with the group. I really don’t know what to expect. We shall see….

I take a deep breath before I ring his doorbell. Liam opens the door almost immediately.

“Hey Lou,” he smiles.

“Hey.”

I follow Liam inside to the living room. I’ve been at his house before, but normally his family and our other friends are here as well. Now, everyone is at school or at work. It’s so quiet and it feels kind of awkward.
I sit down on the couch and I look around me. After looking at random stuff like a wooden table and a vintage lamp my eyes drift off to Liam.

“Do you want something to drink?” he asks me as I study his face. Liam has a square jawline and thick eyebrows which make him look very masculine. But he also has large, brown eyes that radiate kindness and thicker lips that are formed into a friendly smile which makes him look softer. It’s an interesting combination of hard and soft. Of course I already know all of this, since I’ve known him for a couple of years. However, I’ve never looked at him with so much detail. Studying his face is not what I normally do whenever we hang out. But I just need to look at something, I need to do something and at the moment Liam is the only thing that fascinates me.

“Some coke please,” I reply with an awkward smile.

When Liam returns with the drinks he sits down next to me but with a rather large distance. He hands me my drink and we briefly smile at each other.
There is an awkward vibe in the room. I don’t know why it feels so tense, so weird, but I think it’s because we miss Emma’s blunt remarks, Niall’s hyperactive behavior and Harry’s weird stories.

I take a gulp from my drink and notice that Liam is drinking water.

“You’re drinking water?” I ask teasingly.

“Yes,” he laughs. “I try to live healthier; less partying and training harder.”

“Training for the gym?”

He nods. “Yeah, you probably heard from Hazza right?”

“He said you got a job at your gym, congrats!”

He smiles widely. “Thanks, I’m so happy. At first I can only work as an assistant-personal trainer, since I haven’t gotten the right diploma, but I’m going to follow courses so after a while I can be a personal trainer.”

“That’s great, especially when your study didn’t seem to work out.”

“Yeah,” he agrees. “I just don’t think college is for me.”

“Same here, can’t I be a professional partygoer?” I question teasingly. The tension seems to be gone and the conversation is flowing nicely.

Liam laughs. “Yeah maybe you can, I think you would be amazing.”

“Thanks,” I beam.

“But anyway,” he continues. “I really want to be taken seriously at the gym, so I have to get more muscular, built up you,” he explains.

I’ve never seen Liam without his shirt on, he isn’t a nudist like Harry is, but I have seen his biceps through his shirts. He seems pretty muscular to me. “I think you’re alright.”

Without any warning he suddenly takes off his shirt and an inaudible gasp escapes my mouth. For fuck’s sake Liam has such a wonderful body!

Liam explains what areas he needs to work on, but honestly I’m barely listing as I stare at his body.  If I don’t stop myself I’m going to drool, but I can’t take my eyes off of him. His muscles are dragging me towards them.

“Well… as far as I can see,” I admit in a squeaky, high-pitched voice, “You don’t have to do a lot more training.”

He chuckles at my reaction. “I don’t think you’ve seen the guys I’ll be working with. They are really big and have like less than 5 percent body fat.”

He puts his shirt back on. Bummer.

“I think your body looks perfect,” I flop out. Jeez, what am I thinking complimenting my friends’ body?

Liam coughs and scratches the back of his neck in what seems discomfort.

We sit there for a while in an awkward silence.

“So, how are you?” he asks me after a while.

“Me?” I stammer in surprise. The question comes out of the blue and I really don’t know how to answer it. I don’t feel really good after everything that has happened, but I think I feel slightly better now that I don’t have to constantly lie in my bed.  “I’m alright.”

“Alright? What’s wrong Louis?” he inquires, looking at me with a serious and supportive expression.

I’m perplexed by his interest. Normally we don’t talk about personal stuff. And whenever one of us is down we try to cheer the person up by, of course: hardcore music, beer and weed.

I start talking and unintentionally I tell the whole story. I don’t leave out a single detail. It’s such a relief to finally tell everything. It comes up like vomit, I keep talking and talking. And Liam listens very attentively.

When I’m finally ready with the whole story, which mostly was about that Zayn guy, he speaks up: “can I be honest? I think you should do that assignment with Zayn. You can at least try.”

Now it’s my turn to listing attentively to what he has to say. I’m already thankful by his first words. He is the first person out of the group who doesn’t immediately starts to shout angrily at Zayn for calling me a racist.

“You’ll always have people at school or later at work who you don’t like, but you still have to deal and work with them. And maybe he isn’t that bad,” he continues.

I nod. I feel so relieved with this answer. I don’t know why, but it makes me feel so much better. Weird huh?

“Thank you, I think I agree.”

“No problem, it probably felt good to get that of your chest.”

“Yeah it did. It felt like uncontrollable vomit that I just had to take out. Ha-ha, that sounds very nasty,” I say between laughter.

“Do you want to do something fun? Watch a movie or..?”

I interrupt him and propose to go outside.

He pouts. “Why? It’s cold outside.”

I laugh. “Don’t worry, you have a strong body to protect you,” I remark playfully, grinning at him. Now that ‘the vomit’ is gone I start to think about his body again… great.

He laughs awkwardly, seemingly uncomfortable.

Maybe I’m being really inappropriate and a bad friend of he just doesn’t take compliments well. I’ll go with the second explanations because I don’t consider myself a bad friend. It would be kind of awesome if Liam is a bit shy when he is obviously very good looking. I hate guys who are extremely hot but are arrogant and self-absorbed. Those guys know that they are so handsome and flaunt it in front of everybody, preferably with millions of selfies. You don’t see that very often in the gabber world. People are more focused on the music and friends. That is one of the many other reasons why I love this style so much. Of course there are exceptions, even between the gabbers there are arrogant people. Last year at a hardcore party Emma, or better said Bitch, saw a girl that wore a shirt with the text: ‘I’m so close to perfect, it scares me. Being a Bitch as she can be, she told the girl she was also scared. Obviously the girl didn’t understand what Emma was talking about so she tried to explain it. She said that she would also be scared of herself when you never know when your fake hair, eyelashes or nails. I laughed so hard. Emma can be a real bitch, but this girl sort of had it coming with her shirt.

“Come, we’re going outside,” I say demanding and I grab him by his upper arm. I can feel his big biceps and it takes an immense willpower to stop thinking about Liam's body. If I won't stop now, I'll probably get turned on, by my friend Liam. Oh dear god, what is happening to me?

-----

“I had fun,” Liam says as we walk back towards his house.

“Me too,” I nod with a smile. I really did have fun with Liam. At first I was really nervous and I didn’t know what to expect, but it was really fun and easy.

“If you want, you can come by tomorrow again? It’s not like you have school or anything,” he teases.

“Okay, why not?” I wouldn’t see why I wouldn’t go to Liam again. I truly had a nice time with him and I feel like I get to know him better. This is rather silly, given the fact that we have been friends for over four years. Apparently I didn’t know him that well. I certainly didn’t know he had this amazing body. Stop it, Tomlinson! Don’t think about that.

“I’ll see you tomorrow. Not too early, okay?”

I raise my eyebrows. “Who do you think I am? I might have a slight anger problem, but I’m not crazy!”

Liam grins. “Hmmm…if you say so. Bye!” And with that he enters his house and closes his door.
“Oh you wait and see how crazy I am!’ I yell at his door.

With a smile plastered on my face I walk towards home. I feel a lot better after hanging out with Liam for a day. All that stress that I felt the last couple of days is completely gone! I’m not that worried anymore about the assignment and I’m certainly not worried about that Zayn guy. Only I’m still a bit pissed. Why? Well…you know me. I always have to be at least slightly angry, or let me rephrase that: when it comes to this year, I'm always at least slightly angry. Beforehand I was like this angel… a perfect angel.

I can already hear Harry’s laugh inside my head. Okay, maybe I am crazy and I’m certainly no angel, I’ve always been more of a rogue.

----------

Since Tuesday, I have visited Liam daily. It’s really fun and I'm not completely bored out of my mind with sitting at home. There are still a few silent moments, but they are not that uncomfortable. I feel like I’ve gain a new friend, or better said: a better friend. We can laugh together, but we can also talk about serious stuff. He is a really great guy and I’m surprised he still doesn’t have a girlfriend (or boyfriend?). I think people have to know him a little better and then they can see what I see now: a great, HOT, nice and funny guy.

Although for me, he can never be Harry. Nobody can replace him. Just thinking about Harry makes me ache for him. Thankfully I’ll see him tonight! He was very busy the last couple of days, but he still called and texted me whenever he could.

If there is something in my life people should be jealous about, it is definitely my friends. I have the greatest friends in the whole world!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 334 41
Louis has always thought love was stupid and it didn't exist. Even if it did, it never did for him. He loathes love stories and love songs and everyt...
10.5K 348 19
"louis don't fucking look his way ever again." ha, since when has louis ever done what he was told? long story short, harry is a freshman in high...
30.6K 1.8K 37
✓Completed There was so many expectations for me when I moved into a new city with my best friend, but the last thing I expected was to fall for a bl...
116K 2.7K 20
Niall is not a normal teenager. At school people are mean to him. At home, his so called "father"[step-dad really] is hurting him, physically and ver...