Chasing Badβœ”[Rewritten][Curre...

By kalonanomalous

**WINNER OF THE REBEL AWARDS 2017** Noelle Roberts, a girl who has lost one parent to suicide and se... More

Chasing Bad
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Rebel Awards
Side Note

Chapter 36

13.8K 623 135
By kalonanomalous

Rather Be, Nightcore

Quote;

In life we can't get everything we want,
We can let it destroy us or rise up.

Chapter 36.
       Isaac's POV.

"What you been doin' lately? I been locked up for the last couple years, oughta have something interestin' to tell me." Trevor inquires, slurping loudly on his drink.

I lean back in the chair, letting my eyes wander over all of the people around us. Funny how even when your life is falling apart, everything continues to go on as if hell hasn't been released. Life's funny like that.

Shrugging, I pick at my food. "Met this girl a while ago."

Trevor smacks the table, doubling over with dramatic amusement. He wipes the Pepsi away from his chin and he snorts, "Let's be real though, what girl saw somethin' in you?"

"Wow, thanks."

"Anytime, just lookin' out for you."

"Her name is Noelle, she's one of the most complicated people I've ever met." I inform, putting a piece of chicken into my mouth. "She's really something.. we're friends, sort of."

Trevor fiddles with his earring, staring at me suspiciously. "You for real? You met someone more difficult than you are? Hell must've frozen over."

"Ha ha, you're such a comedian."

"No, I'm being for real." Trevor responds, "But thanks for takin' notice." He winks, leaning forward slightly with a crooked smirk.

Rolling my eyes I go on to tell Trevor all about her, from the moment we met all the way up to now. Trevor's eyes sparkle with amusement as I recall the time she slapped me. He picks up his cup, slurping up the last of his drink before setting the cup back down on the table.

"So, when do I get to meet this Nicole?"

"Her name is Noelle, and I plan on stayin' away from her."

Trevor purses his lips, looking as though my words have left a bad taste in his mouth. "You one of them new dumbs, ain't ya?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You just told me how you opened up to this chick, she saw and was there for you through Gavin's death. Now you gonna dump her?" He criticizes with a sigh of irritation. "Damn, and my social worker tell me I got problems."

The sound of laughter captures my attention and I turn to see Noelle and her friend Paige, walking over to a line of people ordering. Trevor follows my gaze and I turn to see a smirk on his face. I need to stop telling him things.

"The girl with the wrap on her head Naomi?"

"For the second time, her name is Noelle!" I retort. "And no, it's a hijab and her name is Heidi."

"A hi- what? Oh, them those religious head coverings."

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I nod slowly. "Yeah, okay."

He gets up with little care for my protests and strolls over to them. Biting the inside of my cheek, I watch as they interact. Trevor winks at me and gestures in my direction, and all three of them look in my direction.

Shyly, I wave and turn away from them. Bouncing my leg I stare my phone and then the empty container of food that belongs to Trevor. Seriously, I'm going to kill him.

"Why you lookin' all tense?"

Looking over to see Trevor sitting down, I glare. "What'd you say to her?"

"Nothin' much, told her my name, that we friends. Worked my charm, you know the deal."

"What charm?"

"Real funny man, real funny."

Screwing the cap on the flask, I lean my head back. Staring up at the ceiling, my eyes trace over the holes and peeled paint. A knock comes from the door and I groan, standing up, I trudge over towards the door.

I open it and am greeted by a tentative smile, one that doesn't quite reach Noelle's eyes. Letting her inside, she steps past me and I close the door behind her. For a moment we stand there, both of us unsure of what to say to the other.

"Why are you here?" I ask, coming across a lot more harsh than intended.

She scratches the back of her neck, meeting my gaze. "Just wanted to know if we were still good, you left in a bit of a hurry yesterday so.."

"I'm fine."

"You make enough money for the burial yet?"

Folding my arms, I shake my head. "No, I need about five hundred fifty more dollars."

I head into the living room, well if you can even call it that, and she follows. Sitting down beside me, we sit in an awkward silence as I flip through the channels. Coming across Paw Patrol, I set down the remote. Gavin used to love this show.

After staring at the television for a few minutes I hand her the remote. My eyes become glossy and I release a breath I wasn't aware I was holding once she changes the channel. Fighting back the tears, I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

She puts her arms around me and I lean into her, welcoming the warmth. Feeling myself relax against her, Noelle rests her cheek against my forehead. What is this girl doing to me?

Readjusting my body so her head lays on my shoulder, I hold her closer, not wanting to ever let her go. We stay like this until she falls asleep, the gentle rise and fall of her chest calming me. Never in a million years had I imagined I'd feel so confused about someone, much less a girl. But here I am..

Gently laying her head on the nearest pillow I stand up, putting her feet on the couch. The door opens and I turn to see Trevor, holding a small paper bag. He walks and stands beside me, looking at Noelle and then me with a mischievous grin.

"You ain't good at stayin' away."

Tell me about it.. at this point I don't think I want to. When her arms wrapped around me in an attempt to comfort me, I felt like a little kid again. Only this time I actually felt safe. In her arms there was no place I'd rather be, and I think she felt it too..

I hate this.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you think of
Trevor's personality?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.1K 63
Emancipated Noelle is trying to run from her past. What happens when she breaks down in Charming? Can he save her from herself? Written two years ago.
2.2M 69.6K 42
Highest Ranking: #2 in ChickLit | 16/01/19 Highest Ranking: #13 in Teen Fiction | 09/04/19 Highest Ranking: #24 in Romance | 16/09/19 He acted out be...
1K 135 14
||Highest Ranking: #33 in CHICKLIT.|| It takes years to build a strong friendship which lasts forever. But this wasn't true for Pritha Kripan and Diy...
1.8M 57.4K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...