The Call Of A Mute Heart

Por Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 49

619 23 20
Por Arzuera

Clasping the love tuner and snowflake pendant that were draped in a single strand around your neck in your hand, you paced the small strip of backstage where you waited for your cue. Nervous anxiety was coming off you in waves and you were surprised that none of the stagehands or other technicians nearby were being affected by it. How could they not feel the same thing you were feeling? How could they be so calm and go about their jobs as if this was another day?

Okay, Okay! Enough of that! You mentally slapped yourself since one of your hands held the pendants and the other held the violin that Mettaton had gotten you in Germany. Your steps slowed to a stop while you took a few deep breaths to steady your nerves. There was still time before you had to go out. Plenty of time to get out of this stage fright kind of mindset. Sure you practiced on stage several times but the room was empty. This was different. You needed to think about something else but... it was hard... because...

This was it.

Tonight was the night.

Everything you had been working towards for the past couple of months was about to come to fruition. Whether it would be good or bad was now completely on your shoulders.

Glancing around one of the curtains that had your person hidden backstage, screams and cheers filled the arena sized auditorium as music pooled in from the massive speakers placed around the room. Every spot in the mosh pit and seats were filled to make this concert a full house. It was body to body out there. A completely different atmosphere compared to practicing to an empty room. Your body shuddered in dread and you shook your head frantically. Stop! Now was not the time to have a freak out. You've been practicing for months just for this concert. This was your dream! This was what you had always wanted. You weren't going to be singing but you will be performing center stage as Mettaton's equal. Everyone cheering for you both as your songs filled the speakers! Yet, why do your legs feel like they are made of cement? This feeling didn't make sense!

"Bring out your SOUL and let me take a stand.

I want to see it dance about,

It will be beautiful! This I have no doubt.

I'm more than just some metal parts.

So don't tell me I'm wrong

Or I'll make you Reset to start,

By the end of this song!"

The concert was in full swing as Mettaton strutted into view with elegant practiced ease. His sultry voice spilling from the speakers making the audience go even more wild than they already were. Not Just A Robot. The song that was going to be played right before the debut of your winning song followed up by the song you wrote after your heart scare. The one where you both were supposed to come out and play. It would only be a few more seconds before this song would taper off and the large TV screens around the stage would come to life with the music video for Lost Little Songbird.

There was time but now there was even less...

Taking a few more deep breaths, you decided to think about everything that had led up to this moment. Maybe a reminder of all your hard work would boost your confidence and quell the anxiety that was making your heart jump in place.

The impromptu date to the Japanese festival, that got you your fish babies, was the last day you really had any time for yourself. The next couple of months were a whirlwind of activity and you weren't given much of a chance to do anything outside of work for a while. Everyday was dedicated to preparing for the upcoming performance. Dance practice became a daily thing, whether it was with Mettaton or BP. One of them was always with you and as the day of the concert loomed closer you practiced less in the little dance studio and more on the actual stage. It was exhilarating to finally be able to prance out on the stage as if you owned it. Even if it was just Mettaton, BP, and a few of the techies setting stuff up who witnessed it.

When you weren't at dance practice, you were doing absolutely anything you could to help set up. With a certain purple rabbit monster tailing your every move; you helped costume designers get measurements and make adjustments, relayed messages from one group of workers to another, got a hold of Mettaton when others really needed him but couldn't (one time you may have given him the robot equivalent of a heart attack when one of the set designers had dropped a can of wet red paint all over you making you look like a murder victim.), and several other tasks you could barely remember off the top of your head.

You hardly had time to hang out like you used to and thankfully your friends understood and respected that. Sans and Papyrus would stop by sometimes at the studio and kidnap you to a restaurant so that you would eat something. Sans also texted frequently. Thanks to Mettaton, BP, and Hoppity, you were never really alone. Even though, you knew it was because of the threats against monsters that seem to have increased as the date of the concert got closer. It was still nice.

The music of the song Mettaton was singing faded out and the entire auditorium went dark. Bringing you out of your reminiscing and back to the present. Audience members ooed at the darkness as the TV's blared on and the music video began to play. The haunting melody of a violin began to lilt out and a single spotlight struck the robot idol who was standing center stage with a microphone to his lips.

"Little Song bird

Where have you gone?

Is there anything wrong?"

Mettaton's voice matched the violin as the music began to slowly pick up into the next verse. The audience was dead silent. Stuck in a willing trance as they allowed the music to have it's moment unmarred by their voices.

"My little song bird

Please come back to me!

I want to be everything you need."

The music started to hit it's proper rhythm and all the lights kicked on to the delighted cries of the audience members. Techno began to fuse with the orchestra so smoothly that it began to bring tears to your eyes.

This was it.

Your song. Completed. After months of collaboration and hard work, your song was now out to be heard by the public. You, finally, made it...

"I'm all alone

Trapped underground, full of dark spaces

But here I am now, in front of thousands of faces

Don't Stop! I've gotta

explore the surface.

For my songbird and my own purpose."

The robot monster danced across the stage in slow elegant movements that matched the pacing of the song. Unlike the other music numbers he had performed earlier, Mettaton was putting a lot more effort into his movements. When his head whipped to the side, he saw you watching him from the sidelines and gave you a playful wink. Continuing with the song without missing a beat even though a bright blush formed on your face.

"I'm center stage with my face shown...

But I can't do this on my own.

This place is far from underground

With the darkness and small spaces.

Up on stage I'm crowned

And I've been thousands of places.

Songbird, This is your choice.

Please allow me to be your voice."

Audience members began to cheer as Mettaton brought the song into its second phase by singing the second chorus.

"Darling, please come back

Because you are all that I need.

You can believe me,

My little song bird,

To protect your fragile heart.

My dear, I'm here!

Even when it all goes dark!"

Lights flash on the stage but not in a way that was to distracting away from Mettaton or the monitors that were playing the music video in time to the robot's singing. Even though he was singing, it was like he was making minimal dance movements as well. As if to give all of the hard work you and everyone have done its proper spotlight instead of easily taking it all for himself.

"You and me, our souls

Are intertwined.

Your fate has crossed over mine,

As if built by a grand design!

The underground is in my past

Now darling I need to find you fast.

When your alone is when I fear,

Because I need to have you here!

I need to see that fragile heart.

Protecting it my new purpose,

So don't let us stay a part,

You being gone is making me nervous.

I will do it for you.

I will do it for the surface.

Cuz it's all true,

You are both my new purpose.

Darling, please don't be all alone.

You mean more to me than you could ever have known."

You watched him transfixed even though you knew the end of the song was coming up. The audience was dancing in their spots and a few were catcalling on occasion. Your hand tightened its hold on your violin while the other released your love tuner and pendant to have them fall back into place. Heading over to your spot, you held your head high as you watched the rest of the performance of your song, Not caring that you had tear tracks trailing down your cheeks. It was a good thing the makeup they put you in was water proof.

"Little Song bird

Where have you gone?

Is there anything wrong?

My little song bird

Please come back to me!

I want to be everything you need.

Darling, please come back

Because you are all that I need.

You can believe me,

My little song bird,

To protect your fragile heart.

My dear, I'm here!

Even when it all goes dark!

My little songbird...."

The song tapered off to the overwhelming applause of the audience. Mettaton does a small bow as the lights return to a normal brightness to reveal the entire stage and the TV's faded to black. You drank in all of the attention for your song... for your hard work. Your heart and SOUL swelling with pride at the fact that everyone thoroughly enjoyed the music you had helped create. From now on... was this going to be a regular thing? If it was then you weren't ever going to leave.

Mettaton straightened up on stage. Watching your reaction out of the corner of his one visible eye while he allowed the audience to carry on a lot longer than normal just for you. He flicks the microphone off so that the one that he was wearing on his head was the only one that was currently working as he brought his hands up to clap for you as well. It took all your will power to not break down into a sobbing bumbling mess right then and there.

"Thank you! Thank you, my darlings! But I can't take all of the credit on this one." the robot star stated as he turned his attention back to the massive crowd that had slowly gone silent as his words made their way out of the speakers. "As you all know, I held a song contest to commemorate my one year debut on the surface and that, my beauties, was the collaboration of the winning song written by none other than, (y/n)! I want you to give her a big round of applause!" Without any hesitation, the crowd responds to his words. Their combined cheers and thumping making the entire auditorium shake under the volume. The vibrations were so strong you could feel it all the way in your spot backstage. "Now... speaking of the little Songbird, she wanted to do something special for you all and who am I to say no to that? I hope you enjoy this next song because this one has taken a lot of time to put together."

The lights dimmed as Mettaton made his way into his position and you readied your violin on your shoulder. This was it. All of your hard work was about to be a total hit or a complete flop. It was now or never. The background music began to play and you took your cue. With practiced movements, you waltzed out on stage. The calming steady thrum of the violin's vibrations steadying your nerves as you played the beginning of the song.

"When I go

Outside

will it be

The end of me?

Will I die?

Will I be fine?

Or will you be

The last thing I see?"

Mettaton's voice matched the pace of the slow beginning perfectly as he moved on the opposite side of the stage towards you. Once again, the audience has gone quiet so that they could listen without any kind of noise interruption. It was wonderful but at the same time terrifying. Did they hate it so far? Did they like it?

"Forever, locked in my house

To afraid to even go out.

I forgot who I was

As the world continued about.

Now I want to be out there

With you

This odd feeling in my chest

Is something I never knew."

You both met at the center and flitted around each other as if you couldn't actually touch the other. Not that you could with both of your hands occupied with a violin. Your heart swells with more pride as you hit the moves and notes perfectly without making a single mistake. Your feet moving as if they had a mind of their own. Even the audience was starting to get into the song because there were small scattered cheers as the song picked up from its slow gait.

"I don't want to go

Please stay here with me

As long as my fragile heart allows me to be.

It's cracked and imperfect

But it can't control my being anymore.

I will live my life

Even if the rhythm ceases in my core."

Everything was going just as Mettaton had planned out all those months ago. A big grin was plastered on your face as you allowed your body to get into the music. The motions livening up your movements a bit more. Making them seem less forced and more personal. You caught your boyfriend's eye and he had just enough time to send a playful wink your way that had you blushing as you made your way away from him towards the edge of the stage.

You found me

Now don't let me go.

If you do it might...

Be the end of the show."

WHAM WHAM WHAM!

The distinct sound of several heavy things striking the ground behind you had you almost pausing in your movements to see what was going on. Deciding to improv a small bit, you twirled around so that you strutted backwards to see just what was going on. Only to have to scramble back in a much less elegant manner as a large heavy sandbag landed in the spot you had been standing just moments before. There was a small line of them all following your journey back to center stage.

You paled. There was no reason for these things to be suddenly falling on stage like this. Ever since the accident that had spurred on one of your most deadliest attacks, Mettaton had taken it upon himself to make sure to triple check everything that was up on the cat walks to make sure they were secure. Stage lights, sandbags, whatever else, they were checked to ensure there was no chance in them falling and possibly hurting someone else again. So why were they falling..?

"With the way things are going... everything will be coming to a head soon. Very soon. I fear that the upcoming concert may be a target for whatever those groups are planning."

Asgore's words had you twirling around to check on Mettaton only to find that he was in a similar situation. A trial of sandbags followed the robot's wake as he continued the song though he was treating this part as an instrumental to focus on dodging the continued onslaught of sandbags just like you. Though somehow you were still managing to not miss a note on the violin. All of that practice was really paying off in one of them most unorthodox ways.

But there was no denying what was going on. It was happening.

You were under attack.

"You helped me when

I was to scared to try.

You held me up when

All I wanted to do was cry."

Mettaton continued to sing as you both made improved movements on the stage but even with your nonchalant exteriors the energy that the audience had before changed into a kind of worried confusion.

You shared a look with Mettaton and he seemed to reach the same conclusion that you were. This place was packed. You could see shadowed figures up on the catwalk but they were so far away you couldn't make out their faces. It was only a matter of time before the audience realized that this wasn't part of the show and if that happened things would only escalate from there. People could panic and when people panic... a lot of them could get hurt. There was only one thing that the two of you could do right now and that was distract and act like nothing was wrong.

Security lined the entire place. It was only a matter of time until the ones responsible were caught so you had to last until the end of the song. As fear spiked in your being you kept up your movements. You could last until then.

"Come, take my hand

And come on stage with me.

This stage is no longer just my own.

It's for us both, don't you see?"

Suddenly, the entire auditorium was descended into darkness as you flitted away from Mettaton a little ways down stage. You kept moving despite the darkness, though there was no need to dance since no one could see it. There was no way you were going to catch a stray sandbag on the head because you stopped moving in the dark. The catwalks were lit up occasionally by colored lights. Sometimes blue, sometimes orange. There wasn't much you could really do about it though so you chose to worry about what was going on in front of you.

Though since you were blinded, you kept playing the violin as you made your way back over to Mettaton. It would be safer closer to him since his eyes can see in any type of situation. One of the many benefits of having a robot body. Then there was a sound that made you blood run cold.

It was a bang. Followed by a series of other bangs that made your ears ring at just how loud they were since they were close by. You frantically looked around in the darkness as your mind tried to put together where exactly you had heard those sounds before. Why were they familiar-

Gunshots.

Those had been gunshots.

Not feeling any pain, you knew that you hadn't been hit but there was only one other person on the stage at the same time as you. Mettaton. You could hear the confused cries from the crowd but you honestly didn't give a damn about them right now. It's not like they could really hear the shots over the background music anyway. You were running over towards your boyfriend's last known position on stage as quickly as your trembling legs would allow. The violin clattering loudly as you dropped it.

Slowly, your eyes adjusted to the new lack of lighting. You could see the robot star slumped over making you want to scream out to him. The song was long forgotten and the music was playing without the violin but you could hear a voice yelling just above it.

"You just couldn't stop. Could you? I gave you multiple nice chances to pack it all up and go but NO! Instead, you RUINED MY CAREER!"

The voice had you stopping several feet away from Mettaton. Your body was screaming at you to run away as the very person that has been haunting you came into view. Koppel.

The poor excuse for a man held a pistol pointed right at Mettaton's head. Smoke billowing from the barrel due to the recent firing. He was glaring at the weakened monster until his eyes glanced up and he caught sight of you. His angry snarl morphed into a menacing smirk. "I was someone once." the man stated simply as his gaze never wavered from your frozen form. "My columns meant something to people. I was important and wanted. But now... I can't even get a job delivering a local newspaper. You ruined my credibility. You RUINED my life. And for what?" He scoffed as he used his free hand to gesture to you then to Mettaton. "The novelty of a monster that will probably fade? Not only that it's only a matter of time before they are all thrown back under the mountain or turned into a scientist's guinea pigs. Then what will have all of this 'pro-monster' shit had been for? Absolutely nothing!"

You flinched at the sheer amount of venom he put into his words as Koppel turned his attention back to Mettaton. "You took everything from me. Now I'll take everything from you." The pistol that he held raised to point directly at your heart. "Let's see if she survives this heart attack."

His finger slowly began to pull the trigger but Mettaton was up as quick as a flash. He kicked the hand that held the gun hard and the deadly weapon was launched high into the air. Koppel let out a cry of pain but it was cut off when he received a pink boot to the gut that sent him sprawling backwards several feet. Catching the gun as it descended, the robot emptied the clip and released the bullet in the barrel before twisting the weapon into nothing but gnarled metal.Without giving the human a break, Mettaton advanced and grabbed Koppel by the neck. Hoisting the man into the air as if he were a piece of paper.

"I will never let you hurt her again." With more strength than he needed, the robot threw Koppel backstage hard and all you could hear was the distinct sound of a crash as he hit whatever it was back there.

Mettaton stared at the spot he had thrown the human hard until a few minutes passed with your new song's background music playing on a loop. Then he visibly relaxed and made his way back over to you. Whatever happened backstage was good enough that he would leave Koppel where he was. "Well, sweetheart, I'd say that will be the last we see of him. Looks like Asgore was right after all..."

The fear that held your body prisoner began to dissipate when he put his hand on your shoulder. But now that he was close you could see just how hurt he was. His entire chassis was riddled with bullet holes and in some spots sparks flew out from the damaged electrical parts. His smile was strained and you could see that the LED of his lights were getting dimmer by the second.

He was hurt. Mettaton was hurt very badly. Your hands flitted over him. You wanted to touch him. To hold him. To demand if he was okay but your mind was in overdrive. You didn't know where you could actually do that without making something worse or possibly electrocuting yourself. He chuckled softly as he caught both of your hands in one of his own while the other wiped away the tears that were running nonstop at this point. "It's okay. I'll be alright. Everything damaged is completely replaceable. Were you hurt?" Shaking your head, the rest of the tension in his body left completely as a static like noise came out from the headset that he was wearing.

"Mettaton, Songbird, are you two alright? The lights will be back on in just a moment. All people involved have been caught as far as we know. Would you like us to start escorting people out of the building?" the voice on the other end was BP and you could hear the worry through the static.

Pushing a button on his headset, Mettaton rubbed comforting circled on the palm of your hand with his thumb. "We're both fine. I'll need you to tell Alphys to be ready for an all-nighter though."

"Why?"

"You'll find out soon enough." As he spoke, the robot led you over to your discarded violin and picked it up so that you could take it and the bow from him. Needing to give your hands something to do, you immediately began tuning it and checking to see if it had been damaged from the fall. "As for escorting everyone out... I know people are probably wondering what is going on but I think we played it up enough for everyone to think that this was part of the show. I don't want to cause a panic and have anyone get hurt."

"What do you plan on doing then? Are you able to even finish the rest of the concert?"

"Probably not..." Mettaton muttered to himself and you watched him closely. The lights in his eyes were at half of what they normally were. "But I can finish this song and close it out like that. Do you think you can continue, Songbird? I can understand completely if-" You shook your head violently. Adrenaline was still kicking in and your body was wired. You needed to do something. You needed to move. If you could help keep everyone calm by finishing out the song then you could do it.

"That's my girl." the robot idol whispered and leaned down as if to kiss you but stopped. Thinking better of it he gave you an apologetic smile. "I owe you one for later."

"You owe me a hell of a lot more than that!" you signed to him after putting the bow in your armpit so you could do so. Your emotions were a complete jumbled mess right now so you were choosing to shove them down for now. This was to surreal. Had this really just happened?

Mettaton chuckled. "Okay, I'll be in your debt. But for now we need to get back into position. BP have Blooky bring the song back to where we left off and bring the lights back once we are in position. Have the lighting crew make it flashy. As if this was entirely on purpose. Like we were dragging it out."

"On it. Lights will be up in 5."

As if in a trance, you made your way back to your previous position and shouldered your violin while facing the robot. He gives you a reassuring smile but you couldn't really give him one in return. This entire situation was insane. He could have died. YOU could have died.

However, you weren't allowed to dwell on those thoughts long as the entire auditorium was lit up in a beautiful display of colors. The background music had made its way back to where you had stopped and you began playing where you left off with Mettaton picking up the vocals again.

"So let us get up

And amaze the crowd!

I will persevere!

I will make you proud!"

The confused chatter of the crowd erupted into cheers as everything came together in a dazzling display. You danced as you played with renewed vigor. As if this was the last dance you could ever do.

"I don't want to go

Please stay here with me

As long as my fragile heart allows me to be.

It's cracked and imperfect

But it can't control my being anymore.

I will live my life

Even if the rhythm ceases in my core."

Mettaton made his way towards center stage at the same time you did. The both of you taking care to dodge the sandbags that were scattered on the floor. You almost tripped once but Mettaton made it look like it was on purpose as he caught you and dipped you as you both stood center stage to the cheers of the crowd. His voice carrying the last lyrics with a much heavier meaning.

"I am no longer afraid

Even if I begin to fade.

This life is now mine.

As long as I am with you, I will be fine."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

91.4K 2.9K 18
The monsters have been liberated from the Underground by Frisk. You didn't mind the monsters, they were nice. You befriended Frisk, Toriel, Nabstablo...
25.2K 627 29
You are saved from being physically abused in public by a skeleton walking by. He helps you but your journey isn't over. From having a sex addict boy...
62.9K 2.7K 26
(Y/n) has had a rough life, how could it get any worse? Let's let G answer that. ~~ This is a Complete Rewrite of Hold Still! I don't own any of the...
10.5K 217 22
you cannot talk. you have a notebook and pencil you carry around with you everywhere. you've never talked. everything you do is silent. a single soft...