Chasing Bad✔[Rewritten][Curre...

By kalonanomalous

**WINNER OF THE REBEL AWARDS 2017** Noelle Roberts, a girl who has lost one parent to suicide and se... More

Chasing Bad
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Rebel Awards
Side Note

Chapter 8

21.4K 704 60
By kalonanomalous

Maroon 5, Cold (Cover)

Quote;

On the outside we seem heartless,
But on the inside we're falling apart.

Chapter 8.

     Paige and I have proven to be selfish a**holes. Both of us have completely discarded how we've made Heidi feel. Which is why we have been in Family Dollar for an hour, looking for a card that says, Sorry we've been a**holes.

     Long story short, they don't have one.

     Which is why we had to be creative and pick the goofiest card they had. Paige and I wait in the check out line, neither of us have barely said anything to one another since her break down in the car. I'm not even sure what to say, knowing Paige she's gonna want advice of some sort. Truth be told, I don't have any.

     I have never had a serious problem with my looks. I always believed that I looked okay. There was nothing special about me, my eyes were pretty bland and my skin wasn't the type that most people in books said glowed like the sun. If it did, I'd be very concerned. My hair was a train wreck, whenever I woke up it looks like a hurricane came through.

     I'm a pretty skinny girl, and fairly tall. Appearance wise I don't have a lot going for me. Personality wise.. I still don't have a lot going for me. In the life area.. I got too much going on, and I've got no idea how to deal with it.

     "You gonna keep standin' there or are we headin' out now?" Paige asks, dangling the card in front of my face.

     Nodding I awkwardly shuffle after her, digging around in my pocket for my phone, there are four missed calls from Dad. Three voice mails and ten text messages asking, where are you? call me.

     Still upset with him, I shut off my phone and hurry outside after Paige. Quickly managing to catch up with her, I take the card out of her hands and read the cute message inside of it. On the blank side of the card, I take a pen out of Paige's purse and write.

     Please forgive us, we never wanted to hurt you! Dealing with us is not always easy. Love you! Can't ask for a better bff. <3

     Handing it over to Paige she reads it, and smiles. Putting her arm around me, we walk side by side over to her beat up jeep. I seal the card inside of the orange envelope and tuck it inside the bag.

     "You good with givin' this to her tomorrow?"

     "Why can't y- oh right."

     "Duh."

      I roll my eyes, getting in on the other side of the car. If you ask me, the suspension isn't even fair. But as usual, it's out of my hands.

     After driving around for a bit and stopping to get something to eat, she drops me off at the house. Getting out of the car I wave goodbye to her. She smiles at me, one that does not reach her eyes. I head inside, not wanting to face him quite yet.

      Stepping inside of the house, I am hit with the sweet smell of apple pie and sweet potatoes. Dad can't cook to save his life. As soon as I step into the kitchen, my eyes land on a woman at the stove. For a moment I imagine it being mom, imagine her here, fixing up something to eat for us to enjoy.

     Dad stands up from the table and I fix my gaze on him. He looks.. happy? There is not a single can or bottle of alcohol in sight. Dad wore a red polo short and some raggedy kakis. This is the most he has dressed up in a while, even if it did look a little strange.

     His beard was combed through and everything. The only question I have is who is this woman? How did she make my dad look so.. so much like him?

     "Hi."

     "Cathy, Cathy come here!" Dad grins, a yellowish tint to his teeth. "I want you to meet my daughter, this is Noelle. Noelle this is my friend Cathy."

     Cathy turns and stares at me, her eyes begin to water as she studies me. Shifting from one foot to the other, I can't help but stare right back at her. Is she judging me, in my own hou- she engulfs me in a bone-crushing hug. I stand there, stunned. Meeting Dad's gaze his eyes fill with a warmth that I thought was lost forever.

     "You look so much like your mother." Cathy murmurs, rubbing my back lovingly. "Oh she was so pretty, a real beauty when she was your age. I miss her everyday."

     Pulling away from me she grabs my shoulder, staring at me with a gentle tenderness only Mom had shown me. "You've brought up a beautiful young lady, Richard. Why you ought to be proud!"

"I am."

      Who is this lady and what has she done with my dad?

     Cathy pries her eyes off me and turns her gaze onto Dad. "I'm going to go and get the rest of dinner prepared so we can all eat. Richard, there's no need to get your hands dirty after all these years, I know you can't cook to save your life."

     Beaming she heads off to the kitchen, I swear to God it feels as though I've stepped into The Land Of Oz. At this point I'm just waiting for a bunch of munchkins to pop up. Then my life would be complete.

     "Isn't she wonderful?" He whispers, blushing. Dad pulls me into a hug, this one lasting a lot longer than Cathy's. "I'm so sorry, what I did to you was wrong. I will never lay a hand on you again. You have my word, Noelle?"

      Yeah, right.

      "I can't forgive you, you won't even fight for a chance to get better. You-"

      "I'll try.. for you."

     I don't know if he's actually fighting for me, or if he's fighting for Cathy..

      "So you have no clue who this chick is?" Marcus repeats for the umpteenth time, stuffing the rest of his banana into his mouth.

     "No," I sigh. "I don't. I just walked in and she was in the kitchen making us dinner. It's weird."

     "Your life would make a good story." Marcus chuckles, tossing the banana peel into the nearest trash can and wiping his hands onto his pants. "You talk to Paige?"

     "Yup."

     "Why she'd go ham on Heidi?"

     Stealing one of his grapes off his plate, I bite into it. "Not my place to tell you, ask her yourself."

     "You are seriously no fun."

     Heidi sets down her tray and sits across from us, picking at the food on her plate. Marcus and I glance at one another before turning our undivided attention onto Heidi. Sliding the envelope across the table, she looks up at it, then at me.

     "What's in it?"

     "Her pride, dignity, self-respect, her soul. Oh wait - she has none of those things! What do you think is in it, a card!" Marcus retorts, smacking my hand away from his plate.

     Heidi glares at him before reaching for the envelope, she rips it open and stares at the card with the ghost of a smile tugging at the edge of her lips. She opens the card, taking her time with reading each line word for word. I hope she forgives us..

      "I love you guys."

      Getting up and hurrying over to me, she squeezes me tight. Gosh, so many people are in a hugging mood lately. I'm to the point where I am just gonna ban physical contact.

     "We..love..you..to." I struggle to get out, she pulls away from me and I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

     Marcus opens up his arms, expecting a hug, but instead, he gets a handful of his own grapes chucked at him by yours truly. He called me soulless, which might be true, but still is rude! Only I get to rip apart my self-esteem, no one else!

      Before he can launch an attack on me, Heidi takes both of our plates and tosses them into the trash. I stick my tongue out at her and she plops down in the seat next to mine.

     "So, anything new happen?" Heidi inquires, leaning forward.

     "Her dad got a new bird in the picture."

      "What a wonderful way to phrase it," I reply, drily.

      He shrugs in response, chucking the rest of his milk. "Get to talking, I wanna hear this dramatic story all over again."

      What a great friend I have.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to me! What do you guys think of Noelle's father probably seeing someone after only a year?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 11.9K 38
Can you imagine if your parents get divorced and they send you to boarding school?Linda manages to survive through her high school but she is a diffe...
767 86 33
Harper is just another girl who wants to be happy just like every other girl but doesn't have the luck. She ended up falling in love with her "friend...
28.4K 1.6K 35
Bailey copes with the loss of a handsome acquaintance, John, by writing him a series of letters. She explores a future that will never be, a present...
4.2K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...