Chasing Bad✔[Rewritten][Curre...

By kalonanomalous

**WINNER OF THE REBEL AWARDS 2017** Noelle Roberts, a girl who has lost one parent to suicide and se... More

Chasing Bad
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Rebel Awards
Side Note

Chapter 5

23.8K 790 102
By kalonanomalous

Impossible, James Arthur

Quote;

There is a lesson we all have to learn,
Some are harsher than others.

Chapter 5.

     Bouncing my leg up and down I chew on my nails, my gaze shifting between Mrs. Ross, my World History teacher, and the clock. Heidi glances over at me as she takes down notes, frowning. I can't tell her what took place last night, she'd definitely freak out.

     Mrs. Ross flips through the pages of a textbook, her gaze drifting to us after a minute or two. "I want you all to understand the importance of the Early Dynastic-"

     But it would make what happened last night easier on me.. Perhaps she will have good advice on how to deal with it.

     "They reached their first high point of cultural development in-"

     Who am I kidding, we'll just end up arguing over getting him into rehab.

     "Please turn to page sixty-nine and begin reading, then answer questions one through six on page seventy-four. Any questions?" She eyes each of us individually before sitting down at her desk, satisfied. "Begin."

     Flipping through the pages I let out a yawn, occasionally glancing up at Mrs. Ross and then back down. Heidi harshly elbows me in the side as my eyelids begin to droop. Scowling at her, I sit up straighter in my seat.

    She, pleased with herself, returns to reading. Rolling my eyes I keep my gaze on the clock, tearing at the bits of peeling skin on my pinkie. "We'll make it through this."

     I thought he would agree..

     "Y-you will, you have always been so strong. But I can not promise you I will."

     He doesn't love me..

     "I hate you!"

      I didn't mean it.

     "I hate you!"

      I need him now more than anything..

      "You are supposed to be the one who is holding our family together, you should be my shoulder to cry on whenever I think about mom! You're not even trying! You're a sorry excuse for a father!"

      Was I wrong for saying that?

      "Noelle-"

      I didn't even let him explain.

     "Noelle-"

     I have to apologize after school, well after detention, I need to make things right with him. Mom would not have wanted this. Then again, I guess I never really knew what she wanted.

      "Noelle!"

       Jumping slightly at the sound of a raspy voice, my eyes dart towards a familiar heart-shaped face. Mrs. Ross's piercing blue eyes bore into mine, a slight frown clouding her usually soft feature. Great, now she's going to believe there's something wrong with me.

       Everyone in the class was now staring at me, some out of curiosity and others of blatant amusement. I feel my cheeks begin to heat up as I lower my head, wanting nothing more than to disappear from sight. Picking at my fingernails, I can feel Mrs. Ross stare at me.

      "Daydreaming?"

      I glance up at Mrs. Ross to see an amused gleam in her eye, blushing harder, I nod slowly. She points to the page I had abandoned and walks off. Heidi nudges me, but I don't bother to look in her direction. I know exactly how it'll all play out.

      When the bell rings after a few minutes, I am most likely the third person out of the classroom. Despite all of Heidi's attempts to catch up to me, I refuse to wait for her. The last thing I need today is a lecture from a person who doesn't know half of what I'm dealing with.

      Making a quick stop at my locker, I shove everything inside. My stomach growls and the sound of Heidi's high pitched voice only makes me pick up the pace in my walk. Can't she take a hint?

      I peer over my shoulder and catch a glimpse of her defeated expression, part of me wants to turn back and say sorry, but instead, I continue to push past the students swarming through the hall. Colliding with someone, I fall backwards onto the floor.

       The back of my head slams against it and I let out a loud groan of pain, a foot nearly steps on my hand as I get back onto my feet. Looking to see who I had slammed into, I am greeted by an unpleasant sight.

       A muscle twitches in Isaac's jaw as he surveys me for a moment, a look of distaste etched across his face. He, without a word, walks past and harshly knocks his shoulder against mine. Without a second thought, I spin around, glaring at the back of his head.

       "What exactly is your problem?" I call out, angrily. "You don't have to be a prick, the least you could do is say excuse me. Or has no one taught you manners before?"

       Isaac looks back at me, a line appearing between his brows. "I'm so sorry." He draws out, sarcastically. "I beg your pardon, would you like me to bow as well?"

       "You're such a-"

       "Save your breath."

        Balling my fists as Isaac continues to walk on, I scoff and stomp towards the cafeteria. Seriously, what exactly is his issue? Everybody has issues, no need to walk around like you have a stick up your-

       "There you are!" Paige exclaims, hurrying over to me, dabbing at her eyes with her sleeve. "What took you so long and where Heidi at?"

      "What's wrong?"

      "Where's Heidi?"

      I shrug and she huffs, tugging me over to the lunch line. Once there we pick up our trays, waiting for the line to move. Paige sighs and I look over to see Violet making her way to us, beaming.

      "What are you gonna be eating today, Paige? Hope it's not another slice of pizza, you and I both know you can't afford to gain any more weight." She snickers, "How's your family's shop doing, I've heard you're going to close. If you ask me it's about time, not sure why you people are allowed here anyways."

      I have no regrets.

      "Let's say that I may or may not have contributed to Paige attacking Violet. I also may or may not have egged her on a bit, and not held her back.. I was justified though!" I quickly add once Heidi's menacing gaze is directed at me. "Her comment was racist!"

     Heidi stares between the two of us, unsure of who to direct her anger towards first. Honestly, I wish she would lay off a bit from time to time. Marcus, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying this quite a bit.

      "Thanks to that outburst, Paige is now suspended for like two weeks. Violet got off free, like seriously you two need to be more responsible! You could have like I don't know, reported her!" She scolds, her eyes darting between the two of us.

     "She ain't even hurt!" Paige seethes, "If you ask me I should've done a lot worse! I ain't sorry for what I did. She should've kept her mouth shut."

     Marcus' fist bumps Paige, earning himself a scowl from Heidi. She sits down on a park bench, arms folded in a failing attempt to make us feel guilty. If anything, I am pretty proud of Paige.

     "I can't believe I missed the catfight," Marcus whines. "I miss all the good stuff lately! Hey, can I pay you to redo everything you did today to her so I can record?"

     "How much-"

      "No!" Heidi screeches, quickly standing up. She glares at Marcus before hurriedly looking away, her cheeks turning bright red. Only I'm pretty sure it definitely isn't out of anger.

      Paige puts an arm around my shoulder, guiding me away from the two of them. "Thanks for always sticking by me. Although I did get suspended at least I won't be near that perra."

     Giggling softly at her comment, Paige beams. "Also thanks for just hangin' with us for a bit. I know your dad is pretty down and you ain't dealing well, but uh, you just being here for me is nice."

     "Yeah.. nice."

     Perhaps if I opened up a bit more, I would be able to feel content too. Or is that just wishful thinking?

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys
think of the characters so far?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.2K 63
Emancipated Noelle is trying to run from her past. What happens when she breaks down in Charming? Can he save her from herself? Written two years ago.
2.5K 155 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
1.8M 57.5K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
143K 1.9K 4
FAVORITE COMMENTS: ** "One of my all time favorite books, I'll never forget it" (@sedaoriente) ** "I love how easily the chemistry built up between t...