Laced

By izzysaphira

Over one hundred years into the future, corruption has wreaked havoc on the overwhelming majority of rulers a... More

Hello, again.
Disclaimer
Prologue
Laced - Chapter 1 (Sold)
Laced- Chapter 2 (First Intimacy)
Laced - Chapter 3 (Laying Out the Rules)
Laced - Chapter 4 (Unexpected Surprises)
Laced - Chapter 5 (An Appointment With Payne)
Laced - Chapter 6 (Little Secrets)
Laced - Chapter 7 (Awkward Dinners)
Laced - Chapter 8 (Locked In)
Laced - Chapter 9 (Catch and Confess)
Laced - Chapter 10 (Out and About)
Laced - Chapter 11 (Exceptions)
Laced - Chapter 12 (Incognito Personalities)
Laced - Chapter 13 (A New Freedom)
Laced - Chapter 14 (First Real Dinner)
Laced - Chapter 15 (A Change in Perspectives)
Laced - Chapter 16 (An Illusion of Strength)
Laced - Chapter 17 (Exposed Emotions)
Laced - Chapter 18 (Caught Red-Handed)
Laced - Chapter 19 (An Embarrassment to Remember)
Laced - Chapter 20 (Broken Promises)
Laced - Chapter 21 (For Every Action, an Equal and Just Consequence) Part 1
Laced - Chapter 21 (For Every Action, an Equal and Just Consequence Part 2)
Laced - Chapter 22 (Black Lace)
Laced - Chapter 23 (Eating Guiltily)
Laced - Chapter 24 (Bringing Up the Past)
Laced - Chapter 25 (Fires and Secrets)
Laced - Chapter 26 (The Back-Up Plan)
Laced - Chapter 27 (Sleepless Nights)
Laced - Chapter 28 (Realizations)
Laced - Chapter 29 (Preparations)
Laced - Chapter 30 (No Inhibitions)
Laced - Chapter 31 (Ulterior Motives)
Laced - Chapter 32 (One Too Many Choices)
Laced - Chapter 33 (A Night of Announcements)
Laced - Chapter 34 (Chocolate)
Laced - Chapter 35 (Mind Over Matter)
Laced - Chapter 36 (Breakeven)
Laced - Chapter 37 (Fix You)
Laced - Chapter 38 (Canceled Plans and Patience)
Laced - Chapter 39 (Rules, Fears, & Jealousy)
Laced - Chapter 40 (The Big Night)
Laced - Chapter 41 (Reunions)
Laced - Chapter 42 (A Change of Hearts)
Laced - Chapter 43 (I'm Yours)
Laced - Chapter 44 (Claiming Dominance)
Laced - Chapter 45 (Brotherly Love)
Laced - Chapter 46 (Little Shit, Big Shit)
Laced - Chapter 47 (Flirtations and Drunken Mistakes)
Laced - Chapter 48 (Rebellious Brothers and Long Road Trips)
Laced - Chapter 49 (Uncovering the Past)
Laced - Chapter 50 (Sorrows and Regrets)
Laced - Chapter 51 (Fighting Our Demons)
Laced - Chapter 52 (A Chink in the Armor)
Laced - Chapter 53 (Aiding Those in Need)
Laced - Chapter 54 (The Riverwalk)
Laced - Chapter 55 (A Moment of Truth)
Laced - Chapter 57 (A Quiet Rage)
Laced - Chapter 58 (Uncertain Decisions)
Laced - Chapter 59 (Packing and Planning)
Laced - Chapter 60 (Same Mistakes)
Laced - Chapter 61(Betrayals and Forgotten Things)
Laced - Chapter 62 (Complications)
Laced - Chapter 63 (Distractions)
Chapter 64 - (Unease)
Laced - Chapter 65 (Long Gone)
Laced - Chapter 66 (Unpredicted Reactions)
Laced - Chapter 67 (Stubborn Personalities)
Laced - Chapter 68 (Delving Into the Past)

Laced - Chapter 56 (A Panicked Reaction)

774K 15K 9.9K
By izzysaphira

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

"Sebastian?"

I gasp, and stare at him, who only stood a few meters away from me, on the other side of the car.

I am frozen in place, and Sebastian looks up when I call his name.

A look of shock and disbelief registers on his face, with bluish eyes a spitting image of mine. "Abbs?"

His nickname for me.

I don't even notice Zayn's head flick back to me, and then to Sebastian, but what I do notice is that in a split second, he opens the trunk of the car and pulls something out.

I am still frozen in place, out of pure shock, when the item in Zayn's hands comes up and into view, pointing it at Sebastian.

"Get back in the car, now." Zayn's back is to me, but he's speaking to me, and there's a new edge to his voice as he aims the small gun at Sebastian.

"No, what the fuck are you doing?" I scream, and take a step in his direction. "That's my brother-"

"I said get back in the car now! Or I'll shoot!" He yells, and takes an aggressive step in Sebastian's direction.

"No! Stop! Don't hurt him!" I protest, and again I take a step in his direction.

Sebastian has his hands up in the air in surrender, fear in his eyes. He makes eye contact with me, and I can tell there's an internal war raging on inside of him.

"This is the last time! Get back in the fucking car!" Zayn takes another aggressive step in his direction, his back to me the entire time, not meeting my eyes.

I'm about to completely ignore him, because I knew that he wouldn't actually shoot, until I heard the click of the bullet settling into its place in the barrel.

I stop in my tracks, and look up to my older brother for help. I had no clue what to do. I had to talk to him, but at the same time, I didn't want Sebastian to get hurt.

He looks from me to Zayn, and then back to me before giving me a pained grimace. "Abby, do as he says. Just get in the car, I don't want you to get hurt."

The sound of his voice rips through me - pain, sadness, and brotherly love all mixed together.

"Seb-"

"Go! I don't want you to get hurt. I'll settle this-"

"She's not going to get hurt, the only one getting hurt is you if she doesn't get in the car right now." Zayn says murderously, his back still to me. The gun is still pointed at Sebastian, the veins in Zayn's arms protruding as he held it up.

"I-I..." I don't know what to say, or do, but then Sebastian gives me a reassuring nod, mouthing 'Go', and then trains his eyes back on Zayn.

Numbly, I take a seat back into the car, and close the door behind me. I hear the click of locks, and I know that Zayn has locked me in with his car keys.

I look back, and I see Sebastian trying to negotiate with him, but Zayn's not backing down.

I don't even remember when I started crying, but the tears were falling freely now, and I didn't care to stop them.

And then, through the window, I could see Zayn walking backwards to his door, the gun still pointed at Sebastian. The door unlocks, and then Zayn's inside, then the car engine is on and he's pulling out of the parking lot faster than I thought was possible.

Before I know it, we're out of the parking garage and speeding towards the highway, thirty, maybe forty miles per hour over the legal speed limit.

I wipe at my eyes, but it's no use. The tears kept falling. I can't speak, because I'm in complete shock.

His hand is clenched tightly around the steering wheel, his knuckles becoming white, and he's breathing hard.

I'm so angry, so fucking angry as I glare at him and explode. "What the fuck was that?!?!"

He doesn't answer me, looking over his shoulder to check for cars before he switched lanes and drove on to the freeway.

"What the fuck! Tell me!! You were going to shoot my fucking brother! Are you fucking insane!?!!?" I'm yelling at the top of my lungs, and a sob racks though my body.

Again he doesn't answer, only adding to my infuriation.

"You're a fucking asshole! Take me back! Take me back!!"

When he doesn't answer, I reach over the barrier and and bring my hand across his face.

--

Zayn's POV

"Sebastian?" Abby stumbles out of the car, and I look up from where I am to her. Her eyes are trained on the asshole that just bumped into me, and I stop in my tracks, looking back to the man.

"Abbs?"

I take one more glance back at Abby, and then at the man again, and then everything hits me like a train. Holy. Fucking. Hell. He's literally a spitting image of her, an almost exact same copy, but in a older, more masculine form.

My hands have a mind of their own when they pop open the trunk and pull out the gun I kept in there just in case, and I turn back and aim at the man who was now a threat to everything I had.

"Get back in the car, now." My voice comes out low, authoritative, and demanding. Abby need to get the fuck back in the car, and quick. I couldn't lose her, not now. We were just discussing the fact that she would leave, but I'm not ready to have her gone this fast. Not now. Never.

It's like time has slowed down, all my senses becoming so much sharper, so much clearer. I can hear my own breathing, I can feel my heart pound, and I can feel the adrenaline rush though my veins.

She's stubborn, like always, when she takes a step in our direction.

"No, what the fuck are you doing?" She screams, "that's my brother-"

I know it's her fucking brother. It couldn't be any more blatantly obvious. I cut her off with a threat. "I said get back in the car now! Or I'll shoot!"

Taking an step in his direction, my thoughts race in my mind as I held up the gun. Would I actually shoot him? Yes. No. Fuck, I don't even know. All I knew was that I couldn't think straight, not with Abby slipping out of my fingers like sand right before me while I could do something about it.

"No! Stop! Don't hurt him!"

My breathing is hard, too hard. I can't think. I notice him look over to Abby, and then back to me.

"This is the last time! Get back in the fucking car!" I can't even turn back and look her in the eyes, because I don't know what I'm doing. I'm being a coward, but I couldn't give a fuck at this point. My mind was only set on one thing - not losing Abigail.

When I hear her take another step, I do the only thing I have to do. The click the bullet makes as it settles into the barrel has the intended effect - she stops dead in her tracks.

Finally the bastard decides to knock some sense into Abby when he warns her, "Abby, do as he says. Just get in the car, I don't want you to get hurt."

Fuck him, I'm the last person to hurt Abby. I'm so infuriated by this accusation, my finger brushes against the trigger, ready to take him down.

"Seb-" Abby protests from behind me, only to be cut off by the asshole.

"Go! I don't want you to get hurt. I'll settle this-"

"She's not going to get hurt, the only one getting hurt is you if she doesn't get in the car right now." I threaten him, and Abby.

Abby hesitates from behind me, and that idiot assures her to go inside. Good.

The second she shuts the door behind her, I pull out my key and press down on the lock button, locking her inside. I couldn't take the chance and risk her having a stupid idea to run for it, because then someone was going to get hurt, and it wasn't going to be me.

"Please, man, just let me talk to my sister." He takes a daring step towards me, but his hands are still in the air.

I don't answer him, and back up.

"Look man, please don't hurt my sister. I'll pay you, whatever the amount."

"I'd be the last one to hurt her. You're the selfish one who fucking left her alone when she was a child." I spit back, and take another step backwards towards my car door.

His lips part, as if he's surprised, and he takes in a slow breath. "She told you that?"

I don't nod, I don't affirm his answer, I don't say yes. He doesn't deserve to fucking know.

Sebastian's expression is desperate as I take another step back. "Please, man! Just give me five minutes to talk to her! C'mon-"

My hand finds the handle of the car door, and before I open it, I shake my head. "Not happening. You lost your chance a couple years ago."

--

Adrenaline is still rushing through my veins as I pull out of the parking garage, and I'm driving well over the speed limit, but the amount of fucks I gave at this point were zero. None; nothing at all.

It's truly amazing how adrenaline makes senses more acute, but right now, I just wanted to close my eyes and shut everything out. Way too much has happened in an incredibly short amount of time, and I think my head just might explode.

She hasn't said anything yet, but she's crying silently except for the occasional sob.

I keep my eyes trained on the road that led me to the highway, not because I had to, but because there was no way I could look at Abigail right now without being eaten alive by guilt.

I can sense that she's on the verge of exploding, and my suspicions are confirmed when she finally does.

"What the fuck was that?!" She's already yelling.

I don't make eye contact with her, and I can't answer her even if I wanted to, because honestly, I didn't know what the fuck just happened. It was all becoming like a blur to me.

"What the fuck! Tell me!! You were going to shoot my fucking brother! Are you fucking insane!?!!?"

Yes, I probably am. I am completely, utterly, absolutely insane. My lips don't move, but my insides are screaming.

Every time I don't answer, it only adds to her anger. "You're a fucking asshole! Take me back! Take me back!!" She's shrieking and crying and sobbing all at the same time, and I feel so fucking uncomfortable.

My stomach is twisting, and when I don't reply to her again, her hand comes down across the right side of my face. The car is stuffy, too stuffy, and I can't breathe.

"What the fuck was that?" I finally explode, grabbing her wrist harshly and tightening my grip around it. She tries to pull it away, and I only hold it tighter.

"Let go! Fuck you!" She tries yanking her hand away again, and then winces. "You're hurting me."

I don't let go, because I'm going absolutely fucking insane. My head's spinning, and I'm losing all the tight control I had over my life.

"Let me go! You're hurting me!" She yells again. "Stop!"

She was hurting me more, anyways.

My stomach is turning, and I feel like I'm going to be sick. My head's pounding all of a sudden, and I lose my focus of the road. Before any crazy shit can happen, I signal, and  pull over to the side of the road.

I finally let go of Abby's wrist, rushing outside. It doesn't take but a few seconds, and then I'm bent over, sick, throwing up every bit of my stomach's contents.

I rest my hands on my knees as I bent over, supporting my weight. In the background I hear cars rushing by at high speeds, and then I hear the click of a door as Abigail steps outside.

I can hear her footsteps in the gravel, but I ignore them until I feel much more relaxed now that my stomach was empty. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I spit, trying to rid myself of the putrid taste. The back of my throat burned from the stomach acid, but that I could deal with.

I close my eyes, taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

Abby's footsteps come closer, and then she finally speaks up. "Take me back, now." Her voice is somewhat confident, and calmer now. I'm surprised that she's not hysterical, but when I turn around, I immediately know why.

In her hands was the gun, my gun, and now, it was pointed at me.

I let out a sigh, and close my eyes for a moment. "Abby, drop the gun, please."

She doesn't back down, instead, she steps closer, the gun aimed at my chest. "I said, take me back!" Her voice is a facade of confidence, but it's completely fake.

"You wouldn't shoot me." I say calmly, and shift my weight. I didn't feel at all threatened, just surprised that she would come down to this.

"Y-yes I would!" Her voice falters.

"No, you wouldn't. Both you and I know you well enough." I state, and cross my arms. "Now can you please drop the gun so that we can head back?"

She stands still. "To Sebastian?"

You've got to be fucking kidding me. "No, to the mansion."

"Then no."

"Abigail-"

"And stop calling me that! My fucking name is Abby! I hate being called Abigail!"

I sigh, exhaustion coursing through my body - the after effect of adrenaline. "Alright, Abby. Just drop the gun, or hand me it. Okay?"

"No! You're going to take me back to Sebastian! Now! Or I'll shoot." Her threat is empty, but there's desperation in her eyes.

I shrug my shoulder. "Okay, then. Shoot." I spread my arms, leaving her a wide target, knowing she won't actually shoot.

She wipes away a tear with one hand, and then returns it to holding up the gun, frustration in her eyes. Clearly, she's hesitating.

When the crack of the barrel sounds, I jump, caught completely off guard. The bullet hits the floor and deflects, and I look up to her, surprised.

She's clearly shocked at what she did - her lips are parted, and she gasps.

I use this moment to my advantage and take two quick strides to her, and pull the gun out of her hand.

"Now you're going to get back in the car, and not going to say another word or protest. Do you understand?" My voice is threatening and low as I point the gun back at her, and press the barrel to her temple.

There was only one bullet in there originally, so now there was nothing because she had wasted it. But she didn't know that, and fear was evident in her expression as I kept the gun at her head.

I hated the fact that I was scaring her like this, but I had no other choice, There was no other way I could get her back in the car. So I had to use force.

She immediately cooperated like I expected, and I led her back to the car. When she took her seat, I bent over her side, pulled the seat belt, buckled it, and closed her door.

When I got back into the driver's seat, I placed the gun in the compartment on the inside of my door, and then shut it behind me. 

When I signal and get back on the road, I hold my breath in attempt to slow my breathing. My head is pounding unbearably, and there's a ring in my ears that just won't go away.

"I hate you, you know." She says, her tone full of disgust.

I just nod my head and sigh. "I know."

--

The miles seemed to get longer the closer we got to the mansion. I was absolutely exhausted, and there was an overwhelming silence in the car.

I can't tell if Abby is asleep or not, but in my peripheral vision, her body was slumped on the seat that was reclined, her face towards the door and away from me.

I let out a relieved sigh as the familiar secured gates of my mansion came into view, and I slowed the car so that I could cone to a complete stop in front of the gates.

One of the guards approached my window, armed. When he realized that it was me, he signaled for the gates to be opened, and they did.

The fourth of a mile to mansion felt even longer, but when I finally pulled up to the front, and stepped out of the car, I recognized Caleb approaching us.

"Hey dipshit-" he begins to insult me, until he sees the expression on my face and shuts up. "What's wrong, bro?"

I shake my head, not wanting to talk about it as I made my way over to Abby's side and opened the door.

She looks absolutely terrible - her face was red and puffy, her eyes tear-stained, and she refused to even acknowledge me.

She stiffly gets up, and brushes past me to the mansion without another word. I sigh, and Caleb gives me a confused glance.

"What'd you do this time, Zayn?" He asks annoyingly, and I ignore him. "It looks like you fucked up, big time."

One of my valet servant approaches us, and I toss him the keys to my car and walk up to the front doors. Caleb follows behind me, annoying as ever.

"Why did you add a new slave to your collection? Don't you already have enough?"

"Will you please shut the fuck up and leave me alone? God damn! You're so fucking annoying!" I blow up in anger as I step inside. "And where the fuck did Abby go?"

"Probably to her room," he chides, "since you apparently pissed her off."

"Fuck you! Get lost!" I shout, and all the guards at the front door turn to look at me. One quick glare at their direction, and they all look away. Good.

I storm off to where the elevator was located, an Caleb follows along behind me.

"We never found out who the trespasser was." He says quietly.

When I look back at him, he has his hands stuffed in his pockets, and all traces of joking around have disappeared from his face. All that were in his eyes was seriousness.

"Caleb, please, can we talk about this later-"

"But there's some suspicion as to who it is." He states, and takes and exhausted breath. When I look at him again, I realize that he looked exhausted, like he hadn't gotten any sleep.

"Please, Caleb. Tomorrow. I'm in a shit mood, and I really can't take more tonight." I sigh, and then he slowly nods.

"Alright, Zee. Tomorrow, then."

Before I turn around, I bid him goodnight, and then press the button to the elevator.

When I'm upstairs, I don't even bother to change out of my jeans, and throw myself onto the bed. I am beyond exhausted, the stresses of today taking a toll on my body.

And the after effect of the adrenaline left my body tired and lethargic, but my mind was restless.

I lay there maybe one, two hours, still wide awake, but not even trying to move my body. I glared at the moon that shone in through the glass wall, and pondered on what had happened tonight.

Did I do the right thing, by keeping Abby away from Sebastian? He's the one who left her, alone and miserable, so that he escape his own misery. It was selfish of him - he didn't deserve to see his sister.

But then again, wasn't it selfish of myself to not allow her to see him, because of my worry that she'd leave me? Sebastian may have not deserved to see her, but Abby wasn't at fault here. She should have been able to, but I was too much of a coward to let that happen.

I rolled over to the side of the bed, and reached over and pressed the silver intercom button. It buzzed, and a few seconds later, an exhausted sounding Niall answered.

"Sir? Do you need anything?"

I exhale, and close my eyes. "Get me something from Liam to knock me out."

"What?" he answers, concern in his voice. "Are you sure? What do you want?"

"I don't care what it is. Just get it to me, and quick." I say in a dismissive tone, and shut off the intercom.

And then, even after I took the drug that was supposed to help me sleep, I tossed and turned for the rest of the night, my mind replay the mistakes of today.

~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 2.2K 40
Abigail Wesley, 16, prostitute/stripper. Niall Horan, 19,famous band member. Abigail was sent to live with her Uncle, her mom thought it would be be...
127K 5.5K 28
All Zayn Malik wanted was a safe place to raise his children. All he wanted was a place that the people could marry who they loved and not be forced...
253K 6.9K 54
"They've figured her out, please, do something to help her...I tried to keep her safe and I failed." He was red; dark and powerful. She was white; pu...
36.9K 720 78
"Do you feel safe with him?" the question seemed silly; in my head I had immediately laughed at it because it was so absurd. How could I not feel saf...