Voltron: Legendary Defender (...

By Rumatyy

This show is great, I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't already! If you'd like, you can request! I... More

Help! (Lance x Reader!)
Treacherous (Keith x Reader!)
Home sick (Shiro x Reader!)
Innocent (Male!Pidge x Reader!)
Nightmares (Hunk x Reader!)
Surprise! (Shiro x Reader!)
Altean Promise (Rolo x Reader!)
Close Combat (Keith x Reader!)
Hide and Seek (Shiro x Reader!)
Authors note
Reckless (Pidge x Reader!)
Comfort (Lance x Depressed!Reader)
Nostalgia (Allura x Reader!)
Nyctophobia (Keith x Reader!)
Secret Admirer (Pidge x Reader!)
Competition (Lance x Shy!Reader x Keith)
Best friends (Platonic!Lance x Chip (OC))
Remorse (Shiro x Reader!)
Happy Halloween~
Shower of Kisses (Keith x Male!Reader)
Not Telling~ (Lance x Reader!)
[ R e q u e s t s C l o s e d ] + Thanks!!
Always Be Here (Hunk x Reader!)
Soulmates (Lance x Reader!)
Home For Christmas (Shiro x Reader!)
Fateful Meetings (Lance x Reader!)
Mind Games || Part One (Pidge x Reader)
Mind Games || Part Two (Pidge x Reader)
Remember Me (Shiro x Reader!)
Winter Wear (Keith x Fem!Reader)

Insecurities (Keith x Fem!Reader)

10.2K 241 57
By Rumatyy

She wasn't as cute as Pidge was, nor as smart as the green paladin either. Compared to the princess herself, she wasn't even competition if she were talking ability and looks. Then what was she to others? A lost cause or a joke perhaps. Without realizing, a sigh had escaped her chapped lips, a weary smile forming on her facial features. She could recall that day clearly, taunting her of the ruckus the (h/c) haired female caused the group, the quickened heart beat, the echoing sounds coming from her friends slowly fading, everything.

"It's not your fault,"

"It's never my fault..." She could remember herself murmur, hand sliding through her (h/c) locks as she holds the hem of her pastel blue sweater, "you always say that."

"You always say that..." She repeats, eyes fluttering open to the sight of the tiled ceiling of the barracks and she was reminded once more that she wasn't resting on the living room sofa, head resting upon her dear friend's leg.

"You must like sleeping here," Pidge says, supporting equipment in her arms as she places them on the table, "so are you going to help or not?"

With a slight nod as a reply, the paladin took a seat beside (y/n), already set to prepare a small tracking device that could help the female in times of trouble. A sigh managed to escape her lips, silence taking over and a slightly worried Pidge pausing to look up to see if the young woman was fine. Much to her surprise, the green paladin sat up straight, honey brown eyes glistening with curiosity and the pale hand placed on her leg to reassured (y/n) that she was there, prepared to listen to anything she had to say.

"Thank you Pidge," was all she could muster up, "I think I just need to walk around for a while, I'll help you later, okay?"

For a moment, she wondered if she was just avoiding the conversation of how out of place she felt, how insecure she truly was around everyone, especially him. Keith was always someone she admired, intriguing to watch, and his smile was absolutely mesmerizing. It wasn't often she saw it, yet it made her feel at ease and it brought a smile to her lips, heat to her cheeks, and unavoidable eye contact she didn't like much but in an instant, enjoyed. The door slid closed behind her and she let a sigh of relief slip, slowly making her way forward, down the white corridor where she always went in secret. It didn't take her long to get to the door where the lionesses were placed, she often we there to sit and admire them.

Today was no different, she sat close to the wall, head tilted upwards to watch the robotic animals she loved so much, a gentle smile plastered on her facial features. It was a bit cold, yet she didn't mind at all. 'I wonder if they'd get mad if they found out I come here,' it was a pointless thought but in the end, it caused worry to bubble within her. She inhales, then exhales to calm her nerves, attempting to ease her anxiousness as she awaits something to happen.

"I hope you guys are doing well," she whispers, though it echoes, a slight chuckle escaping at the realization, "can I come again?"

It was useless to ask the lionesses but she did anyway, her fingertips touching the yellow lion as if to pet it, head searching up to see if she could get a reaction. Nothing. She let her hand drop to her side, another smile accompanying her features as she takes her leave from the room and she could hear a slight movement. (Y/n) could hear herself chuckle again, waving goodbye to the lionesses as she exits the premises. Being in the same area with the coloured animals always calmed her a bit after all.

~

She awoke in the same place, a white blanket covering her body this time and she sat up. She felt sort of self conscious of her shirt, a sigh escaping her lips as she stretches, staring down at her stomach. The female hated the feeling of her shirt rising, revealing the area on her body she didn't like much. It wasn't the only part of her body she hadn't quite enjoyed, only a mere part. She groans, leaning back on the sofa and pulling the blanket over her body.

"(Y/n)?" Hunk calls, rubbing his eyes so he could see more clearly, a slight chuckle to accompany his clear surprise, "what are you doing here so early in the morning?"

She could feel her cheeks heating up, boy was she terrible at talking to other people.

"Sleeping," she says, softly, almost a whisper.

Her eyes averted to the floor, (e/c) hues tracings the squares to distract herself from looking up. She wasn't feeling too good. Instead, she hoped that he'd leave her be, pretending the two never even spoke a word to each other. That clearly didn't happen. The tanned man stood there, she could feel his strong presence and his gaze glued on her. She immediately stood up, wrapping the blanket over her shoulders to cover her body.

"Good morning Hunk," she says, searching up and making eye contact for a moment, "I'm going now, see you later."

As soon as the (h/c) haired female left, she had decided to visit the lionesses again. After all, it always made her feel a little batter. For some strange reason, the walk there felt like it took ages, each step announcing her every movement. The door slid open after a few moments passed and she enters, though she stood in the doorway for quite a while. The sudden feeling of sadness washed over her, a wry smile to accompany the resurfacing feeling she tries so hard to dismiss. She couldn't. 'It's always your fault, always.' It was a reoccurring thought that consumed her mind, robbing her of any other thoughts. That's right, it is always her fault.

"It's... Always my fault..." She mutters, burying her head in the warmth of her blanket.

"I don't think it is," the all too familiar voice of Keith responds, causing (y/n) to search up, "(y/n), what are you doing here?"

She wasn't mentally prepared for this. The piecing gaze of Keith's made her a bit nervous, her heart beginning to fasten once again as she tries her hardest to avert her gaze but she still sensed it. His beautiful eyes were scanning her, the uneasiness causing butterflies within her stomach. She didn't feel good at all. She clenched the blanket around her, attempting to hide her self consciousness, though she couldn't simply get rid of that feeling. She never could.

"Don't look at me,"

He didn't respond.

"Please."

She averts her gaze once again, staring at the red lioness, hoping to dear god the red paladin would leave her in that room once again. She could hear his footsteps echo, etching closer with every step he took, and soon looming over her. She froze, closing her eyes shut, as if to avoid or block the coal haired man out completely. It was clear it didn't work and she could feel cool fingertips of his touch her arm. For some odd reason, she felt reassured by him.

"(Y/n)," Keith says, more softly than before, "what happened?"

"Keith," what was she going to say again? "I-,"

He furrowed his eye brows, eyes filled with worry, "it's okay, you don't have to tell me," he whispers, a smile accompanying his actions.

The two didn't say anything, silence becoming evident, though it wasn't awkward at all. It was sweet and she couldn't help but blush at the thought of being alone with him, wasn't it just a lucky day for her to have him all to herself? Well, her and the red lioness too. Without realizing, she lay on the cold ground, curled in the blanket and placing her head on his thigh.

"You'll get cold laying here," Keith murmurs, slight worry in his tone.

She grins, "so? It's nice..." She trails, blushing at the sudden touch of his hand running through her hair. "Hey Keith?"

He didn't answer, though she could see a smile forming on his lips, the gentle touch soothing and erasing those unnecessary feelings of sadness once again. His existence was like magic, the cheesy thought bringing a tinge of red to her cheeks once more.

"Thank you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: It's been forever, sorry! Holy damn, you guys are so patient and I love you. I got into college!!! Also, I turned eighteen March 1st so I'm slightly dead inside.

Oh my gosh though, 142k? Thanks so much! Honestly, I thought I'd only get like 1k because I'm trash at updating and I just thought people would eventually forget about this book. I feel so supported omg. I didn't proof read this, it's all or nothing... Sorry if it sucks. Till my next trashy update~

Requested by @follyowls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 115 17
❛ 𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩. ༉‧₊˚✧ 🕊 ❛ In whitch a insecure, flawed girl named Nancy gets chosen to be guardian...
90.4K 2.8K 37
At long last, your eighteenth birthday has approached. You made a promise to yourself long ago that you would escape the ordeal of living with your n...
65.6K 1.8K 24
Let's play a game: Lance is _______. Allura: Immature. Shiro: Childish. Coran: Soft-hearted. Keith: Annoying. Pidge: Dumb. Hunk: One of a kind. ...
10.8K 170 22
• i might love you • Voltron!! Nothing belongs to me. Not the pictures, not the characters. This is a reader insert!! One-shots too. Some of them wo...