Dauntless life (sequel to Tri...

By TMIdivergent3

SEQUEL TO TRIS PEDRAD Claire Eaton is finally a teenager. Being the eldest of five kids she wasn't exactly ex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue

Chapter 45

164 8 3
By TMIdivergent3

"Fancy," Carter says after I ask him how I should dress for our lunch date.

He said he couldn't tell me where which annoyed me a little. I hate not knowing, and surprises. I just need to know. I can cancel out where we went yesterday which means it's either the other fancy place our Carter made a place. Knowing him it's probably the latter. He always likes to take me outside the compound for a date, he's the only person who doesn't get in trouble for it. Mostly because he is becoming a leader, so Max and grandpa trust him.

I finally find the right dress after five minutes. Since I don't actually live here I only brought some of my dresses over. So I didn't have a vast selection. It's just a simple maroon dress with spaghetti straps. It's a v-neck and has a slit halfway up on the right side. It flows down to my ankles but doesn't reach the floor. I wear the one pair of heels that I have here, just simple black pumps, hoping that I don't have to run on a train. I already did my hair, which is just loose curls. My makeup is light pink eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and a light pink lipstick. Just nice and simple.

"You ready Cupcake!" Carter shouts from downstairs.

"One second!" I call back and quickly grab a small black purse. I throw in my phone, wallet, I always have gum in it, and chapstick. You never know when you need it. After I make sure I have everything I head downstairs, where Carter is waiting for me.

I gave him the picture right before we got ready and he loved it. He placed it on his desk and it made me smile. Though I know he'll love the next gift even more.

"You look beautiful," he smiles as he takes my hand on the last step.

"Thanks," I blush, "you look quite handsome." He's wearing black dress pants, a black button up, a dark grey vest, and a black blazer.

"When do I not?" He jokes and I laugh.

"Shut up," I say playfully and smack his chest.

"What happened to the no red thing?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"It's maroon, it's not red," I say and he smiles.

"Whatever you say," he says and we start to walk out the door. He makes sure the lights are off before we start down the hallway.

"Can you tell me where we are going now?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Patience," he says and I glare at him.

"I do have patience, I'd just like to know," I retort.

"We'll be there in a couple minutes," he tells me and kisses the top of my head.

We don't talk the next couple of minutes, but it's not that awkward silence, it's just peaceful. Gosh I sound Amity. I shake my head lightly and just continue to walk.

"Why are we at my place?" I ask and he just unlocks the door with a key I didn't know he had.

He opens the door and lets me walk in first. It smells like flowers and the lights are dim. Carter places his hand on the small of my back and leads me to the dining room, even though I already know where it is. Except it doesn't look like the dining room I'm used to. There is a bouquet of white roses in a beautiful glass vase, in the center of the tables. A large bottle of wine sits directly next to the flowers. The table has a white tablecloth on it with very faint designs. Each side of the table has a white plate, a set of silver ware wrapped nicely in a napkin with a black bow, a large wine glass, and a small plate on top of the white one.

"Carter," I say and look up at him.

"Kim helped me with it," he smiles, "she said you'd like something like this."

"It's gorgeous," I say and look back at the table.

"She said you'd find the candles to cliché so I didn't get any," he says and leads me to the table.

"I probably would've," I giggle and see Carter smile as he goes to his chair.

"Glad Kim knew what she was talking about," he laughs, "I got white wine, unless you'd like something else."

"No, that's perfect," I tell him and he fills both our glasses.

"I'll go grab the food real quick," he says after he pours us each a glass he pushes his chair back and comes back with two trays of food. He sets one in front of me and then one in front of his seat. "I remembered this is one of your favorites."

"Chicken Alfredo," I smile as I look at the tray, "this is perfect Carter."

"Anything for you Cupcake," he smiles and takes a sip of his wine.

We each eat our own plate and talk about everything. Carter asks how my family is and what not, even though we just saw them. He tells me that Grayson is now back at home and out of the infirmary. Then we talk about our jobs, and how much work his training is. We laugh and talk forever and eat out dessert, which is Dauntless cake. Everything for lunch has been my favorites, yet it's his birthday.

After we finish eating Carter takes the dirty plates and silverware to the kitchen and when he comes back he grabs something out of his pocket. It's a black square box and it makes me wonder how I didn't notice. I can tell he's nervous as he comes next to me and I can hear his jagged breathing.

"Are you alright Carter?" I ask and he nods with a grin. He offers his hand for me to take and he helps me stand up. "Seriously Carter-"

"I'm fine Claire," he chuckles and he pulls me closer to him.

"You are acting nervous-"

"That's because I am," he says lightly. "Claire we've gotten really close these past months. You're so nice, caring, loving, so.... pure. It's like everything you do is to benefit someone else. Which I love about you. Along with your eyes, and smile. You are perfect Claire. So that being said, will you be my girlfriend?"

Wait! Did he seriously just ask me that? Did he seriously just say all that? I feel tears in the corners of my eyes and I take a deep breath. "Yes," I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up. He spins me a couple times and I laugh.

"Seriously?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Of course," I reply and next thing I know is his lips are on mine.

As soon as that happens I sigh and wrap my arms a little bit tighter around his neck. His right arm is around my waist and his left hand is resting on my cheek. I feel him smile into the kiss which makes me do the same. He pulls me closer to him and I let one of my hands run through his hair. It's like a light passionate kiss. Well only for a little. When he lightly bites my bottom lip I make sure that no noise comes out, but I open my mouth slightly. Right then it turns into a hot passionate kiss. He slowly starts walking and my back ends up hitting the wall. Carter bends down and grabs the backs of my thighs, helping me jump and wrap my legs around his waist. Carter pulls away from my lips and starts trailing kisses down my jaw. I let out a quiet moan which causes Carter to move down my neck. He lightly bites right under my jaw bone and I let out a louder moan. When I do he moves back to my lips and I suck on his lips gently. I hear a low noise in the back of his throat and I know I did something right. Carter's hands move right under my butt and I take in a breath. When I do that he pulls away from my slowly and rests his forehead against mine.

Both of us are panting and we can't get a word out. After a minute or two I finally open my eyes and look at Carter. When I do he whispers, "I'm so happy."

I smile and peck his lips. "So am I."

He sets me back on the ground and I straighten out my dress. I can see a smirk growing on his face as he intertwines our fingers together. Now we get an hour and a half before his party.

"Wait," he says and hands me the small black box, "I got this for you."

I open it and see a necklace. It's beautiful. I smile and kiss his cheek.

"You didn't need to get me anything," I say, "it's your birthday."

"And now our anniversary," he smiles and kisses the top of my head.

A/N: I don't believe I've ever mentioned Carter's birthday. It's July 12th. If I did please correct me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 797 29
●●●●●【 T H E O T H E R P R I O R 】●●●●● Sixteen year old, Alivia Prior finally chooses her faction. But here's the news: she's Divergent, j...
3.2K 84 3
Tris has to go on a mission outside of Dauntless with her instructor Four on Christmas Eve. Their plan to be back in time to celebrate Christmas with...
903 8 22
This is a story if Tris had had a normal initiation and her and Tobias were able to have a normal life... It is a story about 3-4 years after Tris wa...
58.2K 1.8K 42
Summary: Tobias is devastated when Tris, the love of his life, dies the day the memory serum is released at the bureau. In his grief, he attempt...