Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lov...

By darrelswonderland

A 17 year old Jedi Padawan named Darrel Pullie, trains to be a Jedi Master. Then he meets an old childhood fr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Master
Chapter 2: Battle of Sullust
Chapter 4: A Spark of Love
Chapter 5: Overlords
Chapter 6: The Altar of Mortis
Chapter 7: Ghosts of Mortis
Chapter 8: The Citadel
Chapter 9: Counterattack
Chapter 10: Citadel Rescue
Chapter 11: Padawans Lost
Chapter 12: The Wookie Hunt
Author's Note
Chapter 13: Date at Dex's Diner
Chapter 14: Water War
Chapter 15: Gungan Attack
Chapter 16: Prisoners
Chapter 17: A Death in the Family
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Slaves of the Republic
Chapter 20: Escape from Kadavo
Chapter 21: A Friend in Need
Chapter 22: The Lust
Author's Note
Chapter 23: A War on Two Fronts
Chapter 24: Front Runners
Chapter 25: The Soft War
Chapter 26: Tipping Points
Chapter 27: The Gathering
Chapter 28: The Test of Strength
Chapter 29: Bound for Rescue
Chapter 30: A Necessary Bond
Chapter 31: Sabotage
Chapter 32: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 33: To Catch a Jedi
Chapter 34: The Wrong Jedi
Chapter 35: Knight of the Republic
Chapter 36: Visiting Barriss
Chapter 37: Orders
Chaper 38: Old Friends Not Forgotten
Chapter 39: The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 40: Shattered
Chapter 41: Victory and Death
Epilogue

Chapter 3: Heroes On Both Sides

3.3K 38 10
By darrelswonderland

When Ahsoka and Darrel arrived at the Senate. They walked inside to see a young female senator about to enter the big meeting room. The senator's name was Padmé Amidala. She turned to see the two Padawans.

"Ahsoka, it's good to see you. Who's your friend?" Padmé asked.

Darrel smiled and looked at the senator.

"My name's Darrel, what's your name?" Darrel said.

"Glad to meet you Darrel, I'm Padmé." The Senator replied.

Darrel looked at Ahsoka and smiled at her, Ahsoka smiled back.

"If you will excuse me, I must head inside. We're having a meeting about the war effort." Padmé said.

The Padawans nodded as Padmé went inside and sat on the hover pod.

"She seems nice, Ahsoka." Darrel said as he leaned against the wall.

Ahsoka stood in front of him and smiled.

"She's like a mother to me." Ahsoka said.

"And it seems like Skywalker is a brother to you, and Obi-Wan is like a father." Darrel said.

Ahsoka giggled and nodded. Anakin soon came to the Senate and saw the Padawans.

Then it started to get loud in the room, Ahsoka and Darrel stood near Padmé's hover pod and listened to what was going on.

"Order! Order! Let Senator Saam finish." Mas Amedea said to the senators.

"This is a matter not of philosophy, more troops are needed. The Republic cannot afford to let me Separatist Alliance gain anymore ground." Saam said.

Then senator Bail Organa's hover pod came near Saam's. 

"Our Jedi Generals inform us that troops in the field continue to perform valiantly. What we cannot afford, is to be irresponsible. The Republic is near the bankruptcy due to the cost of this war." Bail replied.

"Bankruptcy isn't necessary, my friends. If we pass Senator Saam's bill to open new lines of credit, we will gain access to the needed funds." Said Senator Lott Dodd.

"Won't this bill essentially deregulate the banks?" Mom Mothma asked.

"A small price to pay to fiance the war, is it not?" Senator Burtoni asked.

"Get a bill on the table! Keep the war going!" Yelled a Senator.

Then the whole Senate started arguing back and forth about weather or not deregulate the banks. Padmé soon got infuriated with the Senate yelling at each other. She soon stood up, and took a deep breath.

"Members of the Senate!" Padmé yelled.

She then clicked a button to move her hover pod.

"Do you hear yourselves? More money, more clones, more war. Say nothing of the fiscal responsibility. What about moral responsibility?! Hasn't this war gone on long enough?" Padmé asked.

"Senator Amidala, are you suggesting that we surrender to the Separatists?" Saam asked.

"Of course not, but negotiation might be a better course of action." Padmé suggested.

"You can't negotiate with those animals! Keep the war going, VOTE NOW!" A Senator yelled.

Then again, they were back to arguing. Padmé looked disappointed at the fact that most of the senators want to continue the Clone Wars. In her point of view, what's the point of pushing forward with the war? It already took so many lives of Innocents, soldiers, Jedi Knights, friends and many other allies loyal to the Republic.

"Members of the Senate, I suggest we table any emergency bill until it is determined whether or not deregulation is the right course of action." Bail suggested.

It did seem like a good idea. The Chancellor nodded, so did Mas Amedea.

"Very well, we shall let calmer heads prevail." Amedea declared.

The Senate applauded.

"The vote shall be later at night. Until then, the Senate is adjourned." The Chancellor said.

Padmé drove her pod back to where it was and exited the room, Darrel, Anakin, and Ahsoka followed her out.

"I hope everything goes well tonight, Senator." Darrel said to Padmé.

"I'm hoping for the peaceful solution to the war. Hopefully we can get it as soon as possible." Padmé replied.

"Me too, Padmé." Ahsoka said.

"Same here." Darrel said.

"Do you really believe that the Separatist Alliance may want to end the war?" Ahsoka asked.

"There's a few within the Alliance that want peace. I just hope that the war will end by tonight." Padmé replied.

"What about Dooku and Grievous? What will they think about this?" Darrel wondered.

"Good question. I'm sure they won't give up that easily." Anakin said.

Then Senator Saam and Lott Dodd came out a door in front of us. Dodd shoved Darrel.

"Some please have no manners these days..." Darrel muttered.

Lott looked back at the Jedi with a nasty look, then he turned around and carried on with Saam.

"That was Senator Lott Dodd. I don't trust him and his friend Saam." Padmé said.

"Lott Dodd's a Neimodian. They're with the Trade Federation, are they not?" Darrel said.

"Yes and some people believe that they're conspiring with the Separatists." Ahsoka replied.

"It's possible, it'll be revealed sooner or later." Anakin said.

"Anakin, you need to ask the Jedi Council to speak with Chancellor Palpatine." Padmé said.

"Don't involve me in this." Anakin replied

"A peaceful solution ls the only way out of this morass of war." Padme said.

"That's not my role, Padmé." Anakin said with an annoyed look on his face.

Then Darrel and Ahsoka felt concerned about what Anakin said. The Padawans knew the biggest thing that the Jedi are, Keepers of the peace. Which meant that the Jedi try to bring an end to problem, without bloodshed. Now it could the Republic and the Jedi's only chance to bring the Clone War to an end, once and for all. Ahsoka and Darrel came near Anakin and the senator.

"Why isn't it your role? Aren't we Jedi Knights? Isn't it our job to speak our minds to advise the Chancellor?" Ahsoka said to Anakin.

Anakin sighed and looked at her, then turned to Darrel.

"She does have a point." Darrel said.

Anakin sighed again then turned to Padmé.

"Uh, I suggest that you teach my young padawan a thing or two about politics." Anakin said to Padmé.

"After today's debate, I was hoping that she leaned a great deal." Padmé replied.

"Truthfully, I don't understand any of it.
I know the Separatists are evil, But all anyone argued about was banking deregulation, lnterest rates, and, well, almost nothing about why we're fighting in the first Place." Ahsoka said.

Then we stopped walking and Anakin stepped in front of us.

"War's complicated, Ahsoka. But let me simplify it. The Separatists believe the Republic is corrupt, But they're wrong, and we have to restore order." Anakin stated.

Padmé smiled and glared at Anakin.

"Maybe talking to the Jedi Council isn't the role for you after all. Thank you so much for your help, come on Ahsoka. You too, Darrel." Padmé said as she walked past Anakin.

Ahsoka followed, so did Darrel.

"Hey!" Anakin said.

"You wanted me to teach her about politics. So I'm going to." Padme said.

"What about you, Darrel?" Anakin asked.

"Tell Master Kenobi I'll be with the senator." Darrel replied as he let out a little chuckle.

Ahsoka and Padmé looked back at Anakin and laughed. Anakin smiled and walked away.

Meanwhile, in space, a Separatist Cruiser. General Grievous received a hologram transmission from Count Dooku.

"There is a problematic situation brewing in the senate. We must insure that everything my master has set in motion Does not unhinge. My representatives ln the Republic are relying on you, general.
See that your droids complete their mission." Dooku stated.

Grievous nodded.

"But of course, Count. They will not fail." Grievous said.

Dooku's hologram faded, then Grievous left the Command Bridge of his ship.

Later, in Padmé's office. The Senator and the two Padawans entered the office. Darrel and Ahsoka went in front of Padmé's desk. Padmé went up to look at the window and sighed. Ahsoka started to look at her fingernails, and Darrel looked at Padmé.

"Is everything alright, Padmé?" Darrel asked.

"If only I could speak with senator Bonteri." Padmé said to herself.

"Who's he?" Ahsoka asked.

"He is a she, a senator in the Confederacy of Independent Systems." Padmé replied.

Stunned and surprised of what Padmé said, a "Separatist Senator"? Why does she have a friend in the Separatist Alliance? It doesn't make any sense, but she could be one of the senators inside the Separatist that wants the Clone War to end.

"Your friend's a Separatist? One of Dooku's pawns?" Ahsoka asked.

"The Separatist used to be a part of the Republic, I was so to many of the senators who left. I may not agree with them, but their more than pawns." Padmé replied.

"She does have a good point, Ahsoka. The Separatist Alliance became a thing a few years after when Sheev Palpatine took office as Supreme Chancellor. They believe that he's a corrupt man, and unfit to lead the Republic." Darrel said to Ahsoka. Ahsoka smiled at Darrel and punched his arm playfully. Darrel giggled.

"Hey! Just saying." Darrel said. Ahsoka smiled and winked at Darrel. Then Ahsoka turned around to look at Padmé.

"If you think negotiating is the right thing to do, let's go talk to her." Ahsoka said.

Padmé turned around from the window and looked at the two Padawans, she then looked down and sighed.

"The Senate's made it illegal." Padmé said.

"Illegal?" Ahsoka asked with a confused look on her face.

"They say official meetings would only legitimize the Separatists." Padmé said as she turned back to the window.

"Well, Master Skywalker and I hold what we call 'Aggressive Negotiations' all the time. It's a shame that you can't hold more peaceful talks when you want." Ahsoka said.

The Senator soon rose her head up and turned around and looked at Ahsoka and Darrel.

"You just gave me an idea! You're both Jedi, which gives you special clearance." Padmé said.

"Right?" Ahsoka replied.

"And Jedi are allowed to travel to neutral worlds like Mandalore, where we could then board a cargo ship to a Separatist System." Padme said.

"Are you suggesting we use our status' as a Jedi to smuggle you behind enemy lines?" Ahsoka asked.

"Honestly, I think we should go. Two good reasons. One, if Bonteri can successfully influence the Separatist Senate to do peace talks with Chancellor Palpatine and the Republic, this war should be over by night. And two, anything to get off Coruscant, there's nothing else to do!" Darrel said.

Ahsoka smiled at Darrel. He did make a point and it is something to do to leave the Republic Capitol for a while.

"It's just that you could get us through to meet with her and i haven't seen her or her family in so long." Padmé cried.

"Relax, we'll help you. Besides, Master Skywalker said you should teach me about politics, right? You know, you two have more in common than you think. It's no wonder how you get along so well." Ahsoka said smiling at Padmé. Padmé blushed and looked at Ahsoka.

"Huh? Of course." Padmé said softly.

"May I accompany you as well, senator?" Darrel asked Padmé. Padmé looked over at Darrel and smiled.

"Of course you can. You're a friend of Ahsoka. A friend of hers is a friend of mine." Padmé said. Darrel followed the ladies to the door.

"So where are we headed?" Ahsoka asked.

"Raxus." Padmé whispered.

Later back on Grievous' ship. Grievous received a hologram transmission from Count Dooku and a Separatist Senator.

"Have all the preparations been made?" Dooku asked.

"I'm about to deploy The Infiltrators." Grievous replied.

"You must hurry! The Senate is restless." The Senator stated.

"I don't take orders from you, only from Count Dooku." Grievous said to the senator. Then Grievous clicked the hologram off, he walked over to The Infiltrators.

"You have been designed for this mission to be the ultimate infiltration units. Some of you will not return, actually none of you will return. But don't let that get in your way, is that clear?!" Grievous said to the infiltration droids. The droids got into their position and went to the transport inside the hanger.

"Get them to Coruscant!" Grievous said to a droid pilot. The pilot nodded and escorted the Droids inside the ship.

Meanwhile back on Coruscant. Padmé, Ahsoka and Darrel boarded a small cargo ship. The two Padawans had cloaks on to disguise themselves. Soon, the cargo ship took off and headed to Raxus.

Ahsoka's POV

I known him for a long time since we were little children. He hasn't changed a bit. There's lots of things to like about him.

• His skill and potential
• He puts others before himself
• His kindness and love to his friends and loved ones
• His respect for himself and everyone around him

I love his smile, voice, and his handsome face. He has a great personality and character. He'd always look out for his friends and family. I see something in him that's irresistible. I think.... I'm in love with him. I already been in love with him to be honest, it's just that I'm afraid to tell him. What if he laughs? What if he tells Anakin or the Jedi Council?

Well I have to tell him sooner or later before it's too late. I love him and I soon I'll be together with him soon. I know that love and attachment is against the Jedi Code, but at this point, I don't really care. I LOVE DARREL! We'll just keep it a secret, that is if he feels the same way for me.

On the cargo ship headed to Raxus. Darrel was wearing a Corellian Flight Suit as a disguise, he got the suit from the pilot. It seemed like the suit fitted Darrel. He put his Jedi Robes in a cabinet in the ship. He put his lightsaber on his belt. Then he took a nap beside Ahsoka, she smiled and kissed his cheek. Padmé watched and smiled.

"You like him, don't you?" Padme asked Ahsoka.

Ahsoka looked at the senator with a smile on her face and looked down. Ahsoka nodded.

"Yes, I do. I'm in love with him. I haven't told him yet because I'm scared of his reaction." Ahsoka replied nervously.

Padmé smiled and sat next to Ahsoka. The senator already knew that Ahsoka liked Darrel, because of the way Ahsoka looked and smiled at him.

"Don't be afraid. What if he loves you and doesn't want to tell you because of the same reason? Because he might be afraid as well as how you'll react." Padmé stated.

Ahsoka looked at Padmé and smiled at her.

"Thank you, Padmé." Ahsoka said with a smile on her face watching Darrel sleep.

"He's so cute when he's asleep!" Ahsoka whispered.

Padmé nodded and came closer to Ahsoka to whisper to her.

"Promise me you'll confess your feelings for him soon." Padmé said.

Ahsoka nodded.

"We are approaching Raxus, we'll be touching down on the planet surface in five minutes. Please be ready for get off. We'll be landing shortly and we'll be landing on platform B. " The pilot said.

Ahsoka then tried to wake Darrel up. Darrel opened his eyes and groaned softly. He then turned to see Ahsoka and Padmé.

"Wakey Wakey, Rel-Rel." Ahsoka said to Darrel giggling quietly.

Rel-Rel was Darrel's nickname. Ahsoka was the only person in his life that called him that. Back then as a younger child, he didn't like the name, but then he got used to the name and just went with the flow.

"We're almost on the surface. Glad you're awake, Darrel." Ahsoka said.

Darrel smiled and hugged Ahsoka gently, Ahsoka blushed a little and smiled at Darrel. He soon released her, and put on his cloak. Ahsoka and Padmé done the same and got some luggage to carry. We then landed on the landing platform. Ahsoka, and the two Jedi, along with the passengers exited the cargo ship. Raxus was a beautiful and peaceful city, even though it was controlled by the Separatist Alliance. Battle Droids were on the platform getting identifications from the passengers getting off the ship. One of the droids noticed the lightsaber on Ahsoka's belt and was about to step forward towards us, but a female passenger came towards the droid.

"Excuse me? This is platform B?" She asked.

"Uhh, platform B?" The droid said.

Another passenger led Padmé, Ahsoka, and Darrel to senator Bonteri. Then Nina Bonteri turned around and saw her old friend Padmé, and the young Jedi Padawans.

"Hello, old friend." Nina said with a bright smile on her face.

"Ahsoka, Darrel, this is Nina Bonteri. She was my mentor when I was growing up on Naboo." Padmé said.

Darrel came forward towards Nina and smiled.

"Delightful to meet you, miss. Bonteri. My name's Darrel." Darrel said as he took Nina's hand and kisses it.

Nina smiled and blushed at Darrel.

"You're a Separatist?" Ahsoka asked Bonteri.

Nina chucked at Ahsoka and looked at her with a smile on her face.

"Of course, my dear! What were you expecting? Now come, I have a transport waiting." Nina said as she directed Ahsoka, Padmé, and Darrel to her transport.

Later, when they arrived at the Bonteri Residence. The senators and the Jedi exited the transport. There was a boy on the staircase close to the entrance of the house. His name was Lux Bonteri, Nina's son, he was light skinned with short brown hair, he was also wearing a suit. Darrel looked at the Bonteri House and admired the beauty of it.

"Such a beautiful home you have, Miss. Bonteri." Darrel said.

"Indeed! Lux, cone down and help our guests with their luggage, please." Nina asked. Lux nodded and came downstairs to assist.

"Padmé, it's so good to see you!" Nina said holding Padmé close to her.

"Yes. How things have changed since the last time we met." Padmé replied as she put her head on Nina's shoulder.

"Let's go inside. There's much to discuss." Nina said with a smile.

Then Lux finally came down the stairs and stopped in front of Padmé and Nina, he bowed in respect.

"Please, allow me." Lux said as he reached for Padmé's luggage, she gave him the suitcase.

Then the two adults went upstairs. Lux walked about to Ahsoka and Darrel. Lux noticed Ahsoka's luggage as well.

"May I?" Lux asked.

Before Lux could reach it Ahsoka kept it away from him.

"I can handle it." Ahsoka said to Lux with a upset look on her face as she resumed waking upstairs inside the house.

Darrel overheard what just happened.

"Sorry, about her Lux. Since you're a Separatist, that'll be her first impression towards you." Darrel said to Lux.

"It's fine. Let's head upstairs." Lux said.

Darrel nodded and caught up with Ahsoka.

"He was only trying to help." Darrel said to Ahsoka.

Then she looked at Darrel and seemed annoyed.

"I know... It's just my first time meeting an actual Separatist." Ahsoka replied.

"Not everyone in the Separatist Cause are cruel, Ahsoka. Some have a good character, others do not." Darrel said.

"Good point." Ahsoka replied as she walked into the house, Darrel followed her inside.

Later in the Bonteri House, Padmé and Nina were having a glass of wine, Darrel and Ahsoka were standing looking at window. They saw Lux outside sitting on the staircase. He really didn't seem happy.

"Lux has grown so much, Nina." Padmé said.

"Time won't stop, even of we're at war. And I'm afraid that these events are shaping his young life." Nina replied.

Padmé sighed and turned towards Nina. Ahsoka stepped forward towards the senator, she seemed concerned about Nina's statement.

"With all due respect, as a Separatist, didn't you create this war?" Ahsoka asked Nina.

Padmé turned to Ahsoka in shock, Padmé was embarrassed.

"Ahsoka!" Padmé said in an angry voice.

Nina looked at the Jedi Padawan, she smiled at her as looked at Padmé.

"It's alright. That's a very polarized point of view, my dear. Would it surprise you and your friend Darrel to know that many of the people you called 'Separatists' feel the same way about the Republic, and the Jedi? Lux's father was like that." Nina said to Ahsoka.

Ahsoka looked over at Darrel then turned back to look at Nina.

"Maybe we could speak with him." Ahsoka suggested.

Nina looked away from the Jedi and sighed.

"If only you could. A year ago next week, he was setting up a base on Aargonar when the Clones attacked. My husband fought bravely in self-defense, but was killed." Nina said as a tear came from her eye.

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that, senator. My condolences." Darrel said.

Ahsoka sighed, this explained why Lux is probably upset.

"Excuse me, I think I'll get some air." Ahsoka said as she exited the house.

Darrel watched her leave and sighed. Darrel said. He bowed in respect and exited the house.

Meanwhile on Coruscant, the Separatist Shuttle with The Infiltrators landed on platform. The droids rolled out of the ship, they were disguised as Cleaning Droids. The Clone Troopers stationed at the platform saw them.

"Ah, the cleaning droids. Finally. Don't waste any time. Get to work." A Clone Trooper said. The droids replied with a few beeps and whistles.

Later, back on Raxus, Ahsoka and Darrel walked down the stairs. When they passed Lux, he seemed to notice their lightsabers.

"You both are Jedi, aren't you?" Lux asked them.

Ahsoka and Darrel turned towards the young Separatist Senator.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Ahsoka replied with a negative tone.

"Before the war, I was always told that the Jedi were good." Lux said to the Padawans.

"And now?" Ahsoka asked with a curious tone.

Lux started walking down the staircase with the two Jedi.

"I don't know anymore. There's a lot of terrible things happening, a lot killing. And now my friends are saying the Jedi are to blame." He said.

They smiled at the young senator.

"We're the first Jedi Knights you've ever met, aren't we?" Ahsoka asked Lux.

The young teenagers soon got down to the end of the staircase. Lux tried to remember hard if he ever met another Jedi before Ahsoka and Darrel.

"Uh, I... Yes." Lux replied.

Ahsoka and Darrel turned at Lux and looked at him.

"Look at us, not so bad, are we?" Ahsoka asked as she smiled and crossed her arms, Darrel stood next to her and looked at Lux.

The young senator took a good look at the Jedi Padawans.

"No, not bad at all." Lux answered.

Ahsoka sighed at Lux and turned away.

"Well, it seems boys are the same whether they're Republic or Separatist. But you don't count, Darrel."

Ahsoka said as she smiled at Darrel and walked towards the garden. Darrel blushed and walked with Ahsoka. Lux caught up with the Jedi, and tried speaking with them again.

"How many Separatists have you both met?" Lux asked.

Darrel and Ahsoka looked at Lux with confusion.

"Pardon?" Darrel asked.

"Well, I mean, you think we're all the bad guys. But how many of us have you actually met? And droids don't count." Lux asked.

"Well, other than military officers like Grievous and Ventress, none, I guess. You and your mother are the first." Ahsoka stated to Lux.

The young Senator gave Ahsoka a little smile, and she smiled back.

"Well, look at me. Am I so bad?" Lux asked Ahsoka. Ahsoka looked at him and smiled at him.

"You seem nice and harmless." Ahsoka answered. Lux blushed and smiled.

"Awe, thank you." Lux replied.

Meanwhile, back in the Bonteri House. Nina and Padmé were having a glass of wine.

"I sense Dooku's dirty hand in all of this." Padmé said to Nina.

"He's just the leader of the Senate, he's not the leader of the entire universe." Nina replied.

"Oh, I forgot. You actually admire the man." Padmé said as she looked down.

"We'll never entirely agree on Dooku, my old friend. But we can agree on a need to stop this war. The question is how." Nina said.

Padmé cleared her throat and put the wine glass down.

"That's why it was so urgent that I speak with you. The Republic Senate is holding a critical vote on whether or not to escalate the war effort. However, many of the delegates are undecided as to what to do." Padmé said.

"How interesting. You would find the Separatist Parliament in a similar dilemma." Nina replied.

"I am certain if you could convince your representatives to extend an olive branch of peace towards the Republic, there might be enough sympathy in the Senate to finally open peace negotiations." Padmé said.

"I admire your spirit, Padmé. I can at least put the motion on the floor." Nina stated.

Padmé smiled and nodded in agreement to Nina's plan to try to work on the agreement for peace.

"Thank you, Nina. That's all I ask." Padmé replied.

The two women stood up with their glasses in their hands about to do a toast.

"To peace, then." Nina said to Padmé.

Padmé then looked outside and saw Lux, Ahsoka, and Darrel talking in the Bonteri Garden. Then she turned to look at Nina, and raised her glass.

"To hope." Padmé said, then both senators hit their glasses.

A few hours later, Darrel, Ahsoka, and Padmé was in the Separatist Senate sitting in the podium, wearing cloaks to hide their identity. Nina, along with six other representatives of the Confederacy, were debating about the war.

"How many lives on both sides have to end before we see the futility? Surely there's room in the galaxy far Confederate and Republic Planets to coexist. I move that we immediately open peace negotiations with Chancellor Palpatine on Coruscant." Nina stated. 

The Senate was soon in chaos. Padmé, and the young Jedi were watching to see whom will speak next.

"The Corporate Alliance will never allow this to happen." Said a female Representative.

"This is a democracy, and unlike the Republic, corporations do not rule us." Replied a male Representative.

All the other senators in the podium were screaming and yelling about peace negotiations with the Republic. One said Nay, another said Aye. Then, on the other side of the room was a hologram of Count Dooku. The arguing and fighting disturbed him about Nina's suggestion about peace talks.

"Quiet! In accordance with the bylaws of independent systems, a voice vote is required. All in favor of initiating peace negotiations with the Galactic Republic, say aye." Dooku stated.

"Aye!" Nina said.

"Aye!" Said a Senator.

"Aye!" Said a Representative.

"All those opposed." Dooku said.

"Nay!" Said a Representative.

"Nay!" Said another Representative.

"The ayes have it!" Dooku declared.

The Senate applauded in cheer. Nina looked at Padmé, and the two Jedi in the audience. They nodded at Nina and the Senate began to adjourn.

Meanwhile back on Coruscant in the Senate Building, Dooku's representatives in the Republic, Lott Dodd, Saam, and a Banking Clan Representative had a meeting with him via hologram. The Count was informing them about the Separatist Senate voting on stopping the Clone War.

"This is quite troubling, your own Senate voting to end the war?" The Banking Clan Representative asked Dooku.

"I assure you, gentlemen, your worries are gravely exaggerated." Dooku replied to the Representative.

"How can you be sure this groundswell of peace won't continue? Where is the attack we were promised?" Lott Dodd asked.

"After our attack, the chances of peace will disappear. the Banking Clan, the Trade Federation, and the Techno Union will all get their fair share and then some." Dooku replied.

The Representatives and Senators nodded in agreement, then Dooku's hologram faded.

Later back on Raxus, at the landing platform. Padmé and Nina were saying their goodbyes, while Lux and the two Jedi were speaking to each other. Padmé and the Jedi were still wearing their cloaks to prevent Separatist Detection.

"Well, this is goodbye." Padmé said with a frown.

"I've been disappointed before, and yet, I almost feel as if this time the tide has turned in the war. You should hurry." Nina replied to her friend. Then Nina turned to the Jedi Padawans and smiled.

"Goodbye, young Jedi." Nina whispered.

The two Jedi Padawans bowed in respect to Nina and Lux.

"Do you really think that the Republic will vote for peace?" Lux asked to the two Jedi.

"I hope so. I wouldn't want to meet you on the battlefield, for your sake." Ahsoka said as she winked and smiled at Lux.

"Go, you three. Quickly!" Nina said as Padmé and the Jedi boarded the cargo ship they rode on to get to Raxus.

Meanwhile, on Coruscant, The Infiltrators were in their "Cleaning Droid" position to avoid detection from the Clone Troopers. Then the droid team leaders received a transmission from Grievous via hologram.

"Team leaders, come in! Commence phase two of the plan." Grievous ordered as he coughed loudly.

The droids acknowledged his command with two beeps, then Grievous' hologram image faded. The droids moved towards the pathway to the power generators. It was guarded by four Clone Troopers, a Clone Trooper Commander named Fox was also with the other Clone Soldiers, checking identification.

"Alright, everybody have your passes out." Fox said to the droids.

A droid team leader showed their I.D. to Fox. The Clone Commander kneeled to have a closer look at the hologram.

"Hmm, generator maintenance, eh? Yeah, well, everything checks out. Good luck down there." Fox said as he scooted over to the side to let the droids pass, but Fox noticed that they were going the wrong way.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute." Fox said as the droids stopped and turned to look at Fox.

"The power generators are to the left." He said as the droids correct their mistake and head towards the left pathway.

The Clone Soldiers laughed at the droid's mistake.

"Stupid droids." Fox said.

Meanwhile at the Chancellor's office, Padmé and Palpatine were having a discussion about the Separatist's offer for peace, while Ahsoka and Darrel were standing behind the senator.

"Well, well, well. This is quite the stunning development." Palpatine said to Padmé as he was drinking a little glass of wine.

"Your excellency, we would be remiss, if not irresponsible, to reject the Separatist's proposal." Padmé said.

The Chancellor put down his glass on a sliver platter that a Servant Droid had in his hands.

"Of course!" Palpatine replied.

"An end to the fighting, would mean there's no need to money for more clones." Padmé said.

The Chancellor looked at Padmé and smiled and walked with Padmé to the corner of the room.

"I can see why you want so badly to believe that the Separatists desire peace." The Chancellor said to Padmé.

"I- I don't understand." Padmé said with confusion.

"In the past, whenever we've reached out our hands in peace, they've been slapped away. Can we really believed that they're ready to sue for peace?" Palpatine stated softly.

"If I might speak with you confidentially, I know that this is sincere. I've been in contact with my old friend Nina Bonteri, and the origin of the proposal is with her." Padmé whispered.

Palpatine froze up for a while, and was surprised that Padmé was able to get in contact with her.

"Bonteri? How was the dialogue established?" Palpatine asked.

"Does it matter, Chancellor? If the result is an end to the war?" Padmé asked.

Then both Padmé and Palpatine came back towards Amedea and the two Jedi.

"I see your point, my dear. Then we shall put the vote to the floor." The Chancellor said to Padmé putting his arm around her.

"It's decided, then." Darrel said.

Later at the power generators, the Infiltrators entered the facility. The went through the walls to the main control room, then two generator workers noticed the droids approach the control room.

"Sweeper Droids? We didn't schedule a cleaning." One of the Workers said.

Then the droids transformed into their battle position and started firing at the workers, both of the workers were shot and killed. The droids finally entered the control room and killed the rest of the workers, one of the workers pulled out a blaster and attempted to shoot one of the droids, but the droid shot him.

Meanwhile, at the Senate Building, there was a meeting about whether or not to deregulate the banks.

"Given that the Separatist have put a call for negotiations on the table, the need for additional troops seems ill-timed." Padmé stated.

"Which means there's no need to deregulate the banks." Bail Organa replied.

"I say we vote that down now." Senator Farr suggested.

Back at the power generators, the droids went into their self-destruct form. It was only one minute before they would explode.

Back at the Senate....

"There is a move to vote on the proposed bill to lift regulations on the Banking Clan." Mas Amedea said.

"Dooku promised he'd stop this vote." Lott Dodd whispered to himself.

"You may enter your vote." Mas Amedea said.

The senators began entering their votes whether to end or continue the war. All the votes were coming in fast, almost all of them were ending the war. But just then, there was a loud explosion, it was the power generator. Shortly after the explosion, Coruscant blacked out, so did the Senate Building, but the Senate's emergency lights were activated. Darrel and Ahsoka looked around the room in surprised.

There was soon explosions in the city of Coruscant, the civilians panicked in fear. They started yelling and running away. Fear and aggression filled the city. Due to this attack, peace would be impossible between the Separatist and the Republic.

"We're under attack!" Senator Taa cried.

In the city of Coruscant, there was panic and mass chaos spreading. Explosions erupted through the city. The citywide alarm started, while local security and Clone Soldiers were to stabilize the situations.

Back in the Senate Building...

"The bombing of the power generator has been confirmed as a Separatist attack! They must pay for what they have done!" Senator Saam said with anger.

"But it was the Separatist Congress that issued the bill of peace!" Padmé replied.

"Obviously a tactic to lower our defenses and launch this attack." Mas Amedea assumed.

"No! That's not true!" Padmé protested.

"I move to immediately deregulate the banks." Senator Burtoni suggested.

"We need a bank loan to get more troops, now!" A Senator demanded.

"What are we waiting for?!" Yelled a Senator.

"I'm afraid we've been given little choice. To insure the safety of the Republic, we must deregulate the banks." The Chancellor declared.

Padmé sighed softly and left the room as Ahsoka and Darrel allowed her out. Then they saw Anakin and a fellow Jedi Padawan speaking to each other, when Padmé and the two Jedi Padawans approached Anakin, the fellow Jedi left the hallway. Anakin turned towards us and looked at us with a crossed expression.

"I'm returning your padawans." Padmé said.

"I'm sorry your talks with Bonteri failed." Anakin said.

"How did you know?" Ahsoka said her master.

"We have eyes and ears everywhere, Ahsoka. That was careless and dangerous going to Raxus, not to mention illegal. You went too far this time. I'm disappointed in you, Snips. Even you, Darrel." Anakin replied.

Darrel sighed and looked down. Ahsoka put her hand on Darrel's shoulder. She looked into his eyes and hugged him. She put her arms around his back and she came towards Darrel's ear and whispered to him.

"It's ok, that's Anakin for you." Ahsoka said as she released her friend.

Then the Jedi and the senator began to proceed to Padmé's office.

"You would do the same as me, Darrel, and Padmé did. You do the same all the time." Ahsoka said.

"This was too much." Anakin said to Ahsoka.

"Maybe so, but I realized something, the politics of this war are not black and white as I once thought they were." Ahsoka replied.

"I guess the war will continue." Darrel said.

"Indeed." Anakin replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 392 50
Every decision has long reaching consequences. When Ahsoka Tano is taken to the future, she joins Luke Skywalker as he attempts to rescue his friends...
46.9K 1.4K 53
Y/N L/N is a soldier who lost his parents. Became a trooper to fight alongisde the Republic. Y/N would excel expectations within the Order but he wou...
1.4K 22 13
At age 3, Anakin Skywalker was taken from the slave planet, Tatooine. At age 9, he was taken under the wing of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. At age 15...
4.3K 180 13
~Short Story~ A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. After being accused of treason against the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano finds herself unable to w...