LOVING THE RAPIST CHILD

Par Zamzba1

Bright has had a great share of life and everyday for the past seven years she is constantly reminded of what... Plus

LOVING THE RAPIST CHILD
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
AN
Chapters 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
AN
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
AN
AN

chapter 29

94 6 0
Par Zamzba1

Ed opened his drawer to pick up his wristwatch,  he saw the gift bag that he kept safely in his drawer since he came back from Uk. He didnt know the reason  he has been taking it with him everywhere he went for the past few days. He wanted to pop the big question for a long time but he didnt know what was keeping him.

He walked away from it,  closing the drawer. 
He was already in his car before  he  went back inside his apartment to pick it again. It is going to be now or never, the opened the drawer for the nth time and closed it.
Ed emptied  the content inside his pocket and made sure it was safe before going to work.

"Sir" Ed's secretary  interrupted his morning routine,  which usually involves a little word of prayer, black coffee and checking his emails for important information that  needs his personal attention. 

"Yes, Shade? What do you want?" Ed asked a bit irritable that he was being disturbed while trying to reply a client.

"Sir, your meeting is  scheduled to hold in thirty minutes time here is the document  concerning the the contract  in Uk that needs to be   settled.  Also, I was thinking if you wanted me to forward  list of  the candidates that  I screened for the job of the HR manger.

"Yes, just drop it the table " Ed replied rudely still not looking but at her but facing his laptop with a very serious countenance.

"Sir, am sorry and i know it is none of my business but... "

Ed glanced up from what he was doing from his Laptop , he wasn't sure he wanted to hear what his secretary wanted to say.

" i just noticed that you have not being yourself since morning,  i was wondering if all is well,  or i was hoping... maybe due to the fact that....  i am just saying that.... sorry sir"

"No, no! It is okay, i appreciate the concern,  am going to be fine, thanks Shade"

"Okay sir" she left closing the door quietly behind her.

Ed watched her as she went out . She was just a little younger than Bright,  very smart woman.
But that wasn't what worried him, he opened his drawer again and brought out the small black box from the gift bag he bought in Uk. He opened it again and stared at it. He wasn't sure how he was going to go about it.

Was he having doubt about his decisions?,  no, not really, in fact the couldn't wait to take the next line of action but at the same time he couldn't help but flash back to the phone call he received three  days ago in Bright's place.

Ed drove his car to the location that was texted to him on his phone. He would have told Bri, but he couldn't allow her to panick or be disturbed because of this phone call.

He wanted to meet this guy alone, who claims he has some information about the woman he was dating. What was he going to expect? he has seen the worst  aspect of Bright and he has also seen the best part of her especially when she is with her son.

He didn't know what to expect but he kept going towards the direction  anyways.

He packed his car in front of the lounge, which was already getting full due to the time of the night.  

He scanned the faces around trying to guess which one of the faces among the crowd called and sent him the message.

He felt as if he was being watched, he turned to the direction and meet a pair of eye.

He didn't know why he walked over the man standing near the bar, but he knew even if the man standing here wasn't the man, the bar is a easy place to locate someone in a crowd.

"You are a smart man Mr Makinde"
Ed gave a small smile as he approached the man who was now draining a can of beer.

"Did you send me the text?" Ed wasnt really ready for chit chat.  He just wanted to know why he was here sitting with this man. Who he was? And what he wanted from all this.

The man extended his hand

"Rosko, you want some beer?" His breathe was stinking due to cigarette and alcohol.

"No man, just lets go straight to business shall we?"

"Not here,  it is too loud how about we go to a more quiet area " Rosko pointed to a coner where there was less people.

"Okay"

Ed sat down, studied the man in his front. He looked confident and so sure of  what he was about to say that he was eager to hear.

"Your text said you havre information about my girlfriend "

"As a matter of fact your girlfriend is Bright Adams , but i know her as Nasty. She is that good "  Rosko grinned from remembering all those days of when  he and Bright were working for Mistress.

Ed was getting irritated by now,  but he had to play his cards well,  so instead of showing his anger he concealed it and tried to act interested even though he  wasn't really ready to know what was coming next.

"You must know so well then, am interested to know what you have"

"Well, nothing much i just want to thank you 1st of all for taking care of  my son Jake for me,  I can also see that she has changed since she has started being with you.
I am actually surprised though . But you  know one thing you can never stop her from what she is. She is made for the world man. She is wild and a prostitute ..."

Rosko cant recall how it happened but he touched his nose as it stung and he saw it was bleeding.

Ed squeeze his shirt and had a violent look. He didn't know what annoyed him more if it was the fact that he was calling Bright a prostitute or the fact that he was calling Jake his son.

"I wont see you again near my family or Bright or even Jake. And dont even try me or test my patience because if you do, I promise you i am going to do much worst than just punching you. I may be a Christian and God may not like violence but I do.
I dont care who sent you or who you work for, but if i see you near her or her son. I will destroy you. You dont want to test me Rosko"

Ed pushed him away,  he looked at Rosko on the floor blood stilling flowing from his nose. He was surprised by what he has done and even more surprised at the level of violence he was capable of doing.

He looked around and saw that he already created a scene.

Ed was fumming so bad as he got into his car.
Why God?  Why do you make me go through this?  Why cant I just love a good person? 
Why cant she just be normal? Why is it that things are getting worst? God am just a man. There is so much that a man can go through before he breaks.

" 1 Corinthians 10 vs 13 "No temptation has seized you expect what is common to man. And God is faithful He will  not let you be tempted beyond what you will  bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it"

Oh God! I dont think i can handle it at times. I love her God. So much it hurts at times.

"My Grace is sufficient for you, restful and submitting is the attitude you need"

Ed drove round ruminating on what he heard restful and submitting.

Knock knock!!!
Interrupted Ed's thoughts.
He was still in his office,  he glanced at his watch and  discovered he was fifteen minutes behind the meeting.

He sprang up from his chair and hurriedly carried the files sitting on the table with him.

"Sir, they are waiting for you in the conference room "

"I know "

Ed was thankful that he had already done the main negotiations and it just included the signing and finishing.

"Can we have the copy of the documents we want to sign?" Mr Ace asked.

His secretary stretched another folder to Mr Ace before Ed could stretch his own.

He looked at the folder in her hand and looked at one in his hands.

Ed looked at the documents for the second time and discovered he took the wrong one.

"I am sorry about that "

Mr Ace laughed, " it happens ,you just be careful next time  so that it doesn't cost you"

They stood up and after the friendly handshake the Irish man left their office.

"Shade"

"Yes sir" his secretary looked at him before carrying   her eyes away, she knew her boss was not in a good mood,  taking the wrong document just proved it correct. She had noticed it after he snapped at her and immediately entered his office to take the correct one in order to save her boss from further embarrassment.

"Thank you, again"  They exchanged glance for a while before leaving her in the conference room.  

He took his phone from his pocket and dialed Bright's number.

She picked it after the second ring. 

"Hello? Dear"

"Hello is the day going?" Ed walked into his office and closed the door behind him. He sat down on the glass table not putting all his weight on it.

"It going on well, busy rush during lunch, Ed your voice is dull are you okay?"

" i am okay Bri, just a busy day too"

" am not buying that Ed, this is not the 1st time you have a busy day, but you sound off"

Ed sensed the concern in her voice

"Am fine, can you come over to my place at night. You can bring Jake along"

" No, i am dropping Jake with my neighbour, i am coming lets say by 5 after  my shift"

" i dont know if I am going to be home by then"

" i will wait for you, i have an extra key remember?"

"Okay, cant wait to see you then"

"Bye dear" she whispered into the phone."

"Bye"

The phone went dead.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

11.3K 1.9K 40
Three years down the line and Kendra still can't find any reason that pulled her into a marriage that was now crumbling. With every impact of Connor'...
1.9K 219 24
First of all, the story is based on a traditional average Nigerian family. Belle was born to a struggling single mother, well not really single, but...
35.3K 4.8K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
2.3K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...