The Angel's Ambivalence [Naru...

By dawnsnotebook

~Sequel to: "I Got Caught In A Storm... And Now I'm Stuck In Naruto!?"~ It's been two and a half years since... More

The Angel's Ambivalence
A Single Rose
Homecoming
The Reunion
Intruder
Mission: Rescue The Kazekage!
The Sand Village
Crushes, Encounters, and Games
Jinchuriki
Battling Emotions
The Kazekage's Resurrection
Keys, Missions, and Kisses
Awkward Situations and Rescues
Nightmares Come To Life
My Doppelganger
Dangerous Accusations
The Deal
The Plan
Mission: Kill Scarlett: Failed
The New Teammate
It's Official... We Hate You!
Tenchi Bridge
Sai's Real Mission
Team 7: Reunited
Dangerous Curiosity
Unwelcomed
Split Personalities
My Charm Bracelet
The New Deal
Luna's Vision
Meeting Jugo
Truth or Dare?
Just Tonight
Ryuu vs. Sasuke
Dates, Kisses, and A Final Goodbye
Mission Preparations
Itachi's Death
Aftershock
Always & Forever
The Truth
Forgiveness
The Secret Message
The Hidden Dragon Village
Minxie's Training
The Creator
Dragon Warriors, Fatal Fears, and the Ultimate Confession
Minxie & Naruto vs. Pain
Faith, Reconstruction, and a Disastrous Revelation
The Group's Fatal Decision
The Gokage Summit
Done
The New Minxie
Bringing Her Back
Not So Sweet 17
TAA Special: Road to Ninja
The Jinchuriki Island
The Prophecy Child and the Savior
Important Announcement
The Fourth Great Shinobi War
Akira, Hashirama, and Madara
A Caged Bird's Song
The Takeda Twins
No Return
Kaguya Ohtsutsuki
Naruto vs. Sasuke: The Final Battle
When You're Gone
TAA Special: Gotta See, Gotta Know! Kakashi-sensei's True Face!

Scarlett's Philosophy

18.9K 429 245
By dawnsnotebook

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Minxie's POV

"Are you really sure you're going to take it?" I asked for the hundreth time, staring distastefully at Suigetsu with my arms crossed over my chest.

We were currently at the graves of Zabuza and Haku, and Suigetsu was going to take Zabuza's sword. I understood why he wanted it, since it was one of the famed blades of the legendary Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Hidden Mist, but taking it from a grave just seemed wrong to me.

"Of course I am," Suigetsu answered, pulling the blade from the dirt. "This weapon of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen has been handed down from generation to generation. It's tradition."

"But still... You're taking it from your dead sensei's grave," I pointed out.

"So?" the fish-like teen questioned, raising an eyebrow at me. "It's not like it matters to him now. He's dead."

I sighed. "It's grave-robbing. That's hardly a good thing."

"Says the girl who's traveling with Orochimaru's pupil," He said.

"I didn't plan this. I was just on a mission as a Konoha ninja," I snapped, gesturing to the headband that was around my arm. "I still have no idea why I'm here."

He shrugged. "Whatever. This sword was practically made for me," He said. He glanced at Sasuke. "So long as I have it... Not even you can touch me... Well, maybe." He slung the sword onto his back. "Besides, if you're going to have Jugo along, this sword'll come in handy."

"Jugo?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Who's Jugo?"

"You haven't told her about him yet?" Suigetsu asked, raising an eyebrow in Sasuke's direction.

"I'm forming a small team, like I said before," Sasuke answered, ignoring Suigetsu. "Jugo is one of the other ninja I had in mind."

"And when were you going to tell me about this?" I inquired, stepping forward.

"What I do is none of your concern," He shot back simply.

"It is when it applies to me!" I exclaimed. "You're dragging me around, acting like I'm some sort of tag along... I don't want to be here!"

"Then leave," He said. "I won't care."

"I wasn't planning on you doing so, anyway," I said, scowling at him.

"Talk about bitterness," Suigetsu said, interrupting our argument. "I assume there's bad blood between the two of you?"

"You have no idea," I hissed, glowering at Sasuke.

"I figured as much," He continued, nodding, as if he'd solved one of the greatest mysteries of all time. "I mean, I knew something was up from the minute I saw you together. You two have way too much eye-sex to be strangers."

Despite the absolute falseness of his words, I still felt my cheeks burn, a blush spreading across my face at his implications. "We do not! Why does everything always have to be so sexual with you!?"

He chuckled at my reaction. "Aw, c'mon. Lighten up, cute stuff. You'll get frown lines."

"Suigetsu, if you keep talking, you're going to get injury lines from how many times I'm going to punch you in the face."

"I know that the whole threatening thing is supposed to make me unhappy... But really, you're just turning me on."

My eye twitched. "And that is where this conversation ends."

~*~

I stared into the fire as I sat on a log, Suigetsu sitting across from me. We were camping out in the forest, and tomorrow, we'd head to the Southern Hideout to find some person Sasuke wanted on his team, someone he obviously didn't feel the need to tell me about, as usual.

Sasuke went off to do something, and, as expected, he didn't elaborate. I was going to kill him for leaving me alone with Suigetsu for God knows how long.

"I heard about you," Suigetsu said suddenly, making me look up at him. "You're a Takeda."

I raised an eyebrow. "How did you know that?"

"I do my research. I paid extra attention to the team that was able to kill Zabuza. Plus, the emerald green eyes and cat-like features make your lineage pretty obvious," He explained. "You stood out the most. You were on Sasuke's team when you were thirteen, right?"

"Right," I said, looking back at the fire. I didn't like where this conversation was heading.

"And was that before or after you fell for him?" He inquired calmly.

I almost stopped breathing, my eyes going completely wide. "What did you just say?"

"Don't play dumb, Minxie," He said, rolling his eyes. "I may be perverted, but I'm not stupid. Even after only one day... I know you and Sasuke have history. You just don't want to talk about it."

"... If you know that I don't want to talk about it, why are you asking?" I asked, my eyes never leaving the fire.

"Confusion," He answered. "Curiosity. Boredom. Whatever it is... I just don't get it. What did he do to you?"

I felt my jaw clench. I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to tell anyone. Speaking about what had happened between Sasuke and I just hurt too much.

But then again... I couldn't help it. I was broken, and I was only getting weaker every single time I kept what I was feeling bottled up. 

I couldn't talk about Sasuke to any of my friends because they knew him. They'd say how much of a jerk he was before I even finished talking. They would never be able to listen to me.

But Suigetsu didn't know me like that. He was curious, just asking a simple question. Telling him would help me, not hurt me.

So, swallowing my pride, I began, "Sasuke and I were... Friends when we took down Zabuza. We were on the same team... We spent a lot of time together. I never really liked him... But that started to change. He understood me, and I did the same with him. But the last time Sasuke and I saw each other... We weren't so friendly."

Suigetsu was now completely interested in what I was saying, leaning forward, which I took as a sign to continue.

"He was my boyfriend while he was in the village. When he decided to leave, however... Things changed. He broke my heart. He told me that he never loved me... And then, just like that, he left, and he took half of me with him," I said slowly, my face stoic as I tried not to feel anything in my heart.

"The last mission I went on was to bring him back to Konoha and gather intel on Orochimaru," I continued. "One thing led to another, Orochimaru's pedophile ways resurfaced... And next thing I knew, I was in a new hideout, forced to live with Sasuke. And now, I'm here, tagging along with the same guy who tore my heart apart and his new piranha friend."

"Wow..." Suigetsu said after a while. "That... Really sucks."

I sighed. "Tell me about it."

Silence fell upon us, until he said, "So when are you going to tell him?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Tell who what?"

"Sasuke," He said simply. "When are you going to tell Sasuke that you're still in love with him?"

"I'm sorry, but did you not hear what I just told you? That he broke my heart? That I now hate him?" I asked, tilting my head at him.

"I did," He assured.

"Then why the hell are you asking me that?"

"Because I know that you still love him."

I scoffed. "You don't know me."

"Maybe not. But I know love. Sure, you guys have a complicated as hell relationship, and I'm pretty sure that, once you do get together, you're going to have hot, rough, completely insane sex... But you still love him. You're just too stubborn to admit it."

"First, that's disturbing. Second, there's nothing to admit to."

"Sure. Let's keep believing that."

"I'm done with this conversation."

"Fine, fine... But when you do realize that I'm right, I'm sure as hell going to say 'I told you so.'" He stood up. "Sasuke should be back soon. I'm tired... Think you can handle staying up until he gets here?"

"I'll be fine," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Cool," He said. "Night, hot stuff."

I rolled my eyes. "Night, piranha."

He grinned at me once more before choosing a spot on the ground to settle on and sleep for the rest of the night.

I watched the fire in silence, my mind racing with questions. I was getting so worked up for nothing. Suigetsu didn't know me. He didn't know what I felt, nor could he tell me who I did and did not love.

Still... Ryuu had said something similar to me, hadn't he?

"Minxie... I know you. I really doubt you hate him." That was what my twin brother had told me. I hadn't even explained the whole story, but he'd still said that.

"No," I whispered to myself. "They're wrong. They're both wrong. I don't love him."

"And who don't you love?" A deep voice inquired.

I, being the coordinated person I am, ended up flying off of the log. 

"HOLY CHICKEN FINGERS- Oh. Sasuke. It's you." I tried my best to compose myself, looking up at him with a scowl on my face. "Are you trying to scare me to death!? I don't have my chakra, ya know!? I can't just sense you! What're you doing, randomly appearing like that?"

"From what I've gathered so far, I've just interrupted you talking to yourself," Sasuke stated simply.

"In fact, you did," I said. "Now, go away so I can sleep in peace, Duck-Butt."

"Not until you answer my question," He said, stepping forward. "Who don't you love?"

"My imaginary boyfriend named Henrietta, the dolphin," I said, completely serious. "We're having relationship problems, especially since he has a female name... But we'll get through it. We're planning a July wedding. Why? Did you want to be invited?"

"It's time like these that I question your sanity," He said with a sigh.

I grinned. "It's okay! Everyone does."

~*~

"No," I said strongly, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Come on, gorgeous," Suigetsu insisted.

"No," I said again. "I've put up with your perverted comments, I've dealt with Sasuke's Sasuke-ness... But I will NOT drown just to find a member for Sasuke's dream team. I mean, I can't even see the island you're talking about!"

He sighed. "But you can't just-"

"Leave her, Suigetsu," Sasuke said. "We'll come back for her later."

"Woah, hold it," I interrupted. "I'm not staying here by myself. Do you have any idea how much damage I can do here? You know me. Do you really want me to be the one who figures out how to set water on fire?"

"If you don't want to stay here, just start the walking on water jutsu and walk with us!" Suigetsu said easily.

"I would, but I don't have any chakra," I said, sighing.

"Then how in God's name are you a shinobi?" He asked.

"Okay, let's rephrase that. I do have chakra, but right now... It's gone. I can't access it, and I have no idea howor why," I answered, sighing again.

"Well, then... Looks like you'll just have to be carried by one of us," He said, grinning.

My eye twitched. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me," He said. "You have no chakra, and you're a complete danger magnet, so you can't be left here by yourself... Which means one of us will have to carry you."

I looked at Sasuke and then at Suigetsu. "Considering my options... I'd rather drown."

"Don't tempt me," Sasuke spoke up, glowering down at me. I scowled at him.

"Hey! It's not my fault that you want to find an island that I can't even see!" I exclaimed, angry.

"That island that is so invisible to you is where we'll find Karin," He stated simply. "We're going to get her to join."

"Ew. Karin?" Suigetsu said, scrunching up his nose distastefully. "You really could've picked someone better, Sasuke. She's a follower of Orochimaru. Plus, she used me for experiments. She's bitchy, temperamental... She irritates me."

"Maybe so," Sasuke said, "but she has a certain talent that I need."

"Well, I don't care how 'special' she is," I said bluntly. "If she's willing to stay on an island that's completely cut off from civilization, she obviously doesn't have nice social skills!"

"Ooh, is someone jealous?" Suigetsu teased, grinning at me.

I glared at him, my face heating up slightly. "Shut up, Suigetsu."

"Okay, okay, fine," He said, raising up his hands in defense. "But you will have to make a decision. One of us is going to carry you, and your only options are me or Mr. Man-Candy over there. So, hot stuff... Who do you pick?"

Ryuu's POV

"You're awfully quiet... Something the matter?" Scarlett inquired as we headed towards the Hidden Mist Village.

There was something wrong, but I'd never tell Scarlett. She'd end up using it against me in the end.

So, instead, I answered her with something else that I was very curious about. "Luna's mom sent her to Tazanaka Town so she'd be safe... And Luna met you there. How did you get there?" I asked.

"Everyone has a past," She mused. "Mine just happens to be particularly tragic. Similar to yours. The Takeda prince who wasted half his life in the Akatsuki... It all has a rather sad sound to it, doesn't it?"

"You always answer me in riddles," I said, narrowing my eyes at her. "I never get the whole truth from you."

"Of course not," She said. "If I were to reveal all of my secrets, there'd be no mystery to our conversations."

"You said that you and Luna could relate to each other... You were running from someone, just like Luna ran from persecution," I said. "Who were you running from, Scarlett?"

"From me," She answered. Before I could ask what she meant, she spoke again, "I used to watch you, you know. Even before I came to Konoha to mess with Minxie... I knew you."

"You... You used to watch me?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Those who watch and listen are those to be feared," She said, smirking. "I happen to do that a lot. That, and I collect leverage."

"Like you did with us in Konoha," I said. "You messed with us to find things out." 

"I destroy everything in my way. I don't care what happens to anyone as long as I'm safe. Most people call that selfish. I call it smart," She said. "I've spent most of my life running. Plenty of people want me dead for a number of reasons. It's because I've screwed them over, because I killed someone dear to them... The list goes on. But I'm okay with that."

"How?" I asked. "How do you just do that to people?"

"I've fought for my life since the day I was born. I know its true worth," She said. "And no matter how selfish it sounds, I'd rather have others die instead of me."

I must've been giving her a serious stare, because she rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. We've all done our fair share of bad things," She said. "I just happen to do more so than most people."

"You made things chaos in Konoha," I said. "It couldn't all have been for fun. No one can be that heartless."

"You might be surprised, Ryuu," She said. "The world is a cruel, cruel place. It changes you." Her crimson eyes stared straight ahead. "But I didn't mess with all of you for fun. I was angry, and I'm one of those people who you don't get angry unless you want to die. But Minxie... Minxie got me angry."

"You never even met her," I said, scoffing. "She didn't even know you before you came to the village... Why do you have it in for her?"

"I'm the Doppelganger because of her," She said, her tone turning bitter. "I've got to live my life, wondering whether or not she'll do something stupid, and we'll both end up dead. For her to complete her purpose... I've been subjected to what I am now."

"Minxie's existence took away my life," She finished. "It's only fair I ruin hers."

My mind was still buzzing with questions, but time decided that our conversation was over. We were now looking at a sign that said "The Great Naruto Bridge."

"Well, look at that," Scarlett said, smirking. "The idiot is special, after all."

"Do you know which way Minxie went?" I inquired.

She sighed, shaking her head. She pulled out a kunai, and before I could say anything, she sliced my palm with it. Once it was covered in my blood, she closed her eyes, making a single hand sign.

The kunai disappeared and reappeared in the air. The point was pointed upward, my blood shining on the tip of it. Shimmering purple sparks surrounded it, and it was floating in the air casually.

"What are those?" I asked, referring to the purple sparks.

"Molecules," Scarlett answered. "If you want to get poetic, stardust." She tossed me a bandage after rummaging through her bag.

"It's a tracking jutsu," She said as I wrapped my hand in the bandage. "I manipulated the molecules from your blood to form with the kunai and with the stardust around us... You're a blood relative to Minxie. This kunai will lead us to where she last was."

"Don't you think people in the village might find a floating kunai a bit odd?" I inquired.

"Hey, at least it's not exploding," She pointed out. And I couldn't argue there.

And so, we followed the kunai to where I believed my sister would be.

~*~

"She's not here," Scarlett said, shaking her head. "We came too late."

"But she was here, right?" I asked. "So we should be able to track her?"

She nodded. "Let's just hope she didn't move too far away," She said. She surveyed the grave sites in front of us. "Although I do wonder... What was your sister doing at a grave site? I highly doubt Sasuke would let her stop by to pay her respects, even if she did know them."

"I don't know," I replied. "But I do know that my patience is running short. We will find my sister... And once we do, I'm going to kill Sasuke."

"Sounds like a plan," She said. "But I'm hungry."

I stared at her with an "are you serious?" face.

"What?" She asked innocently. "Evil entities get hungry, too, you know."

Oh, this is going to be a long trip.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 8.4K 100
Warning: This is a sequel! If you have not read: 'You're not the only one...' Do so now! --------------------------------------------------------- P...
311K 12.3K 37
[UNDER MAJOR REVISION] Kanji and her twin brother, Sanji, move to Konoha to start a better life after the death of their parents. Knowing the fact th...
28.8K 1.4K 115
(Book 2) Everyone's favorite red haired- goggle wearing girl is now a teenager and much more feminine as Naruto returns to Konoha! She's been working...
56.8K 2.2K 28
Three years. Three years had passed since Akari was last in the village, but she found her way home. She found her way back to her friends. The last...