The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Halloween Special 1

497 16 4
By Arzuera

It's Halloween weekend! So you all know what that means >:3

A 3 part Halloween special! I'll be posting one a day for the next couple of days! I hope you all enjoy~<3

~~~~~

It had finally happened. You knew that it was just a matter of time but today was finally the day. Alphys...got you in a Japanese school uniform. It was Halloween. You hadn't been planning on dressing up but Alphys had insisted that you and Mettaton had to dress up as a couple. The moment you walked into the lab, the dinosaur monster had whisked you away to get you ready. So here you were. Standing in front of a full length mirror looking at her handiwork.

She had put your hair in a skullcap so that you now had on a long brown wig. The headpiece reaching just past your shoulders. You wore a white blouse with cuffed long sleeves. A red scarf tied under the collar to drape across your chest. To complete the look, you had a matching red pleated skirt and brown shoes with knee high red stockings. The only thing you had refused to wear were the red contacts.

No one touches your eyes. No one.

All in all, it wasn't a bad look. It did suit you. However, you weren't completely comfortable being dressed up like a middle schooler. Yet, of all the animes that you have watched with Alphys and Undyne...you didn't recognize this style of uniform. So you couldn't place where it came from and what exactly Mettaton was going to be. Not really thinking about it, you twirled. The skirt rising perfectly but not high enough for anything to show. Perfect. Alphys knew you to well. Speaking of the small monster... "(y-y/n)? Can I come in? I want to see how you look! Just knock on the door once for yes and two for no."

You looked from the mirror to the door. Highly debating on taking the ensemble off before just knocking twice but Alphys had made this outfit herself. She did deserve to see what it looked like on you once. Even if you weren't planning on wearing it out of this guest room turned changing room. You heaved a silent sigh. Alphys was already winning the argument and she wasn't even in the room yet. Heading over to the door, you knocked once before unlocking it. Stepping back, so that the yellow dinosaur monster could come in.

Alphys was squeeing before the door fully closed. She was running around you, lifting your arms, fixing your hair, while making lots of fangirling noises the entire time. "O-oh my! I-it fits y-you perfectly! Y-you look just like her! Let's go show it to the others!" the yellow dinosaur monster grabbed your hand and began pulling you towards the door until you dig your heels into the carpet to grind her to a halt. Confused, she turned to you to see you shaking your head fervently. "What's wrong? Oh! Of course! How could I forget?" Digging through her pockets, Alphys pulls out a red rose and hands it to you.

Now it was your turn to be confused. Still, you stuffed it into your blouse's breast pocket with the handkerchief that was already in it. "I don't want to go out there dressed like this." You signed to her one handed then gesturing to the outfit.

"But you look so cute!" Alphys puffed her cheeks in disappointment. A look you knew, that if you kept staring at, you would give in too. So, instead, you opted to take in what Alphys had dressed up as. She wore a long white wig with bangs that covered her eyes. Long white gloves were on her hands that reached to her elbows that matched the white poofy sleeves of the long blue dress she wore.

"Are you dressed as Sapphire?" you asked while cocking your head to see if her hand had a gem on the glove. Yep. It did. Alphys had the outfit down to a science. You had to hold back a smirk at your own mental pun. Maybe this could distract her away from your costume.

"Y-yes! You and Mettaton aren't the only couple dressing as a pair. Undyne is dressed as Ruby!" Alphys didn't even give you a chance to respond to how adorable that was. The amount of red body paint that would take to cover up Undyne's blue skin....However you weren't given time to dwell on it. The scientist throws open the door and drags you out of the room where a few other party goers are. Even though there weren't that many people here, your face heated up in an embarrassed blush anyway.

A blue rose was thrust into your line of sight. "There you are, Songbird~! I was beginning to wonder if you were going to come back out!" The person in front of you offering the rose was Mettaton but in a getup that you never thought he would be in. His normal black locks were now a light purple with some deep dark purple stringy ones on top. Instead of his signature neon pink boots, he wore black ones under a pair of dark tan pants. A dark green tank top was neatly tucked into the pants with a brown belt holding them up. Over top of it all was a tattered long overcoat. The rips in it more tasteful for fashion sense than from too much use. "Oh, look at you, Darling! You look positively adorable! Though I'm not exactly surprised on Alphys's costume choice."

You took the blue rose that he was offering you and let him steal your other hand so that he could playfully twirl you, like you had in the guest room. Alphys was squeeing even more now but you were even more confused. You had never seen this couple before. Just what couple were you supposed to be, exactly? Once you posed dramatically after the final twirl, much to Mettaton's amusement, you turned to the yellow monster. "Soooo...who are we exactly...?" you signed to her with Mettaton nodding his head in agreement. Only to nearly jump out of your skin when she screeched in shock.

"You've never played IB?!" The small monster grabbed your hand, and one of Mettaton's, dragging you into the living room. You both are pushed onto the couch while she commandeers the TV away from the horror movie a couple other party goers were watching. Their cries of complaint totally ignored. She hands you a keyboard that is plugged into the laptop that she had set on the coffee table. A long HDMI cord connecting the laptop to the TV so that the desktop appeared on the screen. "Ohmygosh! You are going to love it! It'saboutalittlegirlinanartgallery-" Alphys started going into the game's details as she loaded up the game on the laptop.

"Uh...Alphys...Darling?" Mettaton's voice had a wary tone to it and you were looking at him in confusion.

However, the scientist completely ignored him. Instead getting more excited as she went into further detail about the game. Talking so quickly that you long since lost what she was saying. You shrug and look at the screen, making a new game before going through the rather short intro sequence. Quickly realizing that Alphys had dressed you up as the little girl. Ib. Then who was Mettaton dressed up as?

Alphys stopped in her excited rambling long enough for her to instruct you on how to play. You made Ib wander around the art gallery. Inspecting everything because almost everything had something to say. Though...after a bit you didn't know how to progress. You made poor Ib lap the gallery countless times. Each one making Alphys more agitated

"No no! Go look at the huge painting!" Her voice still high pitched from all of the fangirling. You did as instructed. Cuing some new dialog with the music fading into nothing and the art gallery now mysteriously empty. Even though the graphics weren't state of the art, your interest was piqued. You had never played a game like this before. After some exploration with a couple of minor scares you end up at the huge painting again with new blue ink scrawled under it.

"come down below ib. i'll show you someplace secret."

You rose your hands after reading what the game had said. "I don't think I want to know that secret."

"I don't think you do either." Mettaton stated but his face told otherwise. He was just as enraptured with the game as you.

Though your progress was slow and it was getting on the nerves of a certain yellow dinosaur. "Come on! Yes, you do! Go back downstairs!!" Ignoring the odd feeling of magic starting to drift in the air, you chuckled at your friend before doing as she says.

"The gate around the scary fish is gone." You signed one handed with the other on the keyboard.

Alphys was practically vibrating in her seat. "Yes! Go in."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"YES!"

"I don't want to deal with Undyne's creepy cousin!" You signed dramatically. Mettaton snorted at that while Alphys screamed out in frustration. Yellow magic sparks flying off of the monster scientist. Your eyes widened. You have never seen Alphys this riled up before. It was adorable as hell.

"YES, YOU DO!" She reached down to your hand on the keyboard to make you move the poor character into the painting on the floor. Mettaton's amusement turned straight into alarm, reaching his hand out to stop Alphys's.

"ALPHYS DON'T TOUCH-" He was cut off in a brilliant flash of white that enveloped the three of you, when all three of your hands touched the keyboard as Alphys made you move the character into...water? You had heard a splash. You felt a distinct falling feeling through a thick goop. Like you were the one falling through the painting instead of the character. Still. All you could see was white. Closing your eyes, you waited until the falling feeling stopped to open them again.

You blinked. This wasn't Alphys's living room. You were currently laying at the landing of some blue stairs but the stairs weren't the only thing blue. The entire room was. What the hell? Where were you? And what was Mettaton about to say? Standing up you groggily stepped into the hallway, trying to get your bearings. It was just a long blue hallway with two paintings on the wall. One was red and the other was blue. Not to mention they looked really weird.

This was just plain odd but you didn't really have time to dwell on it. The emptiness of this place was creepy. You needed to get out of here or at least find out where you were. Walking down the side with the red painting, you came upon a new work of art and a diary. It had a feather pen whilst resting on a stand next to a blue door. Ignoring the painting and the diary, you tried the door first.

Locked. Figures. What now? You turned to the diary on the stand and began to flip through it when a familiar voice came screeching out of it at you.

"O-oh my god! (Y/N)! I-I'm so sorry!!!" Alphys's voice was filled with worry and she seemed afraid. You were about to ask how she was talking to you through a diary then stopped. She couldn't see what you were going to sign. How were you going to communicate? "D-don't worry! You are safe! I-I promise! But I bet you are wondering where you are...well you are in the game that you were playing."

WHAT?! You moved to take a couple steps away from the diary. "WAIT, COME BACK!" the yellow dinosaur wailed. Without thinking about it, you did as she asked. Uh...how did she see you move...? Maybe she could see you sign after all! "Listen. I hate to say this but... you are stuck in there until you beat the game. I-I can see what you are doing but its all pixelated... so if you try to sign something I won't be able to see it. Don't worry though! I know this game by heart and I'll guide you through it to the best ending. The first thing you need to do is go get the key from the room on the opposite hallway!"

Okay, that didn't sound to difficult. There shouldn't be anything scary about that. Right? Feeling slightly relieved knowing where you were and that you had someone with you, you headed down the hall into the room on the opposite end. Noticing along the way that the stairs that you had woken up on were now gone. You continued only for the door to be blocked by a stand that held a single red rose and a vase. Glancing at your breast pocket, you noticed that the rose that Alphys had given you was gone. Your handkerchief was still there though. If this was part of your outfit, then that rose had to be important. You took the rose and pushed the stand out of the way before opening the door.

Inside, the entire room was blue just like the hallway. A large portrait painting of a woman with gray hair was hung on the opposite end. Some of the strands escaping the confines of the frame. On the floor was a blue key. No doubt for the other door. This...seemed way to easy. Stepping around it for now, you read the inscription under the woman. "When the rose ???s, so too will you ??? away." You scrunched your eyes to try and make sure you read that right. But a couple of the words were impossible to make out. It sounded ominous.If this wasn't a warnign then you didn't know what else it would be. You needed to get out of this game and fast. Turning around, you picked up the blue key.

"THIEF! THIEEEF!"

You whirled around on the painting of the woman who was whispering at you. Her eyes were now wide open with a sinister look on her face. Nope. Noooopppppppe. You dashed out the door with your heart hammering in your chest. The blue walls of the hallway stained red with the word THIEF written all over it. Okay. You had the key. But now you have a rather pissed off painting and you weren't sure what was about to happen. You needed to get back to the diary and talk to Alphys. NOW.

Dashing back towards the diary, you skidded to a halt just as the word THIEF was carved into the floor right in front of your feet. NOPE! You jumped over it and continued to the diary, opening its pages to hear Alphys elated words. "G-good job! You got the rose and the key. Now progress into the other room. STAY AWAY FROM THE WALLS!"

That was something you could do. Though why didn't she tell you what was coming? It would make your life so much easier! Also you wouldn't possibly die or get scared out of your mind! Not to mention that she still had to explain how you went from playing the game on her couch to actually being a participant in it. Taking the blue key that you had casually stolen from the painting, you used it and opened the door. Prepping yourself to get away from the walls as soon as possible.

You weren't sure if this was going to be fun anymore...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 217 22
you cannot talk. you have a notebook and pencil you carry around with you everywhere. you've never talked. everything you do is silent. a single soft...
62.9K 2.7K 26
(Y/n) has had a rough life, how could it get any worse? Let's let G answer that. ~~ This is a Complete Rewrite of Hold Still! I don't own any of the...
264K 7.7K 19
You were always a curious child. One day, your curiosity took you too far. You lived not to far from a mountain, MT. Ebott, and always wanted to see...
102K 3.1K 39
Imagine Undertale, but Chara never showed up. Chara wasn't the first human in the Underground. What if a glitch occurred, and you fell down instead? ...