Dalliance

By AngelicProductions

The year is 1786. Holly Miller is a sixteen year old bride to the son of the most powerful family in all of S... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four

Prologue

1K 24 0
By AngelicProductions

With a racing heart, a petite young woman with long dark hair hid behind a small shack before pulling her dress against her. Her eyes were shut hard before she could hear the footsteps of the one stalking her and she took off towards the woods. Attaining scratches and several bruises, she continued to run in fear of being caught-but alas, she was in the arms of her stalker. Turning back, she pushed him away before they both gave into a loud set of laughs.

"You have learned the greatest thing about running-"

"And that is?" She teased, resting her hands on her hips as she tried to regain a normal pulse and slow breath.

"Sometimes it is better to hide then run and tire yourself-"

Just as the wise point was spoken, a loud crack of thunder was heard before the screaming of an elderly woman's voice echoed through the field.

"Victor does not have to wash for a week!" The man said as he darted off, much faster than the girl before she fell and began massaging her ankle. He turned back, seeing her in pain and the sky's dark contents before moving back towards her. Slowly, he placed her leg on his lap before going to remove her shoe before suddenly being knocked on his back by the girl.

"You forget the rule about racing, Dawson..."

"And what rule is this?" He asked as she straddled him, their gazes interlocked as her hands held his wrists above his head.

"Never fall for a damsel." She teased before collecting her shoes in her hands and racing for the cottage just as the rain began, causing them both to get a medium amount of sodden before taking refuge in the house.

Dawson shot her a glare before she hid a chuckle as the elderly woman moved towards them both.

"I was bound to think you two were collected by the winds, I would be left to eat this all on my own." She said as she moved towards the pot over the fire before returning with two bowls. "Do you two never grow tired of chasing one another?"

Dawson's gaze jumped to her as he gave a sweet smirk before speaking, "Never." Although a single word, it acted as a typhoon of meaning to them both. Although, for different reasons.

"Before long," the woman continued as she sat on the third seat and looked to the young girl who was staring longingly into her stew. "You will be the wife of Nicholas Auvere...it is difficult to think of my little sprout being wed so quickly."

"I cannot wait, grandmother..." She spoke with a great amount of excitement as her eyes lit brightly. Dawson directed his attention towards his food, trying to allow the pain to pass before looking back up towards her. "I am so very anxious to be someone's wife. To clean and cook...and be loved-"

Suddenly Dawson rose, but quickly offered a smile to assure nothing was wrong. Over the course of the last five years, Dawson perfected the hidden smile. While underneath, he was dying with jealousy and anger.

"Where are you off to?" The elderly woman asked as she leaned closer to him, glaring in his direction.

"I should begin washing...-"

"Nonsense...the storm will make you sick. It can be postponed until it has passed."

"Eleana..." He looked with a kind gaze. "I thank you for your care, but it cannot wait. Holly has enough clothes for the entire village and I must begin before I am too old to move."

Holly glared before Eleana smiled and allowed him to disappear as they enjoyed their supper. The bowls steamed as they both ate all of the contents before placing their bowls in a pile near a bucket of water for later cleaning.

"Are you worried of anything, my dear? Marriage can be a frightening thing..."

"I am only worried of missing you and Dawson....for so long you have collected all my heart and love I had to offer...but now, when I look at Nicholas, I see the possibility of true love. He is so sweet...gentle and promises me he will never force me. For anything." A wide smile came on her face as she looked to the ground, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear before her grandmother kissed her cheek.

"I just want to be sure. You are my most precious gift. But you should not worry for us, we will see you as often as you wish." She turned into the hall before then gazing back to Holly. "Get some rest, it is less than a week of you sleeping in." She teased as she disappeared into her room as Holly turned and began cleaning the bowls. Using a large cloth, she wiped the bowls dry before splashing a large amount of the stew on her dress before groaning. Her gaze moved around her, gathering that she was alone, before she slid her dress from her body and set it upon the table. Using a separate cloth, she began to scrub hard before realizing it was a lost cause. Quickly, she darted into her room as the front door came open, with the dress in hand before receiving a knock on her door.

"Is everything alright?"

She took a relaxing exhale as she realized the voice was that of her most trusted friend.

"Yes Dawson, thank you. Would you mind removing this vulgar stain?"

"Vulgar?' He chuckled. "I do not believe that is the correct word."

"Can you lecture me on my vocabulary later? I am quite tired."

He agreed before her door came slightly ajar and he saw her bare arm. Never before had he seen her skin so bare. Not even when they would be children playing in the river-they would always wear their night clothes-but now, it was as if it was a drug to him. His gaze froze on her skin as she quickly retreated her arm back.

"Is something the matter?"

He was thrown back into reality by her question as he shook his head and then snatched her dress before moving towards the back of the cottage. A small contraption designed for cleaning clothes-consisting of a board and squares of now depleting soap, he began to scrub her dress before visions of her grew in his mind more carnal then ever before. He then rested his hands on the edge of the contraption before taking several deep breaths and attempting to think of anything else-of war, of loss, even of death. But nothing worked.

Dawson went to hang her dress before seeing her window open and her standing in her corset. With her body exposed in a way he had never conjured fully, he couldn't look away. Every part of her body had grown into a woman-type figure; especially her chest and hips. They did not appear small and nonexistent. They had been alluring and the most unfortunate for him. He felt as if he truly couldn't deny her any longer. Ever since they were children, he had...but it was growing more and more difficult.

By morning, he had returned inside just as the storm had settled before seeing an ivory horse with a red saddle before rolling his eyes-knowing the rider meant no good. Making his way inside, he saw how Holly held a letter close to her chest as she was jumping up and down.

"Dawson!" She called loudly as he smiled before moving closer.

"What has you acting so rambunctious?"

She handed him the letter as he froze, forcing his expression to a smile before her arms wrapped around him.

"We are to marry tomorrow!" She said in a loud voice before hugging Eleana and dancing around as a foolish child who had no worries or cares.

"Are you not well?" Eleana asked as she saw Dawson's worried expression. By the time this question was asked, Holly had disappeared into her room to collect her things as his expression changed from excited for her to mortified. He was lost in his thoughts, therefore unable to answer the question-and so she asked it once more.

"Forgive me...I am worried for her...there are rumors of Nicholas and his cruelty-"

"He has only ever shown admiration for our little Holly..."

"And a wolf could be carefully hiding among the sheep-"

"We must trust her, Dawson."

"It is not her that I do not trust."

His gaze drifted once more before he then moved to his room before hearing the messenger's horse-with the red saddle, to ride off. A sudden knock made him jump from his resting position as he went to open his door. To his surprise, it was Holly with a worried expression.

"Can I speak with you a moment?" He nodded before she looked towards the hall. "Somewhere private, perhaps?"

He nodded once more, as she followed them to their usual hill, a few meters from the cottage. By the time they reached the hill, night had fallen as they both laid under the stars, speaking of how they appeared to be holes between Earth and Heaven. But she suddenly turned towards him.

"I am terrified." She confessed as he turned to her.

"What for? Surely not me..." He tried to lighten her worry, but it was no use. Her expression did not ease.

"Of course not. I worry for not being enough. It is a difficult feeling to explain...And I do not want to lose you either..."

He was surprised by the tears now in her eyes as he placed his hand on hers. Just by touching her hand alone, he could feel the electricity pulsing through them both before he moved his hand to her knee, as it was blocked by her dress.

"You will never lose me. Even if you were to marry the King himself, we will see each other quite often."

"Promise me it. That we will never be separated."

"What if cannot stand me one day?"

"There is never a day, no matter the fights we have had or the words that have been spoken, that I do not want you by my side. You are my greatest confidant...Promise me."

He nodded. "We shall speak every day. By letters if not in person." She flung her arms around him before sitting back on the grass.

"It is hard to comprehend...the thought of being loved by one person so intensely." His gaze shut hard as he felt sick with her words. He knew it was not true love, but she did not. She saw Nicholas's care as love-and this would prove to be a mistake. "I can envision my life years from now with him. I just hope I can be everything he deserves."

In a moment of weakness, Dawson placed his hand on her cheek.

"If there is any man who does not see your value, he will be left to deal with me." As she hugged him, he could feel a shift in the air. He held her for a short period of time before she let out a big yawn and going to sleep, as he stayed under the stars, not able to accept the next day.

Each moment he spent with her played in his mind like a movie. Each second since they were younger to the last moment under the stars. The peaceful thoughts led him to fall into a deep sleep before waking midday. When he finally did wake and make his way back to the cottage, he saw she was gone.

"Eleana! Where is Holly?"

"She left early this morning. To wed Nicholas."

"I must be there...are you not going?"

"I am feeling rather ill..."

"Can I get you anything?"

"No. I just need to sleep, but please...go be with her." He nodded as he unlatched one of the horses and raced towards the castle before being instructed to stay out.

"I am-"

"I do not care who you are, boy!" The guards were persistent in not allowing him in and he was then forced to hear the wedding bells from outside. In a small glimpse as she was now a respectable woman, he saw her in her carriage as she was to be taken to her honeymoon. Everyone else cheered and roared in happiness and support. But as she rode away, he saw that he had lost her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543 43 13
Twenty-seven (27) year old, Milo Green was on cloud nine since Last Christmas and now it was that wonderful time of year again, but this time his ent...
221 28 22
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...
1.9K 568 27
{Completed} Everyone deserves love and happiness. _________________________________ "The mere thought of future will screw you. The past has screwed...
4.6K 1K 50
A Girl with a Heart of a Flower "Precious Eve Wood" a girl with alot of mystery and secrets, adopted by Wood Edwin and his wife Emma. They only had...