Little Dove | Draco Malfoy

By sqdgirl

"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well the... More

Prologue
1. The unfamiliar visitors
2. Diagon Alley
3. The journey to Hogwarts
4. Common room
5. Requirement
6. Oblivious
7. Scars and letters
8. The Lake
9. Cursed
10. The perfect student
11. Luna-tic Christmas
13. Death
14. Burning traces
15. The leather sofa
16. Sunflower powder
17. The borrowed dress
18. Sectumsempra
19. Talk to me
20. Steamy
21. Dawn
22. It's near
23. Forever his
Epilogue
THIS IS NOT A REGULAR UPDATE

12. Malfoy Manor

141K 3.8K 5.2K
By sqdgirl

"So what you are saying is that Draco Malfoy used the spell Obliviate on you but even though he did that to you, you still think that he's trying to protect you by telling you not to come to a dinner?"

I rolled my eyes and said yes, for the fourth time this hour. "It just seems a little bit off." "Lucius Malfoy is a little bit off! The whole family!" That's why I like him. I ignored my own annoying thoughts before continuing.

"What do you think mom would think if she'd give her life for us and then you willingly go to a dinner with a family that is known for being on the dark side?" Father shut his eyes this time, thinking deeply.

"I have to go because of work. So just follow Draco's, not exactly suggestions, but follow his advice and don't come with me Goldie." I nodded but secretly I wanted to go there. I just didn't want father to go.

Days passed since father and I had talked about the dinner and the haunting evening came closer and closer every night. It was like my joy for Christmas was taken away, bit by bit. The morning was filled with tense conversations.

Rune and Luna knew they weren't invited so they didn't really worry about it. They were way too busy with being more than friends. Father looked very tired these last days, as if he wasn't sleeping well.

I could figure out a reason why. We all sat down for a big and delicious breakfast which we had cooked together an hour before. "Could you pass me the salt?" I asked father who was so tired that he grabbed the syrup and passed me that without looking twice.

"Thanks." I mumbled before Luna quickly passed me the salt, giving me a sweet smile. I felt my stomach turn at the sight of father sighing in distress. "Don't go." I suddenly said, grabbing his arm. His eyes shot up to mine before he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Don't worry about me. You need to stay safe, I'll be fine." He assured before getting up, slowly walking off. "Rune, you have got to talk to him." I cried out, biting my lower lip out of stress. "He's a grown man, a dinner won't kill him."

I sighed loudly, giving him a glare. "Lucius Malfoy is a deatheater Rune!" I hissed, making him and Luna watch me with wide eyes. "He said that he was under the influence of the Imperious curse when they sent him to trial for being a deatheater but he was lying."

"How do you know this." Luna asked with a soft voice, watching me carefully. "Hermione." Rune nodded understandingly before furrowing his eyebrows. "I'll try to talk to him." "Thanks." I smiled at him before getting up as well, reminding myself of the pile of homework that I still needed to finish.

The day went on way to slow. I just wanted to be in my bed already, sleeping without a worry. I finished my Potions essay on Amortentia just after dinner and to freshen myself up, I took a quick shower. Rune had managed to convince father of not going so I had a calm shower, softly singing a song.

Within five minutes I was done and grabbed my comfy pyjama's until the ring of a bell caught my attention. With a towel wrapped around me I slowly walked down the stairs, staying out of sight to eavesdrop.

"An escort?" I heard father mumble and my heart stopped. "My daughter isn't feeling so well." I shut my eyes at that lie, please make them believe. "Fine. We'll be out in ten minutes." I shot up from the stairs and ran to the door when I knew it was shut. "You're kidding, right?" I was full on panicking right now.

"No. They got us an escort and they insist on you to come with me." Father sighed and looked at his grey socks. "I can't afford to lose my job." He mumbled making my stomach turn. "We'll just go." The sides of my mouth went down and I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

I had such a bad feeling about this. "Let's get dressed then." I walked up the stairs and locked my bedroom door, slowly sliding down the door until I was on the ground. Tears streamed down my face while the pain in my stomach only got worse.

It took me a few minutes to get my myself together but when I did, I quickly put on something neat, supposing this was a formal dinner. It had lace detailing on the top and a loose skirt that reached below my knees.

I decided to just let my hair air dry while I slipped on my red converse, the only pair of shoes I had, except for the ugly shoes that went with the robes. Just when I finished applying some mascara, Rune barged in.

"I locked it!" I exclaimed, surprised at his sudden entrance. "Alohomora." He mumbled before giving me a serious look. "You're going." "I don't have a choice." "Yes you do! No one is dragging you out there, you can still just stay here." "I don't want any trouble like the escort to drag me into the car, okay?"

"You want to go. You're just as curious as you always are and because of Draco Malfoy." He spat at me, disgust filling the room. "His father is dangerous, of course I don't want to go!" I defended myself even though I knew that wasn't the whole truth.

"I can tell that you are lying Goldie." I sighed when he came closer to me, making me take a step back as well. "Let's not fight before I go, god knows what could happen to us." Rune gave me suspicious look before turning around and leaving my room, without another word.

I went downstairs not a minute later, my stomach hurting more every second. Luna and Rune were talking to father outside. Father looked amazing, I had never seen him in a suit before. With a forced smile I walked out, complimenting father before turning to Rune and Luna.

"I'll see you tonight." I mumbled with low voice, praying to the lords that that would actually happen. I hugged Luna before I went to Rune, who was staring at me intensely. "Bye." I whispered while we hugged, making him having a hard time to let go.

"You are 2 hours late already, let's go." The escort almost dragged us away from Rune and Luna. We quickly walked with and the escort grabbed my hand. I looked up at father who gave me a soothing look because I was so nervous.

All I could think about was how Draco had warned me not to come, that day on the train. I didn't want to know the stress and disappointment written on his face when he'd see me walk in. Just when had to stop myself from thinking about that the car, the escort tugged at my arm and in a second my head felt like exploding and my eyes hurt extremely.

With a flash we came to a stop and I almost fell forwards, if it wasn't for my father's good grip. "We just apparated." Father mumbled while I quickly dragged my hand from his "I'm going to puke." I said in a rushed voice while holding my stomach before I vomited on the new grass.

"I told you she was sick!" Father exclaimed while I was still pushing my whole dinner out. A few minutes later I felt somewhat better and drank some water before entering Malfoy Manor. It was the biggest Villa I had ever seen and it had a sinister feel to it.

We walked through the big doors and followed the escort into a big hall, before we went up a massive pair of stairs. A big door opened before us and it revealed a large dinner table where the Malfoy family was patiently seated.

My heart started to beat faster while we walked towards the table before they got up from their seats, turning their heads. It took Draco five seconds to look me in the eyes but he didn't seem afraid or angry. He had a soft look in his eyes, as if he enjoyed the view.

I could feel my cheeks redden while I quickly walked after my dad, who was greeting and apologizing to Lucius. "Goldie felt very sick so I forgot the time while taking care of her." Father explained, giving Lucius a strong hand.

Narcissa gave me a sympathetic look before giving father a nod. "You shouldn't have come." She smiled while giving me a hand. "She should have and she has." Lucius quickly said with a forced smile, before shaking my hand as well.

"Draco, this is Samuel Dove." Father and Draco shook hands before I awkwardly stared at the two free seats. One was on the head of the table, across Lucius and the other one was next to Draco. "Please take a seat!" Narcissa pointed for me to sit next to Draco so I slowly did, feeling as if I couldn't breathe.

I noticed him tensing up as well, which made me feel even more out of place. Within a second three very short creatures came into the living room, all carrying a tray with delicious looking meals. They were struggling to hold everything but the Malfoy's didn't seem to notice nor care.

Father and I painfully watched them trying to put it on the table and after a few seconds of one of them trying to get to the same height as the table I got up and helped it put the food on the table. Suddenly the whole room went silent, along with the creature who tried to stop me, help it.

"Goldie, don't." Father quickly hissed making me stop and sit back down again. Lucius was giving me a dirty look before I stopped looking around, feeling extremely stupid and confused. When they finally managed to put everything on the table they quickly exited the room.

"Let's toast." Lucius interrupted the tense silence and a second later we all raised our glass, my eyes switching from my own to Draco's. "To the Slytherin house and the Purest Blood." Lucius said making my stomach turn for the hundredth time today.

Father gave him a faint nod before we all took a sip and to my surprise, the drink was very strong. Most likely with alcohol. Soon enough we all put something to eat on our plate and the grown-ups started to have a conversation I wasn't interested in.

I was still anxious, anxious everything could go downhill every second. My hands were noticeably shaking and I could see Draco glancing at them every now and then, his face filled with worry. "Are you enjoying Hogwarts, Goldie?" Narcissa asked me interrupting the short silence.

"I really am enjoying my time there." I said, my voice softly shaking. Luckily nobody noticed and just kept on eating. "Slytherin should have been your house." Lucius mentioned, making Draco tense up once again. "I would have really liked it there but the sorting hat decided different, Mister Malfoy." I said, taking a brave decision to look Lucius into his eyes.

"It's a shame, your father was sorted into Slytherin as well. Only your half-blood mother-" "Let's not talk about Aurora tonight." Father quickly snapped and Mister Malfoy noticed that he had crossed a line but he didn't really seem to care.

"Now, Lucius, I was wondering why exactly we were invited for this lovely dinner tonight?" I stopped eating, looking up at my dad. What the hell was he doing?! He could have us killed at this pace. "I have some important things to inform you about, in private. So let's do that after dinner, shall we?"

"As you wish."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 7.3K 42
Draco Malfoy was arrogant and egotistical. Forever known as Harry Potter's enemy, he prided himself on being a pompous jerk. He was content being tha...
170K 8K 28
Famous Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, the Hero of the Wizarding World, is confronted with a problem. Draco Malfoy has been obliviated on his watch...
538K 6.4K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
39.1K 1K 81
Elena Lovegood is a kind, loveable Gryffindor. Draco Malfoy is a misunderstood, cunning Slytherin. What happens when Elena starts to fall for him? Wi...