♤ [2] An Everlasting Nightmare

De taytaylorabc

[SEQUAL TO AN EVERLASTING DEATH] "My light inside is broken, and my cracks are breaking through. But I still... Mais

ı 00 ı Summary & Playlist
ı 01 ı Lost Cause
ı 02 ı My Broken Light
ı 03 ı Letting Go
ı 04 ı Priorities Buddy, Priorities
ı 05 ı Mirror
ı 06 ı The Other Brother
ı 07 ı The Knot
ı 08 ı High
ı 09 ı Dead Walking
ı 10 ı Surviver
ı 11 ı House of Cards
ı 12 ı Coincidence
ı 13 ı Jenga
ı 14 ı Snow Globe
ı 15 ı Prescription: Vodka
ı 16 ı Memory Card
ı 17 ı Two Can Play at This Game
ı 18 ı Elephant in the Room
ı 19 ı Fog
ı 20 ı The Perfect Lie
ı 21 ı What Had to be Done
ı 22 ı Monster Within
ı 23 ı We Can Mend
ı 24 ı Unfolding Bloodlines
ı 25 ı Try Me
ı 26 ı The Last Time
ı 00 ı PART TWO
ı 01 ı The Crash
ı 02 ı Guilty as Charged
ı 03 ı What We Need
ı 04 ı Dark Impulses
ı 05 ı The Hunter
ı 06 ı Mad as a Hatter
ı 07 ı Miss Mystic
ı 08 ı This Moment
ı 09 ı I'll Catch You
ı 10 ı Happy Hour
ı 11 ı Burning Truth
ı 12 ı Thank You
ı 13 ı 1863
ı 14 ı Bliss
ı 15 ı Sacrifices Galore
ı 16 ı Kitty Kat
ı 18 ı Silas
ı 19 ı M-I-A
ı 20 ı The Other Side
ı 21 ı Ghosts
ı 22 ı Mind Games
ı 23 ı As Long as You're With Me
ı 24 ı Goodbye
ı 25 ı Plague
ı 26 ı Farewell
• Third and Final •

ı 17 ı Prom Crashers

6.6K 207 162
De taytaylorabc

˙ ˙ ˙

"Something happens when everybody finds out, see the vultures circling dark clouds."

˙ ˙ ˙

'WOULD YOU  mind repeating that, please?" Damon asks in fury as we sit in the living room in the early morning. "Maybe in English this time?"

"Oh sorry, was I speaking sarcasm again? My bad," I scoff, holding back Theo who so badly wants to jump off the couch.

"Blair," Stefan warns.

I shake my head. "What's the big deal with the fact that I let Elijah take the cure? It's safe, Katherine doesn't have it, no one has taken it. He said we would talk about it when the time came," I say, defending myself.

"Meanwhile his sister wants it, so what's to say he doesn't just give Rebekah the cure? Elena doesn't want it with her humanity off!" Damon yells in anger.

I scoff and shake my head, letting Theo go while I prepare for an argument. "Go see James, Theo," I say, directing the little guy to James who sits opposite to me. After Theo successfully walks over to James, he lifts him up and sets him on his lap while I stand up in front of Damon.

"Elena having her humanity switch off doesn't give you the right to make such a big decision for her. She doesn't want it, so let her be. Meanwhile Elijah will keep the cure safe!" I argue.

"He's an original!" Damon yells.

"He's also my friend. I trust him, and I trust that he will do nothing with the cure than keep it safe. Sure he loves his sister, but he also respects our requests," James says, speaking up.

"What about Silas? Silas got to Klaus, who's to say he won't get to Elijah? Who's to say a brainwashed Klaus won't deliver the cure to Silas himself?" Damon questions.

"Who's to say Silas won't play tricks with us? He could more easily take the cure from us than from an original," I say, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Blair is right," James says.

Damon laughs. "Why are you guys always defending each other? Are you two like a thing now?" he asks with a laugh, but it soon turns to a stern glare when neither James nor I answer. "Wait, have you two slept together?" he asks with a raised brow.

"Damon, that's not really your business," Stefan comments, glancing warily at me.

"Like hell it is, she's our sister," Damon growls.

"Yes, James and I are a thing, and if you have a problem with that then too bad," I say stubbornly.

Damon glares at James and I before bursting out laughing. "I'm just messing with you two. I'm actually relieved really, I mean for a while there I didn't think Blair was into men based on how long it took for you to actually admit your feeling for each other," Damon says, amusing himself.

"Hey!" I yell playfully. "At least it's with your long time friend than enemy. Klaus has been hitting on me for a while," I remark.

"I think we all noticed except for you," Damon jokes.

"Just be thankful he gave me my memories back," I say with a shake of my head.

"Amen to that," Stefan agrees, raising his glass of bourbon. He then passes out several bourbon filled glasses as we all have a mini celebration of the return of my memories, and the announcement of James's and I's relationship status.

"Alright," I say, getting up. "I'm going to go and find myself a dress for tonight, so I'll talk to all of you later."

∆  ∆  ∆

By the time I've searched through every store in Mystic Falls, I've finally found myself a dress, and for once I think tonight is going to turn out great. For once a school dance isn't going to be interrupted by some supernatural event, and most importantly, by Klaus.

I feel genuinely excited about tonight, like I'm really graduating from high school and attending prom although I only attended Mystic Falls high for like two days. I feel like a giddish girly girl, and although I normally hate that, I can't appear to stop smiling.

Not even as I curl my hair am I able to stop myself from smiling, and I start to get butterflies in my stomach as soon as I slip on my dress. It's a long, pale pink dress with beaded jewels along the shoulder and neckline. I have to say, I think this dress is one that Caroline will approve of.

After doing some last finishing touches on my make up and hair, I head down the stairs to meet the babysitter that I called for since all of us will be heading to the prom tonight.

"Hello, Elijah," I greet, meeting him at the bottom of the stairs. He holds Theodore in his arms, smiling at him before his attention is soon turned to me.

"Blair," he greets, "You look beautiful tonight," he compliments.

"Thank you," I smile, kissing Theo on the cheek. "Are you sure you're okay to watch him tonight?" I ask.

"Trust me, I'm rather honoured you asked me considering your brothers aren't very happy with me at the moment," Elijah states, referring to how he holds the possession of the one and only cure to vampirism.

"Well, that's their problem, not mine. I'm just hoping that no one brings up the cure tonight, because I swear to god if I hear the words 'cure' one last time, I will take it and hide it myself," I say, but Elijah only rolls his eyes. "I'm serious, if I come home and demand for the cure, you better give it to me Mikaelson," I laugh although I'm dead serious.

Elijah cracks a smile, but turns when James enters the hallway. He wears one of his best suits, perfectly tailored complete with a bow tie. As soon as he sees me his eyes light up and his expression turns soft as he pulls his hand from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of flowers.

"For you, Miss. Salvatore," he says, handing them to me.

"Aw wow, thank you Mr. Branson. You didn't have to do that. What's the occasion?" I ask, taking the flowers from his hand and bringing them up to my nose.

"Well, I figured crashing a high school prom would be considered a very fun second date," he smiles proudly, reaching out to take my hand.

"Indeed it is," I agree, taking his hand and letting him lead me to the front door. As we open the door, I wave goodbye to Theo and Elijah.

"Wave goodbye to Blair and James!" Elijah says, gently holding Theo's hand out to wave.

James and I look back and laugh at the sight before closing the door and heading to prom.

∆  ∆  ∆

The prom theme is a digital yearbook of the graduating class, and I have to say Caroline did a fantastic job putting everything together. The decorations are great, the theme is well thought out, and I can tell Caroline put a lot of thought in every fine detail of this place.

"This feels a little bit like Caroline's practice wedding," I remark with a laugh, as James and I enter inside the building.

"I'd say," he chuckles, my arm linked with his.

It doesn't take us long to spot Elena, as my brothers are glued to both sides of her like her personal body guards. Although, I know they're only trying to protect others rather than Elena who is considered the real threat here with her humanity off. Before I can make my way to check up on my brothers, Caroline pops up in front of us, a huge ecstatic grin glued to her face.

"Blair!" Caroline cheers, as she leans in to hug James and I.

"Caroline, you look fantastic," I compliment, admiring her dress. She breaks apart and steps back, admiring James and I.

"Thank you!" she beams. "I had to compromise considering Elena stole my dress," she scowls. "You and James look like the perfect couple. I'm really happy for you two," she says sincerely, her eyes getting slightly teary. It's not noticeable to James, but to me- someone who knows Caroline inside and out- they're popping right out at me. "Aw Care," I say, leaning in for another hug.

"I'm sorry about Tyler, but tonight we are going to make it the best night of our lives," I say, smiling as I release her.

She purses her lips and smiles, holding my hands in hers in gratitude. "Thank you Blair," she says, just as a slow song begins to play. "I'll leave you two be," she says, before walking off.

"May I have this dance?" James asks, walking in front of me.

I close my eyes and laugh, before opening them again to take his hand in mine. "Of course," I smile. I place my hand on his shoulder while he places his on my waist, our other hands entwined together. This isn't the first time we've danced together before, but it is the first time we have danced together as a couple. I feel more comfortable around him, as our faces become inches apart, as our feet move on the ground and as our bodies sway to the music. He doesn't even have to say anything to make butterflies swarm my stomach, and that I think means something.

We dance in comfortable silence for a few minutes, until he twirls me around and tips me backwards, his hand supporting my back to prevent me from falling. As I lean back, he leans down to place a tender kiss on my lips, taking me places that exist far from here. When I kiss him, I don't feel like I'm stuck in the small town of Mystic Falls. When I kiss him I feel as if I can be anywhere I want to be, as long as I'm with him.

We keep our lips pressed together until we have to break apart for air, allowing me to stand up straight. I smile as our eyes meet, and I move in closer so we're only inches apart. "I saw Rebekah here," I say, placing the side of my temple to his in a relaxing manor.

"As did I," James says. "But you know who I haven't seen?" he questions causally.

I roll my eyes. "Joel," I say, causing his chest to rise and fall as he laughs. "He said the only reason he would come would be for the booze. I think sometimes he forgets we're friends with high schoolers. He's probably inside wishing he was at home." 

I close my eyes as I lean my head against his shoulder, disconnecting with the environment around me. I block out all the chatter around me as I focus solely on the sound of James's steady heart beat that beats strongly against his chest. I let that be the proof that I'm safe, that everything will be alright.

"You know, I remember we danced once back in 1863," I say quietly so only his vampire ears will hear. That memory is one of the many that have popped back into my mind during the past few days. With all my memories back, I find several of them appearing to me at different parts of the day, being triggered by little things. This time this memory of James and I dancing is triggered by us dancing now.

"I remember that like it was yesterday," he smiles. "We were dancing like this, but out in the backyard under the stars when your father was away, and your brothers were out with Katherine. It was just one of the many nights you and I found ourselves to be the only ones in the house," he says, making me think back deep inside my memories. I recall James and I being the only ones in the house often, as my brothers practically ignored me when Katherine was around, and my father was busy with his vampire duties. We never did anything serious. Our time alone usually consisted of board games, story telling, truth or dare, sometimes even soccer, and tones of laughter.

"I was so scared of my father to see us together." I say with forced laughter. "Maybe he's the reason I was so scared to love," I whisper, the laughter dying down.

James places his lips to my temple. "Are you still scared to love?" he asks.

I lift my head up from his shoulder and and look him confidently in the eyes. "Not anymore," I say, leaning in to kiss him again when suddenly Stefan, Damon and Bonnie come running beside us, breaking us out of our star gazing trance.

James clears his throat awkwardly while I purse my lips in annoyance. "What's going on?" I ask, turning to the three of them.

"We have a major problem," Damon begins, but I cut him off.

"If you mention the goddamn cure one more time, I will shove the freaking thing up your ass," I snap in aggravation, James's hold on my hand tightens, telling me to calm me down.

"Wow, that's vivid," Damon says, blinking his eyes rapidly.

"No Blair, not the cure, but Silas. He's here," Bonnie says in worry. "I saw him outside, he- he pretended to be Jeremy, he got in my head," she says, her fingers trembling as she explains herself.

I place a steady hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, we'll figure it all out," I assure her, when deep down hearing that Silas is here is a big party pooper. Here I thought we would actually have a great night, but it appears that is literally impossible in Mystic Falls. It appears Silas has become the new Klaus of crashing school dances.

"So what do we do?" I ask.

"For now, we just stay on alert, which means no venturing out alone. He's less likely to make an appearance in front of a large group of people," Stefan says calmly.

James and I both nod, agreeing to Stefan's plan of precaution, but we both stop once we realize there's one person missing, one person we haven't seen all night. "Joel," we both breathe out, panic starting to take over.

"We have to find Joel, I haven't seen him all night," I gape, searching around the crowd.

"Alright, we'll split up. James and I will take inside with Bonnie, you and Damon will take outside," Stefan says.

I can practically see the objection in James's face, but I send him an assuring smile, assuring him I'll be okay before following Damon outside. "Joel!" I yell into the dark night sky, but there's no response.

Without even realizing it, Damon and I have split up while calling out to Joel in different areas. I can still hear Damon, so I know I haven't gone far, but the sound of laughing up ahead directs my attention. "Joel?" I ask, walking up to a large tree only to find Joel leaning against it with a flask in hand.

"Hello Blair, darling," he slurs, clearly drunk. He must've stolen some alcohol off of some of the devious high schoolers brave enough to sneak into prom with it. 

"Joel, come on you need to head inside. It's not safe out here with Silas running about. Stefan has a plan," I say, grabbing his arm, but he doesn't move. It's no use pulling him seeing as he's hundreds of years older than me.

"Stefan has a plan does he?" Joel asks, bringing the flask up to his lips. "Well lets just hope you don't ruin that one too," he smirks.

I scoff. "Excuse me?" I snap, angry at his remark. It isn't like Joel to say things like that, even if he is drunk. Joel is a fun drunk, not an honest one.

"Or maybe I should be thanking you, for assisting in my plan, for completing the spell," Joel smirks, standing up right from the tree.

His words slowly kick in, and I realize the man in front of me isn't Joel, but the devil himself. "Silas," I gasp.

"Bingo," Joel smirks, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a wooden stake.

Before I have time to register what's happening and how the hell Silas managed to fool me, he dives the stake into my chest, awfully close to my heart sending me falling to the ground in pain. I cry out as I feel tiny wooden slivers poke at my heart, but I'm frozen from both agony and shock, giving Silas the upper hand over my vulnerable state. "You all have until midnight to give me the cure, or next time I won't miss," he growls, before pushing me down.

"Who are you? Our fairy fucking god mother?" I growl loudly, before he forces my head against a tree, my head smacking against the rock hard surface.

Stars spin around my head, but unlike real stars, these ones stop spinning as my eyelids close.

_____________________

Please vote, share and comment!

[completed & edited: 09/08/2021]

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

9.6M 372K 106
Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royalty} The world went to shit long before I...
680K 19K 92
Trapped for a thousand years in a coffin, only to be awoken by the brother of the person she'd been hidden from in the first place. It seemed her onl...
316K 8.5K 96
"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚," Rosamarie Petro...
41.5K 1.4K 14
[PREQUEL TO AN EVERLASTING SERIES] "I spent 150 years looking for you, and now that you're here, I'll never let you go." Before the tomb, before the...