Little Dove | Draco Malfoy

By sqdgirl

"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well the... More

Prologue
1. The unfamiliar visitors
2. Diagon Alley
3. The journey to Hogwarts
4. Common room
5. Requirement
6. Oblivious
7. Scars and letters
8. The Lake
9. Cursed
11. Luna-tic Christmas
12. Malfoy Manor
13. Death
14. Burning traces
15. The leather sofa
16. Sunflower powder
17. The borrowed dress
18. Sectumsempra
19. Talk to me
20. Steamy
21. Dawn
22. It's near
23. Forever his
Epilogue
THIS IS NOT A REGULAR UPDATE

10. The perfect student

160K 4K 9.2K
By sqdgirl

My mind was still clouded with yesterday's events. Not one time had I regretted an invitation to someone this much. I was sure of Malfoy's guilt, I mean, there was no other explanation. I was glad that the classes seemed to be longer because I was afraid to go to the library.

I didn't expect him to show up but what if he did? I could be studying and chatting up with someone that had no problem with hurting others. All day all I could think of was why he was doing this. What was his motive or purpose?

Revenge? Or I don't know. With a pounding head ache I entered the last class off the day, Potions. I really didn't want any issues with Nicolas so as soon as he stiffly sat down next to me, I turned to him.

"Yesterday was horrible and today isn't much better so if we could please just relax and follow the class without all the awkwardness and anger." Nic raised his eyebrows before nodding, putting his books on the table after.

"Today we are going to...." Slughorn's voice entered my ears and right there and then I could feel myself becoming sleepy. "Stay awake." Nic quickly tapped my arm when the Professor was looking our way.

I gave him a weak smile before laying my head in the palm of my hand again. "I'll get the ingredients." I mumbled before slowly getting up, my eyelids heavy. I gathered all the ingredients and we started on the potion.

The hour went by way to fast and before I knew it, Slughorn was testing our potions. "It's good, but you two have done better." He scribbled something down in his notebook and carried on. "What happened yesterday?" Nicolas curiously asked, making me sigh.

Our whole table started eaves dropping because Katie Bell had been the school gossip since yesterday. "If you want to know what happened, you should ask Katie Bell." I started while rolling my eyes.

"And since she's in the hospital wing, I don't really think she's up to talk about this right now so neither am I." "Class dismissed!" I gathered my books and headed out of the classroom in a rush. I could understand their curiosity but sometimes people just needed to mind their own business.

As I was walking down the dungeon halls I crossed Snape, who was looking at me with his disgusting facial expression. "See you are enjoying your free time out of detention, keep it that way." His slow way of talking caused goose bumps to rise and with a quick nod, I carried on walking.

With my heavy bag full of books I headed up to the library, walking up the many stairs. When I reached the right level someone was standing in front of the entrance of the library and as soon as I recognized the blonde locks, I froze.

He was waiting, waiting, for me! I pushed all my horrible thoughts a side and approached him with a bright smile. "I only have an hour so hurry." He snapped and entered the library without any other word, my smile dropping.

With a sigh I walked in as well, passing the many tables and book shelves. "But I am the chosen one!" I whipped my head to the side and saw Hermione and Harry talking until Harry was hit with a very large paper.

"Jeez." I mumbled before quickly walking by, hoping they wouldn't see me with Malfoy since they'd always have their opinion ready about him. I saw him taking place at an empty table in the back and as he was laying out all his work, I sat down as well.

"What do you need help with." He said, not even asked. It seemed as if he was in computer mode. Similar to Professor Snape, who gave me the creeps. "Ehm, Transfiguration and Divination." I pushed my assignments towards him and he quickly grabbed them, taking a look.

His eyes scanned the papers while his nose scrunched up, causing my heart to flutter. "I already made the essay for Divination so we'll cover that first. Transfiguration..." He trailed off in mumbles while flipping a few pages in his own Transfiguration book.

"I don't think I've had the time to make that essay." I quickly nodded before biting my lower lip, nervousness taking over me. "Have you been busy with Quidditch?" I asked which caused him to tense up.

I always felt like I was asking the wrong questions with him, not that that kept me from asking them. "Yes." He answered after a long silence of us looking down at our papers. ''So, grab some parchment."

He pointed to my bag and I quickly followed his instructions while he grabbed his own assignment. He soon started to explain the way I had to write the essay and the points that I shouldn't forget to add.

The whole time I was basically drooling all over him. Every single word that rolled off his tongue so smoothly made my stomach tingly and I could not keep my eyes off him. "Dove, you're not writing straight, maybe you should actually look at your parchment."

I widened my eyes and gave him a big, stupid smile. "Yes of course, s-sorry." I foolishly stuttered before facing my parchment, cheeks reddening as the seconds passed by. After about half an hour of writing the essay Draco spoke up.

"Let me see." I looked him in his eyes for a second before shivers went up my spine. I gave him the parchment and could feel myself getting anxious when his eyes scanned my words. He grabbed his quill and started scrapping things, also adding some words.

"Is it any good?" "For just four months of being here, it's good." He mumbled before tossing the paper back, this time it was my chance to scan my work. "Thanks." I smiled at him and he gave me a stern nod before returning to his own homework.

I grabbed another piece of parchment and wrote very neatly this time, making sure not to make any mistakes. About half way through the assignment, I decided to try and strike a conversation with him again. "What are you planning on doing in the winter holiday? Will you stay here or go home with Christmas."

"Go home." He answered me without even looking up to me. Another failed attempt, why did this stupid boy not let me be his friend! "You?" I shot my head up in surprise before trying to gather myself and act normal. "Going home as well, I have to admit that I miss my father horribly."

His face stiffened and the tiny smile that once danced on his lips was completely gone. Then I realised that he wasn't that fortunate with his father and that he'd probably rather stay here then go home to him.

"You could always come home with me for Christmas, my father makes the best turkey stuffing!" I joked, a smile creeped on my lips this time, the thought of home and father warmed my heart. Draco slowly looked up to me and studied my eyes for a couple seconds, before turning back to his homework.

"I'm pretty sure my mother wants me to come home for Christmas." He mumbled almost inaudible but I was listening, god, I was listening to his every breath! "I think she does too." I assured him making him relax a little bit before we both continued our essay's in a comfortable silence.

It took me a while but finally I finished the huge essay for Divination. "Professor Trelawny really makes my mind burst sometimes. It's really hard to see her through all the smoke of all the herbs she has burning." I complained hoping to make him laugh or at least smile.

"I agree." He smirked up at me before getting back to his concentrated face, writing very quickly. Suddenly he stopped writing and took a quick glance at the expensive looking watch, his eyes widening at the time.

"I have to go." He mumbled while hurriedly grabbing his stuff. "Oh." I said in surprise while my eyes followed his quick movements. "I'll see you around then." I stood up and raised my arm, putting out my hand for him to shake.

He looked at my hand and then into my eyes before slowly shaking it, sparks going through my body at his large hand holding mine. "Thank you for helping me." He nodded in response before letting go and turning around, hurriedly leaving the library.

I just stood there, staring right in front of me. My eyes slowly travelled to my hand, he had accepted my respect, my act of kindness. With a stupid smile plastered on my face I sat back down again, looking at his hand writing.

He was doing something to me, without even knowing. The permanent smile never left my lips while I put my homework away, writing father a letter once again. I told him all about how I couldn't wait to come home for Christmas and that Rune and I had been doing more things together.

I was debating on writing about Draco before a chair in front me was suddenly pulled backwards and Hermione sat down. "Correct me if I am wrong, but did Draco Malfoy just left this particular table?" She raised her eyebrows while giving me a judging tone.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell her, we really weren't that close. I hadn't even told Greer yet. "N-no." I mumbled, the heat rising to my cheeks. "Don't lie to me Goldie, you've been studying together the whole time."

I widened my eyes before quickly shushing her. "Not so loud!" I quickly said, grabbing her hand. "I don't want anyone to know 'Mione." I sighed, looking down. "What in the bloody hell are you doing with him." She hissed at me, getting extremely angry at this point.

"He was just helping me with Divination homework." I innocently explained, trying to make her leave me for just now. "You could have asked me! Come on. He's been up to bad things Goldie." She cried out, putting her face in her hands.

"Rune told me to look out for you but if you invite people who curse other students into your life I am not of much use." "What." I slowly said, did she know? What if she had seen me and him at The Three Broomsticks yesterday?!

"Ron, Harry and I have our suspicions but just-" She stopped to sigh in distress. If only she knew my own suspicions and facts.... "Don't invite him with you anymore Goldie. All he's ever been is evil." She grabbed both my hands before squeezing them in assurance.

"I know I've only been here for less than half a year but he's just so-" I stopped, catching myself early enough to stop. "He's so what?" Hermione quickly asked, her head tilting curiously. "Nothing. You're right." I sighed after my lies. I hated doing this but I just couldn't stay away from him.

"Good. I'll talk to you." She slowly got up and walked away, my eyes following her frame until she was out of sight. "Shit." I cursed under my breath, the pressure being put on me was getting unbearable.

I had to tell someone how I really felt about him, without them judging me. There was only one perfect person for doing just that, Greer Daniels. Within seconds I had gathered all my stuff and raced down the corridors to find her.

Finally I arrived at the Common Room and noticed that people were already leaving for dinner at the Great Hall. "Please be here." I mumbled to myself while I ran up the stairs, my bag burning on my shoulder. I pushed the door open and there she was sat, folding up her skirt.

"Greer." I breathed out, exhausted from all the running. I dropped my bag on the ground and quickly sat down next to her, her light blue eyes following my movements. "What's up?" She asked with a smile, while still carefully folding up her clothing.

"There's something really important I have to tell you, or else I'll burst." I said very quickly, afraid to stutter or keep the words to myself for the thousandth time. The last girls quickly left the dorm, leaving it for just the two of us.

"You know I've argued with Nicolas about Malfoy before and to my surprise you never asked me about him." I started and she sat down next to me, her eyes meeting mine. "I just figured you didn't like to talk about it." She simply admitted, making me want to hug her right there.

"That's true but right now I need to tell you." Greer nodded with a sympathetic smile. "Spill it Goldie, I promise I won't judge you." That made me feel like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I felt like I could tell her absolutely anything right now.

"Ever since I arrived here, Malfoy has been on my mind. He's like this permanent mark on my skin. He's always in my thoughts and he's just so intriguing to me. Everything about him drives me crazy and all I want to do is be with him."

Greer nodded understandingly, waiting for me to continue. "I told you that I had my suspicions about him so I decided to try and find out things about him, tricking myself into thinking I was just trying to help myself but really, all that I was doing was make him have an even more permanent mark on me."

"The only thing I've been doing these last months is trying to get close to him and I don't know what to do now he finally acknowledges me and is more than just nice to me. Every single person around me is telling me how he's evil and that he's done horrible things but-"

I stopped for a second, taking a breath. It was really difficult to just tell Greer everything that had been going on for months. "Even many facts and personal experiences tell me that he's no good. I just can't, not for one second, not think about him."

"I guess that's called love, Goldie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.2K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
69.2K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
330K 14.1K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
11.9K 480 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...