Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 7. Daniel
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 12. Pack meeting
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 14. Heart attack
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 18. Party crashers
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 21. Rejected?
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 30. Recovery

Chpt 31. Goodbye

20.9K 915 131
By GabrielaR

Avril's POV

"It looks better" Caleb said "You look beautiful"

I shrugged and kept staring at my reflection. My arm was pretty damaged, it would take a bit longer to heal, so meanwhile it looked like Frankenstein's wife.

I avoided to look at my scarred arm again, so I pulled down the long sleeve of my black sweater.

After spending two days more on that horrible bed at the hospital, I was finally free.

It was midday, Dad and Caleb took me home so I could take a shower and rest. Yeah right, as if I could.

After bugging them for a few hours they finally agreed to take me to see Cloe.

"Your dad is waiting" Rachel peeked through the door

"I'm coming" I mumbled

Caleb wrapped an arm around my waist, he was still afraid of letting me walk on my own.

****

I was sitting on the back seat of dad's car, Caleb was next to me while Rachel took the front seat. I rested my head on the window, I felt emotionally drained.

It was a bit gloomy outside, gray clouds threatened to pour a river over us; I couldn't help to think about that day.

Amy's words echoed in my head over and over again; and every time I felt sicker and sicker.

I could feel Caleb's worried eyes over me, his hand wrapped around mine but I was too numb to squeeze it back.

At first I was too confused to understand it, it was so unreal to me, so unfair. 

Caleb's POV

"I'll get her out" I offered "You and Rachel can go, we'll meet you there"

"Are you sure?" Chris doubted "She's... Well.. You know"

"Caleb is her mate, she'll need him more than he needs you" Rachel interrupted "Take your time Caleb"

"Thanks" I smiled at her

They walked off while I stood there, staring at my mate. She was deep in thought, she'd been like that since I left her alone with Amy; I shouldn't have done it.

After the stupid fake vampires disappeared, I ran back to the airport, hoping to find Avril before she got into that plane.

And the only thing I found was my broken and bleeding mate unconscious on the ground, Amy twisting around like a possessed, me sister crawling over mud to me, and Cloe.

Cloe, the strongest female of my pack, the girl I'd grew up with, the girl I'd crushed on during all my middle school years; she was lying on the ground, her body was stiff, her eyes were white... Lifeless.

Avril wouldn't know about it if Amy had known how to keep it to herself, at least until Avril was completely healed.

Don't get me wrong, I was sad. Cloe was like a sister to me, I cared about her, and it was painful to tell her goodbye.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts.

I knocked on the car's window, trying to catch Avril's attention.

She took long, but she looked up slowly. A frown appeared on her face as she looked around, realizing that she was alone in the car now.

I opened the door and helped her out.

"I didn't realize..." She started

"Don't worry" I wrapped an arm around her waist "Now let's go, your dad is waiting"

She didn't reply and followed my lead, I could hear how her heartbeat was increasing rapidly.

"Probably I should brought a jacket, I don't want you to get cold"

She nodded slowly, as if she was agreeing with me. I sighed, I couldn't even talk to her anymore, she was way too damaged.

The dark, rusty gate of the cemetery opened even before we reached it. A crowd of people was walking out, all dressed in black.

I held Avril tighter to my side when she shuddered at the sight.

As they walked, my mother was cuddling Louis; Jack's mate and mother of Cloe and Cameron. My mother kept trying to calm her down, but Louis kept sobbing and sniffing.

Jack was a bit more controlled, but his glazy eyes and the bags under his eyes were visible from a mile away. His twin, Steven was walking next to him, trying to give him comfort. Dad was with them, a hand over Jack's shoulder to offer him support. He looked our way for a second, he gave me a Avril and sad smile before he turned his face away.

Behind them, Steven's mate, Carla, was walking with Elliot's arms around her waist.

The gate closed, and guy in a hoodie came out last. I recognized him right away, he was my best friend, my Beta; Cameron.

He put his hoodie down and ran a hand over his cheek, as if he was trying to clean it. He wasn't fooling me thou, I knew him way too well to know that he was trying to be tough.

He looked up and saw us, without wasting a second he walked in our direction.

Avril took a step back, but I stopped her before she could walk away.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"I shouldn't be here" she whispered "They're her family.."

"You are her family too, remember?"

"But I didn't even knew her" she protested "Not like they did, and... and probably they don't want me here anyways"

"Avril, nobody is blaming you for this" I cupped her face "It's not your fault"

Tears ran down her cheeks, I used my thumbs to wipe them away.

I released my hold on her when Cameron stood in front of us, immediately Avril looked down.

"He didn't say anything" Cameron growled

"Roger?"

"Yes! The F*cking Roger!" He exploded

"I told you I was going to that. Go home with your parents, I'll make sure he cooperates"

Cameron clenched his fist and looked away, his eyes told me that he wanted to kill someone.

We didn't know who did it, when we found them there was no one there. The Bennetts said it had been a criminal, a witch, but they didn't give us details. 

And that's what Cameron wanted.

"They didn't tell you..." Avril whispered

Cameron's eyes locked on hers, as if he hadn't noticed she was there before. Once he did that, his eyes softened, and slowly they turned glazy.

"Cameron" Avril sobbed as she wrapped her arms around him "I'm sorry"

"You're sorry?" He sniffed "Why would you be sorry?"

"I shouldn't have come" she said agaist his chest "It's my fault"

"No, it's not" he wrapped his arms around her

I turned around trying to give them privacy, as much as it was hurting me, I couldn't even imagine what Cameron was feeling. What I could feel if something worse than a broken leg had happened to my sister? Probably, I'd be in comatose state.

"Caleb" Avril called

I turned around slowly, she was still hugging Cameron. His nose was as red as hers, but he was trying to hold back the tears.. Unsuccessfully.

"Don't talk to Roger" she shook her head "The witch's name is Elizabeth"

"You remember?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?" She frowned

"Ashley doesn't remember" Cameron explained "Amy said she doesn't either"

"She was lying" Avril assured "And there must be a good reason for her to do that"

"But I need to know" Cameron pressed "Where can I find her?"

"Cameron" I shook my head "Revenge won't bring her back"

"No, it won't" he agreed "But it will make me feel a lot better"

"That's why Amy won't tell you" Avril looked up at him "She'll kill you if you find her"

Cameron was mad, but he decided to take a step back. He put on his hoodie again and walked away with his hands in his pockets.

"Cameron!" Avril yelled

He stopped and turn his head towards Avril.

"She saved us" she sighed "All of us, Amy, Ashley and.. me. We would be all dead if it wasn't for her. She saved us"

Cameron pressed his lips together and nodded once. He turned around, blinking tears away.

I watched as he disappeared down the road.

"Please, you too?" Avril complained "If we both cry who's going to make me feel better with myself?"

"I'm not crying..." I ran a hand over my cheek. And there it was; a salty, sparkling and wet tear.

"Yes, you are" she buried her head on my chest "It's okay... You can cry"

I wrapped my arms around her, my vision became blurry. I shut my eyes tightly, and they rolled down my cheeks.

Avril pulled away and wiped my tears with her thumbs, her eyes locked in mine.

Her fingers entwined on my hair and pulled my face towards her. Her lips crushed mine; passionate, hungry, violently. I could feel her sharp fangs brushing against my tongue, and I could even taste the metallic hint of blood in my mouth.

She pulled back with the same force she started it, her face was blushed. She licked her red lips, any trace of my blood disappeared.

"I'm sorry" she whispered "That wasn't appropriate in this moment..."

"No worries" I caressed her cheek "Anything that makes you feel better"

She smiled sadly and nodded.

"Let's go" I said

Avril's POV

Cloe Alexandra Stewart

I stared at the thing. It was a stupid rock, a stupid rock with her name on it.

I stood in front of her grave, it was so surreal. Sometimes I wanted to be mad, at Caleb for sending us away, at Dad cuz he allowed it, at Amy for leading that witch here, and even at Cloe, for following orders and being part of it.

Soon I realized that it was no one's fault, it was hers. Elizabeth.

"We should go" Caleb whispered in my ear "It will rain soon"

I didn't care, I wasn't afraid of the rain.

It was just us, Rachel and my dad had left us alone for a while.

"Avril"

I turned my face towards him. He was worried, I could tell just by looking at him. He knew Cloe better than I did, and I was making him suffer even more.

"Okay" I whispered

"Can I talk to you first?"

I turned around to see the person who had spoken, even when it was voice I already knew.

"What do you want?" Caleb asked her

"I wanna talk to Avril" Amy replied

I hadn't seen Amy since that day at the hospital, it had been the first time I saw her crying.

Daniel was behind her, his hand rested delicately on her waist.

"No" Caleb almost growled

"I asked Avril, not you" she snapped "Or will you keep taking her decisions for her? We all know how good your decisions can be"

Caleb growled at her. Immediately, Daniel was in front of her, his eyes were yellow already.

"Caleb" I pulled him back "I wanna talk to her"

"You don't know..."

"I know" I interrupted him "I wouldn't have known about Cloe if it wasn't for Amy cuz you wouldn't tell me"

"Avril" he sighed

"I wanna talk to her" I demanded "Alone"

Caleb sighed in frustration, he gave a death glare to Amy before he walked outside of the cemetery.

"You heard the girl" Amy said to Daniel "Alone"

Daniel frowned but he walked away as well. Amy stared at his back until he disappeared of our sight.

"What do you want to talk about?" I inquired "About the reasons you had to lie to Cameron?"

"I figured you would tell him" she sighed "He wants to find his sister's killer"

"And that could get him killed" I added

"Yes"

I nodded and looked away. The wind blowing harder this time, our hair flowed in the air.

"I can kill her"

"What?" I asked

"I'm stronger than her" she assured

"Then why didn't you killed her back there?" I hissed

"I told you about my curse" she whispered "Levitate objects, hypnotize people, materialize things... Those are just tricks, a five year old witch can do it.

I can't use magic, cuz every time I do my heart... I could have a heart attack, and die instantly. It's way too painful"

"Then how do you expect to kill her now?"

She took a few moments to answer me, I guess she was trying to think in what she should say.

"There is a witch, her name is Loretta Carrigan" she sighed "She was banished from the council, any witch have the permission to kill her at sight. So she ran away"

"So?"

"I'll ask her to take away my curse"

"You think she will do that?" I doubted "If she can be killed by anyone, that makes her a bad witch, right?"

"She was doing the same, stealing people's auras to get stronger" she replied "The difference is that Loretta never killed them, she stole their magic. Vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies... They all became human. She gained power, but it didn't last forever so kept doing it. It was like... An addiction"

"Wow, and how do you expect to convince her?" I asked sarcastically "She could do the same thing to you"

"She's changed now"

"How do you know?"

"Cuz my mom knows her" she sighed "She told her everything, and Loretta offered her help"

Well, those were good news. I didn't doubt Amy's word, if she said that she was stronger than Elizabeth then I believed her.

"I'll go with you" I offered

"No!" She shook her head "I can hide easily, nobody would track me. I can't take you with me"

"What if it doesn't work?" I insisted "How do you know this Loretta will know what to do?"

"Cuz she's Elizabeth's mother. She taught her everything she knows"

I stared at her. She wanted to go with the mother of the woman who killed my cousin? The woman who cursed her life? How stupid could she be?

"Don't look at me like that" she ordered "I know what I'm doing"

"And then what?" I snapped " You will kill her? How would I know you're still alive?"

"I won't kill her. I'll bring her here"

"Here? Why?"

"Would you rather be killed by me.. Or by a salvage and blood thirsty wolf?" She smiled devilish

"Cameron?" I mumbled

"Tell your cousin to relax" she half smiled "I'll get her, and I'll give him the pleasure to do whatever he wants with her"

"If you get her" I reminded her

"I will... I'll call you once I get her" she promised "Or once I realizes that I am about to die"

"That's not funny" I snapped

"I'm not kidding, that way you'll know if I succeeded"

I sighed and looked away. Amy was out of her mind, that plan was totally insane. There was no way that Daniel would let her go on a hunting trip.

Or maybe you don't like it cuz your not going , a voice in my head said

"I have a favor to ask" Amy whispered

"Shoot" I shrugged "Nothing could be worse than this"

"Don't tell anyone about this. Especially Daniel"

"He is not going with you?"

"Elizabeth doesn't know that I have a mate" she shook her head "I can't let her know about him"

"What you're asking is crazy"

"Maybe" she agreed "But it's the only way... You wanna catch her  don't you?"

"Of course I do"

"Then help me" she urged

I hesitated. I did want to catch her...

"You promise you'll call me?" I insisted

"I swear"

"What do you want me to do?"

She smiled and turned her face in the direction Daniel had departed, her smile faded and sadness clouded her face.

"Distract him"

"Your leaving right now?" I gasped

"If I stay here she'll be back, and Daniel won't leave me alone, believe me I've tried. If he realizes what I'm doing he'll freak out" she explained "Like... Technically, this is the longest I've been without him next to me, I have to take advantage of the opportunity. The sooner the better"

"But.... Okay" I sighed

"Thanks"

I smiled at her, It was the least I could do.

"Now, they can't hear us cuz I have.. You know, a barrier" she lifted her index finger and moved her hand in circular motion "So, go over there and put on a good show, they must know that something it's going on"

"Okay" I nodded

I took a step away from her, moving my feet in the opposite direction. I stopped for a second, then I walked up to her and pulled her into a hug.

"Wow" she hugged me back "I wasn't expecting that"

"Get used to it" I mumbled "Good luck"

"Thanks"

"Goodbye"

I pulled away from her and took a step back.

"Goodbye"  she smiled sadly

I turned around and headed to the rusty gate.

I kept wondering if I'd made the right decision, if I should insist. However, there was something in Amy's face telling me that this wasn't because of my safety, the expression in her eyes held something I hadn't seen before in her; guilt.

She led that woman to us, to Cloe. Now she wanted to make it up, by herself.

I guess I understood what she was feeling.

"Avril what's wrong?" Caleb asked

I didn't realize how fast I was walking. I crossed the gate to stand next to them. Daniel's eyes were glued behind me, he took a step towards the gate.

"Wait" I closed the gate "I need to talk to you"

"Me?" He frowned, his eyes kept wandering in Amy's direction

"Yes" I walked around them, making them face me and turn their backs to the gate "Both of you"

"About what?" Caleb asked

"About.... "my eyes wandered behind them, where Amy was raising her arms and a little black hole was appearing in front of her

Oh crap!

What should I say? What should I say? What should I say...?

"I'm pregnant" I blurted

"What?" They both said. Daniel confused, and Caleb with a smile on his face

"And it's Daniel's" I added

"Wait! What?!" Daniel raised his hands defensively and turned towards Caleb "No! That's... No!"

Caleb grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, lifting him off the ground and smashing his back on the wall surrounding the cemetery.

"I'm gonna kill you!"

I ignored them and focused on Amy. The hole was tall as her, and it trembled, as if it was unstable; she turned her face towards me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back at her, and waved her goodbye; she waved once before she turned around and walked into the vertex.

She disappeared. It was as if nobody had been there five seconds ago.

I wrapped my fingers around the cold, rusty metal of the gate. I felt alone, empty somehow.

"Avril!" Caleb growled

I flinched in surprise. Caleb's hand wrapped around mine and pulled me towards him, he was trying to be gentle but his black eyes told a different story; His eyes could kill.

He was still holding Daniel's collar with one hand.

Daniel was giving me a death glare, and with his yellow eyes he looked like a crazy killer.

"How the hell could he get you pregnant!?" Caleb demanded "I saw how you bleed that night, and I haven't been away from you since you woke up! How the hell are you implying..?"

"Yeah Avril! what the hell?" Daniel hissed "Why did you said something like that? I've never touched you"

"I.. Well... You didn't let me finish... "

"Well, then finish" Caleb urged

"I... I have no idea" I mumbled "I can't come up with anything"

I pushed his hand away from mine, he growled as I walked away. I heard a loud thud, probably it was Daniel being thrown away.

"Avril!" Caleb chased after me

I kept walking towards the car I heard Daniel cussing behind me. I felt bad for him, he wouldnt know about his mate. However, if that witch wanted to kill Amy, then Daniel would be the perfect target.

Besides, Amy wouldn't take long.

I mean, how long could it take to undo a spell?

**************

One year later......

"Avril!" Dad called

"I know, I know" I laughed

I carried a milk bottle on one hand and a towel on the other. Dad was useless when it came of taking care of him, I wondered how could he survive with me as a baby.

"Chris is going insane" Caleb laughed as he walked up to me "He can't handle your baby"

"Our baby" I reminded him

He laughed and pulled me in for a kiss. My lips met his, and my body shuddered in response. I couldn't believed that after so long he could manage to have that effect on me.

I bit his lower lip playfully, and I gave him a sexy smile when he pulled away; he would have a hell to pay at night, after what he did to me the night before, I had to have my revenge.

"Now, where's my baby boy!?" I called

I walked into the Caleb's living room, and I smiled when I saw him. Caleb didn't want to keep it, but he was too cute for me to ignore.

"I already called the animal patrol" Caleb announced

"Shut up" I complained

I kneeled in front of the couch with the bottle on my hand.

We were driving home when I saw a baby deer on the side of the road, I forced Caleb to bring it home.

"Here you go cutie" I offered him the bottle

The deer sucked the milk right away. He was adorable.

"Can we keep him?" I smiled at Caleb

"Avril, we're not keeping a deer" he shook his head

"Aww" I pout

The baby deer sucked the whole bottle. I laughed as he kept looking for more, he was really hungry. His leg was hurt, probably some idiot had ran him over.

"Why not? It'll be like having a dog"

"A deer an a dog are not the same" Caleb pated my head as he walked next to me

"Grumpy" I mumbled

Rachel laughed quietly while she sat next to my dad. Those two had it going for months before I realized that they were dating. I almost cried Alleluia when I found out.

"Oh, I forgot to remind you..my family is coming at 7" Caleb said

"Why didn't you...? Agh.. You always forget" I complained "I told you to remind me like two hours ago"

"Sorry" he suppressed a smile

"I'll take care of him while the Patrol gets here" Rachel offered

"Thanks" I smiled

I ran to the kitchen. It was already 4 pm, I had 3 hours to finish up dinner. I'd already started before we left the house, the steak was already in the oven; I just needed to make a salad.

Spending time with Caleb's mom turned me into a creepy kitchen lover. I just enjoyed it too much.

"Need any help?" Caleb wrapped his arms around me while I was washing up the lettuce on the sink

"Yeah, you can cut the onions" I pushed him away with my hip "Focus in the kitchen"

"Okay boss" he laughed "You know, you could had bought the other kind of lettuce, the one that comes in a packet"

"Eww.. God knows for how long that packet had been at the store" I focused in ripping out the ball of lettuce I had "This one at least looks fresher"

The phone rang as I placed the lettuce in a bowl. I dried my hands real quick and took the phone over the kitchen counter. I smiled as I read the caller ID.

"Hello, Willy Wonka's factory"

"Hey you, what are you doing crazy girl?" Ashley laughed

"Dinner" I placed the phone between my shoulder and my ear to move the lettuce bowl to the counter.

"Sounds fun" she groaned

"A lot" I smiled. She hated cooking. One look to my right and I catch a red faced Caleb trying to hold back tears while he chopped the onions "Yeah.. Pretty fun"

"So... I'm taking Corey, is that okay with you?" She hesitated

"Yeah sure, that's awesome. I haven't seen him in a while, I thought he was visiting his family"

"He just got back"

Caleb threw the knife into the sink and stepped away from the onions. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Your brother is crying over onions" I laughed

"Haha, sucker" she laughed "That's what he gets for getting inside of the kitchen, I've been telling him that he should never step into it"

"Maybe he'll listen next... Wow" I gasped

Caleb's hands were inside of my shirt, he was pressed against my back, crushing me against the kitchen counter.

"What's wrong?" Ashley asked

"Nothing I just... " I giggled as Caleb's fingers caressed my ribs, and his teeth nibbled my neck "It's nothing"

"You sound agitated, are you hyperventilating?" She inquired "Gosh, this is not a hot line. What the hell are you two doing in the kitchen?"

"Nothing... I'll call you later okay?" I suppressed a moan when his hand trailed all the way down my stomach until they slid inside of my jeans

"Okay" she laughed and hanged up

I elbowed him hard. He groaned as he pressed his hand over his rib. I turned around to face him.

"What was that for?" He complained

"You know why" I replied "Stop doing that while I use the phone"

"What if I don't?" He challenged as he placed his hands on the counter, trapping me again

"Oh my gosh" I hushed, I didn't want dad to hear "You're so horny. Keep it down"

"I can't" he kissed my lips

"Yes, you can" I pushed him towards the sink "Now, wash your hands before you touch any food"

"You say it as if I'd touch poison" he laughed

"You touched me"I reminded him "I don't think that your dad will like food with taste of my panties"

The phone rang again.

"I would" he smirked

I laughed as I picked up the phone from where I left it.

"You're crazy" I shook my head

When I checked the ID I froze.

I hadn't heard from him in months, not even my dad knew where to find him.

He was mad at me, and it wasn't just a guess; he told me how mad he was when he found out that I helped Amy to disappear.

Daniel...

Caleb noticed the change in my mood because he'd become serious, stood next to me with a worried expression on his face.

I sighed loudly before I pressed the green button. Immediately, I put the phone on my ear.

"Hello?" I hesitated

"A-Avril?"

That wasn't Daniel's voice. That was a woman, that was her. There was something in the background, another woman was screaming profanities. The sound was terrible, the call was barely understandable.

"Amy?"

"Ye-eah" her voice was cut by some bad signal "I ---d Eli--beth"

"What?" I asked desperately "I can't hear you"

"Thi- i- it" she tried again "Th-s is th- call"

"The call" I repeated "You're calling me.. Gosh, are you okay?  Did you get her?"

She mumbled something that I couldn't decode no matter how hard I tried.

"Amy?" I cried

The line went dead.

What had happened to her?

************

Author's note:

So that's it my readers!!!

This is the last chapter, but fear not cuz I will post a sequel based on Amy's experiences on that year that went by.

The book will be named Witched .

So, thanks for all of you who followed the book since it's beginnings, it means a lot to me.

I'll try to put Fangs and Claws in the watty awards (if there's still time, I'm not really sure if the deadline is already.. Well, dead)

So, it'll be under the Vampire  category.

So go ahead and help me to support this book!!

Love y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18 0 12
A conspiracy hidden in lies. A world being threatened to change. An Alpha who can't believe the rumors. David lives in a world that he hadn't known e...
29.5K 1.5K 50
*Vampires* II *Romance* II *Action* Elli Nilsson is twenty years old when she is abducted as hostage by a horde of blood-suckers called the Vampists...
1.1K 32 27
* CURRENTLY WORKING/PLANNING ON DOING SOME MAJOR RE-EDITING * Vampires and humans coexist. They mate and create hybrids, vampire and human mate and h...
5.7K 245 13
One vampire. Four wolf shifters. A fate we can't escape. ***Complete!*** I'm a heartless, blood-sucking bitch, and proud of it. Always alone, kicking...