The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Special Chapter War Edition 5

626 31 4
By Arzuera

"Don't worry about demonic Winnie The Pooh here, Metta. Grab kiddo and get her back to the office!" Sans's voice was dangerously low from his normal deep speech pattern. Setting you on edge. Your eyes bounced between the two monsters. Not sure what to do. Also.. Where was Paps?

Mettaton stared down Freddy a few seconds before he tsked in anger. He backed up without removing his gaze from the animatronic until a new wall of bones replaced the hole from where he had stood. Once it was, he was kneeling down next to you. "Come on, Songbird we need to go-" He stopped.

Curious as to why, you followed his gaze to the Freddy arm that was still attached to your waist in it's vice like grip. It's fingers tangled in the mangled fabric of your shirt. You touched your side just above the arm and flinched as pain shot through your body. That was going to bruise. A metallic growl had you looking up at a rather livid Mettaton. His face no longer trying to stay 100% composed.

He gently grabbed the animatronic arm and pried the fingers off of your flesh. Making sure to untangle the fingers from your mangled shirt, he took the arm and chucked it hard at Freddy. Nailing the animatronic in the head. "Hands OFF." His voice was low and threatening as he said it but changed on a dime to a softer tone when he turned to you. "Can you stand, sweetheart?"

You nod your head as Mettaton helps you into a standing position. Your legs wobbling a little bit before you gave the idol a thumbs up. With his hand on the small of your back, Mettaton led you out of the room. Sans sidestepped to make space in the doorway as you both passed. His entire focus on the bear animatronic that was now on its feet.You shuddered while clutching your erratic heart. You did not want to stick around any longer than possible.

A familiar metallic screech had you skidding to a stop as you jogged into the party room with Mettaton on your heels. Foxy barreled out of the hallway. His muzzle scrunched in on itself a bit. You silently scream and clutch your injured shoulder as he runs towards you. Your body scrambling back only to bump into the rigid form of Mettaton. The robot idol steps around you and lunges at the fox animatronic. Catching both of its arms in his, he dragged it out of the way.

"Songbird, get into the security office!" Mettaton said as he continued to grapple the vicious fox animatronic. It had turned its attention away from you and was now trying to claw at Mettaton with all of it's might. You stood frozen for a moment before nodding your head in his direction and running as fast as you can down the hallway.

With the power online that meant that the security office was fully functional again. Though you had no idea how it was back online. Your shoes squeaked against the tile floor as you got closer to the powered doors. You weren't sure why Sans hadn't just teleported the three of you out of here but there must be a reason why he didn't. Despite his lazy demeanor, he always did things for a reason.

You rounded on the security office door. Thrusting your arm with the injured shoulder out, you caught the edge of the doorway and propelled your body into the office. The moment you and your arm was clear of the doorway, the door swooshed closed behind you. What the hell? How had-

"HUMAN!"

Your head whipped over to the security console to see a rather proud and perfectly intact Papyrus. Fighting back tears that were a combination of relief and pain, you launched yourself at the tall skeleton. Ignoring the stinging in your shoulder, you wrapped your arms around his lower chest. You let out a silent sob. Thank God! Everyone was okay! They weren't dust! They were all very much alive!

"Even though I'm beary glad to see you are alright.. Paps get back to the console."

Looking up from the now tear stained spot on Papyrus's battle body, you saw a much more relaxed Sans standing behind you. The remnants of magic from when he teleported in still disappearing.

"ON IT, BROTHER!" Papyrus, gently, pulled out of your embrace and positioned himself in the office chair, making sure to hit the door button so that it opened on your left again.

Sans stepped forward to rustle your hair but you took it a step further by hugging the stout skeleton tightly. He chuckled softly as he gingerly hugged you back. "Sorry about the delay kid. We had some technical difficulties." At that he pulled away and took a position by the right side door.

You whirled around on the left door as you heard the clicking of running heels coming down the hallway. Mettaton soon made his entrance into the office. Throwing his arm out to hit the door button as his body made it past the door frame. It swooshed closed once again. The sounds of animatronic feet following after, along with an insistent banging on the door that was now closed.

"That fox... is so persistent!" Mettaton stated as he straightened up, giving an annoyed look at the fox animatronic from the office window. You didn't even have to head towards Mettaton. His arms were already wrapping around you so that he was holding you close to his chest. "Oh beautiful, I am so glad that you are alright!" The whirring sound of the fans in his chest picked up and you let it calm you down a bit. You were back where you started but everyone was safe. Everyone was okay!

To soon, Mettaton pulled away and stood by the left door. Using the light button to illuminate the hallway, he hit the door button so that it was open again. You headed to the very back wall of the security office. Pressing your back gently against it, you slid down until you were sitting on the floor. Your eyes wandered around the room. Mettaton was stationed by the left door whereas Sans was stationed on the right, while Papyrus sat at the security console constantly flipping through the cameras.

From your position, you could see the power meter indicating that you had 100% power again. Though you were unsure of what made it drain so quickly the first time. Then again it could have been a power failure. This place wasn't in the best of shape. But with the way that everyone was positioned, there was no way that the animatronics were going to get into the office.

Relief spread through your body. The adrenaline that had been pumping through your veins subsided a little bit. Allowing you to feel just how tired you were after all of the scares and running. Your heart pounded away in your chest. How many times were you going to have to calm it down before this horrible night ended?

You laid your head back against the wall and closed your eyes. Counting your deep breaths along with the sounds that your friends made around you. Just having them here was helping you relax significantly. Periodically, Papyrus would call out Mettaton or Sans and the metallic swooshing of a door could be heard. They were working in tandem and it was amazing.

After a few more moments, your heart calmed down to a normal pace and you opened your eyes just in time for Mettaton to close his door again. He glanced at you and gave you a soft smile. "How are you doing, songbird?"

"Much better now." You signed to him while returning his smile.

Glancing at the power before he headed over to you, Mettaton knelt down and checked you over. His eyes growing wide in alarm at the still bleeding wound on your shoulder. "Goodness, sweetheart! What happened to your shoulder?" The robot idol grabbed the blanket that you all had abandoned previously and tore a nice long strip off before properly wrapping your shoulder.

"Foxy." You flinched a bit when Mettaton accidentally wrapped it to tight. "Probably going to need a Tetanus shot after this."

"You are getting a full check up after this." Mettaton finished tying the makeshift bandage in place. "How's your heart?"

"Had a couple scares but it's calm now." Your hands signed as you looked over the neatly applied bandage on your shoulder.

"Now I have to ask.. What was that... thing..." His voice turned to venom on that word. "Trying to do to you in the parts room?"

"He was trying to shove me into that nonfunctional Freddy suit."

Mettaton's eyes shot up in surprise. "But there was no way you could fit! Not with all the mechanisms and wires..."

"I know that. More than likely he would have ground me into a pulp on the pointy things." You couldn't help but shudder at that image. If he had gotten away with it... What would there even be left of you?

"SORRY TO INTERRUPT BUT THE POWER...."

"Right, right! Sorry, Darling." Mettaton stood up and hit the door button as he went back to his position by the door.

Your eyes wandered over to Papyrus. The tall skeleton was frantically searching for something on the security screens before he blared out. "I CAN'T FIND THE YELLOW BIRD ONE!" Both Mettaton and Sans flicked on their hallway lights.

"Not on this side." Mettaton called as he leaned out to peer into the hallway.

"Found the bird brain" Sans stated as he hit his door button and flicked off the hallway light. He turns and leans against the wall as he waits.

Taking this opportunity, you decide to ask him what happened. "Where did you guys go? It was like you all disappeared!" You signed to the stout skeleton after clicking your tongue a few times to get his attention.

"That was an adventure." Sans began while scratching his cheek bone absently. "Well by the time we got back to this office, Paps was trying to talk to it. That creepy purple bunny one. He had it held at arms length but it kept trying to get him. So after Mettaton arrived, He kind of... pushed it out into the hallway. Just some gentle nudges and then closed the door."

"We figured that you had been right behind Mettaton the whole time. It took us a couple of seconds to realize that you weren't with us. When that happened, Mettaton had got that door open so fast and was back in that pirate area before you could blink. With Paps and I following, of course." Sans frown dropped a little bit. "It was there that we saw the small pool of blood and your flashlight on the floor."

"I shouldn't have allowed you to be separated from us!" Mettaton growled to himself. Looking angry at himself that he had allowed harm to befall you.

"Don't you dare blame yourself!." You clapped your hands to get the robot idol's attention. "You didn't know that Foxy would come after me. None of us did!"

"Still... That isn't an excuse... Anyway continue Sans."Mettaton stated after gesturing to the stout skeleton.

"Yeah... well we, immediately, began looking for you. I started teleporting to the various rooms while Mettaton and Papyrus did a more thorough search. Just.. Man. Kid when you don't want to be found, you don't want to be found." Sans gave you a playful wink at that before continuing. "Papyrus did a brief check of the party room while Mettaton looked for clues and pirate cove. It was when we circled back and headed down the right hallway that we ran into some minor trouble. By the way where were you?"

"When Foxy chased me, I ran into the party room and hid under the table in the far back."

"I DIDN'T GET BACK THAT FAR! THE BUNNY ROBOT WAS WALKING IN FROM THE STAGE AREA AT THAT TIME! SPEAKING OF.. METTATON CHECK YOUR HALLWAY!" Papyrus called out a little more loudly than usual.

"How come I didn't hear you?" your hands asked the three monsters. It had been rather silent up until now.

"We kept quiet. That way we didn't alert the animatronics to our presence, sweetheart. If you were hiding, we didn't want to accidentally give you away until we were by your side." Mettaton said as he hit his light to reveal the bunny animatronic right outside the doorway, casting a shadow on the inner wall. Without another word he hit the door button and it denied access to the decrepit purple rabbit.

Sans nodded his head in agreement with the robot idol before picking up where he left off. "Anyway, we ran into the yellow bird one in the kitchens. That 'Let's Eat!' bib is creepy as hell, by the way. It was then that we heard the office doors close and then a few moments later the power went off. We couldn't just leave you in the dark."

"So Papyrus stayed in the kitchen to deal with the bird brain and I took Mettaton over to a fuse box I had found while teleporting around. Papyrus was supposed to head to the office after but I don't know what happened with that." Sans said with a shrug.

"I DECIDED TO CHECK THIS WEIRD SIDE ROOM THAT WAS OFF THE KITCHEN! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT PLACE TO HIDE." Papyrus spoke up as Sans checked his hallway light only for him to open the right door. There was a side room in the kitchen? A pantry maybe? "BY THE TIME I GOT BACK TO THE OFFICE IT WAS EMPTY. BUT I DECIDED TO STAY INCASE YOU MADE YOUR WAY BACK TO THE OFFICE AGAIN!"

That made sense. It would be better for him to wait in the one spot that he expected you to come back to rather than search and miss each other. Like you previously had done a couple times before. At that point, you were hiding under the table in the stage area. If the power had been on Papyrus would have probably noticed the table with a new tablecloth on it immediately.

"While Paps was doing that... Mettaton and I were trying to get the power back on. That.... took longer than it should have." Sans said scratching his chin apologetically. "This place is barely working. The set up is like it's from the stone ages. Now I'm not an engineer but I managed to get it up in running thanks to a part from Metta."

Mettaton did a grand bow before opening his door again as well. "Yep, Alphys is gonna need to fix me up a bit."

"Then we teleported back into the office once I knew that the power would come back on. Not a few seconds later the power turned back on and we were scouring the cameras to see if you had popped out. Only to..." Sans trailed off but Mettaton picked it back up.

"See that bastard pushing you into the suit." His voice was lined with anger and disgust as he said it. The red back in his eyes. "Then I grabbed Sans's arm as he teleported and the rest.. You saw." At that, Mettaton and Sans went back to focusing on their respective doors. Letting the conversation die so that they could focus on protecting you.

Grabbing the rest of the blanket, you wrapped it around your exhausted form. If they hadn't arrived when they did then you would be mangled human meat in a Freddy suit. That... was a rather unpleasant thing to think about. Thank God you had agreed to let them come with you or else you would have died.

You wiggled your arms out of the blanket and fished your phone out of your pocket. Quickly tapping the screen so that it showed you the time.

4:00 am.

Two hours left. Though you still weren't sure why Sans didn't just teleport all of you out. You'll have to ask him the next chance you got. Settling down in the blanket, you watched the cameras behind Papyrus. His focus unwavering. A small smile formed on your lips.

There was no way in hell that those animatronics could get to you now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 2.9K 17
Something I've been thinking about making for a while now. I hope you guys can enjoy it! (Warning! Themes of suicide and depression are in here as we...
291 14 19
RUN. HIDE. KEEP RUNNING. KEEP HIDING. YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER. UNLESS YOU KILL. This human did not know these rules. She's in for a s...
3K 191 11
What if Asgore knew that Sans was a weapon built by the scientist before Alphys? What if Frisk couldn't fix the gap between humans and monsters? What...
91.4K 2.9K 18
The monsters have been liberated from the Underground by Frisk. You didn't mind the monsters, they were nice. You befriended Frisk, Toriel, Nabstablo...