Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 7. Daniel
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 12. Pack meeting
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 14. Heart attack
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 18. Party crashers
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 21. Rejected?
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 31. Goodbye

Chpt 30. Recovery

15.8K 590 20
By GabrielaR

Hello everybody!!

Just one chapter left  :'(

I had a internal debate about this chapter... It was a hard decision...

so, let me know what you guys think about it.

Enjoy.

Fan/Comment/Vote

Avril's POV

Something soft was under me, it felt as if I was floating on feathers.  Was I dead?

No. There was a stinging pain on my arm, I couldn't be dead.

I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't even feel them. I couldn't even move.

I tried again, but a bright light blinded me. My eyes closed again, and I submerged in a deep sleep.

Again.

*********

"Avril"

I groaned. Something touched my arm, I tried to jerk it away, but it was too heavy.

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to adapt them to the light. It was all white, and I could barely make out someone standing in front of me.

"Caleb?" I tried

"She's not responding" an unknown male said

"I'm awake" I said louder "I'm awake"

"Well, it's about time" his voice sounded so far away "Someone will be really happy today"

I squinted my eyes, trying to clear my vision. It took several blinks to reveal the man in front of me.

He was tall, his brown hair showed some gray hairs, and so his crispy beard did.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Dr. Susman" he answered "A friend of your father"

I didn't reply back, I just nodded and turned my face to the side.

I was in a hospital, that explained why everything was so white. My injured arm was wrapped up, and a needle was stuck on my hand, carrying blood from a bag to my veins.

"What happened? I just.. Blacked out for a second" I mumbled "Where are the girls? And Caleb, why isn't he here? Something happened to him, and my dad?"

"Woa, hold on" he smiled "One question at a time. I just kicked them out, you needed to rest and they were a distraction. I assure you, your dad and your mate are outside; desiring to rip my throat because I'm keeping them away, I might add"

"I bet" I laughed weakly "They could come in thou"

"No, there is a couple holding them back there" He lifted my chin a bit, scanning my eyes "You look okay now"

"Good" I sighed, but then I regretted it. I was painful.

"Be careful. You have a couple of broken ribs" he warned

"Thanks for the heads up" I murmured

"I'll tell the Bennetts to bring them in" he walked towards the door "Unless you want to rest"

"No, I love to have them here" I shook my head

"Okay" he stepped out

I took a deep breath as I checked myself. I had some bruises on my free arm and my legs, I was covered with one of the ugly robe they force their patients in to.

I heard a growl outside. Unconsciously, I smiled; I knew it was Caleb.

As if hearing my thoughts he bursted into the room, his eyes were the eyes of a madman.

It was as if he was seeing an angel, I could even see his eyes tearing up.

"Avril!" He cried

He hovered over me, his hands hesitated, as if he didn't know whether to touch me or not. He sighed and caressed my cheek as if I was made of glass.

"You're here"  tears rolled down my face

"Of course I'm here" he kissed my forehead "I'm never leaving you again"

"I love you" I said

"I love you more" he kissed my lips

I kissed him back, but he pulled away too soon.

"I'm so glad you're awake" he said

"Me too"

He straightened up and stepped back, allowing me to see who was waiting behind him.

"Dad" tears rolled again "Rachel"

"My baby" dad kissed my forehead "I thought I had lost you"

"I'm not that easy to get rid off" I half smiled "You're stuck with me for while"

"I'm glad" he laughed between sobs

"Dad... I've never seen you cry" I frowned

"That's because you'd never been in a hospital before" he said "You'd never been so close to d.."

"Chris" Rachel interrupted "Let the poor girl rest, she is not completely healed yet"

"Yes, yes, I know" He agreed

"I'm so glad you're okay honey" Rachel held my hand "These two have been camping in the hallway for days, it didn't matter how many times I told them that you were going to be fine"

"I heard they got kicked out" I smiled

"God bless Dr. Susman for that" she laughed "You needed to rest"

I frowned as I realized what I'd just heard.

Wow. I was slow today.

It took me a while to catch that key word on Rachel's comment.

"Days?" I asked "I've been here for days?"

Nobody answered. I tried to straighten up a little bit, wincing as my ribs protested at my movement.

"Be careful" Caleb held my hand "You shouldn't be moving too much"

"How many days?" I demanded

Caleb sighed and turned his face toward my dad. Dad groaned and ran a hand through his hair.

"You lost a lot of blood" he started "Dr Susman wanted to keep you unconscious while he... Fixed your arm. You're were out for 5 days"

"5 days?"

"Yes"

I sighed. Caleb squeezed my hand softly, as if he wanted to give me support.

Now that I was paying attention, I realized that Caleb was different; there were bags under his eyes, a crispy beard started to grow, and he was.. Tired, sad, worried....

"What happened?" I asked

"We should talk about that later" he said "When you get better"

"No, I want to know" I insisted "Where's Elizabeth? Are the girls okay?"

"I think that's enough" Dr Susman walked into the room "My patient needs rest"

"No" I said

"I'll be back tomorrow" Dad kissed my forehead

"Wait"

"Listen to yor father honey" Rachel did the same

"I don't want to rest" I shook my head

Dad took Rachel hand and walked out of the room. I looked up at Caleb, hoping he would be on my side.

"Caleb?"

"Do what the doctor says, okay?" He kissed my lips "Don't be hard on him"

"Caleb, wait" I called

"Goodbye Mr. Alpha" the Dr. half smiled

Caleb gave him a look before he disappeared through the doors. I cursed loudly, or as loud as I could. I had to know what happened to them, it was my fault. Well, it was also Caleb and my Dad's fault for separating us from them.

My arm didn't hurt so bad... I could.. I should....

I yawned. Everything turned blurry all of the sudden.

I turned my face to the side, and saw the Dr. putting something in the tube connected to my wrist.

His face was blurry and out of focus. My eyes were way too heavy, I couldn't keep them open.

"Sweet dreams" a voice in the background said

Daniel's POV

Something caressed my head. Yes, I could feel soft fingers playing with my hair, it felt so good.

I opened my eyes slowly, and the first thing I saw was a beautiful leg in front of my face.

I'd fell asleep. I was sitting in a chair, right next to Amy. I remember that I just rested my head over her arm for a few seconds, or at least that's what I thought.

My head was still over her arm, I was holding her hand, but with the other she was playing with my hair. I smiled, this was the closest we'd been to each other.

"I know you're awake" she said

I sighed and straightened up. My back was stiff, how long was I out?

Amy followed me with her eyes, her fingers drumming over her lap.

She was wearing a robe, one of her legs was out of the quilt; I mean, completely out of the quilt, even her thigh and part of her hip was exposed.

"Enjoying the view?" She raised an eyebrow

"I am, actually" I smiled "But I didn't do it, your mother said you needed ventilation"

"Ventilation" she repeated mockingly

I looked at her leg again. There was a gauze covering the wound on her leg, her mother came a couple of times through the day with green slimy cream.

It was an antidote, for the poison in her wound. My job was keeping her leg out of the quilt and stopping her from moving too much.

I also applied the cream a few times, but it was better if I kept that to myself.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked

"I'm fine" she sighed "I just... Where's Avril?"

"A few rooms down the hall" I said "She woke up last night"

"Last night?" She groaned "What time is it?"

"Five in the morning"

"Wow. That's the earliest I've ever been up" she scoffed

She closed her eyes, and rested her head on her pillow. Slowly, a single tear fell from the corner of her eye.

Instinctively, I lifted my hand and wiped it off with my thumb.

Her hand rested over mine, keeping it on her face.

She opened her eyes and looked at me. There was something in her eyes, something I'd never seen before; pain, sadness, guilt.

"Are you okay?" I asked even when I already knew the answer

"I'm fine" she whispered "I'm just tired, that's all"

"Okay" I mumbled

She removed my hand off her face, to placer her fingers entwined with mines over her stomach. I watched as she stared at our fingers, it was as if she was surprised of her own gesture.

I was too, I must admit.

"Thank you for being here" she said "Mom must be tired. I know what it takes to make that kind of antidote. Dad is taking care of her, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is" I said "He took her home a few hours ago"

"Okay" she sighed

I kept staring at our entwined fingers, enjoying the sensations of her touch. I was enjoying it while it lasted, because I knew she would be so unpredictable.

As if reading my thoughts, her fingers slipped away from mines. I was about to straighten up and give her some room when her hand cupped the side of my face.

"You know, you're not that bad looking from this angle" she half smiled while her thumb ran up and down my jaw. I shuddered.

"Well, you're beautiful from every angle" I smiled "I guess opposites attract"

She bit her lip, her eyes traveled to mines. Then she looked back at my eyes again. 

I didn't wait for more. I stood from my chair and bent forward.

I pressed my lips against hers, tasting her sweet and delicious mouth. She opened her mouth, allowing me to deepen the kiss; I moaned as she bit my lower lip, her tongue sliding inside of my mouth.

I cupped her face with one hand while I supported myself with the other. God, she really knew how to kiss.

My throat ached, but I ignored it.

It was easy to do, not even her blood could compare with the taste of her lips.

I was starting to get all heated up, and I knew she was doing it on purpose.

She pulled away, and instantly I tried to take her lips again. She smiled as she covered my mouth with her hand.

Slowly, her fingers traced my lips, until she reached my fangs.

"Your eyes are yellow" she was out of breath

"It happens when I get too exited" I rested my forehead against hers

"And when you're thirsty" she dropped her hand from my mouth

"I would never drink from you, unless you allow me to" I said "I'm not a kid, I know how to control myself"

"You're not a kid?" She mocked "How old are you?"

"How old do I look?" I replied

"fourteen"

"Fourteen?" I laughed "I'm pretty sure a fourteen year old kid couldn't take you breath away like that"

"Ey, you're the one with the yellow eyes in here" she raised an eyebrow "I think you're the one out of breath"

I laughed. Okay, she got me there.

"I need to get out of the room" she blurted

"No... Your leg is too weak" I shook my head "You can't just walk away"

"I'm not walking" She made a face "You're carrying me"

"I'm.. I'm carrying you?" I raised an eyebrow

"That kiss wasn't for free" she smiled devilish "Nothing is free"

"So.. I have to pay for every kiss I get?" I mused

"You say it as if you would get a lot" she rolled her eyes

"I might" I smiled

She pressed her lips together in an attempt to suppress a smile.

"Are you carrying me or not?" She turned serious "Or do I have to call someone else? I don't mind paying someone else"

"That's not funny" I groaned "You're not kissing someone else"

"Then stop talking and take me" she stretched her arms toward me

"Are aware of what you're asking?" I smirked

"Carry" she corrected herself "Stop talking and carry me there"

I took her in my arms slowly, trying to give room to her injured leg. I took a step toward the door while she wrapped one of her arms around my neck.

"Wait" she tried to get off me

When I felt her slipping from my arms I held her tighter. I was horrified with the idea of letting her fall.

"Are you crazy?" I asked "You're lucky I have fast reflexes or you would be with your face on the floor"

"I'm not made of glass" she rolled her eyes "Besides, I'm wearing this horrible robe. I have no underwear on, and would be showing off all my thing to everybody while you carry me there. You don't want all the hot doctors outside to do that don't you?"

I didn't reply and allowed her to stand by herself, wrapping my arm around her waist to carry her weight.

I did not like the idea of someone seeing her naked, but I was having what I call not so pure thoughts about her in that moment when she reminded me that she was technically nude next to me.

"Where to?" I asked in an attempt to distract myself. I was sure she would notice I got that kind of exited.

"Take me to Avril's room" she said

"Okay" I started walking

She limped as we moved. I couldn't take her like that.

"Wait here" I unwrapped my arm away from her

She nodded and stood there, supporting her weight on her good leg.

Her mother had packed some clothes for her in case she needed them. I opened one of the white drawers in the room and looked for her clothes. After rummaging for a few seconds I found what I was looking for.

No, it wasn't lingerie, or a thong.

It was just regular underwear.. I guess.

I walked back to her, offering her the cloth. She took it and raised her eyebrow.

"Your mom brought them" I clarified "Need any help?"

"Ha ha, you wish" she rolled her eyes "Turn around"

I did as I was told. One part of me wanted to turn around, but other, the most decent part told me to give her the privacy she wanted.

"Kay, I'm ready" she said

"Great" I mumbled as I scooped her on my arms again

I opened the door and walked us outside. I'd been in Avril's room before, just because I was mated to Amy didn't meant that I wasn't worried about Avril.

Caleb still didn't want me too close to her thou.

As I walked to Avril's door, I saw Caleb sitting on the floor across her room. He looked better than before, but still I didn't want to be in his place. All that of leading a pack didn't look easy.

And it was even worse if you'd lost a member of your family. I didn't even know how he was putting through all of it. I guess he had to be strong for the sake of his pack, and that was admirable.

"Hey" I said

"Hey" he sighed and looked up

"He won't let you in yet?" I raised an eyebrow

"His checking on her right now" he said "Then I'll get in. She's better now, her vampire blood accelerates her healing"

"Good to know" I smiled

He smiled back.

"You're up already?" He asked to Amy

"I can't walk properly" she said "Besides that, I'm fine"

"I'm glad" Caleb mumbled

Amy struggled in my arms, asking me to put her down.

"You look terrible" she said to Caleb

"Thanks" he replied sarcastically

"No, really" she gave me a look "Daniel, why don't you take Caleb to the cafeteria? He needs some coffe... And a good breakfast"

"I'm waiting for Avril" Caleb said before I could reply

"I just need to talk to her, alone. A women talk" she said "You and Daniel can go to eat something, by the time you get back Avril will be ready for you"

Caleb sighed. I didn't want to leave, I could see it on his face.

"Please" Amy said, elbowing me on the ribs

"Yeah, c'mon man" I offered my hand "We won't take long"

"You could shave a bit" Amy offered "Be all.. Fresh and relaxed for her.. You know.."

"Okay" Caleb took my hand "Just 30 minutes"

"Sure" I helped him up

I turned to face Amy, whatever she wanted to talk with Avril was none of our business. I  had a bad feeling about it, but I shook it off.

"I'll take you inside" I offered

"No need" she turned around "I'm wounded, not handicapped"

She pulled the door and limped her way in.

Avril's POV

"I'm fine" I repeated "It doesn't hurt that much"

"Are you sure about that?" Dr. Sus asked again

"Positive" I nodded

He wrapped my injured arm again, he cleaned it up twice tonight. I closed my eyes while he did so, I didn't want to see it.

The door opened slowly, and we both turned our heads in that direction. Caleb would get a lecture if he kept sneaking in.

A wave of joy overflowed me when I saw Amy's face peeking through the door.

"Amy!" I cried "Oh my gosh, I thought that something bad was going on. Nobody wants to talk to me about it"

"Well, we're alive" she limped toward me "Unless you count that as bad"

Dr. Sus grabbed her arm and helper her out, he sat her next to my bed.

"Thank you" she smiled at him "Can I have a moment with Avril?"

The Dr. looked at me, I nodded in response.

"As you wish" he smiled at Amy "Don't take too long. You should be on revovery as well Miss Bennett"

"I know" she replied

The Dr. left the room, leaving us alone. The air seemed denser, it was as if Amy's visit was a bad omen.

"Thanks" Amy said "For taking the stake out of my leg. I didn't realized that I had it, I could had died"

"There's nothing to thank me for" I said

She looked down at her hands, a frown appeared on her pale face.

"What's wrong?" I asked "Did they tell you what happened?"

"No" she shook her head "I didn't even ask"

"Why not?"

"Because I was there" she sighed "I know what happened"

"Then tell me" I urged

Amy sighed. It wasn't a short one, it was one of those depressing sighs that come with bad news.

"I saw when you blacked out" she said "The wolves and my parents arrived like.. Ten seconds later. Elizabeth ran away, she knew she didn't had a chance"

"Who was this woman?" I asked

"She.. I helped your father to get rid of Rogues. I guess I was part of the exterminators; well, we heard about a witch who was using black magic" she sighed again "Your father assigned me that mission. Elizabeth was trying to gain immortality by devouring the souls of other creatures. I almost stop her... That's when she cursed me and ran away"

"But she was looking for you" I murmured

"Yeah.. I did that to her face" she smiled sadly "It was a powerful potion, that's why she can't fix it back. I didn't even know that she was looking for me"

"What about the Rogues?" I asked

"They were real" she assured "At some point. You mated with Caleb, that took your pheromone away.  I think Elizabeth wanted to use their distraction to get to me, but when they left she had no choice but to create a fake army"

"We should have stayed with the rest" I groaned

"That would have been worse" she shook her head "She didn't harm them. She just kept them busy. If I had been there, probably she would have use a real army. There would have been more deaths that way"

"More deaths?" My heart stopped

"Avril... You can't imagine how sorry I am" her voice trembled

I straightened up. This wasn't happening.

This couldn't be happening.

She said the army was a distraction. She said nobody had been hurt.
Nobody from the groups, we weren't part of any group.

Ashley? That would explain why Caleb was so tired. She was his sister, his blood.

Cloe? I shuddered at the thought of losing the only female cousin I had. Even when we didn't get along that good. She was my family.

"Who?" Tears rolled down my cheeks

She didn't responded. She just looked down at her hands again.

"Who!?"I yelled

"She's not even dead" she mumbled, her face hidden under her black hair "Her body is gone, but not her soul. She stole it"

"Amy" I hissed between tears "Tell me.. Who?"

Amy lifted her face. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her eyes were dull, tormented. There was something I'd never seen in her before... Pain. Real and genuine pain, mourn, and guilt.

"Cloe" she sobbed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 257 13
One vampire. Four wolf shifters. A fate we can't escape. ***Complete!*** I'm a heartless, blood-sucking bitch, and proud of it. Always alone, kicking...
3K 124 12
There are two species of vampires, ones created by the Lilith Curse, and those created by The First Witch. The Originals were created by The First Wi...
22 0 1
A conspiracy hidden in lies. A world being threatened to change. An Alpha who can't believe the rumors. David lives in a world that he hadn't known e...
872K 40.3K 45
Humans didn't know vampires existed, yet they live among them just because they don't make themselves known doesn't mean they are not there. *** Onl...