Young Love Complications •Ste...

mysticalxo

She's admiring the twenty-eight year old NBA MVP, Stephen Curry. She wonders what it would be like to be in a... Еще

Prologue
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
PLEASE READ
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 40
Ch. 41

Ch. 39

3.4K 95 8
mysticalxo

JOSLYN MEYERS

I smiled as I stepped out of my car, still in my white cap and gown from graduation.

There were so many laughs, tears, and joys.

I enjoyed every last minute with the people that I grew up with since basically middle school, some high school. It was really sad to think that I'd probably not see some of people again, but it's life. We are taking that stepping stone to our future.

Today, even though it was graduation, grandma and grandpa were leaving. Their flight leaves at 6:13 PM, and we were just getting back from the high school at 5.

Our ceremony started at 3 and ended at 4:15. We just ended up staying longer because of pictures with friends.

Literally grandma and grandpa were picking their bags up and getting back into the car. They packed before we left for the ceremony.

So today was a very, very bittersweet day.

I was back to living by myself, and let me tell you how much I was gonna miss their presence.

I unhooked my gown, exposing my red sun dress, and took off my cap, while riding my straight hair in the process.

I stayed out by the car, that they rented if you were wondering, waiting for them to come back downstairs.

I enjoyed the sun that lingered on this beautiful day, and sighed.

It still was hitting me that I was done.

I passed, and I'm done.

What would I do in the summer that'd be leading me to college? Yet, I still don't know what college I wanted to attend.

Grandma sort of helped me. She didnt help me finalize to a decision but she gave me some tips on how to make that decision on my own.

So here, I was still deciding.

"Okay, baby girl. We are all packed and ready to go." Grandma says.

I smile, and grab her suitcase for her and putting it in the trunk, while Grandpa made room for it.

I turned on my heel and gave him a hug. "Bye Grandpa. Thanks for coming."

He was the type who didn't really love affection, but when it came to me and his wife, he had no problem showing it.

He kissed my forehead, still hugging me tightly, "You're welcome. I'm very proud of you, bug. Very. You be good out here, okay? And give us a call whenever you'd like."

"I will."

He smiled and patted me on my shoulder, letting me get to grandma.

I went into her arms like a bulldozer making her laugh.

Tears started forming in my eyes as she swayed me back and forth in the hug. "You be good pretty lady. I love you."

I sobbed, "I love you too. I'm gonna miss you guys."

And I was.

I've grown too attached with living with them, and their affection that was present everyday when I woke up. Now I was gonna be waking up to nothing, and that hurt me more than ever.

"Oh, Joslyn. Don't cry. This is your day, sweetheart! Smile!"

I looked at her through my tears, and shook my head. "I can't."

She giggled and hugged me tighter. "You can always come visit. You know that. How about soon, I'll call you and we schedule you a day to fly down here for a week or so?"

I nod, "I'd love that grandma."

"Good." She kissed my cheek, and held me out in front of her. "Be good."

"I will."

She walked to the passenger side of the car to get inside where grandpa was already in the driver's seat.

I wiped my tears, as they slowly began to back out of the drive way.

"Bye!" I yell.

They wave, smile, and blow kisses before they take off down the street.

I walk up the driveway, and go to the mailbox to see if I had anymore college offers.

Seeing that most of the envelopes contain Justin and Valerie Meyers, I toss them to the floor in the house.

I would pick them up later.

I stopped at one that had my name. Realizing that this was not a letter from Mom or Dad because the envelope was blue and yellow.

I opened it up, and read the following.

Dear Joslyn Meyers

   You cordially have been invited to the 2016 NBA's Rookie Party Celebration June 14th at 8:00PM.

Hope you can make it.

Call me for more information.

      -Klay Thompson

And below was his number.

I tilted my head in confusion, and bit my lip.

NBA's Rookie Party Celebration?

Is that like a party for all of the NBA Drafts?

Well, I had a question, so I dialed Klay's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Klay?"

"Yes. Who is this speaking?"

"Joslyn."

"Oh! Hi Joslyn! What's up? Long time, no see."

"Yeah, nothing. Just getting home from my graduation and seen your invitation."

"Wow first and foremost, congratulations. Second, I'm assuming you had questions?"

"Thank you, and yes! Is this for the NBA Drafts?"

"No problem, and sure is. There's always a party to congratulate them and most of the players from all teams come to Los Angeles to do so. It's fun, and we are allowed to invite anyone, we wanted. I invited you."

"Hahaha, why'd you do that? Am I like your 'date' or something?"

"Joslyn, you can be whatever you want, but I suggest you come as my friend because I wouldn't want Stephen to whoop my ass."

All of a sudden, my heart sped up.

Completely forgot that Stephen would be there, so what could that mean for me?

Questions and questions, I could only find out if I went.

"Yeah, that's probably the best bet. Ha..ha."

".... You're okay with going knowing that Stephen will be there, right?"

"Right."

"Right ooonn. I will send in your ticket soon, and we'll fly to Los Angeles together the 14th at noon."

"Okay, sounds great! Thank you Klay for inviting me. It'll be a great start to my summer."

"Aye no problem. You deserve it. I'll talk to you soon."

"Cool, bye!"

"Deuces."

I chuckled at Klay after I hung up.

"Deuces." I said to myself as I started walking up stairs, and laughed. "Deuces."

"I can still hear you!" I hear a muffled voice.

I took my phone out of my pocket and seen that I actually didn't hang up on him. And mentally facepalmed myself.

"Hahahahahaha, sorry bye Klay!"

I made sure I pressed the end button 50 times before it disappeared, and laughed harder to myself.

*************************

Vote & Comment. xo

-Draycee

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

71.5K 1.3K 24
We can't always get what we want in life. I found that out when I lost my best friend to the one thing he loved in this world: Basketball. But what I...
83.2K 2.4K 24
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, she finds a best friend & lifelong companion in her teammate.
Our Love is Forever SecretAnne

Любовные романы

10.6K 119 35
Their both 26 years old and they don't know each other but they still see each other around. Blue Thompson is Klay Thompson's sister and he is super...
400K 3.4K 55
In which I write imagines about Jace Norman.. Not accepting anymore requests, this book is done! - Request in my messages or comments - Sweetie🤍